How can I change the program used when following a hyperlink

I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files,
gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a gif
file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in using
IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop. But
I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not editing,
the files

Anyone got any ideas

JimR
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the
hyperlink field):
Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String)

    Dim browser As Variant

Set browser = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
   browser.Navigate (url)
   browser.StatusBar = False
   browser.Toolbar = False
   browser.visible = True
   browser.Resizable = True
   browser.AddressBar = False

End Sub

"JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image
> files,
> gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
> gif
> file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
> using
> IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop.
> But
> I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
> editing,
> the files
>
> Anyone got any ideas
>
> JimR

0
Mark
3/8/2010 3:18:34 PM
Mark

Thank you for that

JimR

"Mark Andrews" wrote:

> Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the
> hyperlink field):
> Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String)
>
>     Dim browser As Variant
>
> Set browser = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
>    browser.Navigate (url)
>    browser.StatusBar = False
>    browser.Toolbar = False
>    browser.visible = True
>    browser.Resizable = True
>    browser.AddressBar = False
>

> End Sub
>

> "JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image
> > files,
> > gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
> > gif
> > file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
> > using
> > IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop.
> > But
> > I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
> > editing,
> > the files
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas
> >
> > JimR
>
> .

No problem

> Mark
>
> Thank you for that
>
> JimR
>
> "Mark Andrews" wrote:
>
>> Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the
>> hyperlink field):
>> Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String)
>>
>>     Dim browser As Variant
>>
>> Set browser = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
>>    browser.Navigate (url)
>>    browser.StatusBar = False
>>    browser.Toolbar = False
>>    browser.visible = True
>>    browser.Resizable = True
>>    browser.AddressBar = False
>>

>> End Sub
>>

>> "JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image
>> > files,
>> > gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
>> > gif
>> > file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
>> > using
>> > IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to
>> > Photoshop.
>> > But
>> > I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
>> > editing,
>> > the files
>> >
>> > Anyone got any ideas
>> >
>> > JimR
>>
>> .

0
Mark
3/8/2010 7:17:50 PM
"JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files,
> gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
> gif
> file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
> using
> IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop.
> But
> I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
> editing,
> the files
>
> Anyone got any ideas
>
> JimR

0
De
3/13/2010 5:40:56 PM
,;:!k!

"JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : 576B37A0-70CA-4497-99E5-91755BD515C8@microsoft.com...
> I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image
> files,
> gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
> gif
> file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
> using
> IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop.
> But
> I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
> editing,
> the files
>
> Anyone got any ideas
>
> JimR

0
joelgeraldine

Sort order when using Contacts as Address Book?
When using Contacts as an Address Book, is there a way to change the sort order without changing the Default Full Name order? Currently when I select "To..." while composing a new message, Contacts are sorted by first name. I'd like to sort them by last name. Thanks. -- Lew One of the most frequently asked questions (probably becuase it's one of the most carefully hidden options): Go to Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. > Set your sort order there -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Out...

using a "variable" in range names
Can you us a "variable" in a range name without having to INDIRECT() to another cell? -facts- A1 has a number in it rn1mw, rn2mw, rn3mw, rn4mw, rn5mw are valid ranges -problem- I want to use a vlookup to one of the above ranges. Something like: VLOOKUP("bongo", CONCATENATE("rn",A1,"mw"), 0) or VLOOKUP("bongo", "rn"&A1&"mw", 0) of course those formulas do not work..... thanks in advance Can't see it without INDIRECT. -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing dir...

add values using vlookup over multi sheets
I have a workbook which contains about 20 worksheets. In sheet1 I have a list of numbers which could be also on the other 19 sheets. What I need to do is look at each of the other 19 sheets to see if they have the number which is on sheet1 and if so I need to get the numerical data in the 5th column to be returned and added together. ie sheet1 a1 = 2001 sheet4 a5 = 2001 e5 = 2 sheet6 a21 = 2001 e21 = 5 therefore sheet1 b1 = e5 + e21 = 7 Hopefully someone could help me. Thanks Noemi Try... =SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT("Sheet"&ROW(INDIRECT("2:20"))&&q...

TCPIP Socket programming in c# for PocketPC
Hello, I am trying to develop an application on a PocketPC phone using VS2005 in C#. The application simply waits for messages from the client (the PocketPC acts like the server) I am using some code which looks like: private void myMonitor() { try { // Set the TcpListener on port 13000. int port = 13000; IPAddress localAddr = IPAddress.Parse("169.254.50.100"); bool messageReceived = false; // TcpListener server = new TcpListener(port); TcpListener server = new TcpListener(port); //(localAddr...

