Hidden Folders and Files

I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack.

For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders,
even though I was able to a short while ago.  I don't know what I
have done to change this.

Under folder options I have selected "Display the contents of system
folders" and "Show hidden files and folders"  However they are not
visible.

Any advise? Thanks.
0
leasider
4/3/2007 8:02:24 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

leasider<SPAM> wrote:
> I am using Windows XP pro, 2nd, service pack.
>
> For some reason, I am now unable to see my hidden files and folders,
> even though I was able to a short while ago.  I don't know what I
> have done to change this.
>
> Under folder options I have selected "Display the contents of system
> folders" and "Show hidden files and folders"  However they are not
> visible.
>
> Any advise? Thanks.

    Sorry.  This is a newsgroup dedicated to questions about Access, the
database program in Office Professional.  It appears your question may not
be related to these subjects. The Microsoft help system is not all that
clear and may have misdirected you here.

     It is best to ask your questions in a newsgroup dedicated to the
subject of your question.  You should find people better able to address
your problem there.
 http://tc2.atspace.com/0013-HowToSearch.htm#FindNewsgroup may help.

     Note: It is always best to indicate the name and version of any
program(s) you may be using when asking a question and also indicate the
operating system (like Windows XP or 98) when you ask a question.

--
Joseph Meehan

 Dia 's Muire duit

0
Joseph

Retrieve an External File, pdf, txt, jpeg... etc
I have a generic folder (c:/database/folder/)with a many different files that need to be referenced on a regular basis. The worst part is finding the file that is needed. What I am trying to do is to have the user add on a form the name of the file with the extension (such as .pdf, .doc, .txt, .jpg) where such information is stored. So lets say as an example that we want to retrieve the file name adobe.pdf. Using a form, how can I have a pull the exact file? Again, all files are stored in the same folder and path. Thanks in advanced!! Use the 'standard Windows Fil...

Convert old PPT file
My company recently upgrade the office 2003 to office 2007. It works well for most of the users except one. He had thousands of old powerpoint slides which created around year 1996,1997. By using right click to check the file properties, it shows the the application name is 'Microsoft Powerpoint 4.0' .These file can be opened by powerpoint 2003 but can not being opened by powerpoint 2007. Does anyone have idea how I can bulk convert those files to powerpoint 2003 format? Thanks James Steve has a macro here http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00740.htm -- john ATSIGN PPTAl...

Viewing MDI files in Office 2008?
How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please simplify it for me! MDI files can only be viewed in Microsoft Office Document Imaging, and that application is not available on the Macintosh. On 18/02/08 4:18, in article ee8dd44.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com" <Mac_Newbie@officeformac.com> wrote: > How do you view MDI files in Office 2008? I am a new Mac user so please > simplify it for me! -- Michel Bintener Microsoft MVP Office:mac (Entourage & Word) *** Please always reply to the newsgroup. *** Additional to...

coverting pub files to jpeg
How do i convert a multipage publisher file to jpeg so i can send to someone via email who does not have publisher? -- I am new to windows xp and am looking for help and guidance. I appreciate your time. Thanks people Convert it to pdf. You can get a free or inexpensive pdf converting program at: Primopdf at www.Primopdf.com it's free or a low cost program, PDF-XChange at; http://www.docu-track.com/ -- Don Vancouver USA "kezaaa" <kezaaa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8546816-9E55-4BB3-B03F-1D42555F98F6@microsoft.com... > How do i conver...

HIDDEN COLUMNS #3
SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! Click on the header for column C, highlighting the entire column. Without releasing the mouse, drag until you're over the column of row headers (on my version of Excel, in Office 2003, I see the tool tip change to '3C'). Now you should be able to Format > Column > Unhide. "acp20770" wrote: > SOMEHOW I'VE HIDDEN COLUMNS A AND B, AND NOW I CAN'T UNHIDE THEM. HELP! If you select the sheet then go to window and unhide it will restore the Hidden windows. "acp20770&q...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 2000 unable to restore public folders
Anyone has any ideas or links that will point me in the right direction on the correct way to restore a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 I'm using Veritas 8.6 Backup for Exchange. ...

