How do I get rid of blank pages between each page of reports

I am having a blank page put in between each of the pages of my reports and
it is throwing off the next page layout, how do I get rid of these blank
pages?
--
Allen
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Most likely the design width of your report slightly exceeds 8-1/2" minus
the left margin minus the right margin you have set in Page Setup. This will
cause a blank page between each of the pages of your report. Decrease the
design width of your report or set your left and right margins smaller.

Steve

"Allen G." <AllenG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am having a blank page put in between each of the pages of my reports and
> it is throwing off the next page layout, how do I get rid of these blank
> pages?
> --
> Allen

0
Steve
4/8/2010 10:50:07 PM
On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 15:33:01 -0700, Allen G. wrote:

> I am having a blank page put in between each of the pages of my reports and
> it is throwing off the next page layout, how do I get rid of these blank
> pages?

The usual cause of blank pages in a report is that the combined width
of the report plus the width of the left and right margins is greater
than the width of the paper.
Either make the width of the report shorter or decrease the width of
the left and right margins, or both.

If you can't drag the right edge of the report towards the left you
probably have a control (usually a line) extending to the current
right position. It can be just at the extreme top or bottom of a
section which means it is going to be hard to see in Design View.
Use the Object drop-down control to highlight each line in turn until
you find the culprit. Reposition it or make it shorter, then drag the
right edge to the wanted size.

Another possible cause is the length of the report is too long. Make
the Top and Bottom margins smaller and make the length of the report
shorter.
--
Fred
Please respond only to this newsgroup.

multiple flyers per page?

open two different Access reports

printing 2 charts on single page

Getting the BCC field by default.

Input to custom reports

Getting rid of selection

Workplace Queues

Value is BLANK

Get info from Fidelity
I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market fund information. How can I make it download money market fund info? In microsoft.public.money, Peter Tso wrote: >I use money's portfolio manager to retrieve info from my >Fidelity accounts. However, it only retrieve stock and >bond informations. It did not retrieve the money market >fund information. How can I make it download money market >fund info? Fidelity does things a differently th...

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...

Get Xml from web .
This is a link to an address where I would like to access xml. http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?cmd=user_xml&email=XXXX The XXXX is the email address of a user. All I want to do is access the xml and view it in a datagrid. I have read several tuturials and articles and have not been able to find something that would explain how to do this. Does anyone know of a sample code or something close I could use as a reference. I am using visualstudio.net. and visual basic. THX Take a look at using the following classes on your app: HttpWebRequest HttpWebResponse DataSe...

Crystal Report Launch 2
(sorry to repost this thread, but this was too old and I got no respones!) Can anyone explain this better? I can't find any documentation about this.........and techknowledge seems to be useless: http://www.greatplains.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=28987&code=7842 can anyone show an example? I tried looking at the url of a report (almost a mile long!) and I indeed saw the paramters I put, but when I try to reopen that url in another browser I get this error: Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File 7c433cc1d949d16.rpt. any help would be greatly ...

Setting up Word to automatically open in Standard mode, zoom=page margins
I've tried to find ways to handle this through the normal.dot file and can't find it... Word wants to open in layout mode and 200% zoom, forcing me to manually select mode and zoom. Any way to get Word to do what I want instead of what it wants? Thanks for your time. ===== Edward Lipsett Fukuoka, Japan Hi Edward: Word will open each document in the view and zoom it as last saved in. The onyl way to have a particular view happen every time is to create an AutoOpen() macro that specifies the view you want. Turn on your Macro Recorder and record yourself setting the view and zo...

Report not giving same output on all machines.
I have a report that it supposed to include a number in the total if the percentage is 15%. I round up the %age. All the users are getting the correct total on the report except one user. The total on that machine is coming out to be less. its the same report and same version of Access (2002 - 2003). Cannot figure out why only one computer is having this issue. Thanks in advance. Venus, Pretty hard to say without knowing more details about the query behind the report, or what one PC returns for records, as compared to what the problem PC returns. For example... If ...

can't get the pratice excel spreadsheet to download for training
I can not get the spreadsheet to download in the training session for excell Which training session would that be? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 19:03:01 -0800, KEEPERS <KEEPERS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can not get the spreadsheet to download in the training session for excell ...

I can't get Dsum to work
I am using the following statement but I'm getting a total for the entire data set were I only want a total of "Qty Due Next Week" for each "Part". DSum("[Qty Due Next Week]","qryInvMovement1","[Part] = " & '[Part]') any help is appreciated. I would also be deeply inbebted if you could provide the reason why. thanks! Robert Robert, Is Part a text field? DSum("[Qty Due Next Week]","qryInvMovement1","[Part] = ' " & [Part] & " ' ") (remove the spaces between the d...

Revise exisitng SmartList reports in SmartList Builder
It would be very useful to allow for existing reports in SmartList, the reports that either come standard when SmartList is installed or that are created later on, to be revised or altered in SmartList Builder. For example I would like to add some calculated fields to some of the exisiting reports in SmartList, however I cannot make this change. I am forced to go in and create another report from scratch if I only just want to make a relatively simple modification to an existing report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestion...

Reports with User Date ranges
I'm trying to modify SOP activity reports to print with the restriction of the User Date - not the Document Date. I can't find this field or range. Is there a way I can get any SOP activity report to print the activity for the USER DATE I specify? Thanks. What is the "user date?" I'm not aware of a field with that name. Are you talking about a user-defined field or some other date field? If so, you will need to create your own report; use SmartList; or use Dexterity to modify the selections. "Sal" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...