Hiding and Unhiding Forms In Code

This is what I am trying to do. I hide a form and opened another form using a
button:
 Me.Visible=False
 DoCmd.Open "Select Report Type", acNormal

Now I want to unhide the form again using a button on the second form, I
tried:
If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].IsVisible=False Then
     Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
End If

But this didn't work. I am stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your
friendly Access help file);

If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then
        Me!Line0.Visible = True
    Else
        Me!Line0.Visible = False
    End If

Notice how it is not followed by = True/False

However, I don't think the property applies to forms , so you should
probably just use;

If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then

      Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true

End If

Keep in mind that if you are ever working in the second form without the
first form being open, then this will throw an error. You can trap for that
using the IsLoaded property like;

If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then

 If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then

      Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true

 End If

End If

HTH

--
_________

Sean Bailey

"Ayo" wrote:

> This is what I am trying to do. I hide a form and opened another form using a
> button:
>  Me.Visible=False
>  DoCmd.Open "Select Report Type", acNormal
>
> Now I want to unhide the form again using a button on the second form, I
> tried:
> If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].IsVisible=False Then
>      Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> End If
>
> But this didn't work. I am stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> Thank you.

Thank you very much.

"Beetle" wrote:

> Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your
> friendly Access help file);
>
> If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then
>         Me!Line0.Visible = True
>     Else
>         Me!Line0.Visible = False
>     End If
>
> Notice how it is not followed by = True/False
>
> However, I don't think the property applies to forms , so you should
> probably just use;
>
> If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
>
>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>
> End If
>
> Keep in mind that if you are ever working in the second form without the
> first form being open, then this will throw an error. You can trap for that
> using the IsLoaded property like;
>
> If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
>
>  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
>
>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>
>  End If
>
> End If
>

> HTH
>
> --
> _________
>
> Sean Bailey
>

> "Ayo" wrote:
>
> > This is what I am trying to do. I hide a form and opened another form using a
> > button:
> >  Me.Visible=False
> >  DoCmd.Open "Select Report Type", acNormal
> >
> > Now I want to unhide the form again using a button on the second form, I
> > tried:
> > If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].IsVisible=False Then
> >      Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> > End If
> >
> > But this didn't work. I am stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> > Thank you.

I got this error message:
"The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
exist"
I know the form wasn't closed because I use: Me.Visible=False to hide it and
all I want to do is unhide it again.
I used the code you suggested:

"Beetle" wrote:

> Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your
> friendly Access help file);
>
> If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then
>         Me!Line0.Visible = True
>     Else
>         Me!Line0.Visible = False
>     End If
>
> Notice how it is not followed by = True/False
>
> However, I don't think the property applies to forms , so you should
> probably just use;
>
> If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
>
>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>
> End If
>
> Keep in mind that if you are ever working in the second form without the
> first form being open, then this will throw an error. You can trap for that
> using the IsLoaded property like;
>
> If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
>
>  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
>
>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>
>  End If
>
> End If
>

> HTH
>
> --
> _________
>
> Sean Bailey
>

> "Ayo" wrote:
>
> > This is what I am trying to do. I hide a form and opened another form using a
> > button:
> >  Me.Visible=False
> >  DoCmd.Open "Select Report Type", acNormal
> >
> > Now I want to unhide the form again using a button on the second form, I
> > tried:
> > If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].IsVisible=False Then
> >      Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> > End If
> >
> > But this didn't work. I am stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> > Thank you.

Ayo,
you need the quote marks around the name of the form in the isloaded
function
you can make the form visible if it is already visible without any error
(from memory)
 If CurrentProject.AllForms("[Inscope Site Summary]").IsLoaded = True Then
       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
 End If

Jeanette Cunningham

"Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I got this error message:
> "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
> exist"
> I know the form wasn't closed because I use: Me.Visible=False to hide it
> and
> all I want to do is unhide it again.
> I used the code you suggested:
>
> If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
>  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>  End If
> End If
>

> "Beetle" wrote:
>
>> Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your
>> friendly Access help file);
>>
>> If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then
>>         Me!Line0.Visible = True
>>     Else
>>         Me!Line0.Visible = False
>>     End If
>>
>> Notice how it is not followed by = True/False
>>
>> However, I don't think the property applies to forms , so you should
>> probably just use;
>>
>> If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
>>
>>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>>
>> End If
>>
>> Keep in mind that if you are ever working in the second form without the
>> first form being open, then this will throw an error. You can trap for
>> that
>> using the IsLoaded property like;
>>
>> If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
>>
>>  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
>>
>>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>>
>>  End If
>>
>> End If
>>

>> HTH
>>
>> --
>> _________
>>
>> Sean Bailey
>>

>> "Ayo" wrote:
>>
>> > This is what I am trying to do. I hide a form and opened another form
>> > using a
>> > button:
>> >  Me.Visible=False
>> >  DoCmd.Open "Select Report Type", acNormal
>> >
>> > Now I want to unhide the form again using a button on the second form,
>> > tried:
>> > If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].IsVisible=False Then
>> >      Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>> > End If
>> >
>> > But this didn't work. I am stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
>> > Thank you.

