how do i display the sort arrows in column headers in access 2007

I can't seem to find where I can turn on the sort arrows in table column
headers. Any advice?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Where  are the column headers?
In a table, query, form - data sheet - other?
Some where else?

"KenBob2" <KenBob2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't seem to find where I can turn on the sort arrows in table column
> headers. Any advice?

0
Jeanette
2/7/2010 10:41:08 PM
I think it's:
- office  button (that upper left button)
- access options
- current database
- use windows themed controls on a form

Interesting I never checked that box, I'll have to investigate what that
does.

HTH,
Mark

"KenBob2" <KenBob2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can't seem to find where I can turn on the sort arrows in table column
> headers. Any advice?

0
Mark

CRM 3.0 and office 2007
Hi, when I install CRM lapto client I get error message " Indexing service is not running and setup can not connect to the microsoft CRM server. This might indicate that the server is down" Well, both the service and the server is running. Any idea where the prblem is? Thank you, Hi, you must start the indexing service on the local machine you are installing the client on. Goto to Services in control panel/administrative tools and startup the service. You will see it in the list. BR "Lino767" wrote: > Hi, > > when I install CRM lapto client I get er...

negative values causing column title problem
How do I get the Column titles x axis lables at he bottom of the chart field when have negative values It s friday and this is killing me. Select the axis Choose Format>Selected axis On the Patterns tab, for Tick Mark Labels, select Low TFrisch wrote: > How do I get the Column titles x axis lables at he bottom > of the chart field when have negative values > > It s friday and this is killing me. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html hey thanks - boy was thaqt annoying >-----Original Message----- >Select th...

Outlook 2007 #53
Need help! Just installed office Professional Plus 2007 and unable to open Outlook, get error mess: Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscrpt.dll to self register. The Operation Failed. Dose anyone have a solution to this problem? -- ml ...

3d line charts cause Excel 2007 to crash
This is more of a bug report than a question (I've not been able to find a standard place to report bugs in Office 2007, the Connect site is for developer products such as Visual Studio etc). 3d line charts which work perfectly well on a pc with Excel 2003 cause Excel 2007 to hang when opened on my Vista pc with Excel 2007. I hope this is something which can be fixed when Service Pack 1 is released for Office 2007, as it is a very useful chart feature which we (and our clients) use a lot in one area of our work, and it may prevent our clients from migrating from Office 2003 to Of...

cannot access from outside the domain
How can I access the crm website from a computer that is not joined to the domain? When I enter the url to access the crm website (http://mscrm.domain.local) I get a logon box, I enter the credentials and then IE closes. I have checked for event logs but no luck. Can anyone shed some light. thanks Bret whenever IE closes upon logging in to MSCRM, it is caused by a pop-up blocker, whether in the form of the Google/Yahoo toolbar or the browsers own pop-up blocker.. To verify this, after providing the credentials, press and Hold CTRL key. This would allow the window to load proper...

Outlook-2007 IMAP Hangs
Hi, I am wondering if anyone has managed to come up with a solution to Outlook 2007's behaviour with IMAP. I am running it on a laptop, which I put to sleep a few times a day. It seems that when you either start the application or just awake your laptop after a longer time when Outlook has not been checking an IMAP account, it takes it anywhere from 2 to 10 minutes to actually download the IMAP email. This is usually much worse when there are a lot of spam messages (by a lot I mean ~10, not really *that* much) to filter out into the Junk folder. You can either wait for the above...

Outlook 2007 Freezes Entire Computer
Up until yesterday, everything was working fine. I have Kaspersky IS installed on Windows XP. I already disabled the Kaspersky add-in and every time I open Outlook, it freezes the entire computer. I cannot click on anything, even Task Manager to close out the program. I have to manually shut down the computer. I'm not sure what is going on but I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance, Tina Tina D wrote on Sun, 11 April 2010 18:26 > Up until yesterday, everything was working fine. I have Kaspersky IS > installed on Windows XP. I already disabled the Kaspersk...

