Group header page numbering

Hello All Access Guru out there

Would like to have some guide / code / example on how to reset a page
numbering to 1 of each  group?

ie Total pages = 6

Group    Pages
Site 1    1 / 1
Site 2    1 / 1
Site 3    1 / 2
Site 3    2 / 2
Site 4    1 / 1
Site 5    1 / 1

thaks in advance

0
PWYS
11/26/2009 8:59:10 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi,

Try this (But it's in french)

http://officesystemaccess.seneque.net/ex_pagination_groupe.htm

TopJB

PWYS a �crit :
> Hello All Access Guru out there
>
> Would like to have some guide / code / example on how to reset a page
> numbering to 1 of each  group?
>

> ie Total pages = 6
>
> Group    Pages
> Site 1    1 / 1
> Site 2    1 / 1
> Site 3    1 / 2
> Site 3    2 / 2
> Site 4    1 / 1
> Site 5    1 / 1
>
> thaks in advance

0
TopJB
11/26/2009 10:19:03 AM
Hi,

Try this
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP051874011033.aspx

Or

http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0013.htm

PWYS a �crit :
> Hello All Access Guru out there
>
> Would like to have some guide / code / example on how to reset a page
> numbering to 1 of each  group?
>

> ie Total pages = 6
>
> Group    Pages
> Site 1    1 / 1
> Site 2    1 / 1
> Site 3    1 / 2
> Site 3    2 / 2
> Site 4    1 / 1
> Site 5    1 / 1
>
> thaks in advance

0
TopJB

Excel 2003 random number generator
Hi, I'm using Excel 2003 to do some actuarial work. I notice that if a very large number of random number is generated(say 10000), and the spreadsheet is run by Macro for a large number of times(say 1000), sometimes, Excel 2003 will generate some negative random numbers, which is nonsense. Some of my friends told me earlier versions of Excel didn't have that problem. I'm sort of wondering what is going on with Excel 2003 random number generator and if Microsoft is going to develop a update to fix this problem. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Mic...

Can we use group policy templates for Outlook client options
Hi there, We are looking to automate the CRM outlook client settings so we don't have to manually change them for each user. Is there any way we can do this through group policy or another way? It would be handy if we had a list of registry settings that we could use? Thanks ...

Report showing ID numbers only
I have tables set up, linked properly, forms, etc. Since I did forms and subforms, I had to create separate tables and link them, so I used a primary key ID in the tables. So far my database shows it is working - when information is entered into the form, it shows up in the correct tables and all that, but since I used all these primary keys, the tables just have a bunch of the numbers that pertain to what was input rather than actual words. I created a query with the fields that I want shown in the report, and I created the report and when I run it it shows up the correct fields I want...

how to I block text not to break across columns or pages ?
I want to keep certain text together and not have it split apart over columns or on a new page: like several lines comprising an address in an address book -- I want to keep it all together. Either apply a style with the Keep With Next paragraph format option to all but the last of the paragraphs you wish to keep together or Use Shift+Enter to make a line break within the same paragraph -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MV...

How can I cross reference a SmartArt Graphic to a page/text?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am trying to allow users to click on the SmartArt Graphic on my first page and automatically go to the respective page within the document. I click next to the wording on the graphic and go to Insert, but it will not allow me to insert the cross reference. You can do it the other way around - from the text to the graphic, but not from the graphic to the text. Anyone know a way around this or another way to do it? Objects cannot be used as active hyperlinks in a Word document. You can do what you describ...

How do I repeat my header on each page of an access form
!@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I can't find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and box and cannot find this property setting. Help!!! Evon wrote: > !@#$%^&*?! I am frustrated. I want to repeat a header on each form. Help > states that there is a repeat property that needs to be set to yes. I > can't > find it anywhere! I've double clicked, right clicked on every section and > box and cannot fin...

