How Best to Disable <ESC> Key on Form

My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In my
office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users at
any given time.
   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
        while they are entering data into this database.
        +  The users are using this database and another commercial database
            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC> key
            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these databases.

While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.

One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key is
hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.

What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?

MJ
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You could just enter the following code to your entry form:

Private EscapePressed As Boolean

Private Sub UserForm_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal
Shift As Integer)
    EscapePressed = (KeyCode = 27)
End Sub

Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
    If EscapePressed Then
        If MsgBox("Leave this form?", vbExclamation + vbOKCancel,
"Attention!!!") = vbCancel Then
            Cancel = 1
            EscapePressed = False
        End If
    End If
End Sub

Regards

JM

"MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> my
> office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> at
> any given time.
>   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
>   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
>        while they are entering data into this database.
>        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> database
>            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> key
>            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> databases.
>
> While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
>
> One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> is
> hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
>
> What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> --
>
> MJ

0
Joop
3/10/2010 9:58:53 AM
JM,

Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
defined".  What am I missing?

Thanks again for the inputs,

--

MJ

On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:52:08 -0800, MJ <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>JM,
>
>Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
>debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
>defined".  What am I missing?
>
>Thanks again for the inputs,

Just use AS Integer - since you're using an Access Form rather than a
Microsoft Forms form (I presume).

You'll also need to set the form's KeyPreview property to Yes.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Private Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
    If KeyCode = 27 Then
       'Debug.Print "Escape key pressed"
       KeyCode = 0  'Cancel the key stroke
    End If
End Sub

You will need to set the form's Key Preview property to True.

If you want the user to have options you need to insert something where I have
the commented out Debug.  Perhaps lines like the following

If MsgBox("Undo changes?",vbYesNo,"What?") = vbNo Then
    KeyCode = 0
End If

John Spencer
Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007-2010
The Hilltop Institute
University of Maryland Baltimore County

MJ wrote:
> JM,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
> debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
> defined".  What am I missing?
>
> Thanks again for the inputs,

0
John
3/10/2010 6:41:05 PM
John,

Thank you for your inputs, that fixed the compile error.

--

MJ

"John W. Vinson" wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 2010 09:52:08 -0800, MJ <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >JM,
> >
> >Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
> >debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
> >defined".  What am I missing?
> >
> >Thanks again for the inputs,
>
> Just use AS Integer - since you're using an Access Form rather than a
> Microsoft Forms form (I presume).
>
> You'll also need to set the form's KeyPreview property to Yes.
> --
>
>              John W. Vinson [MVP]
> .

JM,

Changed the MSForms.ReturnInteger to Integer and fixed the compile error
(per John W. Vinson's suggestion) and set KeyPreview to Yes, but did not get
the results I was expecting.
1)  The KeyDown SP seems to have broken all movement from field to field on
the form.
2)  When <ESC> key was pressed, never got to the error message box.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Thank you for your time and inputs.

--

MJ

"Joop Muis (@Home)" wrote:

> You could just enter the following code to your entry form:
>
> Private EscapePressed As Boolean
>
> Private Sub UserForm_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal
> Shift As Integer)
>     EscapePressed = (KeyCode = 27)
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
>     If EscapePressed Then
>         If MsgBox("Leave this form?", vbExclamation + vbOKCancel,
> "Attention!!!") = vbCancel Then
>             Cancel = 1
>             EscapePressed = False
>         End If
>     End If
> End Sub
>
> Regards
>
> JM
>
> "MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> > my
> > office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> > at
> > any given time.
> >   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
> >   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
> >        while they are entering data into this database.
> >        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> > database
> >            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> > key
> >            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> > databases.
> >
> > While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> > thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> > disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
> >
> > One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> > seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> > is
> > hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
> >
> > What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
> >
> > Thank you in advance for your assistance.
> >
> > --
> >
> > MJ
>

> .

John,

Your reply did get me "closer" to the the results I was looking for, but not
quite there yet.

1)  Your code for SR KeyUP with modification for msgbox...