Using wildcards w/ sumproduct
I'm not familiar with wildcards in formulas, and I can't seem to figure out exactly what to do here. If the first 3 letters in cells of column A contain FPC, then sum corresponding rows in column P, then by the total number of cells in column AT where the first 3 letters are FPC. =SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A20014,3*(closed!$A$3:$A$20003="FPC"))),(closed!$P$3:$P$20003)/SUMPRODUCT((LEFT(A1:A20014,3*(closed!$AT$3:$AT$20003="FPC"))))) Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Thanx, ~Julz Hi if I understood you correctly try =SUMPRODUCT(--(LEFT(closed!$A$3:$A$20003)=&qu...

Can't see Smartlist report
I've built a simple smartlist from the smartlist builder (vr 9.0) that doesn't show up in the smartlist. After building the smartlist, under options, I've check the box to "Display in ReportList". I've run the Smartlist Maint to refresh the cache and I have full security. I don't know where to go next. Thanks Merle: You have to also go into SmartList security and grant yourself (or anyone else you want to see the report) access to it. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Merle, Have you granted access to that SmartLi...

How can I find out which apps are using .NET and which not?
I appear to have three versions of .NET (2, 3, 3.5) with their associated special packs. How can I find out which apps are using .NET. (Please, no 'cut-one-out' method, I do not want to uninstall and see what has stopped working.) I am aware that the different .NETS are individually and separately usable by different apps - my questions is what app uses which? Thanks for any pointers occam wrote: > I appear to have three versions of .NET (2, 3, 3.5) with their > associated special packs. > > How can I find out which apps are using .NET. (Please, no 'c...

Outlook using RPC over HTTP and Passwords
We have implemented mandatory password changes every 60 days and the remote users with Outlook over http and not given an opportunity to change the password when it expires. After the 60 days they can't get in and I need to change their password on the server. Is there something I need to do? or fix? VPN users are being prompted to change their passwords and can change them themselves. -- Regards Chris Can they change them from OWA? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/...

Accessing shared mailbox from outlook 2003 using IMAP
Hi All, I am facing a problem in accessing a shared mailbox on an exchange server using outlook 2003 and IMAP. I have authorized to access the mailbox, but I dont know the exact steps for accessing the shared mailbox. I have googled a lot, but unable to find the procedure. Please help me in resolving this. Thanks in advance, am Goto Tools--> Email Accounts --> Click on "Change" button for your exchange server account and then click to select "More Settings". Now navigate to the Advanced tab and you should be able to add the additional mailbox for which you hav...

changing page numbers
I cannot find out how to change my page numbers in a Publisher document in 2002 version. It doesn't come up with Options. Anyone know? Go to menu Insert then Section -- ...

Using the Google Calendar .net API from an Access application
I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular entries to my Goggle calendar? OP <OP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a scheduling/calendar application in access. I also use Goggle >calendar. Would it be possible to use .net from Access to send my schedular >entries to my Goggle calendar? It might be possible but you'd have to do a lot of digging through the Google calendar documentation looking for the various APIs and figuring out how to execu...

can I keep background from tiling?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0049_01C90920.43F653B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm putting my pictures (from my files) on as background on a calendar. = FORMAT>BACKGROUND then using the box where I can browse and find my own = files. Publisher 2007, paper 8 1/2 X11 Some of the pictures come on = good, but some of them tile. Is there a setting to keep them from tiling and just fill the = background with one picture (or even part of it)? It might have = something to do w...

Sub report won't show lines using PrintLinesClass
Hi, I'm using PrintLinesClass in a sub report, which works well. Opening the Parent report shows also the lines in the sub report correctly, in preview view, but not when printing the report. Is there any way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance for any hint! Joerg Try increasing the resolution(quality) setting of your printer driver. Change the color of the lines from Black to a blue or dark grey color. Increase the thickness of the lines via the DrawWidth property. -- HTH Stephen Lebans http://www.lebans.com Access Code, Tips and Tricks Please respond only to the newsgroups s...

FWD: Use pack
--nozugocqswhapz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ocmbostjnqamcd"; type="multipart/alternative" --ocmbostjnqamcd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wtcazseafbqr" --wtcazseafbqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to prote...

