Format 05-11-10

In table A I have Paid_Amount which is stored as currency.  In table B I have
Membership which is stored as a number long integer.  In the query I have
PMPM:([Paid_Amount]/[Membership])  The query runs fine, but the data is a
long number.  I then changed it to say
PMPM:FormatCurrency([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]) and I end up with $0.00 for
all my answers. What can I do?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

well technically, Paid_Amount is being stored as Double or Decimal,
but being presented as currency.  When you divide by an integer,
Access thinks you are "integer math"

the solution, is to convert the integer to a double before dividing:

PMPM: [Paid_Amount] / Cdbl([Membership])

0
ghetto_banjo
5/11/2010 6:58:21 PM
PMPM:Format(([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]), "Currency")

--
Build a little, test a little.

"Pass-the-Reality" wrote:

> In table A I have Paid_Amount which is stored as currency.  In table B I have
> Membership which is stored as a number long integer.  In the query I have
> PMPM:([Paid_Amount]/[Membership])  The query runs fine, but the data is a
> long number.  I then changed it to say
> PMPM:FormatCurrency([Paid_Amount]/[Membership]) and I end up with $0.00 for
> all my answers. What can I do?

Advanced Find Question 11-13-07
Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Query / Window? I would like to remove them as possible entities to "search" against. Thanks in advance, Hi, That is not possible. I assume if some user dont have read rights on some entity then it will not appear in Advance Find. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant My Email :: imumar at gmail dot com My Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com "CPW" wrote: > Is there any way to remove entities from the Advanced Find Que...

Conditional formatting in empty cells
Using Conditional Formating from the Format menu I am setting the Pattern for cells containinig a number greater than 6 to Green. This works fine except empty cells i.e. containing no data, go green. Has any one got any suggestions? Best wishes Nick Are you sure the cell is empty? Or do you put a space character in that cell--or do you have a formula that evaluates to ""? If it's a formula that evaluates to "", you could use a rule like: Formula is: =AND(ISNUMBER(A1),A1>6) Nick Horn wrote: > > Using Conditional Formating from the Format menu I am s...

Payroll Check format in Report Writer
Currently on version 9, use direct deposit. I have modified the Direct Deposit Employee Check Other-L Direct Deposit Employee Checks stub on top and bottom-L and my changes do not appear when I print, I have check the security settings. I have modified the Direct Deposit Statement of Earnings and those appear OK. When I look in payroll setup my default check is 'Other-Single Feed' Am I modifying the wrong report in Report writer for this check? thanks -- Doug What is the setting for printing the direct deposit advices? As separate statements or part of the checks? If doing ...

Formatting and Styles throughout
I have a question for you about formatting and styles. I've used these in many programs and am well-versed using them in Word. I have now to do so in Publisher and am new to the program. The question is: how are styles most easily applied in a large document when things like headers and then body-text are grouped in style but not location. For example, a list of features and their operation. The headers and body-text are mixed throughout. Do I create a separate text file for each feature heading and then a separate file for each text body that is associated? If so, how do I keep them lin...

Mailbox Rights #11
I was trying to give a supervisor access to a terminated user's mailbox. It was not working. I do not know why. I must have done something while troubleshooting because now I can not access the mailbox at all. Even if I log on as the user after re-enabling. Please help. -- MC On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:01:02 -0700, Mike C <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was trying to give a supervisor access to a terminated user's mailbox. It >was not working. I do not know why. I must have done something while >troubleshooting because now I can not access the mai...

Formatting time in cells
Is it possible to display only the hour element of a time. i.e. 14.05:32PM displays as 14.00 or something simila -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Format>Cells>Custom. In the Type box, enter -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel hh "Alan T >" <<Alan.T.11f3hj@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Alan.T.11f3hj@excelforum-nospam.com... > Is it possible to display only the hour element of a time. > > i.e. 14.05:32PM displays as 14.00 or something similar > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelFor...

format end notes to appear at the chapter, not end of document?
I need my end notes to appear at the end of each chapter. Word puts them at the end of the document. Can I do this manualy, or is there a shortcut format I can use? Right-click an endnote and choose Note Options from the context menu. At "Location," choose "End of document." Make sure that "Apply changes to" reads "Whole document"; then click Apply. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Liz" <Liz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B9569343-3363-45DD-A61A-9990C9689443@microsoft.com... >I need my e...