     Private Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
         If KeyCode = 27 Then
            'Debug.Print "Escape key pressed"
             If MsgBox("     Do you want to CLEAR changes?", vbExclamation +
vbOKCancel, "<ESC> Key Hit...  What?") = vbCancel Then
                 KeyCode = 0  'Cancel the key stroke
             End If
         End If
     End Sub

     ... it recognized that <ESC> key was hit and got me to the msgbox
question, but it DID NOT prevent clearing of data already entered into the
form.

2)  Preventing the clearing of data entry is PARAMOUNT, so do you have any
suggestions on how to do that?

Thanks again for the help.

--

MJ

"MJ" wrote:

> JM,
>
> Thank you for your reply.  I must be missing somethng though, when I do a
> debug on the code you sent, I get a "compile error: user-defined type not
> defined".  What am I missing?
>
> Thanks again for the inputs,
>
> --
>
> MJ
>

> "Joop Muis (@Home)" wrote:
>
> > You could just enter the following code to your entry form:
> >
> > Private EscapePressed As Boolean
> >
> > Private Sub UserForm_KeyDown(ByVal KeyCode As MSForms.ReturnInteger, ByVal
> > Shift As Integer)
> >     EscapePressed = (KeyCode = 27)
> > End Sub
> >
> > Private Sub UserForm_QueryClose(Cancel As Integer, CloseMode As Integer)
> >     If EscapePressed Then
> >         If MsgBox("Leave this form?", vbExclamation + vbOKCancel,
> > "Attention!!!") = vbCancel Then
> >             Cancel = 1
> >             EscapePressed = False
> >         End If
> >     End If
> > End Sub
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > JM
> >
> > "MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
> > > My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> > > my
> > > office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> > > at
> > > any given time.
> > >   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
> > >   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
> > >        while they are entering data into this database.
> > >        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> > > database
> > >            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> > > key
> > >            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> > > databases.
> > >
> > > While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> > > thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> > > disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
> > >
> > > One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> > > seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> > > is
> > > hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
> > >
> > > What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for your assistance.
> > >
> > > --
> > >
> > > MJ
> >

> > .

hi,

On 10.03.2010 06:52, MJ wrote:
> What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
I would take a look at the Form Undo event:

Private Sub Form_Undo(Cancel As Integer)

   Cancel = (MsgBox("Undo changes?", vbQuestion+vbYesNo) <> vbYes)

End Sub

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan
3/11/2010 2:45:54 PM
Try moving the code to the KeyDown event instead of the KeyUp event.  Doing
that seems to work for me.  Evidently the undo takes place before the keyup
event occurs.

Private Sub Form_KeyDown(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)

MJ wrote:
> John,
>
> Your reply did get me "closer" to the the results I was looking for, but not
> quite there yet.
>
> 1)  Your code for SR KeyUP with modification for msgbox...
>
>      Private Sub Form_KeyUp(KeyCode As Integer, Shift As Integer)
>          If KeyCode = 27 Then
>             'Debug.Print "Escape key pressed"
>              If MsgBox("     Do you want to CLEAR changes?", vbExclamation +
> vbOKCancel, "<ESC> Key Hit...  What?") = vbCancel Then
>                  KeyCode = 0  'Cancel the key stroke
>              End If
>          End If
>      End Sub
>
>      ... it recognized that <ESC> key was hit and got me to the msgbox
> question, but it DID NOT prevent clearing of data already entered into the
> form.
>
> 2)  Preventing the clearing of data entry is PARAMOUNT, so do you have any
> suggestions on how to do that?
>
> Thanks again for the help.

0
John
3/11/2010 2:53:56 PM
John,

That was it exactly!

I came to the same conclusion this morning after looking a little deeper
after reviewing your earlier inputs against JMs.  Already have the change in
place ready for release at COB this evening.

Thanks again for your inputs they helped out greatly!

