how do i get a template in MS access for managing employees & payr

Dear friends, i intend to design a simple database that can help my
organisation manage its employees {departments, addresses, telephone nos,
payments(both basic and extras), deductions from salaries, payment
types(weekly, monthly, fortnights), contracts (types, terms and duration) and
generate monthly details for each employee.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Dear Isaac,

You don't yet realise that what you have described is not a "simple
database".

Read widely, on how a relational database works.  Here's a site where you
can find lots of essential basic material:
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html

And now, we'll just wait for the detailed questions to come in ;-)

Good fortune,

Rob

Isaac Shekonkubito wrote:
> Dear friends, i intend to design a simple database that can help my
> organisation manage its employees {departments, addresses, telephone
> nos, payments(both basic and extras), deductions from salaries,
> payment types(weekly, monthly, fortnights), contracts (types, terms
> and duration) and generate monthly details for each employee.

0
Rob
11/20/2009 11:34:52 AM
I have two CRM templates that have a little bit of what you want and might
be a help to start down your road.  Currently I only show the one CRM
template on my website, but I have been giving away a CRM template designed
for Access2007 only to all my customers.  Both templates are similar.

You can always look at the Microsoft templates page (if you are using
Access2007), there is a link from my site to this page as well.

I doubt you will find exactly what you want so probably good to start with
whatever you find that's close and has some good concepts to steal.

HTH,
Mark Andrews
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com

Microsoft's page is:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101172481033.aspx?ofcresset=1

"Isaac Shekonkubito" <Isaac Shekonkubito@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:40A26FE8-BE0D-446A-9D4C-7CE1B5BBFB8F@microsoft.com...
> Dear friends, i intend to design a simple database that can help my
> organisation manage its employees {departments, addresses, telephone nos,
> payments(both basic and extras), deductions from salaries, payment
> types(weekly, monthly, fortnights), contracts (types, terms and duration)
> and
> generate monthly details for each employee.

0
Mark

Windows Firewall and Headquarters Manager
Does anyone know what exceptions I need to add to Windows Firewall to allow me to access Headquarters Manager with the firewall enabled? I am running Windows 2003 Server with SQL 2005 Standard. You must enable in fireware for inbound and outbound access port from 34000 - 35000 or whatever port you have defined in HQ Server > File > Configuration > HQ Server Port Section. Also need to check the Client Site: HQ Client > File > Configuration> HQ Client and allow this port as inbound: "Anthony Laidler" wrote: > Does anyone know what exceptions I need to ad...

How do get a picture in publisher to print on only one page?
I have clip art I have downloaded to publisher. It shows on one page when I am working with it but when I go to print the image shows up in the corner of 4 pages. I am a rookie with this so sorry if this sounds too easy. ...

Access XP database
I am creating a database that will produce a sales contract in the construction biz. It will have two tables: one contains the line items and the other the customer information and static contractural information. I need to link the two tables so that I can produce a query from which I will produce a report. 3 questions: 1). What kind of field would I need to create to act as primary key, which leads to question 2). What kind of relationship do I need: one to many, etc and 3). what kind of join would I need to make this work?. The table with line items has a "Yes/No&...

Make sure no running instances of MS Word
I need do some work which do not want any instances of MS Word existed. How to make sure no running instances of MS Word? Use CreateToolHelp32SnapShot(...)/Process32first/Process32Next and see if the PROCESSENTRY32 's szExeFile has winword.exe substring. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft MVP "lotus" <hanfeifei@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137401872.309784.308260@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I need do some work which do not want any instances of MS Word existed. > > How to make sure no running instances of MS Word? > ...

Employee ID
I have been using the command below to add the employee id with Quest active rolls powershell commandlets. What I want to do is read a csv of email addresses and enumerate the employee ID and username. any Ideas? Import-Csv c:\users.csv | foreach { Get-QADUser $_.email | Set-QADUser -ObjectAttributes @{employeeID=$_.employeeID} } What about ? Import-Csv c:\users.csv | foreach { Get-QADUser $_.email - IncludedProperties employeeid -DontUseDefaultIncludedProperties } | ft name,employeeid Hi BillH, I don't have access to AD at the moment but if the command you posted d...

