Form to table data

Firstly I'd like to thank all of those helping guys like me.  Thanks a
million, you're helping more than you think.  This is the scenario.  I have
three tables which were automatically turned into forms.

Table 1 = ChanceryTable
Table 2 = ProtocolTable
Table 3 = CoupleTable

I start out at a form (Protocol Form) that works from the "Protocol Table".
When I go to the Couple's Form (working off the CoupleTable) from the
Protocol Form I'd like for the newly created "Protocol Number" to be
consistent with the new couple info that is going to be added to the
CoupleTable Form.

I have the "ProtocolIndexID" in both the Couples and Protocol table.  But
the only time the information from the Protocol Table is updated is when I
manually change the "ProtocolIndexID" number within the Couples Table.  Is
there a way I can have it connect to the couples information automatically
when I create the new Protocol Number?

I hope this makes sense and if I"m leaving something out please let me know
to be more specific.  In a bind and hope to get some help soon.  Thanks!
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Nov 29, 9:29 am, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Firstly I'd like to thank all of those helping guys like me.  Thanks a
> million, you're helping more than you think.  This is the scenario.  I have
> three tables which were automatically turned into forms.
>
> Table 1 = ChanceryTable
> Table 2 = ProtocolTable
> Table 3 = CoupleTable
>
> I start out at a form (Protocol Form) that works from the "Protocol Table".
> When I go to the Couple's Form (working off the CoupleTable) from the
> Protocol Form I'd like for the newly created "Protocol Number" to be
> consistent with the new couple info that is going to be added to the
> CoupleTable Form.
>
> I have the "ProtocolIndexID" in both the Couples and Protocol table.  But
> the only time the information from the Protocol Table is updated is when I
> manually change the "ProtocolIndexID" number within the Couples Table.  Is
> there a way I can have it connect to the couples information automatically
> when I create the new Protocol Number?
>
> I hope this makes sense and if I"m leaving something out please let me know
> to be more specific.  In a bind and hope to get some help soon.  Thanks!

Need a bit more info.

Do you have any relationships created for these tables.  Is there only
ever one protocol record for each couple record?  Is the
Protocollindexid an auto increment field?  Do you just want to pass
the value of the protocolid from the protocol form to the
corresponding control on the couple form?
0
jk
11/29/2007 4:41:49 PM
Yes there are relationships between all three tables.

Table 1 (ChanceryTable) is related to Table 2 (ProtocolTable) by the autonum
from Table 1 (ChanceryTable).

Table 2 (ProtocolTable) is related to Table 3 (CoupleTable) by the autonum
from Table 2 (ProtocolTable).

All the above relationships have the following for Join Properties:

Only include rows where the joined fields from both tables are equal.

Without "Enforce Referential Integrity" checked.

Please let me know if I'm still missing information.  Thanks!

On Nov 29, 10:15 am, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Yes there are relationships between all three tables.
>
> Table 1 (ChanceryTable) is related to Table 2 (ProtocolTable) by the autonum
> from Table 1 (ChanceryTable).
>
> Table 2 (ProtocolTable) is related to Table 3 (CoupleTable) by the autonum
> from Table 2 (ProtocolTable).
>
> All the above relationships have the following for Join Properties:
>
> Only include rows where the joined fields from both tables are equal.
>
> Without "Enforce Referential Integrity" checked.
>
> Please let me know if I'm still missing information.  Thanks!
>

> "jk" wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 9:29 am, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > Firstly I'd like to thank all of those helping guys like me.  Thanks a
> > > million, you're helping more than you think.  This is the scenario.  I have
> > > three tables which were automatically turned into forms.
>
> > > Table 1 = ChanceryTable
> > > Table 2 = ProtocolTable
> > > Table 3 = CoupleTable
>
> > > I start out at a form (Protocol Form) that works from the "Protocol Table".
> > > When I go to the Couple's Form (working off the CoupleTable) from the
> > > Protocol Form I'd like for the newly created "Protocol Number" to be
> > > consistent with the new couple info that is going to be added to the
> > > CoupleTable Form.
>
> > > I have the "ProtocolIndexID" in both the Couples and Protocol table.  But
> > > the only time the information from the Protocol Table is updated is when I
> > > manually change the "ProtocolIndexID" number within the Couples Table.  Is
> > > there a way I can have it connect to the couples information automatically
> > > when I create the new Protocol Number?
>
> > > I hope this makes sense and if I"m leaving something out please let me know
> > > to be more specific.  In a bind and hope to get some help soon.  Thanks!
>
> > Need a bit more info.
>
> > Do you have any relationships created for these tables.  Is there only
> > ever one protocol record for each couple record?  Is the
> > Protocollindexid an auto increment field?  Do you just want to pass
> > the value of the protocolid from the protocol form to the
> > corresponding control on the couple form?- Hide quoted text -

okay, that is one to one,

So you wan to be able to enter a protocol record, then open the
couples form and enter a related record.  If the forms ar about to the
tables, that I would just pass the value of the needed ID's from one
form to another, you can do this with VBA or by setting the default
value fo the control to reference the needed value on another form:

