Help with number field

In a table called Payments;
I have a field called CheckNumber.
Its data type is number
Its field size is Long Integer
Its format is General Number

Whenever the check number is more than 4 digits I get "1E+0" printed on the
receipt.

What am I overlooking?

Thanks for any help.

Dave
8/14/2007 2:01:14 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try making the CheckNumber text box larger.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In a table called Payments;
> I have a field called CheckNumber.
> Its data type is number
> Its field size is Long Integer
> Its format is General Number
>
> Whenever the check number is more than 4 digits I get "1E+0" printed on
> the receipt.
>
> What am I overlooking?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Douglas
8/14/2007 4:08:37 PM
On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 19:01:14 -0700, "Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote:

>In a table called Payments;
>I have a field called CheckNumber.
>Its data type is number
>Its field size is Long Integer
>Its format is General Number
>
>Whenever the check number is more than 4 digits I get "1E+0" printed on the
>receipt.
>
>What am I overlooking?

This is scientific notation; Access will switch to it (sometimes futilely, as
in this case) when there isn't enough space in the textbox to display the
number. For example, a check number "10054" will be printed as "1.0054E+04",
abbreviated to 1E+04 - but even THAT isn't going to fit if there's only room
for four characters in the textbox.

Nudge the textbox a bit wider, or make the font a bit smaller, and you'll see
all five digits.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/14/2007 7:43:04 PM
Didn't I just answer this question...

--
Gina Whipp

II
"Dave Eliot" <dave.eliot@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In a table called Payments;
> I have a field called CheckNumber.
> Its data type is number
> Its field size is Long Integer
> Its format is General Number
>
> Whenever the check number is more than 4 digits I get "1E+0" printed on
> the receipt.
>
> What am I overlooking?
>
> Thanks for any help.

Gina

Help with SUMPRODUCT
I was trying to set up a PivotTable and not having much success with it and it was suggested that I try the SUMPRODUCT function. I did but it returns a #VALUE! error. Each rows of my spreadsheet contains a specific project that was completed. In column C i have the name of the client who's name may come up several time throughout my spreadsheet. In column M i have the net profit for that specific project. It is my understanding that I can use the SUMPRODUCT function to add all the profit amounts for all the projects completed for a specific client. So for example, I want to add all the ...

'Add to contacts' option not available
Hello, On my Outlook 2003, I can bring up the GAL and right click a name and add it to my contacts. I look on other Outlook versions (01,02 and 03) and the right click says 'add to personal address book' or similar. How can I change this setting so it says 'add to contacts. We want users to use contacts exclusively and not PAB's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again, Mike Mikek <Mikek> wrote: > On my Outlook 2003, I can bring up the GAL and right click a name and > add it to my contacts. I'm very curious. Why do you want the contact in bot...

Need Help troubeshooting
I am running Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows Server Entrprise 2003 sp2. I have two front-end servers, and a back-end active/passive Exchange cluster. I was notified that we were experiencing problems and noted many delivery errors reported by Symantec Email Gateway (virus/spam) tool. I rebooted the troubled gateway and was flooded with messages from the prior day, and some even 2 days prior. Where did these messages come from? Is there an incoming queue of some sort? Also, when I look in the outbound queue, I see messages that are definitely not from our organization - why is this, ...

Repeat row numbers
Excel 2003 I need to number rows on a large spreadsheet from 1 - 27, and repeat 1 - 27, etc to the end. I'd rather not copy and paste! TIA Carole O Put 1 in a1, and this formula in A2, and copy down: =if(a1=27,1,a1+1) Regards, Fred "Carole O" <CaroleO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A01BD31-CEE3-45D9-B5B5-D0E060869E49@microsoft.com... > Excel 2003 > I need to number rows on a large spreadsheet from 1 - 27, and repeat 1 - > 27, > etc to the end. I'd rather not copy and paste! > > TIA > > Carole O...

Any font to surround number with a circle?
Looking to have a number surrounded with a circle to use for footnoting however I'd like to use a font that automatically formats the numbe entered into the cell to be encircled and not insert a drawing shape o top of the cell and then type in a number within the shape. Doe Wingdings or another font have this capability? Thanks -- Flamike ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Flamikey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=461 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26430 The Characte...

Help with SQL statement
-- Jon Kahn Confluence Kayaks ...