0
Jeanette
1/6/2008 4:40:15 AM
Thanks. I just tried it with the quotation marks and I still got the same
error message. i don't understand what is going on.

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Ayo,
> you need the quote marks around the name of the form in the isloaded
> function
> you can make the form visible if it is already visible without any error
> (from memory)
>  If CurrentProject.AllForms("[Inscope Site Summary]").IsLoaded = True Then
>        Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>  End If
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I got this error message:
> > "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
> > exist"
> > I know the form wasn't closed because I use: Me.Visible=False to hide it
> > and
> > all I want to do is unhide it again.
> > I used the code you suggested:
> >
> > If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
> >  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >  End If
> > End If
> >

> > "Beetle" wrote:
> >
> >> Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your
> >> friendly Access help file);
> >>
> >> If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then
> >>         Me!Line0.Visible = True
> >>     Else
> >>         Me!Line0.Visible = False
> >>     End If
> >>
> >> Notice how it is not followed by = True/False
> >>
> >> However, I don't think the property applies to forms , so you should
> >> probably just use;
> >>
> >> If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >>
> >>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >>
> >> End If
> >>
> >> Keep in mind that if you are ever working in the second form without the
> >> first form being open, then this will throw an error. You can trap for
> >> that
> >> using the IsLoaded property like;
> >>
> >> If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
> >>
> >>  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >>
> >>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >>
> >>  End If
> >>
> >> End If
> >>

> >> HTH
> >>
> >> --
> >> _________
> >>
> >> Sean Bailey

Actually, you should get rid of the brackets and the quotes and use
underscores between the words of the form name like this;

If CurrentProject.AllForms(Inscope_Site_Summary).IsLoaded = True Then

Sorry about that. I never use spaces when naming objects in my apps, so I
don't have to deal with brackets and underscores and such.

--
_________

Sean Bailey

"Ayo" wrote:

> I got this error message:
> "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
> exist"
> I know the form wasn't closed because I use: Me.Visible=False to hide it and
> all I want to do is unhide it again.
> I used the code you suggested:
>
> If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
>   If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
>        Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>   End If
> End If
>

> "Beetle" wrote:
>
> > Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your
> > friendly Access help file);
> >
> > If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then
> >         Me!Line0.Visible = True
> >     Else
> >         Me!Line0.Visible = False
> >     End If
> >
> > Notice how it is not followed by = True/False
> >
> > However, I don't think the property applies to forms , so you should
> > probably just use;
> >
> > If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >
> >       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >
> > End If
> >
> > Keep in mind that if you are ever working in the second form without the
> > first form being open, then this will throw an error. You can trap for that
> > using the IsLoaded property like;
> >
> > If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
> >
> >  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >
> >       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >
> >  End If
> >
> > End If
> >

> > HTH
> >
> > --
> > _________
> >
> > Sean Bailey
> >

> > "Ayo" wrote:
> >
> > > This is what I am trying to do. I hide a form and opened another form using a
> > > button:
> > >  Me.Visible=False
> > >  DoCmd.Open "Select Report Type", acNormal
> > >
> > > Now I want to unhide the form again using a button on the second form, I
> > > tried:
> > > If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].IsVisible=False Then
> > >      Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> > > End If
> > >
> > > But this didn't work. I am stuck. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
> > > Thank you.

Thanks guys. I finally got it. Instead of ("[Inscope Site Summary]"), I used
("Inscope Site Summary"). Now it works. Thanks guys for all the help.