--

MJ

"MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> my
> office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> at
> any given time.
>   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
>   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
>        while they are entering data into this database.
>        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> database
>            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> key
>            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> databases.
>
> While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
>
> One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> is
> hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
>
> What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> --
>
> MJ

0
De
3/13/2010 5:32:19 PM
hh,;,,,,ccc

"MJ" <MJ@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de groupe de
discussion : 17CABCBE-228A-4146-AD78-4D836D0A72FC@microsoft.com...
> My problem surrounds the <ESC> key function by design within Access.  In
> my
> office we have a major departmental database being accessed by 20-30 users
> at
> any given time.
>   1.  This is NOT an issue of the number of simultaneous users.
>   2.  It IS a problem of users ACCIDENTALLY hitting <ESC> ocassionally
>        while they are entering data into this database.
>        +  The users are using this database and another commercial
> database
>            (non-Access, which has different functional use for the <ESC>
> key
>            than in Access) toggling back and forth between these
> databases.
>
> While my director would like the <ESC> disabled for this database, I am
> thinking that I might be better if we were able to "fix" the real issue by
> disabling it on select forms, one at a time as needed.
>
> One user suggested that it might be useful to have a "check" message box
> seeking the user's confirmation BEFORE clearing in the event the <ESC> key
> is
> hit.  If the user does NOT confirm, then data remains as entered.
>
> What would be the BEST way to approach this fix?
>
> Thank you in advance for your assistance.
>
> --
>
> MJ

0
joelgeraldine

Auto fill form
Hi, I have a table that contains the following information: Project number; Vendor; Owner; Comments I would like to have a form that when the project number is filled out the Vendor and Owner also fills in automatically. That way the user only has to input comments regarding the update of the project. I have tried everything but I am missing some thing somewhere. I am very new to access. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Sara I would suggest that you need another table. This is because you will have more than one comment entered for each project. So, if you crea...

Can't disable a button on CDialogBar
Hello I have a button on CDialogBar. my problem is I can't disable this button. here what I have tried. m_wndDialogBar.GetDlgItem(IDC_BUTTON)->EnableWindow(FALSE); I'm using the Doc/View architecture. Thanks in advance. Check the return from GetDlgItem() and make sure it is a valid CWnd*. Also, make sure there is no code in the dialog handler that is reenabling it (you may be competeing with another similar call). Tom <xcppcoder@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141224821.437297.280720@t39g2000cwt.googlegroups.com... > Hello > I have a button on CDialogBar. my p...

Need to hide previous Form entries
Once the form is completed and they click or move to a new entry, I need to hide the previous entry. The form is set to Data Entry: Yes, but that only hides records from a previous session, we don't want to have to close the Form and re-open it after each record entry. Any/all help is appreciated! Sean What happens if you requery the form in its AfterInsert event? 1. Set the form's AfterInsert property to: [Event Procedure] 2. Click the Build button (...) beside this. Access opens the code window. 3. Between the "Private Sub..." and "End Sub" lines, ent...

Saving a record on a form to multiple places
Here is what I think will be an easy question, but im not sure... Lets say I have a databasee, which i do. Lets say that on my main form, I have a text box called "company". On the same form, I have command buttons that link to other forms that have to do with this company, but they are too numerous to put all on subforms within this form, as I was instructed to make the forms less cluttered. When I enter a new company's name in the text box, as if im adding it for the first time, I would like it to update that field to other tables as well, which all contain that companies n...

Forms go straight to Outbox instead of sending
Hey ho. When I send a form it goes straight to the outbox and will not let me send it until I hit the send/receive button. Why is that, anybody know? ...

Timer event on forms
I have an Access 2002 db and while building a rather complicated report I would like the users to see a progress bar or timer that lets the user know that the system is working. I built a ‘lazy mans’ progress bar using objects and making them visible at various points in the process. There are about 10 steps which utilize DoCmd.RunSQL. If I try and add a timer event to show a progress bar the SQL running takes over the CPU and the event does not run or refresh. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time. Mark I solved my own problem. The timer event was in a loop and did not give focus to ...