Export Fields in Design View of Access to Excel
Is there a way to take the fields in the Design view of a MS Access table (Field Name, Data Type and Description) and export that or copy and past it to excel? So for example, as we create our tables, we have Field Name Owner Data Type Text Description Owner of the Contact How could I export that...not the actual data in those fields but the field properties essentially? Did that make sense? Dano On Aug 21, 3:32 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Curious...why would you want to do that? > > You can get these field properties through VBA and then use ...

Need help converting a CString to 8 bit Ascii char string
I having a problem passing an 8 bit char string to an SDK api. What I am doing now is: "cs" is CString char cPAGER_CODE[16]; strcpy(cPAGER_CODE, (char *) (LPCSTR) cs); <-------is this converstion correct? The API to this SDK calls for an 8 bit char string to pass to it, but it doesn't like what I do. Any help on my conversion above? Thanks! jt Do you have UNICODE defined? If you do then you will have to convert from Unicode string, if not - you can use cs directly strcpy(cPager_Code, cs); -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "jt" <jtsof...

Help with dates in drop down menus
Hi everybody. Im not that great with excel (im only 17 and have no nee to use it) and I'm looking for some help. I was set a task in my IC class which was to create a spreadsheet that could be used by a trave agent. So far I've come up with the file I have attached. My teache says I've gone beyond what I need to do but there were a few things couldn't work out and they are really bugging me! Firstly. If I select say September for the month and 30 for the date when I change the month to february the date will stay as 30 eve though I have it set so that only dates upto 28 can ...

help with formula #32
=IF(A30="","",SUM(C3:C25)*ROUNDUP(Worksheet2!G3/G1,0)) I only need to Sum (C3:C25) ONCE, Then after that, Sum (C3:C10) for the remaining. Example: If G3 lets say is 100 and G1 is lets say 25 then Sum C3:C25 only ONCE then Sum C3:C10 for the remaining count which is 75 in this example. C3:C25 is formatted as time, so is G4 where this formula is. With this formula NOW it shows a total of 8 hours. The way I need this formulas end result is to be 2.5 hours. Thanks in Advance!!! ...

Great Plains Field Service
Hi, I'm working with a client right now who would like me to provide an onverview of Great Plains Field Service. Can anyoner provide me with any top level overview documents and an idea of pricing ? Any help will be appreciated. I have a lot of information on Field Service for Great Plains - the software does a great job for my clients, but is rather pricey to purchase and install. There are many items to consider when looking at Field Service: What type of industry is your client in? Will your be accepting and repairing parts and inventory? Do your client's client's have servi...

Searching for a field that is a number
I have a search form with a control called txtsearch. When the user enters characters into txtsearch and then presses Enter my form shows all the records which include the characters. However all the controls I'm searching are text fields but there is one control that is a number field, txtrefnbr and I want to include that in my search. How do I change my code to add the number field to the criteria. Here is my code: Private Sub txtSearch_KeyPress(KeyAscii As Integer) If KeyAscii = 13 Then 'execute search Debug.Print "Search for " & Me.txtSearch.Value...

number of pages
Word 2007 - when I create a doc and send it to the office, they receive the doc, plus 28 blank pages. In the bottom corner of my doc, I discovered it shows 1 0f 29 pages. How do I fix this to be 1 of 1 on every future doc? Thanks in advance. Please see yesterday's reply in microsoft.public.office.misc -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "BevP" <BevP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E805FD6B-67CF-4008-A1CF-79AD47EC2A0F@microsoft.com... > Word 2007 - when I create a doc and send it to the office, they receive the > doc, p...

I would think this would be easy to fix. Can you help?
I have what I believe to be an easy problem here for somebody that knows Exchange a little better than I. I have two Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 Servers. When I am in Active Directory Users And Computers - at the point where it asks if I want to create a mail account for the user, it's default is the wrong mail server (because it's listed in alphabetical order). How can I change it so that the second mail server will be the default that all new mailboxes will be stored on? Thanks! I don't think you can change that...the servers/databases will appear in alphabetical order... ...

Please help with Win XP recovery!!!
Hi I would really appreciate any help with this. My antivirus found that a .dll file was infected and so I told it to delete the file. Didn't know this would be a mistake... Now the pc won't load into windows. It just hangs half way through boot up. I do have data on the drive I want to try to recover if possible so if anyone can give me some ideas about what I should try to get it up and running again that would be amazing. The file was ws2_32.dll PC is running WinXP Pro SP3 I have one hard drive partitioned into C: (Win install) and D: (apps and files) THANKS!...

Having Pb openning/saving fax(Tif format) on Outlook 2003 since a Week plz help
Hi All, Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't chage anything to my outlook config, before that I could receive fax read and save them wihout any Pb Thank's for your help Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "bbnimda" <wahhhran-vba@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:OlOz1OqRHHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't > chage > anything to my outlook config, > > before that I could receive fax read and save t...

How do I create numbered tickets, several per page?
Using Publisher 2003: I have four tickets per sheet. Using Page Numbering, all tickets on each sheet have same number. Using Master Page was no help. You need to use a merge. Measure your ticket, input this number into page setup, change copies per sheet if needed. You will have one ticket on the screen. Open the catalog & mail merge wizard and follow the steps. Here is a tutorial on consecutive numbering. http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Scottish Rite Bo...

Missing JE Lines
Posting is set to Post to GL from subsidary modules. Can post a batch in AP, creates a Batch in GL, but the JE in the Batch does not have any distribution lines. Same with AR, SOP, etc. A GL entry made in the GL is fine. SY00500 has records, GL10000 has records, but GL10001 does not have rows. Any ideas?? Jen - I just posted To GL from AP here in a test GP instance. I can pull child rows in GL10001 using JRNENTRY number found in GL10000. In GP under posting setup for AP payables entry I had "create a journal entry per transaction" radio button clicked. -- If this ...

Entering or searching for tracking number in User-Defined in STE
I am a regular user, not an administrator, but I have been requested to add tracking numbers to our current orders/invoices that we do on a daily basis. Currently i have been requested to add the tracking numbers to the User-Defined fields ( on the upper left hand corner) from the Sales Transaction entry Screen. If anyone can suggest a better place to put it so it not so tedious to enter that would be helpful. Trying to basically find a way to input many tracking numbers at the same time ( by using a scanner) into the correct field on an order. Also, Is it possible to be able to use...

Help with Margins
I am creating a document that needs to be cut into fourths. I have lined everything up so that each half will be perfect, each finished sheet will be 4.25x5.5. When I print it, it doesn't line up anymore, and I don't know why. It seems like there is a small margin when you print that does not show on the screen. Any ideas? Is each forth going to be the same? If it is use the postcard setup and center your creation on the card. You will have one card on the screen, it will make it easier for you to work with. Where is this small margin? If it is on the right, then it is a limitat...

Question about Full Name field
When I typed in the ''FullName field'' without clicking on the button, the contact name is saved like FirstName,LastName. Even if I changed the way the contacts are displaied with the File As = LastName, FirstName. But if I click on the button FullName, and I type the FirstName and LastName in the window, then the contact's name is saved correctly like LastName,FirstName. Is the way it's suppose to be or we can change the way that Outlook use the FullName field ? Shidewa it sounds like outlook isn't recognizing the format you are using for the name. It thin...

Database Reference Formula Help
Let's try this again. I posted this earlier, but somehow my reply never appeared to the original even though a successful confirmation appeared.... So, we'll give it another try. I have a question and answer database that I am maintaining. Each question has an ID number. Additionally, each answer for the question has other relevant questions linked to that answer. What I want to do is to create a column in this database that will tell me for each question ID, what other questions it's linked to, so when it comes time to change a question or answer, I know whic...

4.0 customization help
When creating a new activity > phone call and I click on the Recipient lookup, I get an Account lookup screen and it only returns account names and i want it to return more, like account name and Address 1:City. I am not sure of the name of this view, but I can't seem to find it by trial and error. Anybody point me in the general direction? thanks, chris Hi Chris, There is no supported way to add more columns/change the view of the multi-record lookup dialog. Unfortunately it only shows you the primary display value for the record you are looking up. Dave > When creating...

Page Numbers Wrong
I had a strange problem in Word 2003. I have a 44 page document, a legal pleading, complete with vertical lines in a header or footer along with line numbers. Page numbers are in the footer on each page. Here's the odd part: The first page of this 44 page document is numbered 45! And the 44th page is 88! But it's not just in the footer. On the first page of the document at the bottom of the Window on one of those bars Word tells me: "Page 45 Sec 1 1/44..." I solved the problem by first creating a legal template using the Pleading Wizard, adjusting veryth...

Summing the numbers in a cell that conyains text
Hi...i need to add the numbers in several cells but the cells als contain text....how can i sum these numbers with out deleting the tex firs -- klatla ----------------------------------------------------------------------- klatlap's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1290 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=31936 Hi could you provide some examples of your data. e.g. - is the number in the middle, the beginning or end of this cell - fixed position of the numeric part - etc. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany &...