How do I find the location of the font control in Win XP

Hi All,

I'd like to change my fonts every now and then but don't know where to
find them. Could someone please tell me where they are an how to use them?

Thanks,
Don
0
Don
11/15/2009 7:24:08 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Don,
    This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database
application.
    You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Windows
Fonts.
    Try...
         microsoft.public.word.printingfonts
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"Don Nickell" <donnickell2@roadrunner.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I'd like to change my fonts every now and then but don't know where to
> find them. Could someone please tell me where they are an how to use them?
>
> Thanks,
> Don

0
Al
11/15/2009 10:46:01 PM
Al Campagna wrote:
> Don,
>     This newsgroup deals with Microsoft Access, a relational database
> application.
>     You'll have better luck posting this on a newsgroup related to Windows
> Fonts.
>     Try...
>          microsoft.public.word.printingfonts

Thank you Al,
I'll go over there and see if I can find the information.
Don
0
Don

how do I record times from track meets and find averages
I need toot been able keep track of athletes time and find averages. I have not been able to figure it out. go over to debra's site: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html some files have been provided for download. check what fits you requirement -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

XP sp3: change user not allowed
Hello first of all, I have to say that all worked fine since this morning. I haven't changed anything, maybe it depends on one of the latest automatic update. Before today, when I clicked on change user (start > disconnect > change user) and chose another user, xp would let me in the other account. Now the account is loaded for a second and then I am sent to the initial screen again (the one where all account are shown): it's like XP won't allow more than one user desktop to be open at a time. Another thing that I noticed is that there is no more indication of ...

Find File Fast
I am not sure how to search for this and therefore haven't had any luc finding a solution. I upgraded one of my users to Office 2000 from 97, previously in exce 97 she would go to open and search for a document by typing the firs few characters of the file name, the search would bring her to th general area she needed to be in and from there she would select he file. In Excel 2000 this no longer works as a search function when she type a letter -- nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Jil -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If she's looking for ev...

static control font
Hi all, I am creating and inserting static controls on my dialog. And i am setting their font with the function below. BOOL CMyDlg::CreateFont() { LOGFONT logFont; CFont font; memset(&logFont, 0, sizeof(logFont)); logFont.lfHeight = 14; logFont.lfWeight = FW_REGULAR; logFont.lfPitchAndFamily = VARIABLE_PITCH | FF_SWISS; lstrcpy(logFont.lfFaceName, "Arial"); if (!font.CreateFontIndirect(&logFont)) AfxMessageBox("Could not create font..."); return TRUE; } What i am asking is what is the default face name for s...

error in microsoft outlook XP
My outlook have a error in read my file .pst, this error are 0x800406000. Please, help me Jander Penco. ...

eConnect -- where to find additional documentation and samples?
Hello, I'm working on my first eConnect implementation, and I'm finding the included documentation and samples a bit short of what I'd hope to see. My needs are fairly light (or at least I think so), but I've been having difficulty "digging deeper". Can anyone suggest a good resource (or groups of resources) that I can tap for support during this project? In other words, if this was your first eConnect project, where would you go for additional support outside of what was included in the eConnect SDK? The main goal of my implementation project is to post ...

Problem in Microsoft Outlook XP
When I click to reply or create or forward email, computer ask me this message "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be virus and you should choose No. I tried to scan virus with Mcafee Professional V8.0 but there is no virus detected. Anyone've got this problem before? How do I get rid of this warning? I believe this message is actually coming from Mcafee eventhough it doesn't look like it. For instance, with Mcafee installed I get that every time I try to syncrhonize with ...

Run-time error after screen lock in XP
In several Excel files I noticed the following error. VBA code works fine until screen is locked by screensaver or pressing Ctrl-Alt-Del and choosing Lock Computer. After unlocking VBA code that worked fine before, now brings the run-time error like run-time error 380. We have OfficeXp SP3 installed. Any solution? ...

help with Chkdsk XP hanging
Hi, I have a problem with chkdsk on XP sp3. I have never run chkdsk on it before, and decided to do a defrag/chkdsk on it as regular maintenance. The system has been running fine and has ATT McCafee antivirus/spy running on it and is suposedly clean. I selected chkdsk from disk/tool properties tab and it said to restart. After restarting, the bios screen shows and the XP splash screen shows with the progress bar, then it goes blank and appears to hang. The drive light is on as if something is running. I have run chkdsk on my netbook with XP and it shows a blue progress scre...

Worksheet protection XP vs. earlier version
Is there a compatibility problem with selective worksheet protection created in XP, if the user has to read the worksheet in an earlier Excel version? By "selective," I mean that allowed limited edits, such as formating cells or hiding a row. Yes, but only in so much as any protection options you apply in XP will be negated when opening the file in earlier versions of Excel, as you will be limited to whatever the protection options were in those earlier versions, and the protection applied will revert to standard protection. This is no different to any feature in a file from a...

XP Upgrade

Default file location
Where do I change the setting so that when I go to File - Open, this open a specific folder. I know how to change the dafault Save location, but this doesn't seem to be the same for the default File - Open location. Using either Excel 2000 or 2002 Thanks. The "at startup, open all files in" doesnt seem to work. >-----Original Message----- >In Excel, click Tools, Options, General tab and down near >the bottom of the screen is the Default File location. > > >>-----Original Message----- >>Where do I change the setting so that when I go to File ...

font problem in Chinese/Japanese Windows
Hi, We are a commercial software firm, and have been using MFC platform for years. Since last year, we have been bothered by the application package dialog box got stray/oversize/chopped text display in Chinese and Japanese Windows (mainly XP). Our application runs fine on WinXP/Vista in English Windows systems. Is there any quick way to fix this problem (such as using font substitution ?) Thanks Ted You could try to use a different font better suited to those characters using this technique: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms903933.aspx Tom "Ted" <NOSPAM...

