Get Report Name

I have a report selection form that allows the user to select multiple
reports to preview.  They have the ability to check a box that automatically
sends each report to a separate pdf with a predefined name and path, using
the CreateReportToPDF code by Stephen Lebans.

What I want to do now is allow the user to preview multiple reports but
selectively send reports to pdf.  I have a custom reports tool bar, I’ve
added a button but can’t figure out how to determine the name of the report
the user is viewing.

Thanks for your help,

Jim

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Not sure but, I imagine you could loop through the Reports or AllReports
collection and determine which one is active or has focus.

Steve

"Jim" wrote:

> I have a report selection form that allows the user to select multiple
> reports to preview.  They have the ability to check a box that automatically
> sends each report to a separate pdf with a predefined name and path, using
> the CreateReportToPDF code by Stephen Lebans.
>
> What I want to do now is allow the user to preview multiple reports but
> selectively send reports to pdf.  I have a custom reports tool bar, I’ve
> added a button but can’t figure out how to determine the name of the report
> the user is viewing.
>
> Thanks for your help,
>
> Jim

SteveM,

Thanks.  How about the ActiveReport Property of the Screen Object?  It seems
to work, any known drawbacks?

Thanks again,

Jim

"SteveM" wrote:

> Not sure but, I imagine you could loop through the Reports or AllReports
> collection and determine which one is active or has focus.
>
> Steve
>
> "Jim" wrote:
>
> > I have a report selection form that allows the user to select multiple
> > reports to preview.  They have the ability to check a box that automatically
> > sends each report to a separate pdf with a predefined name and path, using
> > the CreateReportToPDF code by Stephen Lebans.
> >
> > What I want to do now is allow the user to preview multiple reports but
> > selectively send reports to pdf.  I have a custom reports tool bar, I’ve
> > added a button but can’t figure out how to determine the name of the report
> > the user is viewing.
> >
> > Thanks for your help,
> >
> > Jim

Outlook Web Access User Name
Whenever I use Internet Explorer (under Win XP Pro) to remotely access my company email using Outlook Web Access (OWA), the "connect to" dialog box comes up with spots for User name and password. When I start typing in my user name, it tries to autofill using an invalid user name. Is there some way to delete this from the fill-in box permanently? I have tried all things, including a comprehensive delete of all internet explorer files, and all "locked" .dat files on boot up. Thanks very much! ...

Organization Name???
When the Exchange server was setup they made the Organization Name "First Organization". Will this hurt anything? Can it be changed and How. Unfortunately the organization name cannot be changed without rebuilding your environment. And if the org name is changed, you will not be able to restore from your backup as the org and Administrative group name need to be the same in order to restore. You would essentially have to exmerge out, reinstall with a different org name and then use exmerge again to import the pst files. However, this can have issues as well as you may not be ...

Display Names
Is it possible to change all users display name from firstname lastname to lastname, firstname using a script or does this have to be done manually for all users Exchange 2003 This should help, it applies to Exchange 2000 but the steps are pretty much the same: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF023.html -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Amy Capps" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25C636B9-DD99-4AB5-8564-4D24FDED86C3@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change all users display name from fi...

Report display
I have a report that I am displaying from access database using macro, OpenReport. I am trying to set it up to flip the page on timer. How do I do that? Any idea how to go from one page to another automatically. The report have 4 pages and I do not want to manually click to flip a page. Please help Majic ...

Report that shows Gross Profit by PO
I really need a purchase order report that shows the gross profit per line item. Can anyone assit? Regrads, Don ...

How do I convert last name, first name in cells to first name las.
Cells contain names in last name, first name order. I wish to convert to first name last name (no comma) without retyping. Thanks Assuming your data is in column A. Select the names in Column A. Make sure that Columns B and C are blank. In Excel 2003, click on data, text-to-columns and choose delimited and comma. The last name of the first entry will be in A2 and the first name will be in B2. In C2 type =B2&" "&A2 to concatenate the name with first name first and then copy down the formula in C2 as far as necessary. As a last step be sure to copy Column C, go ...

Getting compile error on WorksheetFuntion.Sum line
I am trying to test if the sum of column 6 in a named range is 0 and if it is I hide the whole range, if its not I hide only teh lines that are 0 or blank. I get a complie error on the If WorksheetFuntion.Sum line. What is the correct syntax? Application.Goto reference:="MELLandLabor" Set rng = Range("MELLandLabor") If WorksheetFunction.Sum(rng.Cells(1, 6), rng.cells(rng.Rows.Count, 6) = 0 then Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Else For n = 1 To rng.Rows.Count rng.Cells(n, 6).Select If rng.Cells(n, 6) = &quo...