Two Excel tables in MS Query
How can I link two tables in two Excel-files, in MS Query and result view in PivotTable? ---------------------------------------------------------------------- I can link two tables in one Excel-file. ActiveSheet.PivotTableWizard SourceType:=xlExternal, SourceData:=Array( _ "SELECT `TKG_DATA$`.YEAR, `TKG_DATA$`.MONTH, `TKG_DATA$`.DAY, `TKG_DATA$`.TIME, `TKG_DATA$`.`INC/OUT`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C59/170`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C46/158`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C356/137`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C355/358`, `TKG" _ , _ "_DATA$`.`C354/357`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C32/142`, `TKG_DATA$`.`C30/116`, `TKG_D...

Is Access a practical solution to track disciplinary/grievance cas
Hi I work in the HR department of a large company, at present all of our disciplinary and grievance cases are stored on a very messy outdated excel spreadsheet. I have been given the task of updating the way we record information and I thought Access might provide the solution. Has anyone had any experience of using Access for this type of function, if so please can you provide me with some advice? Cheers On Wed, 24 Feb 2010 05:55:01 -0800, AndyHRM <AndyHRM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Yes, generally speaking Access is suitable for that. But if this is your...

MS-Query Alternative?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C35756.09101A00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Does anyone know of an add-in alternative to connect to ODBC data = sources that provides more advanced features than MS-Query? MS-Query appears to have difficulty dealing with more advanced queries = where multiple table joins are required. I want to enable the criteria = options, but as soon as you get the message "Query cannot be presented = graphically, do you want to continue anyway?" and...

I need a template for avery 6572
I am trying to format a lable 6572 (avery). I can't find it in publisher 2003 - and I can use word, although the lable doesn't look as good, because I have to save it as a jpg. Any ideas? Often the same Avery label will be found under different numbers. They change because of ink jet or laser, color, and/or quantity. It could be that the label you need is called something else. I'd suggest checking Avery's website and see if this is the case. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "helpmerhon...

Cannot install Business Conatact Manager
I get an error that says it cannot configure the server and the install stops. I am assuming it means SQL server but what would that have to do with a stand alone install? I installed it on my laptop just fine but it does this weird failure on my desktop. Both systems are fresh installs of Win XP PRo with all service packs and updates installed. Any help out there? thnx, doc333@comcast.net Please report the exact error message that you received. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and ...

How can i get more 3D shapes for Auto shapes in excel?
Please suggest how i can get more shapes (simple as well as 3D ) in Auto Shapes of drawing toolbar in excel & word? ...

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

How get rid of Office Discussion Groups on far left of screen
When I come to this discussion group there is a grey area on the left of my screen that lists the Office Discussion Groups. I would guess there is a way to close this or get it off screen but if there is, I can't find it. It is taking up a significant amout of screen realty. Woody wrote: >When I come to this discussion group there is a grey area on the left of my >screen that lists the Office Discussion Groups. > >I would guess there is a way to close this or get it off screen but if there >is, I can't find it. It is taking up a significant amout of screen...

Microsoft access intresting history
Can any one help me I need intresting introduction for microsoft access fora new users.and also how access can be useful for new users-- Message posted via AccessMonster.comhttp://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/200703/1...

Outlook Web Access 01-20-10
How do I save an e-mail message from Outlook Web Access in My Documents? Version of OWA/Exchange? In Exchange 2007's OWA- click the printer button (then cancel the print) and then save the page as HTML. Press the Alt key open the menu bar if its not visible. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-RE...

Integration Manager 10
We are having multiple problems with IM10. When we are in a company in GP and select Run Integration, nothing happens. We can use open integration and then run it form there. Is here something we missed in the upgrade to GP10 and IM10 that would cause this? Additonal information. I am trying this running as administrator on the computer and sa in GP, so I don;t think security is the issue. Any help would be appreciated. "Bob Harrison" wrote: > We are having multiple problems with IM10. > > When we are in a company in GP and select Run Integration, nothing happens. ...