 Ayo

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Ayo,
> you need the quote marks around the name of the form in the isloaded
> function
> you can make the form visible if it is already visible without any error
> (from memory)
>  If CurrentProject.AllForms("[Inscope Site Summary]").IsLoaded = True Then
>        Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
>  End If
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I got this error message:
> > "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
> > exist"
> > I know the form wasn't closed because I use: Me.Visible=False to hide it
> > and
> > all I want to do is unhide it again.
> > I used the code you suggested:
> >
> > If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
> >  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >  End If
> > End If
> >

> > "Beetle" wrote:
> >
> >> Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your
> >> friendly Access help file);
> >>
> >> If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then
> >>         Me!Line0.Visible = True
> >>     Else
> >>         Me!Line0.Visible = False
> >>     End If
> >>
> >> Notice how it is not followed by = True/False
> >>
> >> However, I don't think the property applies to forms , so you should
> >> probably just use;
> >>
> >> If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >>
> >>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >>
> >> End If
> >>
> >> Keep in mind that if you are ever working in the second form without the
> >> first form being open, then this will throw an error. You can trap for
> >> that
> >> using the IsLoaded property like;
> >>
> >> If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
> >>
> >>  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >>
> >>       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >>
> >>  End If
> >>
> >> End If
> >>

> >> HTH
> >>
> >> --
> >> _________
> >>
> >> Sean Bailey

Thanks.

"Beetle" wrote:

> Actually, you should get rid of the brackets and the quotes and use
> underscores between the words of the form name like this;
>
> If CurrentProject.AllForms(Inscope_Site_Summary).IsLoaded = True Then
>
> Sorry about that. I never use spaces when naming objects in my apps, so I
> don't have to deal with brackets and underscores and such.
>
> --
> _________
>
> Sean Bailey
>

> "Ayo" wrote:
>
> > I got this error message:
> > "The expression you entered refers to an object that is closed or doesn't
> > exist"
> > I know the form wasn't closed because I use: Me.Visible=False to hide it and
> > all I want to do is unhide it again.
> > I used the code you suggested:
> >
> > If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
> >   If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> >        Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> >   End If
> > End If
> >

> > "Beetle" wrote:
> >
> > > Here is an example of using the IsVisible property (straight from your
> > > friendly Access help file);
> > >
> > > If Me!CategoryID.IsVisible Then
> > >         Me!Line0.Visible = True
> > >     Else
> > >         Me!Line0.Visible = False
> > >     End If
> > >
> > > Notice how it is not followed by = True/False
> > >
> > > However, I don't think the property applies to forms , so you should
> > > probably just use;
> > >
> > > If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> > >
> > >       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> > >
> > > End If
> > >
> > > Keep in mind that if you are ever working in the second form without the
> > > first form being open, then this will throw an error. You can trap for that
> > > using the IsLoaded property like;
> > >
> > > If CurrentProject.AllForms([Inscope Site Summary]).IsLoaded = True Then
> > >
> > >  If Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=False Then
> > >
> > >       Forms![Inscope Site Summary].Visible=true
> > >
> > >  End If
> > >
> > > End If
> > >

> > > HTH
> > >
> > > --
> > > _________
> > >
> > > Sean Bailey

CODING HELP 09-14-06
Hi I am trying to use the following code in the form save event. What i basically want to do is set the field called adding contacts to read only = true if contacts is not checked. Both these fields are checkboxes. Following is the code i am trying to use. Any advice would be really helpful please. var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: if crmForm.all.new_contacts. = 0 crmForm.all.new_contactsadding.readOnly = true else crmForm.all.new_contactsadding.readOnly = false break; case ...

Disable Tab and/or Section in form
Hi i have another question. May i disable by javascript a tab a/o section in a form? If it is possible can you give me a sample? Thank's Marco Rocca Marco, Here are instructions for hiding a tab: http://blogs.infinite-x.net/?p=3 Thanks, Mitch ...

want show result in spread sheet, in the form
Hi all, I have a form with a combo box , listed with 5 items. when each item is selected it will execute a query and result will in spread sheet window like how normally appears when a query is executed. but I want to add some thing like spread sheet, in the form at the bottom. when a query is executed the result should appear in the bottom attached spread sheet. pls help me here in 2 things. 1. where and what should i add at the bottom which seems like spread sheet and how to add it. 2. how to make possible the result will appear on it. thanks in advance.... ...

establishing sub forms existing forms
I was curious if this is possible. I have approx 4 or 5 forms that update different tables in the database. Is it possible to establish a sub form on these 4 or 5 forms, without having to rebuild from scratch? The intent would be so users can enter information into each form without having to open each form. On 8 May 2007 17:33:19 -0700, Danny <donotspam12345@hotmail.com> wrote: >I was curious if this is possible. I have approx 4 or 5 forms that >update different tables in the database. Is it possible to establish >a sub form on these 4 or 5 forms, without having to reb...

How to set password to open form
Hi all, I have created a form , in that command button is created when clicked it will open another form. but i need when button is clicked a input box should appear requiring password. when password entered then only that form should open. pls help me these 2 things. 1. when password is entered in inputbox , i want to display message box with entered password ... how can i do it. Naveen, Something like... If Me.txtPassword = "ugh" Then DoCmd.OpenForm "YourForm" Else MsgBox "You do not have permission to view ...

