How do I change the header or footer to print an Access table

I  teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their papers
by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access
Table.  I have not be able to find the area to make the changes.  Any help
would be appreciated.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Use a Report.

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

"Dennis A" <Dennis A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I  teach at a high school and need to have the students identify
their papers
> by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a
Access
> Table.  I have not be able to find the area to make the changes.
Any help
> would be appreciated.

0
Larry
1/25/2008 1:08:54 AM
This is not possible (at least up to A2003 - I don't know about A2007).  I
guess that the reason is that tables are not designed to be printed - that's
what reports are for.  Sure, you can do it in Excel, but Access is not
Excel.

Why not ask your students to write their name on the page before submitting
it to you?

Rob

"Dennis A" <Dennis A@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I  teach at a high school and need to have the students identify their
>papers
> by putting there names in the header of footer area when printing a Access
> Table.  I have not be able to find the area to make the changes.  Any help
> would be appreciated.

0
Rob

Changing the hotspot of a cursor
I am using a custom cursor, which is a target. How do I make sure the hotspot for the cursor is the center of the target, not the edge? Sam Normally, you would use a cursor editor to design the cursor and specify where the hotspot is. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits http://www.softcircuits.com Available for consulting: http://www.softcircuits.com/jwood/resume.htm "Sam Carleton" <scarleton-nospam@miltonstreet.com> wrote in message news:sb3Vc.23497$Nl1.5836@fe1.columbus.rr.com... > I am using a custom cursor, which is a target. How do I make sure > the hotspot for the ...

Setting a date in the Header
I have a report that I need to print every Friday, but the report is for the following week. So, I want it to say "For the week of: Monday, November 5, 2007." How do I calculate the date to be next Monday? IF you run the report on Friday (and never on any other day), -- Add a control to the report -- Set its source to = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d",3,Date()), "Long Date") If you run the report on any other day of the week this will fail. So you might want to use = "For the week of " & Format(DateAdd("d&...

learning access 01-31-08
Inform me a reliable interactive source to learn microsoft access On Thu, 31 Jan 2008 13:58:36 +0530, "Manas Ranjan Nayak" <manasrn@sancharnet.in> wrote: >Inform me a reliable interactive source to learn microsoft access Here's some places to look: Jeff Conrad's resources page: http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html The Access Web resources page: http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP): http://allenbrowne.com/casu-22.html MVP Allen Browne's tutorials: http://allenbrowne.co...

Change default currency of Opportunity when convert Campaign Respo
Whenever we convert the campaign response to Opportunity, the currency on the Opportunity is always base currency and it cannot be changed. Is there anyway to make this auto created opportunity has another currency?? The transaction currency in Opportunity is drived from the original campaign from which you created campaign response. If you want your Opportunity has other currency, you need to set it when you create your campaign from the very beginning. "dorekofu" wrote: > Whenever we convert the campaign response to Opportunity, the currency on the > Opportunity is a...

Change in restriction needs
I was not given correct information. The internal user wants to refuse mail from an external sender. Otherwise the senario is the same. We just need to block an external mail address for one particular internal user in SBS2000. pse help. You could do this globally using System Manager otherwise, create a mail-enabled contact for the external user, add it to the internal users Delivery Restrictions tab then hide the contact from the GAL. "Lane Hoskins" <lane@automatedhorizons.net> wrote in message news:#JspudoQEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I was not given correct i...

changing the icon in the topleft corner of an applcation
Hi, How do you change the MFC icon in the top left corner of an MFC applcation? I've edited the icon IDR_MAINFRAME, and this makes my icon appear on front of a file, but doesn't change the top left icon. Hamish Dean, PhD ShapeShifter Technology Ltd www.shapeshifter.net.nz + 64 3 377 3140 hamish@shapeshifter.net.nz You have to change both sizes, 32x32 as well as 16x16. Size of the icon appears as a choice in resource editor. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Hamish Dean" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message news:pm0Ra.80775$JA5.1637431@news.xtra.c...