*Help* Senders Getting NDR Message Size Too Big--But Are Not
Hello-- We are running Exchange Server 2003 Standard on a Windows Server 2003 Standard platform. About a week or two ago our members starting getting NDRs that the message size exceeded the limit. We had it set to the default, and we did tests of sending ourselves messages from home with 4MB attachments, small mesages, etc. and would still get the NDR. After that, I set the message size (not attachment size) to unlimited, and some of our members are still getting NDRs that the message size is too big. Can anyone help me and tell me what this could possibley be? Everything else on our...

How to get a copied sheet to update?
I made a copy of sheet 1, and it is names sheet 2. How can I get th data that I entered in sheet 1 to copy or update directly into the 2n sheet. Like I said the sheet are identical, sheet for sheet. Onc that is done, how can I set it up so only the 2nd sheet prints? Thank in advance! Mile -- mcr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mcr1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1549 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27759 To get a "linked" copy of sheet1 that updates. Wi...

HTML text gets cut
Hi, one client (w2k, Office2000, IE6SP1, plus patches) has a problem with mails in HTML-format: the text gets cut off after aproximately 1 page and the rest of the text is lost. Mails in plain text or rich text-format is ok. Any help? ...

Opening Forms based on Combo Box Selection (Access 2007)
I am creating a database in which people in 10 different regions will enter information into forms for facilities in their respective regions. I'd like the users to open the database, select their region from a combo box and click an "open form" command button that will open all the records/forms in their region (right now, the forms only have the facility name and address information entered). How do I link the command button function to the combo box? I know their is probably a simple answer to this question. Any help would be appreciated! Thank you! Mary ...

Creating a new excel template like SFO quote mailmerge template
I want to create an excel template for calculation purposes on quote form. Print Quote for customer on SFO lets you create a word mailmerge template. Just like that I want to create a custom menu item which will let me bring up an excel template, on which I can do calculations and pass that calculation back to quote. Any pointers on how do do this ? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

MS deluxe trial ?
I downloaded the ms money deluxe plus trial ver. I'm not going to upgrade to this. How do I get back to ms deluxe 2007 with up to date transactions? Thanks Jeff In microsoft.public.money, JG wrote: >I downloaded the ms money deluxe plus trial ver. > >I'm not going to upgrade to this. How do I get back to ms deluxe 2007 with >up to date transactions? Locate the *.m16 file that Money Plus created. Copy that to a *.mny filename. Install Money 2007, and have it open that *.mny file. Download transactions that are available and process them. What is not available by ...

get/change operation
I am getting the following error message when I saved/deleted a transaction in Receivable Transaction Entry A get/change operation on table 'aaSubLedgerHdr' cannot find the table, when I click more info it says [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'FIS.dbo.AAG20000'. We are using GP 8.0 GP client is looking for this object in the FIS database. It sounds like it is from the AA module (advanced analytics???). 1. launch SQL query analyzer and check if the object exists. Sometimes it could be a grant issue. 2. if you cannot find the objec...

NotinList not getting called?
I have this code (graciously provided by Dave Hargis) Private Sub LookPhone_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) If MsgBox(NewData & " Is not in the database " & vbNewLine _ & "Do you want to Create a new record?", _ vbInformation + vbYesNo, "Not Found") = vbYes Then Me.LookPhone = Me.LookPhone.OldValue CurrentDb.Execute ("INSERT INTO Customers ([Phone]) " _ & "VALUES ('" & NewData & "');"), dbFailOnError Me.Requery With...

import snp file extension to MS Excel
I received a file with an extension snp, is there any way I can convert or import to MS Excel format? Thanks. Not to my knowledge, which is that SNP files can only be viewed with Access Snapshot Viewer. Ask the person that sent it to you to export it to Excel instead of SNP. ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "TSS" <TSS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0B79D46-7545-4D30-9152-0D633590AF6E@microsoft.com... >I received a file with an extension snp, is there any way I can convert or > import to MS Excel format? > > Thanks. FWIW, De...