Help Receipt Printing

I need to know how to do really fast Receipt printing.
I have a Point of sale application which prints a sales Receipt.
The printer is a Citizen CBM1000
I created a report to print the receipt when the transaction finished but it
is really slow compared to Applications like MYOB retail manager.
Can any one help with this?

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

The one trick in most of these cases is simply to install the printer driver
that comes with the actual device, and then be sure that you only use the
printer fonts that the device supports.

This often means do not use truetype fonts at all, but only the several
printer fonts that get installed when you actually installed device. you can
also often itchy of the same gold by installing a generic Epson printer
device, and choosing and using only the generic printer fonts again. once
again, ensure that you avoid all truetype fonts.

If you take the above path and follow it, you should be able to get high
performance high speed printing from your applications....

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert
2/12/2008 1:32:33 AM
that sounds good. i had installed the driver that came with the printer.  but
how do you find out what the printer fonts are! there is nothing in the
driver info to tell me.

> that sounds good. i had installed the driver that came with the printer.
> but
> how do you find out what the printer fonts are! there is nothing in the
> driver info to tell me.

When you start building the access report (and I do SUGGEST you start from
scratch), you nothing when you select he font you will see  TT, or a simple
printer icon in the font drop down list. Stick to the "printer" type icons
for the fonts (you likely only have 1 or 2 choices). It been awhile, but the
fonts are usually called elite, courier etc.

That fond will/should be a 10, or 12 cpi type front. Also, be VERY careful
to line up text boxes on each line, and then make sure there is a wee bit of
space between the text boxes you place on the next line below. Remember, you
want coax the printer into using NON graphics to output the text layout you
choose.

If the printer has to resort to graphics for the output of the report, then
it will run very very slow.

Another solltuion that can help is to istall a text onlyl printer, and again
you may have better luck selecting text/printer only fonts...

If all the above faiels, you might consier outputing a text file, and then
"copy" that text file to the printer.  it's been a awhile since I done
that..but, that's also a possbile way to advoid kicking out graphics.

I don't suppose I'm adding much more information at this point in time by
telling you that you want to advoid any graphical type layout such as lines
etc in your report....
--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

0
Albert
2/12/2008 4:08:22 AM
thanks for all that and it soundes realy good but will it make the printing
much faster?
the printer we are using is a new thermal high speed 40 colum printer
dedicated Receipt Printer. MYOB retail manager prints out aproximatly 10 to
15 lines of alighned test in aproximatly 2 to 3 seconds

> thanks for all that and it soundes realy good but will it make the
> printing
> much faster?

Generally, yes, it does make those dot matrix and other printers run fast
since you using the "built in" printing system, not rending the output as
graphics.

> the printer we are using is a new thermal high speed 40 colum printer
> dedicated Receipt Printer. MYOB retail manager prints out aproximatly 10
> 15 lines of alighned test in aproximatly 2 to 3 seconds

Well, as far as I know, MYOB is written i ms-access...is it not??? (at least
I thought it was...).

If the playing around and building a test report using those printer only
fronts don't fix this, then you have to consider the other approach (the
text file idea, or even perhaps opening the device directly..and using print
command (the manual for the printer likely has some code examples).

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada
pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

0
Albert
2/12/2008 10:48:15 AM
hi albert
well i tryed creatin a new report using printer fonts and i beleve they are
the ones that shiped with this printer the font name is "fontA48c" and has a
priner simbel next to it this is simular to the paper size name in the
windows print driver. i set all the text to 10 point on printing it made very
littel differance at all.
i then tryed putting all the text together and puting it all in to a text
box, this mad a littel differance but not much.

yes MYOB retail manager is MSAssecc 95 i have my application linked to its
tables to be able to share an inventery file.

i wish i could figer out how they are doing there docket printing!