Report will not print
RMS2.0 SP2 When I print any report, 90% of the time, it will only print the report header and NO other information. When I print to a PDF file it will ALWAYS print the entire report properly. I spoke to MS tech support and they said to change the store logo to the BMP which I did, still no good. Any suggestions? I am using a USB Canon printer, the reports have been printing correctly in the past. I already uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers. I am completely lost. Haik, Can you print any other reports? Maybe something is wrong with the report formatting, so the field does...

HOW TO SORT A PIVOT TABLE
How to automatically make that the pivot tables sorts data by itself. Every time a change one value it mixes up my figures.... Right click in the field to be sorted to get a menu Click Field Click Advanced Choose the sort option. Regards BrianB ============================================= "Alex" <alexdfsvsdffgdfgsdg@skynet.be> wrote in message news:<e6Ur9J3hDHA.1692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>... > How to automatically make that the pivot tables sorts data by itself. Every > time a change one value it mixes up my figures.... THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH "Br...

change the formula by changing contents of cell
I have a table that ranks a list of players by their statistics, for example, when I change cell B2 to "walks", my formula (large) lists the player with the most walks in cell B4, 2nd most in B5, 3rd in B6... that works well because more walks are good. But, when I change cell B2 to "strikeouts" I want it to list the player with the fewest number of strikeouts in B4, next fewest in B5 and so on. Is there a way to change the "large" function to the "small" function within the formula? I have set up a helper cell (C2) that changes fro...

storing multiple list selections in access
i have 2 tables, table a and table b. is it possibile for a control bound to table a (a list box, with multiple selections eneabled) to be able to select multiple records from table b, and store them? i.e. table A record 1 has table B records 1,2,3,4,8,12, and so on selected while Table A record 2 only has table B records 3, 8 and 15 selected, and so on.. is there some way to store those selections within table A? for those curious, i'm making a character sheet for an RPG.. table A is the actual sheet, while B is the list of spells.. i'm looking for a way to store which spells each ...

Preventing Column Cell Values from Printing
I have a summary worksheet with several columns of information. There is one particular column (E25:F39) where I don't always want to print the values. Is there some simple way to toggle this column's values on and off just before hitting the print command? I was thinking of using an adjacent tick box outside the print area, which when ticked would print the column values, and vice-versa. I'm looking for a formula that would examine the tick box, and if the tick (letter 'a' in Marlett font) is not present (i.e. cell value = ""), then the values in column (E25:...

Password on access
Hi!! I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of the data. I have tried to make users and administrators but it seems to work in only one computer... Does someone know how to do this? Thank u very much!!! On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 07:34:02 -0700, Yael <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi!! >I'm working on a database that has a few tables that everyone can access. I >want to give permision to other people to see them but not to change any of >the data. &...

How Do I Change Where Outlook Store It's Information?
Greetings, I have several profiles in my Outlook 2000. For some reason two of them are using the same .pst file. Is there somewhere in Outlook that I can change the default .pst file name where that profile stores information? Any help would be most appreciated. TIA -Minitman Change the pst-file name or location to anything or anywhere you want. When you start Outlook it will prompt you for the file. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Create your own fully custom...

How do I change the value in cell based on a future date
I would like certain cells to be cleared after a certain date one way: Put this in the ThisWorkbook code module (Right-click the workbook title bar and choose View Code): Public Sub Workbook_Open() If Date > #12/15/2004# Then _ Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1,B2,J10,K39").ClearContents End Sub Note that this won't work if the user opens your workbook with macros disabled. Note also that there's no way to prevent a user from accessing your data - i.e., they can set their clock back and open the file. You can make things more difficu...

ALTER TABLE statements showing up in my stored procedures
Hi, Recently, I noticed some ALTER TABLE statements in my stored procedures. I have no idea where they came from. The only thing I can think of is that I do generate scripts to keep my local copy of the database where I develop my application and the production server in sync. I think these statements started showing up after I upgraded to SQL Server 2008 R2 (full version on production server and Express on the local machine). I just tried removing them from one of my stored procedures and they came right back. I then deleted the stored procedure and recreated it without t...

how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access
how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access Press the 'Insert' key once. -- Build a little, test a little. "Mandolin Man" wrote: > how do i turn on overtype in microsoft access Push the Insert Key on your keyboard. If you want to do it in code, the key constant is vbKeyInsert -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Mandolin Man" <MandolinMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C1997028-190E-4EB8-BDDD-46C8E586332E@microsoft.com... > how do i turn ...