Fixed Number of Columns
After manipulating data in Excel I would like to copy and paste the data in a text editor. The data should be in fixed format, for example integer numbers should end in columns with multiples of 5. The text is then used as input to an old fashioned program which requires that the data be aligned I changed the font in Excel to Courrier New and then selected a column width of 5. When I copy the data to a text editor it copies some tab marks and the columns do not align. How can I make things align in the text editor? Vino, You can use a macro: copy the code below, then paste into a module...

Picking Random Numbers
I have been tasked with coming up with a form that will automatically assign a random number to an individual with the click of a button. The number is 7 digits in length. Each element of the number can range from 1 to 9. Something simular to a lottery number picker. Does anyone have any sample code that I can refer to? Thanks in advance! Dwight Function GenerateRandomNumber() As String Dim lngLoop As Long Dim strResult As String Randomize For lngLoop = 1 To 7 strResult = strResult & Format((Int(9 * Rnd) + 1), "0") Next lngLoop GenerateRandomNumber = strResu...

format numbers in hexadecimal
I'd like to display numbers in hexadecimal and still be able t calculate with them. DEC2HEX() and HEX2DEC() are available as functions (I think they're i the Analysis ToolPak) but I'd rather avoid adding these to ever calculation. That is, for example, I don't want to have to change every formula "=A1+A2" to "=dec2hex(hex2dec(A1)+hex2dex(A2))". Any idea how to add "Hex" as another numeric format choice, so tha numbers are displayed directly in hex -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com stan_shepherd wrote... >I'd like to ...

email groups
I have tried to send group emails of approx 40 names from my outlook address book......I got bounce backs from 12 the first time I sent and 12 additional names the second time...they are from different domains Technical details of permanent failure: PERM_FAILURE: Probe failed: Illegal To: address (invalid domain name): 'rita311@optonline.net' this is the message I get....can anyone help ? Regards Angelo39 ...

how to find numbers that give another number
hi all. I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and find the numbers that once summed give the number in cell b5 for example!!they could be 2 or 3 ..or 4..and so on!! You would need the solver http://tinyurl.com/4doog example -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Rossella" <rossy77@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1145464775.044405.243700@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > hi all. > I need to make a macro which look up a column of an excel paper and > find the numbers that once summed give the number in ce...

can not accses my email i get Error Number: 0x800CCC32
Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC32 abe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Unable to poll for new messages on your HTTP server. > Account: 'Hotmail', Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs > /hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail, Server > Response: 'Authorization Required', Port: 0, Secure(SSL): ...

Adding Property pages from Dll?
Hi, I want to create an app that allows the user to add property pages to my dialog box. I will off course have a basic property sheet but how can I add a page via a dll? Would COM be what I need? I recall something like that on codeproject but I cannot find it. Any hint? Many thanks Simon. I had this same requirement. I have a control panel applet that has a set of property pages. The applet will also look for components with certain extensions, LoadLibrary the module, and make a call into that dll via GetProcAddress mechanisms. One of the things returned is a pointer to a CProp...

can I use Publisher to set up signatures of 8 pages?
I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any ideas? Insert, page -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "traveller" <traveller@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD3B5CB-8D56-49DE-B632-06617A54EBE7@microsoft.com... >I neeed to print and bind a book. I can't find any way to set up and print in > sgnatures of 8 or so pages. I seem to be limited to 4 page bookfold. Any > idea...

Need to format text in header, but value is generated using VBA
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6360C.2372C770 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, I wanted to reference a cell value in my spreadsheet header and found = out how to do that using this function: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Dim WS As Worksheet For Each WS In Worksheets ActiveSheet.PageSetup.RightHeader =3D _ Format(Worksheets("Time Period Info").Range("B3").Value) =20 Next WS End Sub However, this leaves my text for ...

Exporting As Text with X Number of Spaces Between Data
Is there a way to export data in a MS Excel spreadsheet as text and define the amount of spaces between the data being exported? The number of spaces need to vary. This concept is the opposite of importing text as "Fixed Width" and creating column break lines. Instead, I'd like to export columns into a text file and specify the amount of spaces between the text that is being exported from each column. The amount spaces in the text file needs to be different between each set of column data. Thanks! One way: Say you have 5 columns, and you want 2 spaces between A &...

PAGES DISAPPEARED
I recently have lost pages of existing documents, and now I find I can't insert a page without losing the preceeding page. I'm not sure they're gone, but I can't access them because the little boxes at the bottom of the screen that contain the page numbers are gone. The only thing I can think of that might have caused this was a recent download (an update to Office 2007). Any ideas? You can download the page sorter utility and install it, that will get the tabs back. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer http://msau...

Group
I want to group my business e-mail addresses, keeping them seperate from my everyday contacts. I can't find in help where I can do this grouping. Sorry to bother you on such a trivial question. -- Thank-you Carl R Check 'Categories' in help "Carl R" <carlritcey@bendbroaband.com> wrote in message news:7E27F9E8-81B4-42B6-B30C-9970FA0F796C@microsoft.com... > I want to group my business e-mail addresses, keeping them seperate from my > everyday contacts. I can't find in help where I can do this grouping. Sorry > to bother you on such a trivial questio...

How to generate dynamic XML from aspx page
Dear Friends, I was using the below code in ASP to dynamically generate XML from a SQL Query Does anyone knows how can I migrate this code to VB and ASPX? Regards Robson Machado Response.ContentType = "text/xml" Response.Write "<?xml version='1.0' ?>" dim RS, CN set CN = server.CreateObject("adodb.connection") set RS = server.CreateObject("adodb.recordset") CN.ConnectionString = strConnect CN.Open RS.Open SQLStmt,cn Response.Write "<ROOT>" Response.Write RS2XML(RS,"RESULT") Response.Write "</R...

Option Buttons in Group Box
I have two group boxes with two option buttons in each(from the Forms Tool bar) Is there any way to make the group boxes invisible. I would like to have only the option buttons showing on the worksheet. Set the BorderColor to the same color as the BackColor, and change the SpecialEffect setting to 0 (fmSpecialEffectFlat). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JAMES T." <sylvester1501@peoplepc.com> wrote in message news:1111518141.249157.66540@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I have two group boxes with t...

Add number of days due field on aged trial balance reports (PM/RM)
I would like to add 'number of days past due' field on the aged trial balance reports and sort the reports by this field. I dont know how to proceed. Can someone guide me? ...

Set print area on several pages at once in Excell Workbook?
How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell workbook at one time instead of having to set it one page at a time? You would have to write a macro to do this. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "willow" <willow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A934EF4-AF5F-49F5-9F0A-1BB51A45F66C@microsoft.com... > How can I set the print area on several pages of an Excell > workbook at one > time instead of having to set it one page at a time? When you have the workbook open, ther...

Page Numbers
I want to print just one page of my money file. Is there any way I can tell what the page number is of what I have on the screen? Thanks "one page of [your] Money file." I presume by that you mean one screen's worth of register view or something, not one page of a report??? You are going to need to do something like copy it to the clipboard (Alt+PrtSc) and then paste it into Word or WordPad. If you mean reports, then I'd check out Adobe Acrobat or some of the work-alike PDF file generating print drivers. The print your reports to a PDF file. From there, look at the gener...

number of cells
Hi there; 1-What is the equation to find the number of cells in a range which their values are more than 0.0? 2- How to count the number of cells in range which for every 3 consqueative cells are non 0.0, I mean if cells 1, 2, and 3 are more than 0.0, then count = 1 then next 3 cells, ... and if one 3 consequative cells have (even one cell) a 0.0 value then that 3 cells donot add to our count number? Appreciate any help. Best Darius Is this a homework assingment. look in help index for COUNTIF -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Darius" <Darius@discussion...

Where do I configure OWA logoff Page?
Hello, Please can someone tell me how to change the logoff of OWA to something other than a page not found message? I cannot seem to find the solution to this problem, but every time I logoff OWA, I get a page that makes me feel like I did something wrong. Can someone please help? Thanks State your version of Exchange and ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Catherine&quo...