Add a goal line to a column chart
I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines. Any suggestions? The goal has to be represented as a line and not as a column. Thanks for your help! http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Brandy" <Brandy @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EF99E151-13A4-461D-B9CA-DECE4E467904@microsoft.com... >I have several column charts which I need to add different goal lines. Any > sugg...

Access to public folders from exchange system manager
Hi When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public folders, we get the following message, error c1030af4, http error 502. Clients can access the folders from within outlook 2000, but we have no access via OWA. Does anyone have any ideas Hey, Check the public folder settings in the IIS. It can be a security error. Razza "designled" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C6DBE83-692D-4242-9923-C48410460DCE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When using Exchange system manager to access and manage our public folders, we get the follo...

Excel 2007 Scatter Plot Freak Out!
I am a fairly experience Excel XP and 2003 user and I have a few questions: Why is it when I work with scatter plots in Excel 2007 my dual Xeon CPU computer with 4 GB RAM slows to a crawl? Is this a feature? It's never done that with Excel XP, Excel 2003, or any other application. How does one add chart and axis labels to a scatter plot? Not that I need them, all my end users prefer scatter plots with no axis labels. That way the charts can be interpreted any way they please. Yet another feature? Given a scatter plot with a singe series of 4 data points, how does one add a 2nd...

Where is the graphics selection pointer in excel 2007?
I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the left end of the drawing toolbar then click and drag over multiple graphics to select them all. Then I could group them etc. What do i do now? It's to be found in - Insert tab - Illustrations - Shapes - select a shape and insert into w/s and immediately the new drawing tools format tab opens up -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Bruce" wrote: > I used to be able to click on the graphics selection tool in office 97 on the ...

Unhiding Protected Rows and Columns? is it possible?
I have a workbook with a number of worksheets that all interlink. I have protected a number of cells in one of the sheets. the problem arrises in that the unprotected cells cannot be hidden or indeed unhidden when the sheet is protected. Is there a way I can protect cells whilst still keeping the formatting ability to widen / hide rows etc. thanks -- guilf ------------------------------------------------------------------------ guilf's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25608 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39...

Gridlines on Column Chart
Hello- I am trying to create a stacked column chart with gridlines that only appear for every 2 columns. How can I do this in Excel 2007? All I can find is how to insert a major gridline between every column. Thanks, Sean Hi, Format the X axis, on the Axis Options section set 'Interval between tickmarks' to 2. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "SeanF74" <SeanF74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1BE2939-AB52-4FB1-8A0F-ACA9EFDB4CAD@microsoft.com... > Hello- > > I am trying to create a stacked ...

Comments Display
Hello all, I have a worksheet with several columns all of which fit into the immediate window without having to scroll left or right. In the far right column I inserted a comment but when I scroll over the comment it appears out of view, I have to scroll right to read it. Is there anyway to force a comment to appear in a certain area on the screen, or just within view of the immediate window so I don't have to scroll to read it? Thanks in advance. -S Hi, Comments always display to the right of the cell they are in. So you will need to add the comment to a cell further to the ...

form accessibility in mde
If the program is in .mde format, is there any way to get the names of the controls in a form? I'm using a 3rd party scripting language and I'm wondering if it's possible to modify the form data through COM..Or is it possible to create vba macros altough the program is in mde? > The access program connects to a sql server and I've got no rights there. > So> the only way to get information is to use the form "human" way. When the > data> is loaded to the form, I might get it from the controls through COM.Yes, but if that access can connect to sql server,...

Control for displaying Data
Hi, I want to create an active control that will be having a dialog. On this dialog I want to show a table consisting of set of records. The data to this table will be coming from the web and will be refreshing again and again. Could you suggest, which control should I use to have the things done. I did not find Datagrid control suitable at this place. What are the other options available. FYI: Iam using VC++ 6.0 THANKS IN ADVANCE, Vijay You can use a list control (listview). But the popular one with a lot of features is: http://www.codeproject.com/miscctrl/gridctrl.asp --------------...