Using a form instead of a parameter query.
We are using Access 2007. There are several parameters that my db users have to input to "filter" the data that will complete reports for the agency. I have no trouble using date fields on a form that allows the user to define the date range. However, the users need to specify foreign key fields (long int.) and I wish them to enter more than one value in the field at one time. Using the In () operator works fine on the query itself, but how can I have the users type several integers in a text box on a form that will form the parameter for the query? Any ideas? And than...

Is there a Print Preview without using the Preview app?
Is there a way to see what a document will look like on a printed page while working within Office? I know I can do Print>Preview, but that views the document in Preview, not in Office. "Office" is a suite of applications programs - knowing which of those programs you're referring to would make it a bit easier to answer your question:) In general, however, Office never has done the printing & the current Apple guidelines for printing allow for the apps to no longer have to provide a preview service which was [and is] generated by the OS & printer driver in the first ...

How can I get the zero values at the end of a chart not to show?
I have a chart getting data from a spreadsheet, where data is added one day at a time, for an entire month. After adding the data for the first day, the data point shows, but the line connecting the data point in the chart immediately drops to zero, since data for the remaining days is not available. Is there a way to just have the line connecting the data points show only where there is data, and not show anything for the upcoming days where data is not available? Thanks. 1) use a dynamic chart - see http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Dynamic.htm or 2) rather than blanks f...

HOT investment tip, can you afford not to? #3
www.belgianpokermob.eu $200 added freeroll TODAY @ 15.00EST $200 added freeroll TODAY @ 17.00EST $200 added freeroll SUNDAY @ 15.00EST also on our site Limited $50 new player sponsorships available just a few Hrs now!! $10 Free no deposit needed!! Open 4 all !! FREE league with in JUNE 3WSOP seats to be won!!! FREE League in JULI $2500 cash + 2x EPT seats!! FREE POKER-BOOZE CRUISE in --->IBIZA (starts Juli 1st) $25-$200 Sponsorships (stats linked) August 2006 FREE pokerschool/News/Intervieuws...... give us a CLICK www.belgianpokermob.eu ...

How can I duplicate Outlook (mail, contact, calendar,etc) on my l.
When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in sync. jsu8249 <jsu8249@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I travel i need to take an updated verison of by outlook files > (calendar, contacts, tasks etc.). Is there a way to keep everthing in > sync. http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

Can CRM send Email without exchange?
Hi all, I asked this question the other day, but I re-read my post and it made no sense! Hence no replies I guess. My questions (put a bit more eloqantly) are: 1) Do you HAVE to use exchange to fire out an email? Can it be handled through CRM? Surely it's just pushing out SMTP traffic, but knowing MS this answer is going to be "no you must have exchange" 2) Can CRM be configured to use mailbox enabled user accounts that dont have the upn of the domain that the crm machine is in. As far as I can see, if you add the user into CRM by it's pre 2K name ie domain\username it wi...

Can't import pst file into Outlook 2007
I'm unable to import Outlook 2000 archived pst file into Office 2007 after upgrading my laptop to Vista from XP and Microsoft Office to 2007 from 2000. The attempt to open the pst file fails with the message: "File access denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file." As far as I know, no passwords apply to the file, and when I click on Properties/Security it shows to allow full access. Does anyone know how I can import my old Outlook folder? Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Sam Sam <no-email@STOP.SPAM.com> wrote: &g...

How can i print without margins
I am trying to print for postcard on one sheet, when i print the sheet i have margins set somewhere so it wont print on the corners. I have gone to arrange layout guides, and made that 0 that makes the pink line on the paper go all the way out, but i still have this blue dotted line Please someone tell me how to get rid of it, it wont let me print properly. O r any other solutions The layout guides have nothing to do with printing. Your printer must be capable of borderless printing. Please indicate what kind of printer you are using. -- Ron "Exit521" <Exit521@discussions...

How do I change a shape but retain the text?
E.g., In cross functional flow diagram I want to replace a predifined process shape with text in it with another shape whilst retaining the text. you might check this out http://www.visio-utilities.sandrila.co.uk/ al "Parkbenchmutant" <Parkbenchmutant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68BC65ED-6801-495A-A7E8-3BAF4837AE7B@microsoft.com... > E.g., In cross functional flow diagram I want to replace a predifined > process > shape with text in it with another shape whilst retaining the text. Thanks Al, I was kind of hoping that Visio would have thi...

changing font i word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel no matter what I do (normal.dot styles etc) to change the default font (to verdana or anything else) in word it's change back to times new roman. What should I do ?? ...