"Albert D. Kallal" wrote:

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > thanks for all that and it soundes realy good but will it make the
> > printing
> > much faster?
>
> Generally, yes, it does make those dot matrix and other printers run fast
> since you using the "built in" printing system, not rending the output as
> graphics.
>
> > the printer we are using is a new thermal high speed 40 colum printer
> > dedicated Receipt Printer. MYOB retail manager prints out aproximatly 10
> > 15 lines of alighned test in aproximatly 2 to 3 seconds
>
> Well, as far as I know, MYOB is written i ms-access...is it not??? (at least
> I thought it was...).
>
> If the playing around and building a test report using those printer only
> fronts don't fix this, then you have to consider the other approach (the
> text file idea, or even perhaps opening the device directly..and using print
> command (the manual for the printer likely has some code examples).
>

> --
> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

I had a similiar issue last year when I hooked up 4 new replacement receipt
printers on my Windows based POS installation. Nothing had changed within
the settings of the POS app but I still was not getting the Printer fonts as
before the upgrade. It came down to settings within the Printer driver
itself.
One setting was obvious - Use Printer Fonts.
The other setting was I think linked to the current selection for
resolution. I believe I had to reduce the resolution setting in order to get
the same exact font and printing speed as on the old printers.

A new thermal printer, driven with its built in printer fonts, should render
a standard receipt in less than 1 second(yes, I've tested this). Basically,
to my eye, it can render a receipt as fast as the printer can feed the
paper.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

> hi albert
> well i tryed creatin a new report using printer fonts and i beleve they
> are
> the ones that shiped with this printer the font name is "fontA48c" and has
> priner simbel next to it this is simular to the paper size name in the
> windows print driver. i set all the text to 10 point on printing it made
> very
> littel differance at all.
> i then tryed putting all the text together and puting it all in to a text
> box, this mad a littel differance but not much.
>
> yes MYOB retail manager is MSAssecc 95 i have my application linked to its
> tables to be able to share an inventery file.
>
> i wish i could figer out how they are doing there docket printing!
>
> "Albert D. Kallal" wrote:
>
>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > thanks for all that and it soundes realy good but will it make the
>> > printing
>> > much faster?
>>
>> Generally, yes, it does make those dot matrix and other printers run fast
>> since you using the "built in" printing system, not rending the output as
>> graphics.
>>
>> > the printer we are using is a new thermal high speed 40 colum printer
>> > dedicated Receipt Printer. MYOB retail manager prints out aproximatly
>> > 10
>> > 15 lines of alighned test in aproximatly 2 to 3 seconds
>>
>> Well, as far as I know, MYOB is written i ms-access...is it not??? (at
>> least
>> I thought it was...).
>>
>> If the playing around and building a test report using those printer only
>> fronts don't fix this, then you have to consider the other approach (the
>> text file idea, or even perhaps opening the device directly..and using
>> print
>> command (the manual for the printer likely has some code examples).
>>

>> --
>> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
>> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
>> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

0
Stephen
2/13/2008 3:52:30 AM
hi what you are saying is corect but how do i do this. i have looked at the
printer driver and i cannot see any place that i can tell it to use built in
fonts or chang any resolution settings! can this be do with vba code?

"Stephen Lebans" wrote:

> I had a similiar issue last year when I hooked up 4 new replacement receipt
> printers on my Windows based POS installation. Nothing had changed within
> the settings of the POS app but I still was not getting the Printer fonts as
> before the upgrade. It came down to settings within the Printer driver
> itself.
> One setting was obvious - Use Printer Fonts.
> The other setting was I think linked to the current selection for
> resolution. I believe I had to reduce the resolution setting in order to get
> the same exact font and printing speed as on the old printers.
>
> A new thermal printer, driven with its built in printer fonts, should render
> a standard receipt in less than 1 second(yes, I've tested this). Basically,
> to my eye, it can render a receipt as fast as the printer can feed the
> paper.
>
> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebans
> http://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi albert
> > well i tryed creatin a new report using printer fonts and i beleve they
> > are
> > the ones that shiped with this printer the font name is "fontA48c" and has
> > priner simbel next to it this is simular to the paper size name in the
> > windows print driver. i set all the text to 10 point on printing it made
> > very
> > littel differance at all.
> > i then tryed putting all the text together and puting it all in to a text
> > box, this mad a littel differance but not much.
> >
> > yes MYOB retail manager is MSAssecc 95 i have my application linked to its
> > tables to be able to share an inventery file.
> >
> > i wish i could figer out how they are doing there docket printing!
> >
> > "Albert D. Kallal" wrote:
> >
> >> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Generally, yes, it does make those dot matrix and other printers run fast
> >> since you using the "built in" printing system, not rending the output as
> >> graphics.

