How can I change the program used when following a hyperlink

I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files,
gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a gif
file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in using
IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop. But
I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not editing,
the files

Anyone got any ideas

JimR
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the
hyperlink field):
Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String)

    Dim browser As Variant

Set browser = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
   browser.Navigate (url)
   browser.StatusBar = False
   browser.Toolbar = False
   browser.visible = True
   browser.Resizable = True
   browser.AddressBar = False

End Sub

"JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image
> files,
> gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
> gif
> file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
> using
> IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop.
> But
> I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
> editing,
> the files
>
> Anyone got any ideas
>
> JimR

0
Mark
3/8/2010 3:18:34 PM
Mark

Thank you for that

JimR

"Mark Andrews" wrote:

> Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the
> hyperlink field):
> Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String)
>
>     Dim browser As Variant
>
> Set browser = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
>    browser.Navigate (url)
>    browser.StatusBar = False
>    browser.Toolbar = False
>    browser.visible = True
>    browser.Resizable = True
>    browser.AddressBar = False
>

> End Sub
>

> "JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image
> > files,
> > gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
> > gif
> > file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
> > using
> > IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop.
> > But
> > I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
> > editing,
> > the files
> >
> > Anyone got any ideas
> >
> > JimR
>
> .

No problem

> Mark
>
> Thank you for that
>
> JimR
>
> "Mark Andrews" wrote:
>
>> Use a button that when clicked calls this code (pass in the value on the
>> hyperlink field):
>> Public Sub OpenWebPage(url As String)
>>
>>     Dim browser As Variant
>>
>> Set browser = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application")
>>    browser.Navigate (url)
>>    browser.StatusBar = False
>>    browser.Toolbar = False
>>    browser.visible = True
>>    browser.Resizable = True
>>    browser.AddressBar = False
>>

>> End Sub
>>

>> "JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image
>> > files,
>> > gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
>> > gif
>> > file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
>> > using
>> > IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to
>> > Photoshop.
>> > But
>> > I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
>> > editing,
>> > the files
>> >
>> > Anyone got any ideas
>> >
>> > JimR
>>
>> .

0
Mark
3/8/2010 7:17:50 PM
"JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image files,
> gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
> gif
> file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
> using
> IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop.
> But
> I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
> editing,
> the files
>
> Anyone got any ideas
>
> JimR

0
De
3/13/2010 5:40:56 PM
,;:!k!

"JimR" <JimR@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : 576B37A0-70CA-4497-99E5-91755BD515C8@microsoft.com...
> I have a database which uses hyperlinks to take me to a set of image
> files,
> gif & jpeg. I have recently moved to Firefox. If I click on a link to a
> gif
> file it opens in Firefox, but if I do the same for a jpg it persists in
> using
> IE. The file association for jpg files on the computer are to Photoshop.
> But
> I prefer opening the links in the browser as I am only viewing, not
> editing,
> the files
>
> Anyone got any ideas
>
> JimR

0
joelgeraldine

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

How can I know which SP has been put on the exchange2K
Where can I see this msg? Thanks Open exchange manager, organization, right pane. "Geoffrey" <yile1978@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uvLLBUYwFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Where can I see this msg? > Thanks > check www.petri.co.il or check for the answer on the 10th(9th from ur posting)thread on this site,that is named"finding on version of sp installed" ...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

Hyperlink via indirect cell reference

How can I print just the flip side of a booklet?
How can I print just the flip side of a booklet? I printed the first side just fine and then my computer went funny and I had to shut down and start back up again. I have 25 copies of the first side that need to be printed on the back side. Pub 2000 user here: There may be a better way but I think you will have to print a page at a time i.e., File, Print Page 2 of 2; then 3 of 3 and so on. -- Don Vancouver, USA "pqc18" <pqc18@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92653E8D-9772-4AE0-A9C3-514B363E72B2@microsoft.com... > How can I print just the flip side ...

outlook can't receive exe files

Changing Item #'s
Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? TMM: No there isn't in the "base" product, but MBS does have a tool that you can use called Item Modifier - this will allow you to change an Item number from one value to another. You can email this address below and they can answer any questions you have about the tool and can tell you what the cost of it is. mbsprofessionalservices@microsoft.com Hope that helps you out, JG "TMM" wrote: > Is it possible to change the item #'s after the item has already been entered? ...