My (final) 2 cents on continuous form design
Some days ago I started a thread on this forum regarding the design of a continuous form to be used to show all of the records filled in a table and giving the possibility to the user to select each row and perform action on the record (mine is retrieving all of the information from the record and use them to fill another form where the data can be edited). This can be easily accomplished through regular continuous form but I stated few requirements: a) the form should be unbound and the data should be not editable; b) I hate having that crappy effect of all the text selected whe...

Building a Query by Form Interface
Hello, I'm trying to create a method where a user selects some criteria in a form and a query then generates the results. I have been able to pass numbers successfully in the query but not text. If anyone has an easy way of developing this let me know. The code below works for numbers but not text Help me please. Function BuildSQLString(strSQL As String) As Boolean Dim strSELECT As String Dim strFROM As String Dim strWHERE As String strSELECT = "s.*" strFROM = "UFRRecords s " If Check2 Then strWHERE = strWHERE & " s.[FlagField1] = " & Combo0 End I...

"Sole Access" in order to make a Form from a Table
Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to save. This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user. I have even set a password for it, that was not sufficient. What do I have to do? Are other people using the database when you are trying to save the form? -- Lynn Trapp MCP, MOS, MCAS "LUTGUT" wrote: > > Every time I try to make a form from my table, it will not allow me to save. > This happens even though I am the computer's Admiinistrator and only user. > I have even set a pa...

Microsoft Forms
I have a a custom excel spreadsheet that works on some laptops not others. They all have Windows XP - SP1 and Office XP - SP3. Some laptops open the spreadsheet OK, some have a pop up box that says MICROSOFT FORMS Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine. OK If you press OK, it apperas again, if you press OK again it goes into Microsoft Visual Basic and gives you a compile error. Any ideas? Do they all have the same version of Excel, or do some have an older version? If so, rebuild under the earliest Excel version . -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the em...

The data in my form is changing after the status is closed
I have a form which is based on a query for invoicing. I have some client who have been invoiced for their service and not their status is closed. If this person returns as a client and I set the new contract year and I go to the invoicing form to invoice for their new serivce the prior year contract year information for the service which has already been closed is no longer there. I want to keep this data as read only, but still be able to add new information. ...

Using 'like' in a form query
I want to have my Office symbol query using 'like c* or c%' , using wildcards like you can do in a query... this works but I can't use wildcards with it... help? DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acFormDS, , "[group]= '" & strGroup & "'" & "AND" & "[office_symbol]= '" & "like" & strOffc & "'" Your opening single quote is in the wrong place. Rather than & " [office_symbol]= ' " & "like" & strOffc & " ' " it should be & &...

Arrow Keys in Excel #3
While typeing in Excel, my arrow keys suddenly changed from moving from "cell to cell" to scrolling the screen. I cannot figure out how to change the keys back so that they move from "cell to cell." Any suggestions? Hit the scroll lock key. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConference.com "Claude" <Claude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20EFD914-65E1-4B08-8522-F284276F7E2A@microsoft.com... > While typeing in Excel, my arrow...

Access Forms using Word as Base
I would like to create a form to input information into an Access database. I would like to have the Access form resemble the Word fillable form as much as possible. Please let me know if there is a way to use the design of the Word form as an Access input form or if I have to design the Access input form from scratch. We are running Access 2002 on an xp machine. Thanks and have a great weekend!! Ken -- akkrug You can use a bitmap image of a Word form as a guide to placement of the controls on a Access form, but the only way that you can use a Word form with Access ...

CListCtrl
Hello, It is possible to disable some items when using a CListCtrl in (large) icon view mode ? For example, gray them out and make it non-clickable. I can use LVIS_CUT for an item, but I can't change the text color for a single item. I also tried overriding DrawItem, seems not to work when using icon view mode (owner draw fixed enabled). Any ideas ? thx ...

Multiple Combo box in a form
i'm have a form. i want to do three combo box. one is customer, one is partID and one is process. this three combo box are from three different table. there are customer table, part master table and process table. i want to do like this. if i choose one of the customer from the combo box, then when i go to the partID combo box, then i want it just show out whatever the part which belong to that customer only. others customer's part wont be in the list. then when i click on the process combo box, then i just want the combo box show out the process which is belong to that partID w...

Extended Amount in Opportunity Product Form
In the Opportunity Products form there is a field called Extended Amount. This field is supposed to calculate the amount after taxes and discounts are applied. For some reason this field is grayed out and does not work at all. Does anybody know why this field doesn't work? Thank you in advance! ...

Getting a form to open at the top instead of the bottom
Hi This is a very simple question. As mentioned in the subject line, I have created a form which is about 8 inches in height. When a user opens the form, instead of being at the top, they're at the bottom. I can't quite figure out how to make it so that when the form opens, the user is at the top of the form than the bottom. Thank you in advance. The form will open with the focus on the first control in the tab order. forest8 wrote: >Hi > >This is a very simple question. > >As mentioned in the subject line, I have created a form which is ab...

Exporting datasheet view of a form with a subform
I am using Access 2000. When I display a mainForm with a subForm in datasheet view, then export the mainForm to an Excel wookbook, I am unable to add any of the resultant Excel columns that contain currency type data. I am able to add the Excel columns with number type data. The problem only occurs with a form+subform in datasheet view, not with a query+subquery(subdatasheet). Can anyone tell me what is going on here. ...

disable http protocol by default
Is there a way I can disable the http protocol for all new mailboxes by default? I want to disable OWA for all of my users except for about 5. I am aware I can use a tool like admodify to change the settings across all users in one sweep, but is there a way I can I can ensure that all new users have this setting disabled by default? Many thanks inadvance Marc ...

key board typing incorrect characters
my Sony Vaio laptop has been typing strange characters when I try to type, even when you press backspace it prints some weird characters..how can I fix it. ? Max wrote: > my Sony Vaio laptop has been typing strange characters when I try to type, > even when you press backspace it prints some weird characters..how can I > fix > it. ? Plug in an external (USB) laptop. Start using it. Any 'strange' characters? If so - what are your keyboard regional settings set at (what should they be)? -- Shenan Stanley MS-MVP -- How To Ask Questions The S...

Field which is disabled
Modifying GP 9.0 PM with Modifier/VBA After make visible hidden field and add to VBA I tried to move data to this field and have this error: Run-time error ‘1008’: Unsafe Operation. An attempt was made to set a value into on application field which is disabled. This operation could compromise the integrity of that application. I tried this: ApplyPayablesDocuments.Update1099Amount.Enabled = True But still have the error. Any suggestion will be appreciated. Regards, Valentin What the system is saying is you are doing something that interferes with the logic built into GP and it ...

Disabling tables formatting features in Word2000 and Word2003
How can I disable the automatic table numbering and indenting features in MS Word? Jim Hawkins By asking in a Word newsgroup, not Windows XP. "Jim Hawkins" <jimhawkins@manx.net> wrote in message news:uRjHU6eELHA.588@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... : : How can I disable the automatic table numbering and indenting : features in MS Word? : : Jim Hawkins : : : Bickford Shmeckler wrote: > By asking in a Word newsgroup, not Windows XP. > Such as ? I could only find 3 newsgroups about Word, one in hebrew, one in arabic and a third in a l...

Creating form templates
I am creating a form templace with a combination of check boxes and text fields. Whenever I place both in the same form, protect it and then try to use the template, using the check boxes disables the text fields. Surely there must be a way to use both together in one form Help! If this is Word 2007 (always important to say) and the "text fields" are really content controls, don't do that -- use text form fields from the Legacy Controls button instead. If that isn't the case, then please specify your Word version and exactly how you inserted the fields. -...

Form Title Bar
thank you my question is: I don't want any text appear in the (form title bar)? my solution is I put dot (.)in the caption or border style = None is there any other solution? thank you Just type a space - no dot needed. It will retain the blank space. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com If my post was helpful to you, please rate the post. __________________________________ "a" wrote: > thank you > my question is: > I don't want any text appear in the (form title bar)? > > my s...