> >> Well, as far as I know, MYOB is written i ms-access...is it not??? (at
> >> least
> >> I thought it was...).
> >>
> >> If the playing around and building a test report using those printer only
> >> fronts don't fix this, then you have to consider the other approach (the
> >> text file idea, or even perhaps opening the device directly..and using
> >> print
> >> command (the manual for the printer likely has some code examples).
> >>

> >> --
> >> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
> >> Edmonton, Alberta Canada
> >> pleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com

Steve, every printer driver has na option to set the QUALITY/RESOLUTION of
the ouput. Look again.

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

> hi what you are saying is corect but how do i do this. i have looked at
> the
> printer driver and i cannot see any place that i can tell it to use built
> in
> fonts or chang any resolution settings! can this be do with vba code?
>
> "Stephen Lebans" wrote:
>
>> I had a similiar issue last year when I hooked up 4 new replacement
>> receipt
>> printers on my Windows based POS installation. Nothing had changed within
>> the settings of the POS app but I still was not getting the Printer fonts
>> as
>> before the upgrade. It came down to settings within the Printer driver
>> itself.
>> One setting was obvious - Use Printer Fonts.
>> The other setting was I think linked to the current selection for
>> resolution. I believe I had to reduce the resolution setting in order to
>> get
>> the same exact font and printing speed as on the old printers.
>>
>> A new thermal printer, driven with its built in printer fonts, should
>> render
>> a standard receipt in less than 1 second(yes, I've tested this).
>> Basically,
>> to my eye, it can render a receipt as fast as the printer can feed the
>> paper.
>>
>> --
>>
>> HTH
>> Stephen Lebans
>> http://www.lebans.com
>> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
>> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>>

>> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hi albert
>> > well i tryed creatin a new report using printer fonts and i beleve they
>> > are
>> > the ones that shiped with this printer the font name is "fontA48c" and
>> > has
>> > priner simbel next to it this is simular to the paper size name in the
>> > windows print driver. i set all the text to 10 point on printing it
>> > made
>> > very
>> > littel differance at all.
>> > i then tryed putting all the text together and puting it all in to a
>> > text
>> > box, this mad a littel differance but not much.
>> >
>> > yes MYOB retail manager is MSAssecc 95 i have my application linked to
>> > its
>> > tables to be able to share an inventery file.
>> >
>> > i wish i could figer out how they are doing there docket printing!

0
Stephen
3/1/2008 4:21:58 AM
hi
well i have looked again and ther is no place to ajust the print quolity. it
is pre set and can not be changed. as i said this is a Citizen CBM 1000
Receipt printer (THERMAIL) i am shor ther must be another way to do this
using VBA code as MYOB retail Maniger is on the same net work and using the
same printer and print driver and as youy said it prints as fast as it can
feed the paper yet Access prints realy slowly! ther has to be an answer to
this.

"Stephen Lebans" wrote:

> Steve, every printer driver has na option to set the QUALITY/RESOLUTION of
> the ouput. Look again.
>
> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebans
> http://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>

> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hi what you are saying is corect but how do i do this. i have looked at
> > the
> > printer driver and i cannot see any place that i can tell it to use built
> > in
> > fonts or chang any resolution settings! can this be do with vba code?
> >
> > "Stephen Lebans" wrote:
> >
> >> I had a similiar issue last year when I hooked up 4 new replacement
> >> receipt
> >> printers on my Windows based POS installation. Nothing had changed within
> >> the settings of the POS app but I still was not getting the Printer fonts
> >> as
> >> before the upgrade. It came down to settings within the Printer driver
> >> itself.
> >> One setting was obvious - Use Printer Fonts.
> >> The other setting was I think linked to the current selection for
> >> resolution. I believe I had to reduce the resolution setting in order to
> >> get
> >> the same exact font and printing speed as on the old printers.
> >>
> >> A new thermal printer, driven with its built in printer fonts, should
> >> render
> >> a standard receipt in less than 1 second(yes, I've tested this).
> >> Basically,
> >> to my eye, it can render a receipt as fast as the printer can feed the
> >> paper.
> >>
> >> --
> >>
> >> HTH
> >> Stephen Lebans
> >> http://www.lebans.com
> >> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> >> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
> >>

> >> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Help! Outlook 2000 multiple e-mail accounts.
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000. I have set up five different email accounts and when I click on "Send/Receive" I can see the five accounts listed, but when I click on any one of them, the Inbox does not change, it stays with the Default Inbox. Even the Login window appears and I enter the login info, it still stays with the Default Inbox. At this point I cnanot access other e-mail accounts other than the Default one which appears everytime I open Outlook. Any suggestions/comments/assistances is much appreciated. Thank you. Thomas Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail ...

Printing data forms
I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is there a way? In some event of the form (a button, a click of the form itself, whatever): Me.PrintForm "Curious" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:170101c47bf9$f9191420$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I would like to be able to print Excel data forms. Is > there a way? If you mean the form you get when you do Data=>Form with the form displayed, do Alt+Print Screen. then drop the form and go to a new worksheet and do Edit=>Paste This will put an image of the form on the worksheet and yo...

How can I get MS Publisher 2002 to print on Avery 8371 template?
I am trying to print a business card on an Avery 8371 template. Publisher 2002 always defaults to an Avery for Word Wizard. The 8371 business card is a standard 3.5 x 2. http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=product.Details&catalogcode=WEB01&node=10211401&productcode=5371 In Publisher, file, page setup, business card... Click "change copies per sheet" .75 side, .5 top, zero gaps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helmer" <Helmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A531...

Help: Budget doesn't load bills for entire year
Budget reports only show the bill from the month it was created August and forward. Since I just upgraded from Quicken, all of the bills were paid before this month. How can I make money realize that the budget should include these as well. ...

Print 2 receipts when selling item with rebate?
Is there any way to program rms to print multiple receipts on particullar items, for example I sell an automatic pool cleaner that has two differant mail in rebates and we always supply the customer with duplicate receipts Victor Out of the box, no. The easiest way is to train cashiers to use the Reprint function when they need a second copy. The other option is to configure the receipts to print 2 copies every time, but that's probably a waste of paper. I'm pretty sure this could be accomplished as a customization using the HTML status bar and QSBridge, but you would need a ...

PLEASE HELP--ERROR MESSSAGE
I have two error messages. The reason why I am getting this is because I got a new computer and I copied my old outlook information and put it in the new computer. Everytime I open my outlook this message appears and the only thin I have to do is click ok and everything works. But how do I fix it? I did reload outlook serval times and there error message still comes even if I do not put my old information in it. Error 1: "The add-in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\SBCMSYNC.DLL" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repai...

"Print Quote For Customer"
Using the Outlook client this option is under the file menu when you have a quote open. What template does this use and where do I download it from? ...

Can I only allow printing to pdf in Excel?
I have created a template in Excel which has been set up so that the layout is perfect when printing to pdf (which is how the document will mostly be used) but the layout changes if printing direct to our printer. Is there a way that I can ONLY allow printing to pdf from this document? Hello You may consider using some VBA to achieve this. One way is to use the Workbook_BeforePrint event and specify the pdf printer in the PrintOut method, eg: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PrintOut copies:=1, ActivePrinter:="CutePDF Writer on CPW2:" End Sub Pl...

excel margin issues on landscape
When I print a spreadsheet I cant get it to print to the full page - it prints smaller unlike older excel program. Also when i set the margins for a spreadsheet the left hand margin wont move over to the edge of page like right hand side? In Page Setup: If you are using the Scaling option to print to a certain number of pages wide by pages tall and/or you are using the columns to repeat at left, try: - clearing the number of pages tall value (so that it is blank), and/or - if you are printing to one page wide, remove the columns to repeat at left Simon "Peter MB" wrote: >...