OWA
I have full permissions to other users' mailboxes, and can access them in Outlook, but when I try in OWA I receive the error "You are not authorized to view this page." The way I try to access the another user's mailbox is by appending /[email alias]/inbox. (I've also tried multiple combinations of substituting email alias with user logon name and keeping/dropping "inbox.") This worked at one time, but I haven't tried it in a while. So either some updates I have applied to my server (sbs 2003 premium - running Exhange 2003) or some other configuration ch...

useing arrows to move
new to excel and just imported some address's in and was able to move with arrow and now it will not work........ moves whole screen rather than to the next cell. what has changed, I want to be able to move useing arrows........... Carman, Try your Scroll lock key. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "carman" <carman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A214C5B-9513-4AE3-81B1-1DC26280812A@microsoft.com... > new to excel and just imported some address's in and was able to move w...

Variable Column Lookup
I have three columns to the left column K each has a header with the year number. 2008, 2009 and 2010. Underneath each of the three columns I have numerical data. On the same header row I have a drop down list in K1. So when I pick 2009, I want the calculations in K2, K3 downward to use the corresponding data in column that has the matching year. 2008 2009 2010 2009 (drop down) 2 3 6 3*10 If I choose the drop down of 2008 then the formula should be 2*10 If I choose the drop down of 2010 then the formula should be 6*10 The actual formula is much more complic...

Occasional blank messages in Outlook 2007
I have Norton Internet Security on my laptop with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. Only on that laptop do I find that every third or every other newer email message suddenly comes up blank when I start outlook. What may be causing this and how can it be fixed? Thanks! -- Craig Salt Lake City A lot of modern Antivirus products will scan your e-mail for you as it's received (and sometimes sent too). On the surface of it this seems like a good idea but in practice it often causes problems with Outlook such as blank messages, missing attachments, stalls and hangs and other ...

Stacked Column Charting
Has anyone tried the following? From the data set below, I would like to have the data to the right of the Hrs. avail data be a stacked bar for each day. Along with this the Hrs. avail data would be a bar next to the remaing row of data. I tried placing the Hrs. avail on its own axis but that did not seem to work. In short I want to show the number of hours availabe in a day and actual hours used by the verious other data. Regards, Hal Day Hrs. avail EM's PM's Cal's Projects Other Idle 1 14 4 2.5 2 4 0 1.5 2 14 5 1 1 3 0 4 3 14 0 2 2 6 0 4 4 7 2 0 0 3 0 2 5 14 2 0 0 10 0...

Use of the SUBST command to reduce breakage of Access links
[Apologies for an apparent cross posting -- I accidentally posted this to .forms instead of .queries and I'm now posting correctly] One of the great failings of the past 20 years of Microsoft's dominance has been the failure to implement good file system redirection. XP today is almost as dependent on absolute paths as it DOS 2.1. [1] In the world of Access this manifests as broken links to external data sources. I use links very extensively in my data management work, a typical project may contains dozens of query files with links to dozens of data tables distributed over one or mor...

Access 2000 File Format in Access 2003
Dear all, If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? Thx. Vensia On Wed, 9 May 2007 14:20:23 +0700, "Vensia" <vensia2000_nospam@yahoo.com> wrote: >Dear all, > >If I'm using Access 2003 to create Access 2000 format, is there any new >feature in Access 2003 which I can't apply in Access 2000 file ? >Thx. there are many; however, are you deploying to users with Access 2000, or with Access 2003? The default format for your database is (normally) 200...

Is it possible to add background sound to an email in Outlook 2007?
Is it possible to add background sound to an email in Outlook 2007? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201005/1 Outlook can't play active content so while you could embed it (using an HTML editor), it won't play. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-S...

2007 Table Linked Charts
I have a dataset with monthly data over several years. I want to chart only the current calendar year's monthly data, and have the chart update automatically as each of the newest month's data is added. One solution is to hide the prior years' monthly data rows in the table which removes them from the chart. This limits other charts that might be linked to the same table where they chart the whole or an earlier date range of the dataset. Linking tables doesn't work since the mirroring tables don't auto update as a new month is entered. Has anyone developed a better sol...