Strange report prefiltering
Hi, I'm facing really weird problem with my report - I've created a context sensitive report for entity "Invoice" - it uses CRMAF_ prefix (FilteredInvoice, FilteredAccount and FilteredInvoiceDetail views are used) so only the data related to the Invoice from which I run the report is prefiltered and shown in report. Well, now the mysterious part - the report works correctly only for the newest Invoices, report for older Invoices is shown, but with no data (except fixed labels, of course). I suspect that there's still some kind of a hidden automatic prefiltering which exc...

Changing the module associated with a custom report
Hi, we had our consultant create a customized report for us using Crystal reports, but he assigned it to the Sales Module. Is there a way to reassign that Report to the Service module? thanks! nasu Yes, it is called the Microsoft CRM v1.2 Report Manager. It allows add, delete, and rename reports even if you do not have Crystal Reports 9 installed. Here is the link to the download: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=81517729-f640-4f46-ba30-6b9e6f451526&DisplayLang=en Good luck. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. www.workopia.com "nasu" wrote: > Hi, we ...

UDF's, XLA's and #NAME!
I initially developed some UDF's in an XLS, which was used for testing. All was fine. An XLA was then created with these UDF's. In a new XLS, these UDF's also work fine. But in the original XLS used for development I removed the UDF's from the XLS, expecting that Excel would find the UDF's in the XLA. But references to any of these UDF's produces #NAME!. If I qualify the reference with "NameOfXLA.xla!MyUDF()" it then works. BUT, Excel removes the "NameOfXLA.xla!" from the formula (I guess because the name MyUDF is unique so it's not...

Can't use any CRM reports
Whenever I try to run any report in CRM I get the following message: File frs://Input/a_170/000/000/170/cc831bddb68f98.rpt not found on File Repository Server. [On Cache/Page Server: DWCRM.pageserver] Everything else appears to be working correctly on the server. I am running an standard suite installation with 5 users. I am sure something is missing but I can find no information about what is wrong with this error. Thanks Brent, You will need to contact MBS Support to get a utility to re-publish the reports to the repository. Matt "Brent Dunn" <bdunn@digitalwitne...

FRX reporting #2
This is a follow up to earlier question on summary/detail FRX reporting. Use example accounts of 52??? for payroll-related expenses, 53??? as other expenses. I want a report that shows one report line for 52??? payroll-related, and by-account detail report lines for each account in the 53??? account range. But I don't want to make a row format using the full account numbers in the 53??? range. In sum, how do you design a report that includes some summary data (the 52??? accounts) and some detail data (separate lines for the 53??? accounts), using only account ranges in the row format?...

Record time report, macro or query runs
I need to track each time a report runs in my Access database, and append the timestamp to a simple table. Along with the timestamp I want to put in the user id (I already have a function that gets this) and the report or macro name that just ran. What is the best way to do this? Use the Open event of the report to record that fact that it ran. In the event, execute an Append query statement that add the record to your logging table. You can use RunSQL in a macro, or Exeucte in code. Here's more detail about how to run an action query, and which is better: Action queries: suppres...

Active/Inactive
Hi there.. i got this report the displays trainees with no training history and they need to be scheduled for training. with this code, it works fine. SELECT Trainees.TraineeID, Trainees.FirstName, Trainees.LastName, Trainees. JobTitle, Trainees.ContractorName, Trainees.Language, Trainees.TraineeStatus FROM Trainees WHERE (((Trainees.TraineeID) Not In (SELECT DISTINCT TraineeID FROM [Training Records]))); now, i added a TraineeStatus field on Trainees table with a lookup data so the user can make a selection from Active, Inactive & OnVacation. Now, what the user wan...

Report filter error #2
I get the following error when running a prefilter report in CRM 3.0 but in VS in runs fine Reporting Services Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- a.. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help a.. Cannot set the command text for data set 'Kunde'. (rsErrorSettingCommandText) Get Online Help a.. Error during processing of the CommandText expression of dataset 'Kunde'. (rsQueryCommandTextProcessingError) Get Online Help Here is the sql statement SELECT accountnumber F...