Office 2001 for Mac help needed!
As an undergrad, I received a copy of Microsoft Office 2001 for Mac and it is installed on my iMac that I used there. However, I just bought a new MacBook for graduate school and need to install Office on that computer now, but when I put the disk in and double click on install it wont work. All of the icons have an x on them and I believe it says it "This application cannot run on this system" or something to that effect. HELP! I need Office asap since classes start this week! Thank you Laura Hi Laura - Your best bet is to hie thee to the university bookstore & get the u...

Print preview anomoly
I have an application that was created in excel which has command buttons, drop down input fields, and Labels. Whenever I go to print preview all of the Visaul Basic command buttons, drop down input fields and labels move to the left of the paage being previewed. Closing the print preview window and the buttons stay to the left. Can anyone help. I have reloaded Office and I am using WIndows XP. This is an Excel 2002 SP3 bug: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;838910&Product=xl2002 -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Jerry Sanner" <anonymous@discussions.m...

Help on percentages greater than 100
Thanks in advance for your assistance. I have a fairly larger list of numbers that needs to be divided to get a percntage. Due to restrictions, accesses etc some of the numbers which were accurate at the time will result in a number greater that 100%. These values (%) will eventually end up on a graph and should not exceed 100%. A B C 1 88 89 =b1/a1 (101%) 2 88 88 =b2/b2 (100%) the ( ) above are the results. What I need is a way to show the numbers that are > 100% but limit th...

Printing Externally #2
That works great...except it word brings up a message box stating tha Word is currently printing, if you exit, you will cancel you print.....and if i click no, so i dont close word, it still doesnt wan to print...any suggestions???Thank -- tess45 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tess457's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26662 There's a setting in MSWord that allows you to do background printing. I've turned this off--so Word do...

Excel 2003 Print Issue
I have created a spreadsheet to help with a university engineering assignment and I have added a worksheet that is basically an automatically generated report of all the calculations. I have set the Print Area up in such a way so that the results are printed out in well defined pages (e.g. page 1: title page, page 2: summary of input variables, page 3: summary of calculation results etc). The report is arranged vertically in the worksheet, so the pages are 'stacked' on top of each other. It prints out fine in Excel 2000 and 2002 but I recently upgraded to Excel 2003 and now find tha...

How to print Directly from Dialog based application
HI all, I am writing MFC Extension DLl which has dialog in it. It has list of documents ( like .doc,.xls,.pdf etc....) When user double clicks the document I do ShellExecute to open it..... Now i have print button . When user clicks Print button Selected document in the list should be printed...... I want to print that document directly ( that is without opening corresponding application....e.g. want to print 1.doc without opening MSWord) How can i achive this? Will DDE command will help ? How? Any Guidence Or Link for that? I have tried with ShellexecuteEx with "print" as verb ...

help
Hi, I'm trying to turn the warning message off when I use: Cells.Replace What:="Z Divisional Totals", Replacement:="Divisional Totals", LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, MatchCase:=False Second part is: Is there a way to check either the column and rows filled to create border where is pointed to "APPLYBORDER". Your help would be much apprecated. r = Range("A10").End(xlDown).Row ApplyBorder Range("A10", "A" & r) ApplyBorder Range("B10", "B" & r) ApplyBorder Range("C10", "C&qu...

Newbee needs help Combo Box access 2007
I have a access 2000 project that would all me to create a combo box the added the following code , so the values from the combo box would be stored in the current form . also when typing the code below access 2000 would bring up the code string example when typing me.s it would bring up the value "shipper" from the field list is this feature gone or just turned off on my copy Example of code From Access 2000 Private Sub Combo 40_AfterUpdate(cancel As Integer) me.shipper = me.combo40.Column(0) me.Address = me.combo40.Column(1) error This error occurs whe...