Automatic Updates 09-12-10
I have a Dell Inspiron e1505 with Windows XP Home Edition - SP3. Overall workinig pretty good. I have Automatic Updates turned on and for some reason it keeps wanting to "Installing Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (update 1 of 1)... ", however just as it's starting a window entitled "SL18.tmp" pops up and says "SL18.tmp has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." My only option at this point is to Close the window and then the Automatic Update stops, but then after a while it tries again with ...

SBS 2008 install 01-14-10
Hi to all, Does the 3 install rule still apply to SBS 2008? I am almost to the point of doing the swing migration (waiting for my ram to arrive, the last piece of the assembly puzzle), and was wondering if I should install a few times like I did for SBS 2003. I know I posted this question the other day, but I don't see it anywhere, so forgive me if it gets posted twice. Any other gotchas to be on the lookout for as well? I am preparing for a swing migration soon. You might want to review to the replies you recieved the first time you posted this question. - L...

Outlook 2000 Error #11
I had to re-install Windows and all programs and now when I try to send/receive mail through Outlook 2000 it gives me the message that Internet Mail is not regestered properly. Please re-install and try again. I use the Office 2000 CD and have used the repair function to re- install and finally totally un-install and re-install and I always get the same message. I am running Windows 98SE. It worked fine before I had to re-install. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks for all of your help and input. Dale ...

Formatting cells to display grams
How do I format cells in Excel to display different weights? -- jamie81 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jamie81's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18516 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=376698 Examples...? Mangesh -- mangesh_yadav ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mangesh_yadav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=10470 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Formatting a date field
Is it possible to format a date field in excel such that :- 1) it accepts day, month, year or month, year or just year or blank and 2) you are able to sort properly on the field Bob M Formatting has no effect on XL's input parser. You may find you can work with this: http://cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm In article <f1pb6t$bik$1@lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Bob Matthews" <matthews@es.co.nz> wrote: > Is it possible to format a date field in excel such that :- > 1) it accepts day, month, year or month, year or just year or blank and > 2) you are able...

Chart with conditional formatting
I have a spreadsheet that I am using to keep track of the RSVPs to a banquet. The spreadsheet has the standard columns such as first name, last name, company etc, I have also added columns for table # (the table I have assigned them for seating at the banquet), a Y/N column to indicate if we have received payment for the banquet and a Y/N column that shows if they are a VIP or Speaker. What I would like to do is create a chart using conditional formatting in worksheet cells. I envision having a row for each table number, then a column that would represent each seat at the table (each ta...

Cell Formating Problems
This is what I do: I open up a brand new worksheet. I format cell A1 to text. Then I enter the number 1 into it. Then I format the cell to Numeric and the 1 in the cell does not change. it stays as (left justified 1. If I delete the 1 and type a 1 into that cell and hit Enter, it become 1.00 (a number). Whats happening here??? Why doesn't it convert the 1 to a 1.00 when format the cell to numeric? Why do I have to re-enter the number -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com brain It was originally entered as Text. Simply re-formatting doesn't change its underlying ...

Text wrapping 11-15-09
I am working on a 16-page newsletter. On at least two pages, a text frame or picture inserted into another text frame with type in it, will not push the type aside and allow it to flow normally around the inserted frame or picture. The new text frame or picture simply lays over the existing type, as though its a piece of paper taped to a printed sheet. This happens no matter what setting I make on the Text Wrapping tool. Yet, on other pages in the same newsletter, an inserted type frame or picture, when placed into an existing text frame with type, will push the type aside as ...

Format cell to display numbers instaed of ###'s
Not sure how to querry this in the KB.... but I want to be able to have a number such as 4 1/8 in a cell that is set at width less than what is required to display it properly. Same with a date/time entry. In cells where I'm entering text, the text will "spill" over if the adjoining cells are empty of data. No so with number's. How do I change it so it will display as 4 1/8 without widening the cell? If I place an apostrophe ' in front of the number, or format the cell as plain text it will work, but I really need to retain the numeric value. Thanks, David... ...

problem with adding column, formatting
I saved a workbook in quatro pro 8 to excel format and then opened it in excel (ms office 2000). some of the columns will not permit reformatting - changing the date format or changing from currency to accountant number format. I can not add blank columns between columns containing data. A window pops up indicating that Excel will not insert a column as I will lose data. I have attempted to follow instructions in the documentation and in the help screen but can not insert blank columns. In the transfer process does excel end up with locked column and row structure and/or formatting of so...

Office 2004 Update 11.2.5
Hi, Just a cautionary tale. I updated office last night with the 11.2.5 patch. Now Entourage, Powerpoint and Excel are missing. Spotlight can't find them and they are not in the trash. They have vanished from the /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/ folder. Word is still there and works. I guess I will just have to re-install from the disc. Don't know what caused it the log only documents things written to the disk not erased. Matthew OS X 10.4.5 512 DDR SDRAM 1.42 GHz PPC G4 Hi Marcel - Are you sure it was the 11.2.*5* update that caused the problem, not 11.2.*6* ? That is mo...

GP 10 SOP Document total does not match with Item Lines
Hello, I had been experiencing intermittent problems on SOP documents whereby the document total does not match with the total from all the items line Extended Amount added together. We usually only encountered this during posting as there would be a posting error when this happen. Because posting only happen the next day, it is very difficult for us to recall any issues encountered with the document during the data entry process. We are guessing that it may be due to adding/deleting lines in between the Sales Order Line that may had caused this to happen. Anyone in this discus...

Open CSV files without auto-formatting values
Hello, I am having difficulties while opening CSV files: If there is value i.e "6.1" which is decimal, Excel interprets it as date = 01. June (According to regional date settings) If there is value "16.04.07" which is actually date 2007-04-16, Excel again converts it according to regional settings, and finally there is 2016.04.07 Is there any settings or macros available, so I can open CSV file, and treat each column just as TEXT ? without any auto-guessings about cell type. Import wizard is not good solution this time. Also playing with regional settings is not ...

Page format problems
Page prints differently when spreadsheet is printed from desktop using WIN98SE (Excel 2000). Document was created in Excel 2000 on a desktop using WIN2000. Could someone help and explain why. Printer is LJ5Si. Do we need to upgrade to WIN2000 on all desktops. Running NT4.0 on server???????? Thanks Is it stuff like margins being slightly off? If yes, then I'm gonna guess that it's a printer driver difference (and that's just a guess). I bet that Win98 and win2k have different drivers (even for the same printer). You may want to visit the HP site and see if there's...

error message 07-05-07
When we try to re-assign owner on an account we are getting duplicate record message on some of our accounts but can find no duplicates. What duplicate detection are you using? CRM doesn't have a duplicate detection feature without a custom add-on. Depending on the add-on that you are using for duplicate detection, you may be able to change the criteria that it is using when it searches to see if the record already exists in the database. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "danaCRM" wrote: > When we try to re-assign owner on an account we are g...

format date in excel
hi, Can you format a date in a formula to recognise the date only? i have a column with the day number only and need to calculate the figure directly to the right as this day number reaches todays date. example: day cost to date 12 £60.00 if todays date was 11th september, to date would be empty but if todays date was 12th september, to date would have the figure £60.00 in it. thanks in advance, N.S. in the To Date column - assume it is C2 =(if(day(today())<=A2,B2,"") "Nigel" wrote: > hi, > > Can you ...

Date Calculation 12-05-07
I have two Date/Time fields on a spreadsheet, AppReceived and AppProcessed. I need Access to calculate the number of days from when an application was received and when it was processed. I've tried DateDiff, but keep getting errors. Can someone offer a suggestion? Thanks! DateDiff("d", [AppReceived], [AppProcessed]) should give you the number of days between the two dates, provided both have values. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "John Hansen" <JohnHansen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Does GP v.10 has feature to tie up with active directory?
Does GP v.10 has feature to tie up with active directory? Regards, Dennis Dennis, GP10.0 doesnt tie up with AD though BP does. However you might look at FastPath solution http://www.gofastpath.com/config+ad+-+sso.aspx -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads "Dennis" wrote: > Does GP v.10 has feature to tie up with active directory? > > Regards, > > Dennis FastPath works beautifully for this http://gofas...