how do I change the table from which a form obtains data

I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several
times and change the table that each copy gets data from.
EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it
currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now gets
data from table 2.
That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me!
thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Jo,
    If all the tables have exactly the same fields, you just need to change
the Form's RecordSource.
    Copy the form to another name, and change the RecordSource table, or
more usually, a query against the new table.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several
> times and change the table that each copy gets data from.
> EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it
> currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now
> gets
> data from table 2.
> That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me!
> thanks

0
Al

Excel 97
Hi ExcelForum, First time aboard! Something that I have seen in the past, but just cannot figure out ho to do. Problem is what I recall involved the plus and minus sign being off to the left of the worksheet. I have a spreadsheet with months in merged cells above the days of th month below i.e. C2 is a merged cell "January" and cells C3 to AG3 ar individual cells with the days of the month 1,2,3, etc. This goe along the width of the worksheet for 6 months or so. February begins a AH2 and the days are AH3 to BJ3. What I am trying to do is compact all of January by clicking on a mi...

Can't deselect data in a Pivot Table...
Hi all, Does anyone know why it is that I am unable to deselect data in a drop down list in my Pivot Table? The boxes have ticks in but when I click them to hide them, nothing happens. Many Thanks Andy ...

I wanta infopath form to submit data to an excel databse file

Grouping Tables
How do I group two tables together so that I can save them as one picture to print it as borderless?: Select all, group, right-click, save as picture. If you are having problems trying to right-click tables (tables are touchy sometimes), save as from file, files of type, scroll down to a graphics format. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "~Crystal~" <Crystal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C16D51AA-8E27-421A-B804-65861A572940@microsoft.com... > How do I group two tables together s...

Changing/Amending Default Calendar views in Service Calendar
Hi does anybody know if you can amend or change the default view within the service calendar, currently they are set to Month Week or Day. What i would like is to change it so that we can view a working week 5 days, with a click of a button rather than choosing the five day period with the from and to buttons. Really hope you can help!! ...

After main frame size is changed...
I split the main window into two windows.After following RainMan's way,it work well. If the size of left window equal to minimum,user don't drag to left continuously. Now I find a new bug.When I resize the main frame to less than the left window minimum,the left window will be invisible.I don't want to let user reduce the size of main window if less than left window minimum. Thanks. Regards, Miken >"Miken" wrote: >> Now I want to set the minimum size on the left window,and don't drag to left >> continuously if the left window's size equal to mi...

Changing Descriptions in Payables
Is it possible to change any descriptions that you enter into GP for Payables transactions after the transaction is posted? Is the only way to change involve voiding the A/P and re-entering it? Thank you. The recommended way is to void the A/P and reenter it. If you haven't posted the transcation in the GL yet. You can add a distribution reference to the GL account transaction. The other option is running a SQL script to change the transaction... BUT (Big and bold lettering) this is not recommended, becuase of auditing purposes. On a pregrammer level it is an easy fix. But come au...

Data Validation Formatting
In a cell where I have both a comment and a data validation, the data validation list defaults to a very small font. I removed the comments and still the list appears very small. In general, is there a way to format the font/appearance of the data validation list as it appears in the dropdown? Thanks Hi no chance to change the format but see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger for a workaround -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Andy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:13b3101c44425$66a8be30$a001280a@phx.gbl... >...

Change Default send address
Hi, I am having user@test.com configure in my outlook at the same time, i am receiving message to group@test.com. How do i configure my default sent address to group@test.com instead of user@test.com. This is to ensure that any mail exhanges are shared with the users in the group address. Thanks in advance Regards, MWGP To configure your default email account go to Tools/Email accounts/change and then set default. Neil "MWGP" <gpwong@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ecJPvF4nGHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am having user@test.com configure i...

How to backup exchange data folder ?
I want to keep a good backup of my exchange 2003. I am looking for some instructions that stops the services, copy exchange public and private folder and other required data files and restart the services. Can I create something like that in a batch file and get the back every now and then ? I would really appreciate if someone please send me some instructions. A good backup? The best thing to do is backup the system state, etc, plus the actual Exchange information stores via an online Exchange 'aware' backup (either Windows Backup on the actual Exchange server itself or so...

Aligning Decimal Points with non-numeric data
I am creating a table and would like to align my data by the decimal point. I understand that the accounting format will do this, however my data sometimes includes symbols. For example 1.23 7.94 8.45** (3.12) 5.88 The accounting format seems to deal well with the (3.12), but I can't get the decimal places to align for the 8.45**. Any advice??? Also the accounting format won't allow me to indent. Thanks in advance! This format code (Format->Cells->Number tab->Custom) seems to work fo me. 0.00_*_*_);(0.00)_*_*;0.00_*_*_);@_) Make sure the alignment is set to right ...

