How do I freeze a column to scroll in Access 2007?

Need to freeze a "last name" field so I'll have it when I scroll through
student information.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You can not.  This is not Excel.
Why would you need to freeze a field in a relational database?
--
Build a little, test a little.

"jenbcoll" wrote:

> Need to freeze a "last name" field so I'll have it when I scroll through
> student information.
It's your form is a datasheet or split form with a datasheet you can right
click on the column heading and choose Freeze Columns.

Not sure hwo this compares to Excel freezing ability.

Or do it in code.

Mark
RPT Software
http://www.rptsoftware.com

"jenbcoll" <jenbcoll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need to freeze a "last name" field so I'll have it when I scroll through
> student information.

0
Mark

Hiding empty rows and columns
Does anyone know the code for hiding all blank rows and columns in a worksheet. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following (adapted from: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteBlankRows) Public Sub HideBlankRows() Dim R As Long Dim C As Range Dim Rng As Range On Error GoTo EndMacro Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual If Selection.Rows.Count > 1 Then Set Rng = Selection Else Set Rng = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows End If For R = Rng.Rows.Count To 1 Step -1 If Application.WorksheetFuncti...

SharePoint (WSS) 2007 / Outlook 2007 - Alert
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00AD_01C70E47.83B45950 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable We have setup a SharePoint Server (WSS) 2007 and are using the alerting = functionality. After we changes stuff on WSS, an alert message is generated and sent to = an email account. This e-mail account is hosted on an Exchange 2003 server. When using Outlook 2007 to open the e-mail, we get: Cannot open this item. Wenn using OWA the e-mail can be opene fine. Does somehow have an explanation for th...

is there anyway to access funcion written in c by vc++
hi Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Arbind >Is this is possible to access ,a function written in C by VC++. Yes. I suspect you need to know about using extern "C" to tell the compiler that your function is 'C' rather than C++. For example: extern "C" int MyFn( int p1 ); You often use it like this: extern "C" { #include "Your_C_Header.g" } Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq >#include "Your_C_Header.g" or even #include "Your_C_Header.h" who put that g key in the wa...

Transformation of data into columns

Accessing MIcrosoft Outlook
Yesterday, when I tried to access Outlook in my home pC, I received the following message: Cannot open MIcrosoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file C:|Users \jillandgordon\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst is not a personal folders file. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this? Masny thanks, Gordon in TX Try this first http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287497/ "Gordon McDougall" <braidwoodboy@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d0e17ac8-0215-431c-971f-bd862b58a245@y17g2000yqd....

I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why?
I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps saying "incorrect function" khaganman <khaganman@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I do not have access to the D: drive from Publisher, why? It keeps > saying "incorrect function" Is the D: drive your CD drive? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Accessing my information offline
I have updated my Outlook to 2002 on my notebook computer and when it is connected on the Lan at my office(new ethernet connection) I can see my calendar, addressbook, e- mails etc. However, when I disconnect and bring my notebook home, and try to access calendar, etc, it says I must sychronize while I am still connected to the Lan. My previous version of outlook didn't have this problem. I synched it on the Lan and it worked. This one won't. Any ideas???? How do you have your folders marked for Offline use under tools->Send/Receive settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlo...

Chart printing issue in Excel 2007

Is there a way to sort a column without invoking a macro?
I am trying to get a feel for some probabilistic properties. For example, I am trying to look at the statistics of the intervals between randomly occurring pulses. I have no problem getting a column of uniformly distributed pulse times, but they are unsorted, Every time I recalculate with cmd-=, I get a new unsorted set of pulse times because of the use of the RAND function. Is there a way of taking this unsorted column and pasting it into another colun that would be sorted without invoking a macro? To simplify and be more specific consider the following. 1. In A1:A100 I have a set...

Trying to open the current db in Access 2010 through Access Basic
I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a long time. Through Access Basic coding, I use to be able to open the current database and then open a table and walk through each record. Now I can't even open the database. Does anybody have an example of how to do the following: 1) Open Workspace 2) Open Current Database (assume name is unknown during run time 3) Open specific table 4) Step through each record and access the fields George C. Derkacs <George C. Derkacs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I haven't programmed in Access Basic in quite a lon...

Install 2003 after 2007?
I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other than Outlook I didn't like it. I wanted to reinstall 2003 Excel & Word. Per instructions here I uninstalled 2007 except Outlook and upon attempting to reinstall 2003 I get the error message, "Business Contact Manager requires Outlook 2003, please install Outlook 2003 before running setup". Help please. Thanks in advance... Bob Answered in the other group post "Bob Newman" <bobnewman@cox.net> wrote in message news:jH5Xl.21061$IP7.4196@newsfe23.iad... >I had Office 2003 and upgraded to 2007, other tha...

Re: Outlook 2007
I sent this 3/4 days ago but can not see it in the group. In addition after this each time I go into news groups the name of the group turns red in color?? Can not figure what this change in color means. > Each time I start Outlook jumps a message: "A data file did not close > properly > last time it was used. It will be checked.... bla, bla, bla..." > Vista ultimate, Dell computer. Could one do something?? Regards Ted > > A minute later comes up an other message that the file was checked. > Red means a subject you're following has been resp...

MS Access 2007, Forms
When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to find it in Office Online or on the web. Does anyone know where I can get it? Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually nice to see that these were updated. To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would...

Tables in 2007
What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does the table have a name? I did read in help that you can post a 2007 table to sharpoint services. What does that mean? -- Thanks. Confused Hi, Go to the excel help and type Tables then open the one that says Demo: Organize your data by using an Excel table, and then in How to do it, click on Overview of Excel Tables if this helps please click yes, thanks "Confused" wrote: > What are the advantages to converting a list to a table in 2007? Why does > the table have a name? > > I did read...

unique with 2 columns

Column and Line Chart
I am making a Custon Chart using the First -Column and Line Chart. When I setup the chart it makes the last column a point instead of a column. When I go in to change the type of Chart it makes the bar much bigger than the others. I know you can go into Format and decrease/increase width- but I can't believe there is a not a way to tell excel to make this a column on setup so they are all uniformly spaced. How does Excel decide whether it is a point on a line or a bar? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi Nikki - Excel simply splits the number of series between the lines and columns. If you wa...

Required OS for Exchange 2007
I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64. When I try to run Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a machine type other than the current machine". Any idea? On Fri, 2 Mar 2007 22:52:43 -0800, "Xeon" <Xeon@donotemailme.com> wrote: >I have installed Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise 32 bit x64. When I try to run >Exchange 2007, I receive "the image file setup.exe is valid but is for a >machine type other than the current machine". Any idea? > So you arent using the 64 bit version of Windows? No...

Outlook 2007 missing emails until restart
I have a user running Vista Business Basic along with Office 2007 Professional that is having a problem with emails not showing up in the inbox. The user has a PDA that does get the email and if you search of the email on the computer, you find it and can open it without issue. However, the email still may not show up in the inbox until a restart of Outlook. Currently the user has caching enabled and other then the missing emails, runs stable. However, if we turn off the caching we experience an application crash with the following: Event Name: APPCRASH Applicatio...

Does table size make a difference in how well Access protects data
I am having a problem that has been going on for several weeks now. I am slowly trying to figure it out. the problem is that Access 2003 keeps deleting records after they are entered. Quick view of database: running Access 2k3 back end and frontends, 12 machines access the DB at any one time, mixture of Win2k Pro and Win XP pro all patches and service packs installed for all OS's as well as Access 2k3. Running Client/server set up controlled by Small Business Server 2k3. database resides on a machine running XP Pro. when new orders are entered into the system, the DB will tell the d...