VBA:
This assumes that these forms are not continuous, meaning they only
display one record at a time  Also, the couple form can only be opened
from the protocol form or you will have to set the value through the
onclick of the control you are using to open the couple form.

this goes with the on open event of the form(couple for example)

     Me.ProtocolIndexID = Forms!ProtocolTable.ProtocolIndexID
     'the me refers to the Couple Form
end sub

FORM CONTORL:
or you can select the ProtocolIndexID contorl on the couple form and
set the following for the default value
= Forms!ProtocolTable.ProtocolIndexID

you will need to adjust this to match the naming conventions of your
project.

You can make this control invisible so it all happens automatically
and can not be adjusted by the user.  THen when you insert the record
from the couple form, it will have the appropriate ID from the
protocol form.
0
jk
11/29/2007 5:35:48 PM
On Nov 29, 10:35 am, jk <jordan.krisiskonce...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 29, 10:15 am, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

> > Yes there are relationships between all three tables.
>
> > Table 1 (ChanceryTable) is related to Table 2 (ProtocolTable) by the autonum
> > from Table 1 (ChanceryTable).
>
> > Table 2 (ProtocolTable) is related to Table 3 (CoupleTable) by the autonum
> > from Table 2 (ProtocolTable).
>
> > All the above relationships have the following for Join Properties:
>
> > Only include rows where the joined fields from both tables are equal.
>
> > Without "Enforce Referential Integrity" checked.
>
> > Please let me know if I'm still missing information.  Thanks!

> > > Need a bit more info.
>
> > > Do you have any relationships created for these tables.  Is there only
> > > ever one protocol record for each couple record?  Is the
> > > Protocollindexid an auto increment field?  Do you just want to pass
> > > the value of the protocolid from the protocol form to the
> > > corresponding control on the couple form?- Hide quoted text -

> okay, that is one to one,
>
> So you wan to be able to enter a protocol record, then open the
> couples form and enter a related record.  If the forms ar about to the
> tables, that I would just pass the value of the needed ID's from one
> form to another, you can do this with VBA or by setting the default
> value fo the control to reference the needed value on another form:
>
> VBA:
> This assumes that these forms are not continuous, meaning they only
> display one record at a time  Also, the couple form can only be opened
> from the protocol form or you will have to set the value through the
> onclick of the control you are using to open the couple form.
>
> this goes with the on open event of the form(couple for example)
>
> Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
>      Me.ProtocolIndexID = Forms!ProtocolTable.ProtocolIndexID
>      'the me refers to the Couple Form
> end sub
>
> FORM CONTORL:
> or you can select the ProtocolIndexID contorl on the couple form and
> set the following for the default value
> = Forms!ProtocolTable.ProtocolIndexID
>
> you will need to adjust this to match the naming conventions of your
> project.
>
> You can make this control invisible so it all happens automatically
> and can not be adjusted by the user.  THen when you insert the record
> from the couple form, it will have the appropriate ID from the
> protocol form.- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, the following line should read
 If the forms ar about to the tables

if the forms are bound to the tables
0
jk
11/29/2007 5:38:03 PM
Worked like a charm!!!  Thanks soo much for your assistance.

"jk" wrote:

> On Nov 29, 10:35 am, jk <jordan.krisiskonce...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 29, 10:15 am, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >

> > > Yes there are relationships between all three tables.
> >
> > > Table 1 (ChanceryTable) is related to Table 2 (ProtocolTable) by the autonum
> > > from Table 1 (ChanceryTable).
> >
> > > Table 2 (ProtocolTable) is related to Table 3 (CoupleTable) by the autonum
> > > from Table 2 (ProtocolTable).
> >
> > > All the above relationships have the following for Join Properties:
> >
> > > Only include rows where the joined fields from both tables are equal.
> >
> > > Without "Enforce Referential Integrity" checked.
> >
> > > Please let me know if I'm still missing information.  Thanks!

> > okay, that is one to one,
> >
> > So you wan to be able to enter a protocol record, then open the
> > couples form and enter a related record.  If the forms ar about to the
> > tables, that I would just pass the value of the needed ID's from one
> > form to another, you can do this with VBA or by setting the default
> > value fo the control to reference the needed value on another form:
> >
> > VBA:
> > This assumes that these forms are not continuous, meaning they only
> > display one record at a time  Also, the couple form can only be opened
> > from the protocol form or you will have to set the value through the
> > onclick of the control you are using to open the couple form.
> >
> > this goes with the on open event of the form(couple for example)
> >
> > Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
> >      Me.ProtocolIndexID = Forms!ProtocolTable.ProtocolIndexID
> >      'the me refers to the Couple Form
> > end sub
> >
> > FORM CONTORL:
> > or you can select the ProtocolIndexID contorl on the couple form and
> > set the following for the default value
> > = Forms!ProtocolTable.ProtocolIndexID
> >
> > you will need to adjust this to match the naming conventions of your
> > project.
> >
> > You can make this control invisible so it all happens automatically
> > and can not be adjusted by the user.  THen when you insert the record
> > from the couple form, it will have the appropriate ID from the
> > protocol form.- Hide quoted text -

