How Do i Get Access tables to mail merge in Word

I am trying to link a table or the results of a query to a word report
template that i can use to display all of the records of a given table.

For instance, in any given quarter, we may have 5 new sumps.  When I open
the word template i want those 5 records to appear within the template.
Then, during the next quarter, if there are 10 new records, i want to table
to automatically update. That is, it will adjust to show all five records.

The way the template is currently set up, I have to manually edit the tables
by copying and pasting the records from the queries or tables in Access to
Word.  It would be oh so convenient if the tables could update themselves
after each query run.  I've tried to use Mail Merge to do this but can't seem
to the the tables to expand or contract automagically.

Thanks to anyone who has a suggestion or reference. J. Ruben.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Excel not Access

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Inserting form values into a table

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

Grammar check not working

Mail lMerge

Radar chart in Access 2007 report

HELP! remote data not accessible msg

Purchase Resolution Tables
PRW tables in Great Plains - are these tables temporary tables populated only when the purchase resolution is run? Im asking because i want to extract data in crystal from the PRW40034 table but cant seen any PRW tables via crystal. Thanks Theo :) I reckon these PRW tables are names of once before existing tables in earlier versions of GP - i believe the tables I want are the MPO tables If this is 100% (im at about 95% with this) its a shame MBS havent cleared up the table list to NOT show tables that are no longer used. Theo :) "Theo" wrote: > PRW tables in Great Plains -...

set default record to a table
I have a shared db with various front ends (mde). I would like to set a paricular record as my default record, so whenever someone opens up the various db forms it opens up to the same default record. Is this possible? Maybe this is a matter of terminology... In Access, data is stored in tables. Each table has it's own records (collections of related data). When you say you want a "record" to be the default one pulled up by everyone, how do you know they are all using their different forms to look at the same data (i.e., table)? Next, why? What is it about ...

Accessing the same PST file from multiple WinXP Pro IDs
I am running a Windows NT 4.0 network with workstations with Windows XP Pro. One user has Outlook 2000 on his notebook. He has a profile to log on to the machine itself (i.e. not on the Windows NT domain) for when he's "on the road" and one for logging on to the NT network domain to use the printers and network facilities. On my personal notebook I have Office XP and I was able to configure Outlook's data files (Tools -> Options -> Mail Setup -> Data Files) so that I would access the same PST file under both profiles. I cannot figure out how/if this is poss...

Weighted Average Calculations for Pivot Tables
How does one implement weighted averages in pivot tables. Assume Bonds Interest Rate 100,000 .06 200,000 .04 800,000 .10 Weighted Average Interest Rate is .0927 (I normally do this using sumproduct(col a,col b)/sum(col a) I would like to be able to perform this in a pivot table with the weighted average calc being a grand total. You can see how this can be useful and expanded once the basics are found. Any ideas. ffrazz ...

How do I copy data in single cell format to a merged cell format
I need to copy a list of data in single cell format into a spreadsheet where those same columns are merged cells (with four cells merged into one). I have several hundred lines of data so some way of copy & paste (other than each cell individually) would be appreciated. Thanks Paul Hi Paul What I would do is copy format of sheet with merge cells to blank sheet then copy single cell data to sheet with merge cells select single cell to paste you lose formatting so after just copy format from blank sheet created earlier I find this easiest way Hope this helps Tina "Paul" w...