Will restoring CRM 3.0 databases to remove bad data cause offline client issues?
We recently did an import into our CRM 3.0 install, and would like to restore our CRM Db's to remove that data. If we have Outlook clients that are currently online, but have gone offline and back online agains since the bad data was imported, what will the effect on them be? Will the data that is removed from restoring the databases still be on the laptops? Or will the next time they go offline will it be removed? Thanks! John Fink ...

query with inline dummy table
Is there a way in Access to create a query that contains the table records within the query itself? I want to avoid creating a dummy table and just use values within the query definition. I was thinking about using syntax similar to the insert into statement I would use to populate the dummy table, but I'm not sure if I have a syntax problem or I'm trying to solve an impossible problem. The query I'm thinking of might look something like this: select * from values("test"); -or- select * from ( ("1/1/07","2/1/07","3/1/07","4/1/07&qu...

edit number in cell without it changing to text
I recently upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2000. In a worksheet I was previously able to hit F2 to edit a number, hit the + or - to add or subtract from the original number. The revised total would show when I hit enter. Now the number changes to text and shows as 1+1 instead of 2. There needs to be an equal sign preceeding the 1+1. After hitting F2, hit the home key to put the curson on the left of the existing number value in the cell then enter "=1+" so you end up with "=1+1" (e.g.). - Will "rklremote" wrote: > I recently upgraded from Office 9...

Data on Internet
Is it possible and practical to operate a database where the data is held on the internet so that it can be accessed and modified by a select few? If so where should I start reading? Would I nead any additional software, we are using Access 2000 Colin ms-access is not a web system. It does not have web development features, and is complete the wrong product and technology to use for the web. You would no more use an auto-Cad program to write games for computers then you would use ms-access to try and create web based systems. They are simply different horses for different courses. On the o...

how to change default timeline for history
If we select Activities or Hostory for an Account, Opportunity, or Lead, we have to manually change the default view of the 'last 30 days' hwo do we change these? ...

Cell data overruns into adjacent cell(cells).
I have one entry that is drastically longer than the data that follows, and I want it to overrun into the adjacent cells. It used to, but now it won't. I've tried left justification, but it doesn't seem to help. Any ideas? Whether you want or don't want it to run over, you can probably accomplish this by right clicking the cell, column or row and select Format Cells and under Alighment see if Wrap Text is checked. Just a thought. ...

ATTN:Paul B
Hi Paul Thanks for your reply - it seems to be what I'm looking for. However I'm no expert with Excel. Could you please tell me how I go about getting the coding you sent into the VB editor as I've never had cause to use this before. Thanks for your help - it's much appreciated. Cheers Paul Bardsley J Right click on the sheet tab, view code, insert the code. Suggest you paste the code as Paul supplied it so you will see color turn red indicating a syntax error caused by splitting a line without using the break character which is space then underscore. ...

Show data if more than one record in group
I need for my report to list data only if there is more than one record in a group. Please help! Use a query or subquery to count records and then use as criteria to only pull records if there are more than one in a group. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "jcade4" wrote: > I need for my report to list data only if there is more than one record in a > group. Please help! Add a text box named as text on header section with Control Course: =Count([ID]) Chose Code under View menu and paste the following code Private Sub Detail_Print(Cancel As Integer, Pr...

forms and queries
I have a form that has 5 text boxes. 1) is the start date 2) is the ending date 3) is an expression:=Month([end_date]) 4) is an expression:=Year([end_date]) 5) is an expression: =[end_date_month] & "/" & "*" & "/" & [end_date_year] ok. so on my query under the date field in the criteria i want the value from the text box #5 on the form but i get and error message and can't figure it out. I will try to explain what i am doing and maybe there is an easier way to to this. Ok. On the form i would like to enter a start date and a ending date. I...

table agents
I have agents who find workers for us (small personnel company) I have a list of agents with their reg.numbers : tab.1 - Agents a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7 name reg.No jan feb march apr may M.L. 1 M.K. 2 L.O. 3 And in another sheet I have a list of workers, who were contracted by agents, with hours they worked in month. tab. 2 - Workers work hours in months a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 ...

change font color when composing in HTML
I want to change colors of font in message sent in HTML but it stays black. I know how to change it forever but I want to change color once in awhile. Is this possible in Windows mail or not? I used to be able to do it but it won't work now. Help!! Patti Is this for a forward or reply? Can you see the Format Bar? Was any stationery used? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Vista Mail" <VistaMail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95D7C4A7-BFB0-452D-81C5-61C937B14A1A@microsoft.com... >I want ...

Turn off data access warning
I have publisher files that are linked to a Microsoft Access Table. Everytime I open one of these publisher files I get a warning that asks if I want to open the publication and access the external data. Is there any way to turn off this warning? Not sure any of these articles will be helpful Description of Office features that are intended to enable collaboration and that are not intended to increase security http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822924/en-us Do you have Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us...

OWA Forms Base Authentication Help Needed!
Hi, System Setup. Server 2003 Running as AD Exchange 2003 One static IP from the internet and 3 internet domain names; each setup with host headers for both web and mail. Senario: Install SSL and configure it to how it's outlined on: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Securing-Exchange-Server-2003-Outlook-Web-Access-Chapter5.html Instead of turning SSL on my default web server becuase I use it host internal stuff I enable SSL on my mail.domain1.com sites @ port # 443. If I http://mail.domain1.com I get the "SSL page thing", if I https://mail.domain1.com I get the cert...

Count missing data
Hello, I would like to count missing data in a Column range due to the criteria in another column range. The problem I have is that the "Birth Date" column range has a "vlookup" formula in it, which sometimes formulates a Blank. I need to count these Blank cells when the Status = "A". Example: Birth Date Status 02/03/71 A A 12/02/58 A 09/15/67 A A 11/21/79 A Missing = 2 Thanks Ruan Try this: =SUMPRODUCT((A2:A100={" ",""})*(B2:B100="a")) -- HTH, RD...