Graphs and charts in Access 2007

I found a chart in an old Access 2000 database that I was able to copy/paste
into my new application that seems to have no current design for in Access
2007, a stacked bar chart.  Compared to creating charts and graphs in Excel,
Access 2007 seems very limited in the variety of charts that can be created,
and I don't remeber how I created that one.

1. A problem I have with the Stacked bar chart in Access is formatting the
horizontal axis. Although the query passes dates to the chart for this axis,
it doesn't use the earliest date as the beginning/minimum value of the chart
and the latest as the end/maximum value..  It seems I have to set the scale
under "format axis", so will have to change this propery whenver the date
range changes.  How can this be done in code, or is something else effecting
the minimum/maximum values?  The horizontal and vertical axes min and max
are currently set as automatic.

2. Is there a way to create a chart of the design I need in Excel, then
import that into Access with a local data source for it?  Copy/paste isn't
working - as soon as I add a query or table as the source I get OLE errors
which I do not know how to fix. "The operation on the OLE object failed. The
OLE server may not be registered.  To register the OLE server, reinstall
it."

3. Has anyone already created some chart/graph examples that I could
download and modify that extend the Access capabilities which I am finding
limiting?

Thanks,
Mich

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Account balance workaround for Money 2007
As many have discovered the Account balances report in Money 2007 inaccurately displays the current value of accounts instead of the value of the accounts for the chosen date range. A workaround is to create a customized Net Worth over Time report. 1-From Reports Home under Assets and Liabilities select the report Net worth over time. 2-Select Customize...from the left side-panel. 3-Select the Rows&Columns tab, for Show balances by: select, Years, for Display As: select Details and Total. 4-Select the Chart tab, for View as select Report. 5-Select the Date tab, for Range select Year ...

Exchange 2007 and outlook anywhere
I have installed Exchange 2007 and setup outlook anywhere (RPC over HTTP). All installation and setup steps seems to have finished correctly but i am not able to connect properly. When trying to connect to outlook anywhere from a computer outside my network the systems keeps asking me for log on credentials over and over again. The autodiscovery test function in Outlook 2007 reports green light an no errors. Any suggestions to what might be wrong with my setup or installation or maybe anyone can point me to some tool or whitepaper that can be used to search for errors, are you using t...

Cognos PowerPlay to access???
Good afternoon. Does anyone know if its possible to take a report or cube from Cognos 7 and work with that in access? Thank Batty "Battykoda" <u33810@uwe> wrote: >Does anyone know if its possible to take a report or cube from Cognos 7 and >work with that in access? Not to my knowledge. Tony -- Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP Please respond only in the newsgroups so that others can read the entire thread of messages. Microsoft Access Links, Hints, Tips & Accounting Systems at http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm but you can in Crystal Reports-- right...

Internet access through Outlook favorites
Can the favorites in outlook be turned off so users cannot get to the internet via outlook. On 10/22/2003 4:18 PM, bruce wrote: > Can the favorites in outlook be turned off so users cannot > get to the internet via outlook. Not really... At least not anything that I known off. Alex -- -( Alex Yu | Systms Admintr | Multmd Devlpr | AEM | RPI | MSFT MVP )- ...

Money 2007 trial
I have an older version of MS Money. I'd like to try Money 2007. I've already read that after the 90 days I can't open the 2007 files in my older program. In the trial program can I still export my 2007 money files into Excel.? In microsoft.public.money, Mz Patti wrote: >I have an older version of MS Money. I'd like to try Money 2007. I've already >read that after the 90 days I can't open the 2007 files in my older program. You can't do that, even at the beginning. While Money will keep a backup of the Money 2004 file for you, I suggest you make an ext...

outlook 2007 freezing and won't open
two behaviors: 1. works fine for several hours then freezes and cannot send or receive email. 2. doesn't respond to my trying to open outlook from the icon, right click, or all programs. I get a .2 sec hourglass then nothing. no error messages on either behavior. HELP! I'm on an xp system. thanks for any ideas! hallie Reboot PC, start outlook using the safe switch; Start>Run......outlook.exe /safe (note space between exe /) See whether the problem is replicated, if not then one of your add - ins is likely acting up "hallie" <hallie@discuss...

How do I insert a file into Excel 2007 spreadsheet ?
The old Excel command Insert-Object does not exist anymore, instead only these Insert {Tables | Illustrations | Charts | Links | Text } I want to insert a general application file, I pretended it is a .Jpg file by renaming it and attempting Insert - Illustration -From File, but of course this was rejected. I also tried using a macro, the essence of which was Set myPict = .Parent.Pictures.Insert("C:\MyFile.Dat.Jpg") but this had the same effect. I finally tried good old drag-and-drop into a cell, but this simply opened up the binary in a separate Excel window...