"Changed by" Column is empty
Outlook 2003/Exchange 2000 Hi, in my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty throughout all folders. When I change to my Team Mailbox, the "Changed by" column has the desired information. Even when I move a mail from the Team Mailbox to my mailbox, the "Changed by" column remains empty. Is this a bug or I am doing something wrong. Thank you very much. Christoph ...

shortcut ket to change formatting of text
hey, whats the shortcut key to change numbers to dates, and vice versa. cheers : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi! This may be the sort of thing you want: CTRL+SHIFT+# Apply the Date format with the day, month, and year. This is a quote from Excel Help ( use "Keyboard shortcuts" for th search) Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ctrl-1 will pop up the Format|cells dialog ctrl-~ (ctrl-tilde, aka ctrl-shift-backquote on my USA Keyboard) will format a cell as General ctrl-# (ctrl-shift-4) will format as d-mmm-yy Try searching excel's...

Transfering a changing cell value progressively through a workbook
I am creating a payment application form in excel 2007 using windows 7. Each worksheet represents one months invoice. Say I have a formula in "sheet 1/ cell Q7" that sums the total billed to date for a particular budget line item. This value will be transfered to a the next months payment application "sheet 2/ cell K7" this becomes the total amount of previous applications, then "sheet 2/ Q7 is =sum(K7,M7,O7) this value is transfered to "sheet 3/ K7, and so on and so on, until the completion of the job. How do I acomplish this. -- Thanks Mike ...

Changes to requested ship date in SOP should roll down to lines
When changing the requested ship date at the header on open SOP orders you should have the option to roll this change down to existing SOP lines. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/News...

Help! page range prob in print
Hi I worked on print.Everythings working perfectly except one problem.ie. When i set the PageRange option to 'ALL' option and press print button..instead of displaying only the pages which has information ..its displaying that all pages from 1 to 65535 r going to be printed. How do i remove this problem? thanks, vani I thing you may failed to set the maximum number of pages to print. Check CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage(nMaxPage); method regds Jibesh -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspecto...

problems printing from MS Office Picture Manager
Operating System is Vista. When running MS Office Picture Manager (Office 2007) drop down option pulls up other printers (which work and MS XPS doc writer or install new printer. Install printer works up to and including print test page which prints normally. Like I said it pulls up the other printers and works with everything but MS office picture manager. Is there a way to associate the printer with MSOPM Have you tried right-clicking on any picture and then selecting "open with" method? This would allow you to associate all pictures to open in MSOPM when you cli...

Printing 2 worksheets to a 2 sided document
Is there any way to print - front to back - 2 seperate worksheets? Turn the paper over and print the second worksheet???? Maybe you can create a worksheet with a picture of both ranges on it: Insert a new worksheet Edit|copy the first range shift-Edit|Paste Picture Link (on that new worksheet) Back for the second range and shift-edit|Paste picture link (right near your first pasted picture link). (insert a nice page break, too) And by pasting a link, you can change the original range and your picture will update right away. (Keep that worksheet as long as you want and print from there???)...

League Table
Hello - newbie poster here. I've been scouring this group during my current project and found much useful information - thanks to all. However I've come to a halt and need to ask for help on a specific question. I have a spreadsheet working out the Rugby Zurich Premiership scores (LOTS of formulae entering!). The ultimate is to display an automatically calculating league table from the datasheet. I've used the LARGE function to order the points for each team and VLOOKUP to pull in the corresponding team name, games won, lost, drawn, points for and against and the goal differen...

SP3 Problem
Ever since I installed SP3 for Office XP, I have been getting the following error - "A program is trying to access email addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" I get this error only when I use Word as my email editor. Hence what is happening is that Outlook thinks that Word is a rogue program trying to send unauthorized emails. My question is, is there a way to prevent this - a whitelist of programs for example? Ajit Disable the PDFMaker addin. (See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems for details on how to do this.) "Aj...