Help!!!!!....Too Few Parameters

Hello Everyone/Anyone...first time posting...after having gained valuable
tips from others' posts.

I didn't know which board (Access/Excel) I should have posted this query (no
pun intended) but here goes....This is a step by step account of my
pridicament:

In Access:
Step 1---I have 2 linked PRN files in a database with identical field names.
Step 2---I create a single named query dumping all fields from both linked
files (via SELECT/UNION statements) with additional field within the query
that identifies my records from each linked file.
Step 3---Query runs great, I get results I anticipate.

In Excel:
Step 3---I go into Excel and access the query data via external data source
to create a pivot table.
Step 4---Everything works fine in locating and selecting fields (I select
all fields) from the above named query....then wham...when I hit the finish
button I get the subject referenced error.

Any help would be appreciated.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Do you use any VBA functions in your query? If so, you cannot use the query
from outside of Access.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Morpheus" <Morpheus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Everyone/Anyone...first time posting...after having gained valuable
> tips from others' posts.
>
> I didn't know which board (Access/Excel) I should have posted this query
> (no
> pun intended) but here goes....This is a step by step account of my
> pridicament:
>
> In Access:
> Step 1---I have 2 linked PRN files in a database with identical field
> names.
> Step 2---I create a single named query dumping all fields from both linked
> files (via SELECT/UNION statements) with additional field within the query
> that identifies my records from each linked file.
> Step 3---Query runs great, I get results I anticipate.
>
> In Excel:
> Step 3---I go into Excel and access the query data via external data
> source
> to create a pivot table.
> Step 4---Everything works fine in locating and selecting fields (I select
> all fields) from the above named query....then wham...when I hit the
> finish
> button I get the subject referenced error.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
Douglas

Help with WSDL (XSD) compiler
Hi, We like to consume a web service. This web service implement a OTA service (this service result Schema is available under http://www.opentravel.org/2005B/OTA_AirAvailRS.xsd). Doesn’t matter witch client proxy generation tool we use (VS 2005 “Add Web Reference”, VS 2005 “Add Service Reference”, WSDL.exe, svcutil.exe, and we also try WSCF – Web Services Contract First Tool from thinktecture and Christian Weyer) doesn’t work. The tools works but the generate wrong code. The schema looks: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <xs:schema id="Schem...

Need help bring over GP 7.0 data to new a GP 8.0 server.
I'm setting up a GP 8.0 Test Server with SQL 2000 SP3a installed. How do I bring my Great Plains 7.0 Data into the GP 8.0 envirnoment? Thanks in advance, The easiest way is the following: On the 7.0 server, detach DYNAMICS. Copy the DYNAMICS mdf and ldf file from the 7.0 to the 8.0 server. On the 8.0 server, attach and browse to the mdf that you copied. On the 7.0 server, attach DYNAMICS. Repeat for all databases. If you also need the sql logins from the 7.0 server, there is a TK on how to do this (uses a table called RecoveryMaster within Dynamics db). If you can go without the s...

Runtime Parameters in Access
How do I pass a parameter to an application at runtime? Specifically, a parameter that AutoExec can examine in order to determine which of two functions it should run. I've tried to solve the problem by using the /x MyMacroName, but AutoExec seems to override that. On Mon, 31 Dec 2007 18:13:02 -0800, "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote: AutoExec runs before MyMacroName. So it's up to you to structure your code such that this works for your purposes. -Tom. >How do I pass a parameter to an application >at runtime? Specifically, a parameter that >AutoExe...

Help with Charts
:confused -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I work in a Doctors surgery and I'm creating a Spread Sheet for select number of patients to monitor their blood results. I need about 30 charts on each patients sheet, To save me doing eac one seperately I have tryed to copy and paste them in to the nex patients details.... But all the charts refer to the previous patient details. Is there anyway of copying them so that they relate to th sheet they are copied in to? Thanx Alexandra Huckerby (fustrated and tired!! -- ~lexy -----------------...

Excel Formula Help
I need to create a spreadsheet to calculate my weekly payroll. The timecards are punched in a timeclock which prints out the in and out times. for example, in at 7:30 am out at 5:00 pm. It also gives me a running total of the number of hours accumulated. I want to take the total number of hours and minutes and convert that to a decimal. If an employee has 32:35 minutes total time accumulated, then using a formula in an excel spreadsheet, I want to see these hours in decimal format, i.e., 32.58 Anyone know how to help me do this? Thanks! might want to try microsoft.public.excel Mat...

Help with MSN Synchronization-Money 2007
Hello, I have been using money for several years and have just recently upgraded to money 2007. Anyhow, I've noticed since I started using it my information has not updated on MSN money the web site (account transactions,balances, etc.) It also does not show my balance on my checking account (it says N/A) and it used to show it before. Is there some setting that has gotten screwed up somehow? Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know if any fixes? I've done everything the knowledge base article said-no results. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Dan Money comes wit...