Accessing other's e-mail accounts in Exchange 2003
I have 2 basic questions for Exchange 2003 and I'm hoping someone can help me out here. The message is long as I have to explain the scenarios. :) 1. We have some e-mail accounts that are no longer used (e.g. old employees, etc.) that we need to access. I can certainly access the with the user's credentials. Is there a way to access someone's mailbox as an "Administrator" instead of as the user? For example, can Administrator access John Doe's mailbox using Administrator's credentials? This is of course assuming the Administrator has permissions to do. If s...

Outlook 2007 Reminders not working
I am running Outlook 2007 (Office 2007) on a new Widows 7 computer. Had some problems with initial Outlook migration and PDA snyc, but those seem to be resolved after I erased all historical calendar data and started new with future appointments only on the PC and PDA both. Outlook syncs perfectly with my PDA via Bluetooth, including reminders, which work normally on the PDA, but no reminders appear in Outlook. I'm aware of the change to keep the reminder screen out of sight (and out of mind, an illogical change in my opinion) but even when I bring it forward on the scre...

Access 97
I've been using Access 97 for database management in a medical office for several years now and the company that supports the database has not been able to correct errors that occur during a conversion to updated Access versions. They work solely in Access 97 and I therefore must keep this version. So, I use a split on the cpu... running Access 97 and xp... it's been working fine. However, just recently, every time I open Access 97, I get an 'out of memory' error. There os definately a lot of memory and I've shut down almost everything and then tried opening i...

Reference in charts
I'm trying to reference a active worksheet in a chart but I keep getting error messages. On the series tab of step 2 of the chart making process, I would like to substitute the current worksheet instead of the permanent one already in there. Instead of ='Testing_Macro'!$A$1:$A$20 I want Testing_Macro replaced with a reference to an active sheet name. Any ideas? Hi, Something more like this. ="'" & activesheet.name & "'!$A$1:$A$20" If the chart sheet is the activesheet this will fail. Cheers Andy Chris wrote: > I'm trying t...

Outlook 2007 SEND button behavior
Hi Outlook 2007 After I compose a new message (or create a reply message) I click the SEND button on the left and it sends the message only to the Outbox. Then I have to click the Send/Receive to have the message sent. Can I change that Send button behavior so I don't have press 2 buttons to send a message? Thanks Burton Roberts Tools | Options | Mail Setup | Send immediately when connected. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 A...

Access 2007 keeps configuring
I downloaded the trial verzion of Access 2007. Every time I open it, it goes through a configuring process that takes half an hour or so. How can I stop this? Robert This occurs when you have multiple versions on the same PC every time you open Access 2007 after having used a previous version. It's a right pain and AFAIK there's nothing you can do about it at the moment. It's supposed to be being fixed in the first Office 2007 service pack. HTH "Robert" <cpq1bcle[REMOVE]@verizon.net> wrote in message news:47561d71$0$5289$bbae4d71@news.suddenlink.net...

How to see unapproved Tasks in Project Web Access 2007
I've see the 2003 instructions, but I'm not finding the 2007 answer so I'll ask .... I am an administrator in a Project Server 2007 environment. I have multiple approving managers world-wide. I'd like a way to see task updates, submitted by their team members, but are not yet approved. Is there a way in 2007? On Jan 22, 9:14=A0am, Randy Schmid <RandySch...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've see the 2003 instructions, but I'm not finding the 2007 answer so I'= ll > ask .... > I am an administrator in a Project Server 2007 environ...

Getting values to show colors in chart
Hi, Excel has numerous charting options. However, I need to display a ma of a country and let certain parts change color according to value that are stored in a database. I can get the values in a normal graph but is it at all possible t make a custom chart (like a map) where I can get certain parts t correspond with the values? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't believe you can do what you want without programming support. Suppose you create a map of, say the U.S. Now, create a freeform shape that aligns with the boundary of each state. Finally, use a...

excel charts "grey" out
Hello All: When I insert a chart in to a spreadsheet, graphics show up as long as the chart/object is selected. (i.e. clicking outside the object ...de-selecting it ...causes loss of all graphics) Any suggestions ? Cheers -Anand As answered yesterday in microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions -- '================================== Choose Tools>Options, and on the View tab, under Objects, select 'Show All' '================================== If you have trouble finding responses to a question that you posted, you can search in Google: http://groups.goog...

Erro while printing Chart of Accounts
Unable to open dictionary:C:program Files\MicrosoftDynamics/GP/Reports.dic You may have rights a modified report that you don't have. The reports.dic stores modified reports. Can another user on another workstation successfully print the chart of accounts? If so, go to tools --> customize --> customization maintenance to see if the user has any reports listed. -- Charles Allen, MVP "kip" wrote: > Unable to open dictionary:C:program Files\MicrosoftDynamics/GP/Reports.dic Kip, Are the slashes actually facing different ways in the error message you receive? --...

Who hates Office 2007? And why did you switch?
I switched and hate it. The menus are all wrong. Takes too long to learn where everything is. Don't see any speed improvements over 2003. Why did I switch? I guess because I felt it would be an improvement. RL And it took even LONGER with the old menu system. RayLopez99 wrote: > I switched and hate it. The menus are all wrong. Takes too long to > learn where everything is. Don't see any speed improvements over > 2003. > > Why did I switch? I guess because I felt it would be an improvement. > > RL On Dec 15, 1:15=A0pm, Bob I <bir...

Problem with chart creation
Sheet1 was populated with column arrays in Range("A8:J50"). I wanted to creat a chart for column array as specified in cells A1, A2, A3 as rowbegin, rowend,and columnofinterest respectively. Soon after the chart was created all the values in Cells(*, *) were lost, and the macro ceased to function properly. Can you help me? Sub Creat_a_chart() Dim rowbegin, rowend, columnofinterest As Double Cells(1, 1) = 8 ' as given example Cells(2, 1) = 20 ' as given example Cells(3, 1) = 3 ' as given example rowbe...

dynamic charts #14
Hello, I am trying to make a dynamic chart which would only plot a specified range. I found a great example (please take a look for the specifics) http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 My only difference is that my date range goes across and not down. I am having a difficult time defining the name "ChartDates" (I am using the offset function incorrectly). Please help :) thanks in advance, O In this blog post I show somewhat simpler examples of dynamic ranges: http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/14/dynamic-charts/ Most of the examples are with...

chart with color automation
How can I create a bar chart with color according to an excel column conditions. For example I have a graph with all salemen and in excel I have a column which describe which products with the amount of sale column. By look at the color I would know which product and the sale amount? Thanks in advance Daniel Below are links to a couple of examples: http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/auto_color_chart_bars_version_1/ http://www.cellmatrix.net/index.php/auto_color_chart_bars_version_2/ -- John Mansfield http://cellmatrix.net "Daniel" wrote: > How can I create a ba...

Organizational Chart
Hi! I want to import a text file to make a chart. I'd like that forms and colors were different according to a column of the text file. Is it possible?? A lot of thanks, kesadeixon The Org Chart Wizard will enable you to import a correctly formatted text file. Color By Value in Visio Pro 2003 or 2007 will enable you to change the color of the Org Chart shapes by a "column" value If you have Visio 2007 Pro then you can use DataGraphics to color by value "kesadeixon" <kesadeixon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60A062E2-447D-42CC-8009-01221...

Extract worksheet name from a chart formula
Hi, I want to write a small program that will give me the name of all the worksheets that are referenced by chart series. I have tried to look at the chart series formula but am struggling to write code that can account for all the variants, is there an easy way to do this, or does someone have some sample code? Thanks in advance! Hi, Try John Walkenbach's class object, http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/a_class_module_to_manipulate_a_chart_series/ Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Simon Reid" <Sim...

How to convert Grid to Chart with Marcos Automatically?
How to convert from Grid to Chart/Graph with Marcos Automatically? I appreciate your help.... Thanks in Advance -- mindless ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mindless's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26112 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394383 You mean convert values in the worksheet into a chart? Turn on the macro recorder and carry out the steps you want automated. With questions about customizing the macro, post back with specific questions. - Jon ------- Jon ...

Can a cell be ignored by both a chart and a function?
In order for a chart to ignore a cell (i.e., not treat it as zero), I enter the #N/A error (by typing or returning the function =NA()) in the cell. But this will not work if I want functions such as STDEV(), MAX(), etc., to ignore the cells; they will return an error if any cell in the argument range is an error. For functions to ignore a cell, I must enter (or my formula must return) a null string (="") in the cell. Is there a way I can I satisfy the requirements of both charts and functions to ignore a cell (without needing to maintain two separate columns, and with as le...