Sub forms procedure execution order
Hi I have a Booking Form which contains 2 Sub Forms, Customer Details and Booking Details. I also have a Customers form in a seperate part of the system, and I am trying to make a link - New Booking, which opens the Booking Form with the selected Customer Details, ready to add new booking details. I used a global variable glob_form_name. When the New Booking button is clicked on the Customers form, it sets glob_form_name to "Customers". In my Booking Form, I put On Load procedures in the Customer Details subform and the Booking Details subform. In the Customer Details form , if glob...

How do you add a drop down calendar to a form field?
Is this possible? Do you mean the "Class" MSCAL.Calendar.7...the Calendar Control? "kjv77" wrote: > Is this possible? What version of Access are you using? I believe that this is built into Access 2007. HTH "kjv77" wrote: > Is this possible? It is. Date Picker in the Form Properties Format Tab "roccogrand" wrote: > What version of Access are you using? I believe that this is built into > Access 2007. > > HTH > > "kjv77" wrote: > > > Is this possible? There's VB, C, and J code to do this...

Trying to select a specific range based on the time value of user form input
Here is the cmdOK_Click event of my user form. What I need it to do is based on the time input in the pckApptTime on my form to have it offset to a different range of cells (ie: if time is 7:15, then the active cell offset is range A1, looping for a blank cell. If the time is 8:30 am then the range begins at a10, 9:45 range a20, 1:15 range a30, 2:30 range a40, and 3:45 range a50) Where in the Sub do I put this information? and what do I put to have the OK_Click do this automatically? Private Sub cmdOK_Click() Range("A1").Select ActiveWorkbook.Save (this is to update the ...

Form Proctection
For some reason my "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button is grayed out and not allowing me to create limit my word document to "Filing in Forms". Make sure the Design Mode button in the ribbon is turned off. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Keven wrote: > For some reason my "Yes, Start Enforcing Protection" button is grayed > out and not allowing me to create limit my word document to "Filing ...

Filter with Code
I'm a newbie to filters and can do one manually but I'm looking for code that will do the following I have a series of data in 7 columns, 3 of my columns are detailed below and I wish to filter out only those within Salary type that equals "Mth" and place them (with the exact same headings etc in a sheet titled "filtered" StaffNo SalaryType PayRate 1 Week $8.90 2 Week $10.00 3 Mth $15.00 4 Week $7.50 Try recording a macro while you...

Editing in sub-form is locked
I have a sub-form that when loaded seperately allows edits. The underlying query also allows edits to update the base table. The query contains simple references no calculated fields or multi-join situations. However when viewing the mainform(w/sub-form too), the textboxes are locked (I.E. clicking on them is not registered). Properties attached to the sub-form: Form property Allow Edits: yes (Additions, Deletions are both no, I only wish to allow changes to existing table data) TextBoxes for fields that I want to edit, Enabled: yes (some of the Textboxes ARE disabled, greyed-out, o...

capture data form which then links through to page to download fil
Hi. Can someone help please. I'm using frontpage 2003. My boss wants me to create a form to capture data from visitors. That bit is fairly straightforward. What he then wants to do is once visitors fill in the form and click submit he wants them to go through to another page where they can download pdf files of their choice. This is the bit which is causing me problems. How can I configure the form so once visitors fill it in and hit submit they are taken through to this new section, at the same time capturing the information they have put in the form. Any help would be much ...

Message displays funny coded...
When some of us send an message, sometimes message becomes like below. ====================== charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I'm = done working for=20 the day but I will take care of this tomorrow, since I have all the = latest=20 TMs.. Robyn=20 ======================= Or sometimes when we send an html page from IE 6.0, the person will receive the page showing no pictures or anything but source code looking staff. This doesn't happen all the time. It happens once a while. Does anybody know why and how to fix this? Most of our employe...

Customize More Addresses Form
Is there a way to customize the "More Addresses" form inside the Account window? -- Brandon Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" http://www.presentationsdirect.com Brandon ha escrito: > Is there a way to customize the "More Addresses" form inside the Account > window? > > -- > Brandon > Presentations Direct - "Document Finishing Solutions" > http://www.presentationsdirect.com >From inside de Account form window? probably not. You should go to settings, personalization, and go to "More Addresses"...

Form Not Opening Right
I am using the following code from to open a form from another continuous form. DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDhallAddExpiredRefRecy", , , , acFormAdd, , [DHallID] = Me.DHallID However, the form opens except that the DhallID does not transfer. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong? The DhallID is an autonumber field. -- Thanks As Always Rip Ripper wrote: > I am using the following code from to open a form from another continuous > form. > DoCmd.OpenForm "frmDhallAddExpiredRefRecy", , , , acFormAdd, , [DHallID] > = Me.DHallID >...

Coding problem
Would someone please show me what is the correct way to code the following so that my AutoFill Destination goes from Cells(27,2) to Cells(27,numberofRows)? ws1.Range("A2").Select numberofRows = ActiveCell.CurrentRegion.Rows.Count Selection.AutoFill Destination:=ws1.Range("AA2:AA822"), Type:=xlFillDefault Thanks, Jim Berglund So you want to fill down in Column B, based on stuff in Column A? Dim lastrow As Long lastrow = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(Rows.Count, "A").End(xlUp).Row Range("B2").AutoFill R...

Select a Customer from ListBox???? in different Forms
Hi I have a form Name "FrmDrVoucher" and a SubForm "FrmDrVoucherBodySubForm" In this form. I have "AccountNo" Txtbox Control in SUbForm. After this control I have a small button by pressing it a new form appears with a list box having all my customers Id's and names.... I wanted that by double clicking on a customer name in list box, It fill up the AccountNo in my SubForm with selected CustomerId from Listbox. For This I used the Following Code in ListBox Dbl Click Event (in newly PopUp Form) Private Sub List0_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) [F...

SOP Short Invoice Form. Include Note on the report
Hi guys. I am trying to include the invoice note on the printed short invoice form. I can´t figure out how to relate the SY_Record_Notes_MSTR to one of the invoice tables used by the short form report. thanks in advice for the input. PS. the purpose of this is to have a large space to include comments on special invoices. Daniel, Here is what you need to do to get the SOP Invoice note on the report. 1) In Report Writer, click on the Tables button on the toolbar and select SOP_HRD_WORK. Then click on Relationships. 2) Click New. 3) For the Secondary table, select the Record Not...

get code from some rows
Hi I have this data: A B C D 1 code1 name1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 code2 name2 I have each ten rows a code in column A and other data in the other columns. I want the codes that repeat each ten rows to show in column D like this: A B C D 1 code1 name1 code1 2 code2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 code2 name2 Thank you so much Strictly speaking, your codes are appearing every 9th row, going by your example. Is your next code on row 19? If so, then you can put t...

Creating a Report from a Form
I've spent the last 2 hours creating and tweaking a form in Access 2003 for viewing data that was submitted through a web form. I want to add a command button that will allow a user to print the record that they are currently viewing in the form...however, everything I've found refers to having the coding for the print button simply send the primary key for the record to the report that I want to print and then it will print out. But my form IS my report. All the data I would want to show in the report is shown in my form. Does this mean that I have to go through the whole p...

Printing code for specific pages
I have created a web page, and in it I would like to add the ability for the visitor to click on a printer icon and print it (perhaps in plain text and or graphics). I've searched within Publisher 2007 and did not find anything related to this. Can someone suggest a solution? Thanks!! -- Alasariko "alasariko" <alasariko@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FD63DD7-E435-497D-A20F-518349ED76E9@microsoft.com... > I have created a web page, and in it I would like to add the ability for the > visitor to click on a printer icon and print it (perhaps in pl...

VBA COde & Formulas
Hi, Formulas usualy begins with = followed by .... ex. : =sum(a2:f3) is in cel h5 or =MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) in cell B5 My question is: Can this be done using VBA code??? My idea is: (might not be correct)!! range ("B5").Select formula=MID(CELL("filename",A1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",A1))+1,255) ...... ....... For all the cells that has formulas in the sheet. Khalil you may use a regular formula thusly range("a1").formula="=yourformula" leaves the for...

Forms #9
Why are my customized fields, which I added to the first page of my message form blank after I sent the form? If I add the same fields to the second page of a message form they display correctly. Where is my mistake here?? You might find some answers starting here: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "woodoousa" wrote: > Why are my customized fields, which I added to the first page of my > message f...

Iability to send e-mail form Outlook 2002 SP2
When i attempt to send an e-mail message everything appears to go fine but the recipient does not receive the message. If i cc or bcc myself on the message i still dont get the message. Please advise ...

How to hide a text field label when the field is null? Access2003
In MS Access 2003 report, how to hide the label attached to a text field when the text field is blank? Example: Field Name = [MiddleName]; the label for [MiddleName] is [MidNameLbl]. If no middle name, I do not want the label to appear. Thanks The no-code method is to change the label to a text box and set its properties: Control Source: ="Mid. Name: " + [MiddleName] Can Grow: No Can Shrink: Yes If MiddleName is null, the text box will disappear. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Pearl" wrote: > In MS Access 2003 report, how to...