Get HD serial number using API

Is there any way to get the HD serial number (or any other data to identify the hard disc) using API from VBA?Thanks in advance for your answers.Regards.Jose Nu�ezMontevideo
0
Jose
3/16/2007 6:17:59 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

formula tu sum up to a number till 7
This is the data I have: 2 3 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 I want in column C to G cells to be filled till 7 starting to count from B and then starting again. Result I want: A B C D E F G 2 3 4 5 6 7 1 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 1 4 5 1 2 And so on... How can I do this... Thank you so much!!! I don't fully understand this. Why do you not show 2 as the starting value in column C? Why do you have a 1 after the 7? Is this the corresponding value from column B? Would C2 start with 4 and continue across until you next...

Can I delete a file that is in use
I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks I have a malocious file called sdra64.exe it's in my appdata\roaming folder I can't delete it because it isays it s in use by another program How can I set it up so that it is deleted somehow? Thanks You can try using the task manager. Bring up the manager and go to processes and stop it from running. You can try to delete from Safe Mo...

How can I asign a number value to a text line in Excel?
tI have a Backgammon Club with Internal Club Rankings that are in Text. I want my members to report their wins - 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place - in tournaments to my web site . I would like them to imput: their nickname, date of tournament, tournament Room #, tournament points played for, and host of the tournament. I would further like the calculation to display any change in Ranking as a text cell. Additionally, I want to show for the member, how many more points are needed to get to the next levle and what that (Text)level is. If there is a "what if" for this please advise. Ri...

Replying to Individual in Newsgroup using Outlook, with O.E. as NG reader
I'm using Outlook 2000 sp1 for E-mailing. It's set-up to use Outlook Express 6 as the newsgroup reader (whilst calling itself Outlook Newsreader). I recently wanted to reply to an individual in a thread. Everything seemed to go okay until I checked the 'Sent Items' of Outlook. There was an E-mail to the individual, but none of the text that I'd included was there, only the original newsgroup message. Does anybody know what's going on, how to fix it, or has anybody got any suggestions ? Thanks in Advance Duncan Anderson O/S = Win X/P home sp1 I think this happens be...

What's the correct procedure to use a CBitmapButton in a dialog (to avoid resouce leaking)?
Hi, I have a CBitmapButton member in a dialog. The problem is that, after exiting my program, there is a cross button staying on my windows 2000's desktop now. The button is exactly the one I used in the dialog. Clicking on it doesn't do anyting. Rebooting the machine doesn't help. The application has been mailed to many customers. Now I expect they'll see this button on their machine but hardly guess that it's caused by my program. In DoDataExchange(), I associate the CBitmapButton member with a push button in the dialog's template. Then in OnInitDialog...

option to show or hide social security number throughout system
Now that identify theft is a big issue, a great feature in HR and/or UPR would be an option to hide or show SS# on windows and reports. I'm having to cusomize HR and Payroll reports just to remove the SS#. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://ww...

Error when using RMS EDC Settle function
Hello. We run RMSsp2, and use PCCharge PaymntSvr EDC software/First Data processor. PCCharge settles fine, if trying from within RMS, receive error on: 1st attempt: "Invalid Merchant" box error appears. 2nd and subsequent attempts "Invalid Destination Zip" box error appears. Erro occurs withing few seconds of settle attempt, settle progress doesnt go beyond 1/10 of progress meter and this error pops up. Any ideas? Our EDC config is fine and all batches and items are ok in PCCharge. thanks luke ...

getting sql report 2005 web service to work
The error I am getting in sql reporting service 2005 is 'The selected report is not ready for viewing. The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)'. There are lots of answers on the web and I have tried alot of them including obtaining extract space. The error I am getting is: " The report is still being rendered or a report snapshot is not available. (rsReportNotReady)". I am using using windows-authentication to the datasource, and I am wondering if I am not setting up the pass-through properly on t...

getting a single line from a file
I was wondering if someone could tell me how to read a single line from a text file. I tried using getline, but my MFC program does not recognize the getline function. Nor does it recognize <string> or <string.h> or using namespace std. So is there another function that I can use in MFC? Roger Take a look at the CStdioFile MFC class. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "R.H." <roger.huggins@intermec.com> wrote in message news:e98o6IMmDHA.1764@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I was wondering if someone could tell me ho...

Move gridlines in a chart so that they are above the numbers
I have done a chart in excel and the gridlines are set so that the y axis numbers are inbetween the gridlines. When I choose minor gridlines I get double the gridlines. I just want a gridline above each number in my y axis Double click the axis that intersects the gridlines, and on the Scale tab, uncheck Axis Crosses Between Categories. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tara Medway" <Tara Medway@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47400C54-74B4-4E67-93AD-AE8B3F09BE47@microsoft.com...

Check Number format
In Great Plains our checks were initially set up with 20 zeros. For some reason when running the Vendor check request report on some of the PC’s (on screen and to the printer) the entire check number does not show up so it was requested that we remove 8 of the leading zeros. I went into Cards>>Financial>>Checkbook and pulled up the appropriate checkbook and removed the leading zeros from Next Check Number and Next Deposit. When I print the report, the zeros are still visible. Am I changing the correct field or will this change not affect existing numbers in the report I...

Unable to attach an attachment using mail merge
Anyone know how to do an Outlook mail merge and have it sent an attachment to all merged recipents? I put the attachment into the basic outlook e_mail message and when it merges it strips off the attachment. I am using Word as the E-Mail editor and Outlook 2002 SP2 and merging contacts directly from an Outlook Contact folder. ...

Auto Number
Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In the bound form, frmProvider, I would like txtProcessProviderNumber to increment by 1 on each new record each new record entered during the Year. The year will be entered manually by the user via combo box in text field. Once the Process year changes to a new year I would want the numbers to start all over at 1. How can I do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Gary i n Michigan, USA GaryS wrote: >Hi - In tblProvider I have ProcessYear and ProviderProcessNumber fields. In >the bound form,...

Data entered from list automatically enters number in another cell
I am using Excel 2007 and here is an simplified example of what I need. Items Price Potatoes 4.35 Apples 5.55 Oranges 7.95 Onions 4.55 Carrots 3.75 Items Column is List for Valid entries in table below Prices are the numbers I want entered when I enter the Item If I enter Oranges from Dropdown List in A16 , I want Excel to automatically enter the number 7.95 3 columns over in D16,or if it is quite a bit easier, just 1 column over in cell B16 Example of table I want: My Entries: Excel Enters ...

How to use MFC Cstring class in Win32 DLL?
Hello all I am having WIN32 DLL and i have to use CString in it. I tried include <Afx.h> with project setting with both 'use MFC in a static library' as well as 'use MFC in a shared library' option of project setting but firstly i got error fatal error C1189: #error : WINDOWS.H already then i commented #include<windows.h> after that i am getting linking error mfcs42d.lib(dllmodul.obj) : error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in testdll.obj Debug/testdll.dll : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found i tried other options like includi...

sum numbers and ignore text
Hi there, I need some help please. I have a row of numbers and text and I need to sum the numbers only. How to do? a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 1 dnr 3 4 dnr total 8 thanks in anticipation ditchy Ditchy, a simple SUM formula will do it, since the SUM worksheet function ignores text values. So in your example, it's =SUM(A1:A5). -- DDM "DDM's Microsoft Office Tips and Tricks" Visit us at www.ddmcomputing.com "ditchy" <ditchy@ncable.net.au> wrote in message news:dda1ad29.0405221934.5787f60f@posting.google.com... > Hi there, I need some help please. I have a row...

uninstall from command line using alternate credentials
WinXP SP3. Is there a way to do this? I am trying to find a way for a power user to uninstall a program using the msiexec + uninstall string from the registry using admin account credentials. Alternativly, I have tried to get the user to do a "run as" on the appwiz.cpl file but I get an error. UPDATE: also tried making a shortcut and running as admin but there is still an error with starting the msiexec. It says something like error statring program, it may be disabled or have no associated programs. I checked the windows installer service and it is running. ...

Prevent auto recoloring of chart when using Pivot Table data
I have crated a Pivot tabel with data I want to show in a Chart. My problem is when I refresh data the colours of the "data series" changes. For exaple I want one of my series "OK" always be shown in green colour, but after a refresh of pivot all colours changes. This problem is not only colouring. If I have made changes to my chart so that one series ar plotted on a secondary axis, and I change it to another chart type (e.g. the secondary should be shown as a line instead of column) this also changes when refreshing the data. Most irritating! Anyone that knows how to p...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

Line Numbering
Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, how? Thanks "Ernie" <edeleon68@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:126f501c3f6ef$e59575e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, > how? > Thanks Use the formula =ROW() copied down. Hi do you neet the row numbers on your printout? If yes goto 'File - Pagesetup - Table' and check the option to inlcude row and column headings -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ernie wrote: > Can I add line numbers to an excel spreadsheet? If so, > how? > Thanks ...

Using Microsoft Map in Office XP
How can I add the add-in Microsoft Map to work in Office XP? Thank you for looking. John John MS Map not available with versions 2002 and 2003. MS Map Point is now the application used. Costs about $250.00 US. An alternate is to use MapInfo product(which was the Excel 97 and 2000 product). Very costly at minimum $595.00 US just for upgrade. http://www.mapinfo.com/location/integration But............found this tidbit on the net thanks to Debra Dalgleish. Mystery of the Missing Map Tool: If you believe Microsoft, the Excel Map tool is permanently out of action in Offi...

get sql server schema to xml?
Hello, How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to convert the entire schema into an xml file. thanks in advance. You can use a DataReader's GetSchemaTable method "suzy" <suzy@spam.com> wrote in message news:ckNyb.372$nL5.173@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk... > Hello, > > How can I get table/column schema of a sql server database? i want to > convert the entire schema into an xml file. > > thanks in advance. > > Oops, sorry for not posting the link... you can do it with the Connection Object as well... here's a ...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

How to get the associated application for a document
Hi all.. I am populating a CMainFrame menu with some document files. I want each menu item to display the icon for the associated application. For example, if the document is .DOC, Microsoft Word icon has to be displayed near to the menu item. I tried a lot of things, but without success... The last thing I tried was this: SHFILEINFO fi; CImageList imgShell; imgShell.Attach((HIMAGELIST)SHGetFileInfo(sFileExt, 0, &fi, sizeof(SHFILEINFO), SHGFI_USEFILEATTRIBUTES | SHGFI_SYSICONINDEX | SHGFI_SMALLICON)); int iImgNdx = m_docImgList.Add(imgShell.ExtractIcon(fi....

Hpw to serialize boolean to 0/1 into XML?
I can deserialize my Xml that contains 0/1 to bool, but when I again serialize it, value is true/false. Is there some way to force boolean value to be serialized as 0 and 1, not true or false? Thanks. Rita wrote: > I can deserialize my Xml that contains 0/1 to bool, but when I again > serialize it, value is true/false. Is there some way to force boolean value > to be serialized as 0 and 1, not true or false? I suspect it is not possible, looking at http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#boolean the possible values are 0, 1, true, false but the canonical values are only tr...