Help with passing a string variable into a parameter
hello! here is my problem. I have built a dynamic string called @filepath as char50 i need to place it in: SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET('Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0', @filePath, 'SELECT * FROM [Sheet1$]') does any one know the correct syntax??? for passing a parameter here OPENROWSET does not accept variables as arguments. You have to use dynamic SQL to build your query (append the @filePath) and execute. -- Plamen Ratchev http://www.SQLStudio.com On Mar 11, 1:25=A0pm, Plamen Ratchev <Pla...@SQLStudio.com> wrote: > OPENROWSET does not accept variab...

Crime Analyst needs help...
I need an Excel macro to find clusters within a list of 6 figure eastin and northing co-ordinates. I can readily export a three column sprea sheet with the column headings: 'crime number' 'easting' 'northing' What I'm after is a Macro to produce additional columns with th headings: 'crimes within 10 metres' 'crimes within 50 metres' 'crimes within 100 metres' 'crimes within 1 kilometre' These can obviously be calculated from the easting and northin columns. I've had a go myself with no success. I've also looked on th web a...

How do I print grayscale font in Excel 2003?
In print preview, and on printed pages, all colored font shows up as black. White font stays white. Font colors are displayed correctly in the worksheet. I have already tried the following: -> uncheck "black and white" in page setup -> change printer resolution, etc. -> creating a new workbook, typing some sample text and changing the color: the problem is not confined to one workbook. -> gray cell shading prints as gray: the problem is confined to fonts. -> colored font in Word previews and prints as displayed: the problem is confined to Excel. -> Excel help ...

Pub 2003 V11 How do I make A6 booklet pages in sequence A4 print
I wish to make up a booklet of an A6 size and have pages in sequence when developing booklet. Then sent to printer so that pages are printed back to back and when pages are removed and sequenced and folded, it makes a A6 booklet. File, page setup, booklet, portrait, type 10.5cm width, 14.8 height. This will create two small A6 booklets. You will have to cut the booklets apart. If you plan to use A6 paper, you will need to setup your printer first for the correct custom size. Publisher will keep the pages in sequence. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "About...

Printing Problems...
Hello All.. I am trying to get my worksheets to play nicely..but no success. I have say 10 worksheets, and in cell "B4" I have Client Copy (across all sheets), so it needs to print all those sheets... Then I need to change "B4" to Delivery Copy, then print all those sheets, etc etc Problem is at the moment, it goes through all the sheets, and only prints the Dock Copy sheets (the last set). I see the text at "B4" change to what it should, but just keeps going and ignoring the print call. Sub delivery_copy() Dim sh As Worksheet For Each sh In ThisWorkbo...

Sales Document Print Options #2
Hi, I'm trying to modify the above window but I have difficulties in determining which window that triggers it in order to get the SOPType and SOPNumber. So far I notice that you can open this window from Sales Transaction Entry window and Sales Transaction Inquiry Zoom window but how do you tell programmatically? Can't use Isloaded properties cause it fails if both windows are loaded. TIA, Sugih ...

clear historical quotes
I just upgraded to 2007 trial version (from 2003) and I find what appears to be an undocumented item, so I'm wondering what it does. I'm on the Portfolio Manager screen, and on the left side, I click on Other Tasks->More-> and there's a "Clear historical quotes" menu item. I don't find it documented in the help file, nor in the FAQ, nor on this newsgroup, yet. I'm wondering if anyone's been brave enough to click on it and could tell us what it does? Does it reduce the size of your file? How much? I would hope it does NOT just do a wholesale de...

Plae Help urgent! Recover exchange in a new active directory insta
Hi friends, i nedd your help, i lost my forest and i am trying to recover from backup, but i dont know if this works to active directory knows the exchange, i have to follow some procedure to do that, And if i cant recover my forest y should install a new active directory, and install exchang again, wich is the best way to recover the data from exchange, copy the db's to the exhang database path or what i should do to do that? Thanks a lot for your help Felipx start here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;867704 "Felipex" <Felipex@discussions.micr...