"x" button enables deletion.... can we put a focus trigger there?
Hi, on three forms, I put focus triggers on the "delete" button because I need to validate some additional data before allowing the user to delete. However, if the user clicks on the corner "x" button to close the form and gets the dialogue box saying they have changes, do they want to "Save", "Delete" or "Cancel", they can delete the record anyways. Is there any way to put a focus trigger on the button of the dialogue box, or on the "x" button? Thanks in advance. I assume you are working with Dexterity. To work with an add...

Can't upgrade companies to SP4
R [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Insert Error: Column name or number of supplied values does not match table definition.I had a base installation of GP 9.0, no patches. Decided to download SP4 and install. Install of the MSI went fine and upgrading the master databases worked, but going company by company, I get the following error: The following SQL statement produced an error: CREATE Procedure SVC_POP_Make_PO( @PromisedDate datetime, @OrderedBy char(15), @BatchNum char(15), @ItemNumber char(30), @VendorItemNumber char(30), @LocationCode char(10), @Uo...

Can't receive EMail #5

Not using zeros in graphing.
I have a running workbook that has tons of information. I have added a sum page in order to have all the data summed up in one simple place. I have formulas that read back into the workbook to link to a cell. Depending on what moth it is, that cell could be empty as it is a yearly wookbook. For example, if this is August, then there is information in the workbook up to August, but none after. With that said, the sum page has the #DIV/0! in the cell which essentially equals zero. I also have graphs that I have linked to this sum page. My problem is in order to keep the graphs up to...

Can I do this query in one step?
Suppose I have a talble like this, each record has a unique ID. All"A"s or "B", "C"s should have only x or y or z property attached. Iwant to find A, B or C which has more than one properties.1 A x ...2 A x ...3 A x ...4 A y ...5 B x6 B y7 C z....resutls would look like:A xA y....I think I can do this in two steps or with a subquery. Then I thoughtof self-join but didn't figure out how to use it in this case.Thanks a lot! SELECT DISTINCT and do not include the record ID perhaps? Or is the record ID vital?"muster" <muster@gmail.com> wrote in me...

How many pages can a booklet have?
Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. There is no limit, your RAM may decide for you. What version Publisher? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Verystumped" <Verystumped@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F2778CF-7B14-4BDD-93C5-EF9B39E2C1A7@microsoft.com... > Hi how many pages can a booklet have? Is there a limit to the pages in a > publisher booklet. Each page has three photos. ...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

DPM and VMM on same server using side-by-side SQL installation
Windows 2008 Std R2 Server, 64bit VMM 2007 is currently installed (with the built-in default database) SQL 2005 Express Edition, SP3, 32bit. I was advised by Microsoft that both VMM and DPM could be installed on the same server (small DR environment) The VMs are hosted on a Windows 2008 Enterprise Server w/ VS2005R2 - because the hardware didn't support HyperV. VMM works great to manage the Windows 2008 VS2005R2 Host running Win2K3 server instances ... after lots of trial and error. Now, I need to install DPM 2007 onto the same server... DPM wants to install the 64bit vers...

Where can I get a good holiday booking form for my golf business?
I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del Sol. One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbers, flight enquiries and car hire enquiries. Any help would be much appreciated on a tight budget. Thanks Dave Wrong forum. Try templates or doing it yourself. :-) -- Russell Dawson Excel Student Please hit "Yes" if this post was helpful. "Dave" wrote: > I need a quality Booking Form for my Golf Holiday business on the Costa Del > Sol. > One which includes sections for accommodation, dates, numbe...