MS Office-Font Corruption Message??!!!
All of the sudden, the entire MS Office suite is yielding a "The font [name] is corrupt and should be removed." It goes through my entire library of fonts (1200+) and gives a message for each font, alphabetically. Anyone experience this? I've tried trashing the office font cache file - no luck. Mac OS X - 10.4.8 Using Linotype Font Explorer X for font management iMac 24" intel core duo HELP!!!! See if any of the suggestions mentioned on this page are helpful: <http://word.mvps.org/Mac/CorruptFontErrors.html> On 20/3/07 6:06, in article 1174367217.587258.12483...

Moving Office 2007 settings from an XP machine to a Windows 7 ma
Recently built a new machine, and want to move settings (including customizations and outlook rules, mailboxes and accounts) to the new machine. As noted in the title, the old machine is an XP Pro box, the new machine is running Windows 7. I’d rather not move macros and add-ins all at once (something is causing a problem and I’d like to install one at a time), but the Outlook set up and little tweaks (e.g., customization changes, style sets) will be a PITA to redo manually. I found a dizzying array of answers via Google, but none seemed to apply. Wasn’t there a built-in too...

Win XP Backup
win xp pro sp3 I have been in the habit of backing up my most important data to an external hard disk folder by folder. Only about 10gb and takes about 5 minutes. I have just looked at the built in backup program with xp pro and have never seen any reference to it in this group and wondered how many people use it. I am curious how well it works and have a couple of questions about it which are not quite clear. One of the options is to backup all information. Incidentally this shows it will take one hour thirty minutes. Under what conditions could one restore from this type...

Hidden Font?
Hi, in my most recent publication I had tried a new font 'Myriad Pro' then removed it and chose another. When I check my publication over for Commercial Printing this Font is shown as not being able to Embed amongst my other embedded fonts. I've looked through the 24 pages but cannot see where this font is still being used. Any idea's on a way to track it's where abouts in my publication would be appreciated. Thanks. Phil Maznyk Good morning folks, would anyone of you have an idea on this. I'd like to create the PDF later today if possible. Thanks gang. "P...

Finding the folder?
I used to use windowns 98se and was able to find the folder which contained the things for the outbox, sent items and such. I used to just delete those and it would erase all the stuff in the folders. I'm using windows xp and can't seem to figure out how to do it. Anyone know what folder they are in? Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ You can also locate the file by using Rightclick the root folder (probably Ou...

Outlook 98 and Windows XP
OK, I have been all around the Microsoft supports pages, many, many chat areas, and about a half dozen other sites that I thought could help, but I still have not found an answer to my confusing questions. Everytime Outlook 98 is started on my system, which runs Windows XP, in three minutes (to the second) I get an error that reads "outlook.exe has encountered a problem and must close...blah blah blah" I can move this error window out of the way and continue to use Outlook except it slows everything down including the other programs running on my system. As soon as I ei...

How find appointments that *start* 12a.m.?
I'm using Outlook 2003. Is there any way to find all appointments that *begin* at 12 a.m.? Hint, it is *not* this: FIND (button) > Options (pull down) > Advanced > (Appointments and Meetings) > Advanced (tab) > Field (pull down) > Date/time fields > start (...which only give options like yesterday, today, last week, etc. ... but not a specific *time* like 12 a.m.) The reason I need to see these is, I may have some holdover things from several upgrades and and old Palm that may have been "no time" in the Palm, but somehow got tagged as 12 a.m. at so...

ActiveX Controls #3
Hi, can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. Underdog wrote: > Hi, > can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? Look for the CIRCLE tutorial in MSDN. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Hi, Thanx for ur reply..but i tried that sample but its not working properly.....i.e when i tried changing the back color of the circle using the steps given in the sample it didnt work i.e the color is not changing .....Is there any other link for ActievX samples??? thanx in advance "Scott McPhillips...

ASP.Net 2005 Editable Drop down server control
Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop down control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. Thanks in advance Check out the code at this link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/EditableDropdown.aspx - Dave "JPrasad." <JPrasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50FF9826-BB9B-4E99-9D73-745274229164@microsoft.com... > Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop > down > control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. > > Thanks in a...

how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file
how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file since the file is very big!! joe wrote: > how to find nodes at xml file without complete load the xml file > since the file is very big!! You can read through the XML document with an Xml(Text)Reader, that is forward only pull parsing where your code only pulls in the current node. The documentation is here <http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemXmlXmlTextReaderClassTopic.asp> for .NET 1.x and here <http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.xml.xmlreader(...

Finding cell text corresponding to the MAXimum figure in a spreadsheet?
Please can anyone help me with this... :) I've made a spreadsheet with the following attributes: Cells A1 to A100 contain a figure from 1-100 (a 'desirability' rating), sorted so that the highest figures are at the top of the spreadsheet and descend to the lowest figure in cell A100. Cells B1 to B100 contain the title of a CD album. Cells C1 to C100 contain the price of a CD album. I would like to make a formula that searches for the row that produces the highest result given from multiplying the figure in column A with the corresponding figure in column C and returns the co...

Any issues with installing VS2008Pro on Win 7x64?
I have been using Google to search for this, but have found a few issues only with the beta version of Windows 7; however, no mention is made if it is x32 or x64. I will be installing VS2008Pro on a PC with Win 7 x64. Does any one know if there are any gotchas I should be on the look out for? Thanks! Saga "Saga" <antiSpam@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OFiMtt3oKHA.5776@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I have been using Google to search for this, but have found a few issues > only with the beta version of Windows 7; however, no mention is made > if it is...