Separating a name into first name and last name columns
I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the following way: <Last Name>,<Space><First Name> - thus it looks like the following: ADAMS, ROSEMARY I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers in Excel, not in Visual Basic. Thank you, THEFALLGUY David(s) - thank you for the help. Problem solved. The Davids stick together!!!! Thanks, David "THEFALLGUY" wrote: > I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the ...

i keep getting error message 0x800cccof when i try to send a mess.
please can u help me? i cant send messages and keep gettin this error code when i try to do soo aww!! dnt know wat i've done wrong .......thanx -- ряїє§ŧє§§ Hi! Many articles about this error are available at Microsoft site: OL: Error 0x800ccc0d or 0x800ccc0f When Receiving and Sending E-Mail KB: Outlook 2002 OL2002: "Error 0x800ccc0f: Connection to the Server Was Interrupted" Error Message When You Try to Send or Receive an E-Mail Message KB: Outlook 2002 OL2002: Cannot Send Outgoing Mail KB: Outlook 2002 XCON: POP3 Clients That Are Connected Over RAS Ma...

multi level range name
Hello, How does one get multi level range names that can be used in more than one sheet of a workbook? Is it automatic when we create a range name? In the INSERT-NAME-DEFINE command, I don't remember how to get a range name to be present in each of the sheets of my workbook. Sometimes, I notice in the DEFINE NAME WINDOW that a sheet name appears to the right of a range name, and it works well when I change sheets, the range name reference also switches sheets. Other times, there are no names next to the range name, and I don't what causes the difference I looked in my Excel refere...

Invalid use of null on report
I am getting an 'Invalid use of Null' when launching a report on my database. I have reading about the use of "NZ" while looking up similar issues in this group, I am just not sure as to how to make use of it and where. I have been inspecting the report (as best as I could with my limited access kowledge) and I see there is a text box with the following control source: =IIf([InitialRecurrent]=1,"I","R") I found the source in one of the tables and noticed some of them where empty so I added values to the 'initialrecurrent' field in the table bu...

Getting the XPath for the current node (where the carret is located)?
As long as I have tested, Visual Studio cannot show XPathes for selected nodes, right? I have tried many software but few could show XPathes and let me edit the XML in plain text editor(like Visual Studio, not the tree shapes like XML Notepad) at the same time. The only software I found was XML Spy, but it was too expensive for me to buy just to find XPathes. Is there any utility (a separate application or Visual Studio extension) that can show XPath and let me edit the XML in plain text, that is a freeware or a cheap one? Of course I have to search for text. Everyone probably ...

From Excel get Outlook Username
What code would I have to use to get from within Excel to get the Users email address from Outlook? In our system the authentication if done from the MS network logon. The username is always the network login name (firstname.lastname) appended with an "@" then domain.org I know how to add the reference to Excel to use Outlook, but don't know how to bring this piece of data from Outlook back into Excel. Filling a variable would work well for me. Thank you in advance God bless you Hi try the following: 1. Put the following code in a module: Public Declare Function GetUse...

VBA function changing its name
I've noticed something strange in my VBA code - well, strange to me anyway. I have a function declared using mixed case: Function TMDE_Category (FormName As Form) This function is in a module, and is called by the VBA code behind two separate forms. The other day I noticed that it appeared in the module all in lower case: Function tmde_category(FormName As Form) Obviously it isn't preventing the database application from running, and I have no idea when it first changed. I changed it back to mixed case, saved and closed the module, then the application. I restarted t...

Report to bring back active field only
Hi I'm looking for some help please. I have a table of contact details and a report that contains some of the fields from the table. I need an embedded macro in the report that says basically "only bring back a record into the report based on the condition false". I've tried using IIf based on one of the fields, but all it does is leave the field in the report blank but brings back the rest of the fields from the same record. Hope this makes sense. Thanks. -- Brendan Adelaide, Australia As always I have searched the forum first before posting my question ...

Crystal Reports Error 07-06-04
Hi Guys, Currently experiencing a problem with our CRM 1.2 install. I am unable to read any reports in CRM. i get the error message: "Object= = doesn't support this property or method" Has anyone seen this issue before? i can find references to the same err= or = elsewhere, but nothing within the reports area. Any thoughts would be much appreciated. -- Regards, Skip is this happening with the standard reports as well or just reports you have created? "Skip" <skip@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:opsapx3ofveek5xh@eng2.sytation.com... Hi Guys, Curr...

Weird reports problem>>>????
I customized my Spending By Category report so that it reflects ONLY one of my bank and credit card accounts I have in my MS Money. So now when I go to reports and choose Spending by Category everything works the way I want it to, but when I click on Home - My Money and see the Spending By Category report there, it reflects ALL my accounts for some reason. What can I do to fix that? Thank you! The spending by category report on the home page is necessarily not the same one as the one you have customised in the reports section. Which version of Money is this? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsof...