forms not listed in database contents, yet can add data to them

Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design view.
All the tables, queries, and macros are there.

When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and can be
used.  The data is stored.  So, it seems that the forms are still there, but
just cannot be seen in design view.

The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file object
even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem?

Thanks!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

You cannot open an entire database in Design View. Try opening it normally,
selecting a form, and choosing Design View from the View menu.

The default file format of Access 2000 is quite useable in every subsequent
version.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"rnie" <rnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design view.
> All the tables, queries, and macros are there.
>
> When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and can
> be
> used.  The data is stored.  So, it seems that the forms are still there,
> but
> just cannot be seen in design view.
>
> The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file
> object
> even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem?
>
> Thanks!

0
Arvin
2/21/2008 4:31:52 PM
If you can't see the forms in the database window, it may be because the
developer set them to hidden or prefixed their names with USys.  Jet
automatically hides all objects prefixed with USys.

If your database is an .mde, you will not be able to view any object that
contains code.

"rnie" <rnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design view.
> All the tables, queries, and macros are there.
>
> When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and can
> be
> used.  The data is stored.  So, it seems that the forms are still there,
> but
> just cannot be seen in design view.
>
> The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file
> object
> even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem?
>
> Thanks!

0
Pat
2/21/2008 4:57:17 PM
Thanks for your reply.

I designed the database and was able to access everything until today.  I
don't think anyone else has done anything to it or even opened it.

"Pat Hartman" wrote:

> If you can't see the forms in the database window, it may be because the
> developer set them to hidden or prefixed their names with USys.  Jet
> automatically hides all objects prefixed with USys.
>
> If your database is an .mde, you will not be able to view any object that
> contains code.
>

> "rnie" <rnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design view.
> > All the tables, queries, and macros are there.
> >
> > When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and can
> > be
> > used.  The data is stored.  So, it seems that the forms are still there,
> > but
> > just cannot be seen in design view.
> >
> > The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file
> > object
> > even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem?
> >
> > Thanks!

Check the scroll bar position on the Forms tab then. It may simply be out of
position. I've been scared by that a few times, lol.

--
HTH,
George

> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I designed the database and was able to access everything until today.  I
> don't think anyone else has done anything to it or even opened it.
>

> "Pat Hartman" wrote:
>
>> If you can't see the forms in the database window, it may be because the
>> developer set them to hidden or prefixed their names with USys.  Jet
>> automatically hides all objects prefixed with USys.
>>
>> If your database is an .mde, you will not be able to view any object that
>> contains code.
>>

>> "rnie" <rnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > Hi - there are no forms listed when I open up the database in design
>> > view.
>> > All the tables, queries, and macros are there.
>> >
>> > When I open up the database to add data, all the forms are there and
>> > can
>> > be
>> > used.  The data is stored.  So, it seems that the forms are still
>> > there,
>> > but
>> > just cannot be seen in design view.
>> >
>> > The database, when I open it up in design view, says Access 2000 file
>> > object
>> > even though I am using Access 2003 - could that be the problem?
>> >
>> > Thanks!

0
George

move cell contents

MS Money 95 data files

Inserting form values into a table

data input in text box

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Sorting Data #5

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

can't customize toolbar

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...

outlook 98 corperate forms

matching contents #2

Can anyone help ?