Help creating two listings from one record
I have extracted "members" from my database. One record will contain LastName and FirstName, and may also contain SpouseName. Because I am creating membership cards in Publisher, I think I probably should actually create another query or ?? that contains one record with either [FirstName LastName] or [SpouseName LastName] Probablyl something like ... If SpouseName greater spaces List SpouseName LastName else next sentence. List FirstName LastName I don't have a clue how to do this in Access. Appreciate all help. Try this -- [FirstName] &a...

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

Context Sensitive Help
Hi All, I am using winHelp and creating context sensitive help. Every thing is working fine but it is not showing index tab after running ..hlp file.. Secondly when I click to Find tab it show me error Unable to display the Find tab.(177) As I am not much aware of help creation. Help me for good tutorial or suggest solution for this problem Thanx in Advance. Vivek --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.684 / Virus Database: 446 - Release Date: 5/13/2004 Vivek, > I am using winHelp and creating context sensi...

MSScriptControl.ScriptControl help
Her is my powershell code: $vbsCode = Get-Content "c:\scripts\CreateMailbox.vbs" $vbs = New-Object -ComObject MSScriptControl.ScriptControl $vbs.language = "VBScript" $vbs.addCode([string]::Join("'n",$vbsCode)) #$vbs | Get-Member $vbs.CreateMailbox() Here is my vbscript code: Function CreateMailbox(Server,User) Dim oExchsrv Dim sDispName oExchsrv = Server sDispName = User Set oUser = GetObject ("LDAP://cn=" & sDispName & ",ou=New Accounts,dc=stormontvail,dc=org") WScript.Echo sSamAcct & " mailbox cr...

Drop Down Box Help
Hi I am new to using Excel more interactively. I am able to create drop down box so a user can choose a day of the week for example. But I want to be able to populate other cells in the column dependin on the choice from the drop down list. e.g. choose Tuesday from a list of days of the week in A2 and have B2 C2 etc filled with related data. Is this at all possible? Thank you in advance -- smcka ----------------------------------------------------------------------- smckay's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3582 View this thread: http://www.exc...

Help with formula please #3
Hello, I need a formula that can do the following: -give an average minutes and seconds per phone call This is the data that I will be entering: Calls: 120 Total talk time (hours): 4 Total talk time (minutes): 47 Total talk time (seconds): 52 Thank you Assuming the hours will not be greater than 23. Try this: B1 = 120 B2 = 4 B3 = 47 B4 = 52 =TIME(B2,B3,B4)/B1 Format as m:ss or h:m:ss -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Jimmy H" <spokenwords@gmail.com> wrote in message news:658b55fd-93e6-4eea-b11f-585544d97364@m7g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I need a...

help needed with repeated copy/paste special
[image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/backload.gif] [image: http://home.cogeco.ca/~rbhayana/mastertable.gif] I ran into a lot of work and am wondering if anyone can help me out. Help would be greatly appreciated because going thru 19272 records for copying and pasting is driving me insane. :mad: These are the 2 files I'm dealing with (see pictures above). Top one is backload file and the one underneath is mastertable. As you can see, FundataKey is common to both files. The values of Fundatakey are not repeated in mastertable however are repeated in the backload file. What...

Hlookup help
I have a spreadsheet with 23 columns and 361 rows. I am looking to see if I can use HLOOKUP to show me the lowest price in columns G-K-P. The other columns have different data in them. Is there a way to use HLOOKUP or something else to do this? Excel 2007 Thanks in advance. Ed Are you looking for the lowest value in G,K and P for a certain item (maybe it is named in A)? We need a bit more to go on! best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "Ed S" <southfloridaed@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:B031D5D3-ECF6-4105-8807...

Calculating Dates, PlEASE HELP! THANKS!
Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date in Access: so 3/29/08 in cell A1 and 5/3/08 in cell A2 and return the value in B1 of 35. How do I do this? Thanks! In Excell the formula looks like this: =IF(+A1-A2>0,A1-A2,0) Is this an Access question? If so, then post you table and field names with datatype, sample data, and what you want the results to look like. -- Build a little, test a little. "kritter0021" wrote: > Ok, If I want to calculate the difference of a date with the following date > in Access: ...

need some help with: formatting of x2 dates in 1 cell
Hi and thanks to anyone who reads this. I have a worksheet which contains two columns of dates. In a second worksheet i have a column which adds the two dates together as TEXT and ommits dates which are blank which works perfectly, however: I would like to know how i could format each of the 2 dates in the 1 cell to have different font colors? Here is my existing cell formula: =IF('Data'!E2=0,"",(TEXT('Data'!E2,"dd/mm/yy"))&" "&IF('Data'!F2=0,"",TEXT('Data'!F2,"dd/mm/yy"))) I have a feeling its not...

Help: Need to delete duplicates
I have an access table that has over 470,000 rows. I need to delete the duplicates. None of the "append" query ideas will work as it involves copying and pasing the structure, and Access won't allow me to copy 470,000 rows. Does anyone have a suggestion on how to accomplish this? What error do you get when you run the append query? It could be that the file size is nearing the 2 GB limit. First make a backup copy of the database then run a compact and repair. Then try the append query ideas. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bont...

Report based on parameter query
I have a report that is based on an ordinary parameter query (i.e. right now it pops up dialogs asking for three values that it needs for its where clause). I use this query in several places, so I don't want to make the parameters dependent on specific form controls, which is the only information I've been able to find on google on feeding parameters in a report query's Recordsource. What I actually want to happen is to make a button in the main switchboard which, when pressed, will look up those values in a different query I already have and then use those to populate th...

Weird Excel Problem
Hi, A bit of a challenge for you (because it certainly is for me).... I am having the exact same problem as the person in the following link on a brand new install of Excel 2000 http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:M1a0i0PvSi4J:www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_Office/Q_11280537.html+excel+cannot+find+c:%5Cprogram.xls &hl=en&start=1 Towards the end of the page the person solves the problem (related to DDE - Dynamic Data Exchange) but isn't explicit..... but he does mention a KB article on Microsoft Support. Can I find the solution? Can I hell!!! Anyone use some new eyes/...

Help! Crystal Hist Stock Status Report
We just changed our procedures in Sales Order Processing so the GL Posting Date is different than the Document Date. This has caused a problem with the Crystal Report that works as an inventory stock status report. I can fix it if I can get access to the GL posting date. My report has the following tables, IV00101, IV00102 & IV30300. The IV30300 only has a document date field available. Anybody know how I can tie this report to another table to get the GL posting date? The GP hist stock status can do this because it has a report option to key off the GL posting date. I believ...

Blank Spaces Help
Is there a way to make the spaces between the " "'s be determined by the length of characters of Sheet2!G9. What I need is a total of 8 characters including the spaces that precede the number (Sheet2!G9) . Example first number is 43 . I need the number of spaces to be 6 then my number Second number is 120. I need the number of spaces to be 5 then my number I was trying to use LEN but couldn't get anywhere. =CONCATENATE(" ",Sheet2!G9,Sheet2!H9) Any help suggestions would be appreciated T.I.A. dayton, try this formula which adds spaces to the beginning o...

Need Help
Hi, We are using a Great Plains Dynamics 5.0 system. The client machine was recently attacked with viruses and I am trying to set up a new machine as a client. The error I am currently getting is "Files for this company have not been updated." when I try to log into one of the companies in Dynamics. I accidentally installed (halfway) the 5.5 client rather than the 5.0 client. Is it possible this updated some files on the server that I can roll back from a backup tape? Somethings I have read mention something about performing an update from within Dynamics Utilities, howe...

Sql Server 2005. Best configuration and parameters.
Hi, We have a website (.NET 2.0 on IIS 6.0) and a Sql Server 2005 (9.0.4035) running on the same machine, a Windows Server 2003 R2 Service Pack 2 with 8 GB RAM (Xeon E5405 2 Ghz). The website works with stored procedures. And max 20 users at the same time. We are wondering the best following parameters for this particular configuration... So, we have 2 questions: Firstable, what is the best configuration for the 8 processors (0 --> 7) for the processor affinity and the I/O affinity ? Today we have: Id Proc Proc Affinity I/O Afiinity 0 1 ...

Help! Technologically challenged.
I am trying to use outlook express for all my business communication. I have a laptop with office outlook express and have successfully managed to get my email from my bellsouth account to transfer to outlook automatically. I have even managed to get them to transfer to my new "blackberry" type phone. I cannot seem to get the address's from the email account to transfer to outlook. I get a LDAP message. I would also like to save the incoming address's. I have folders on my bellsouth email that I save each clients incoming and outgoing emails in. The emails are ...

Sorting Problems (Help)
I have a simple spreadsheet that was emailed to me, and I needed to sort one of the columns (6 digit number), and all but 6 records sort. I have tried to highlight the entire column, and format it to numbers, text (It was General), I even tried to retype the six fields, but they still won't sort numerically. What's up with this BG (Bill Gates) silly program? I am missing something simple? Rich try Sub ConvertThem() 'Harald Staff Dim C As Range For Each C In Intersect(Selection, _ ActiveSheet.UsedRange) If Not C.HasFormula Then If IsNumeric(C.Value) Then C.Value = C.Value...