How to open registry file both ASCII and Unicode versions
Hi, In my program i need to open a windows registry export file (both older ASCII REGEDIT4 and unicode regedit 5 formats) and parse the file for my programs requirements. The project is not and cannot be built as unicode (for other reasons). Once the file is opened I need to parse the file, read keys + values etc... Question is how do i do this? I have used CStdioFile, open as typeBinary and then fgetws(wcBuffer, nMax, importFile.m_pStream) Which works for unicode files, but how do i test whether a file is ASCII or Unicode in the first place? Any help would be much appreaciated, T...

Publisher should allow turning off HYPHENATION for entire file.
I do not want hyphenation on for my entire newsletter. Is there a way I can do that? I have searched and searched and cannot find how to do this. Thank you! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx...

Unable to Overwrite Existing Network File
I have been searching in vain for a solution to this problem for quite some time. What happens is that even when running a simple MFC program (i.e. created from the Wizard & run), I cannot overwrite an existing network file. I can create new files on the network without a problem. Also, no other programs installed on my machine have this problem (notpad, Word, etc.). I have checked my network permissions and I have every permission available on the target directory with the exception of "Full Control", "Change Permissions", and "Take Ownership". Does anyo...

Moving email folders/email msgs. from older version to Outlook 200
Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. Need help finding correct files and import/export process. "Greg G" <Greg G@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14C04831-4559-4F9A-9210-7B67575AC3CF@microsoft.com... > Moving email folders/email msgs. from Outlook 2000 to 2007 on Windows 7. > Need help finding correct files and import/export process. How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assi...

Outlook 2003-Cannot delete PST files
I started using trial version of Office Pro 2003. In Outlook, someow I ended up with 3 folders I want to delete at the left column under All Mail Folders. When I try to close them, I get "Operation failed. An object could not be found" message. Similar issue is discussed at KB292022, but it relates to Outlook 2000 and I could not find the key "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings\". I am not sure if I am using IMO or CW. Outlook 2003 does not indicate it at Help-About.... screen. Can anyone h...

Moving Public Folders #5
Is there anyway to move the hiearchy in the public folder listing? We have this +Public Folders Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 What we want is this: +Public Folders Organization Name Pub Folder1 Pub Folder2 Pub Folder3 There are over 20K items, so moving them by hand is definatly out of the question. How can we create a new top level folder then place all existing folders under that? ESM only selects one item, and PFDavAdmin doesnt seem like it can do it. Thanks. On Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:03:27 -0800, Vicnice <Vicnice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:...

E000000*.log files
I have an awful lot of these files in c:\program files\exchsrvr\mdbdata\ Can I simply delete them? No - Do a full Exchange Aware backup (such as NTBackup) and it will remove them. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Hades" <no@spam.ta> wrote in message news:40333f6b$0$7066$ed9e5944@reading.news.pipex.net...

Save file as readonly with password
is there a way for access to export a file to word (.rtf) as a read only file with a built in password to unprotect it? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Print to a file
My program has some methods that print to a printer OK. But I need to put labels on those files afterwards so it would be better to print them to a file first. The program calls GetPrinterDC() before starting the printing. Is there some update that will permit the user to print to a file? Thanks, E-Jo Hello E-Jo, Glad to see you. Generally speaking, if you want to save and add the information in current dc to a file, you can create a dc from a bmp and blt all informaiton from the src dc to the bmp. I notice you would like to put labels on a file after it is printed. I am afraid I...

Taking Ownership/Deleting Files on NTFS drive
A little background.... I work at a college and we've always redirected our user's desktop and My Documents to another drive letter on the computer (D:). When the next user logs in our login script deletes the directories and recreates them for the new user. We do this so that student's can store files under their profile when exams run. Under XP the D: drive is/was a FAT32 drive and we just used a file system object to delete the files and folders. Under Windows 7 you have to redirect directories to a location that can be indexed which a FAT 32 drive can't b...

Access 2003 file format advange?
We're upgrading our system from Access 2000 to Access 2003. I'm aware that version 2000 databases can be opened in Access 2003 without conversion, and it did, in fact open, but are there any benefits to converting the database to version 2003? Or, are there reasons why our 2000 database should NOT be converted to 2003? It's hard to beleive that it wouldn't matter one way or the other, and think there must be some advantage to converting to a file format of "2003" if we're using Access 2003. Many thanks in advance. On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 12:31:13 -0500, Si...

Display in folder list
We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 with Outlook 2002 clients. We have several associates that need access to other mailboxes. When you add these mailboxes into the folder list view, they are showing up after the Public Folders. We have also seen it where there you open up the Outlook client and the associate's mailbox is displaying after Public Folders instead of before. What is causing this to occur? ...

Count with Hidden cells
Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the cells that I have hidden? Depends on the version of excel, excel 2003 works like =SUBTOTAL(103,A1:A10) won't count hidden cells -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Stretch" <Stretch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F387E47-FC1F-4AEB-8A6C-2B37BC012DD1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to count the number of text filled cells excluding the > cells > that I have hidden? What does the 103 stand for? "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > Depends on the v...

Cant open saved files in Publisher Beta2 new version. Any advise
I have tried to open several save files in the new version of Publisher Beta 2, but alas it seems impossible. When clicking on recent files they can't find them and I have to browse for them, but when I find them I get the message cant open the file (s). Somebody having a good advise? Have you installed the beta refresh? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=B07A3387-01CF-4BC3-821A-0BB10E7A59FA&displayLang=en&oRef=blockedReferrer There are a number of fixes in the refresh. I cannot duplicate your error, Publisher 2007 opens all my files. Do you have Norton...

print spool large files
When we send a print job to our color laser printer, the original job is 67MB but it gets blown up after we send it to the printer to over 2GB. This makes the print job take forever to print the 10 page brochure. We have tried new drivers and different printers and we have all service packs installled. Thanks for any help that you may offer. Tony How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us Can you add RAM to your printer? Have you looked at the printe...

Reading file properties
I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set during the creation of the package file. Is there a C++ or C api function to access any of this information? Thanks Ray >I've got an install program that I packaged with PackageForTheWeb program. >If you go to the properties of the file you have different tabs available >showing you information (file versions, company name, etc) that was set >d...

Outlook 2007 account folders
I have multiple email accounts that come into my Outlook 2007 on my Vista 64 system. The accounts have been set up to go into theiur own folders, but all of a sudden.... they all go into th Inbox (most of the time). I have repaired, deleted/renewed each account, but this did not solve the problem. Please help! I wish I could help. Email clients can often cause problems. But this is a FrontPage group, and the expertise to solve this is not necessarily here. -- Trevor Lawrence Canberra Web Site http://trevorl.mvps.org "Pat the MBR DMB'r" <Pat the MBR DMB...

File format is not valid #2
Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. Can it be fixed? Thanks heaps. Is it an xls file? "FB" wrote: > Can anyone help me with this. I tried to open an existing file (which a > number of people have access to) and it has come up with this error. > Can it be fixed? > Thanks heaps. Yes. And it worked just fine a week ago prior to someone doing something to the file. "exceluserforeman" wrote: > Is it an xls file? > > "FB" wrote: >...

howto only create a .lib file instead of creating/linking a complete dll
hi all, i have a librariy around here that gets compiled and linked to a dll. at the time of linking, visual studio 6 also creates a .lib file. how can i split that compiling/linking ? what i want to achieve is just only to generate this .lib file (because at that time i cant completly link my libs because of its dependencies) i already tried to export the dsp to a makefile and run: nmake -d mylib.dsp /MAKE "mylib - Win32 release but it seems that this also wants to create a .lib and a .dll file at the same time so i tried to run: nmake -d mylib.dsp /MAKE mylib.lib "mylib - Win3...