> Sorry, the following line should read
>  If the forms ar about to the tables
>
> if the forms are bound to the tables

Hiding records on reports by checkbox on form
Hi, I'm in the proccess of buliding a new database. Its purpose is to store various organisation contact details and then to produce reports based on this that can be printed onto sticky labels. This much or basically finished. However, we naturally don't want to print the whole database every time, so I'm using a checkbox on the interface form that will filter the report so that only checked records are prepared for printing. Can anyone tell what code I need to use to do this, and where? I've tried various methods, but nothing seems to work. I'm using accesss 2003 by the w...

Find MAX data in sheet (Cell)
How would one go about finding the cell that contains the MAX info, o say any/all cells that exceeds 8,000 characters/spaces in a Excel page -- confuzedagai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- confuzedagain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2943 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=49148 1. Highlight the entire document 2. Select Format->Conditional Formatting 3. Select "Formula Is" 4. Input this formula =LEN(A1)>8000 5. Format with something obvious like green bac...

Make a pivot table from an existing pivot table
I'm trying to make a completely new pivot table out of an existing pivot table where the existing table is actually the source data (not the original data table). The problem I have is that this intermediate pivot table has 3 columns of unique values (with over 1000 rows) before we get to the data. I can't just copy it and make a pivot table, or create a mirror sheet that isn't a pivot table because of the blank cells underneath each change in value. I have this: Source Name Attempts Data Mail Joe 1 654 2 700 ...

PDF Table to Excel Spreadsheet
This has been asked in numerous places all over the web but I have not found a workable solution. We have a mainframe system that generates PDF reports for billing. However, few people in our organization these days speak mainframe. We need Excel to do calculations on the data. I began working on a method for converting using UEdit Macros and an Excel macro because the fields are fixed-width. My attempts have been unsuccessful. Here is what I want to accomplish: -Copy a region of text from a PDF -Paste into Excel -Break the values out into the appropriate cells. http://www.google.com/sea...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Best way to design tables for cascading on my form
My company inspects damaged cars for insurance purposes. Up to now, (relating to this issue) I've had tblDamageArea populate a list box on my form where the user can select the various parts of the car that were damaged. I've had this list include parts for multiple kinds of cars and I'd like to make this list cascade to include only those parts relevant to the car type inspected. I've created a tblVehType to separate Sedan, Coupe, 4DoorTruck, SUV, etc. which populates a cbo on my form where the user will select the type which will then be used as the crite...

Missing something basic
Working with Access 2003. I have a table of users, their phone numbers, and job classes called tblUsers. A query extracts that information into qryUsers. I have a form that uses the query as the record source called frmUsers. The form only contains a single combobox so someone can select the user for which they wish to view data in other forms. It works fine for the first user on the list in the combobox. Selecting any other user in the combobox causes the first record in the table to change to that user's name. For example: The table and the query both contain: Timmy Bobby ...

Export data in XML through Web Services
I have a WebMethod that retrive data from a DB and I want to return this data in a XML format. I try to do with the TextWriter class but I wasn't able to do, because I didn't found any example thet explain how to use the Stream attribute. Can I use the TextWriter or I have to use the XmlDocument class? Thanks in advance -------------------------------------------- Massimo Rizzotto -------------------------------------------- can you show us the code now, and show us what you are getting on the wire and show us what you would like to get on the wire? This article http://www.15secon...

Summing cells in pivot tables
I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-click on a cell that I want to add, the formula from that cell gets added. Eventually I run out of characters. Is there a way to switch how the cell gets picked up. I can manually enter the cell addresses that I am trying to sum but that takes forever. Thanks, Ted There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Ted wrote: > I have a problem summing cells in a pivot table. When I double-cli...

Forms and Reports from CrossTab queries
Hi All, I have read a few postings in this area, but they all seem to be very specific to particular situations. Can someone please guide me towards the best solution to my dilema? I have a form with two list boxes which contain many variables (answers to specific questions from a survey). When two different questions are slected I run a cross tab query resulting in a dymanic result of rows and columns based on the selections. I now want to display the result as a datasheet on my form and in a similar fashion as a report. Any help is, of course, greatly appreciated. Regards, John D...

Hiding a field from a sub form.
I know that this looks easy (and it probably is) but this is what I need to do. I have this code that I can hide a field within the same form ' NI.Visible = Not NB And this works just fine. what I would like to do is Hide a Field from a Sub Form and I am hitting a wall. I tried this, so please tell me where I am brain dead. frmDateEntry!product.visible = not NB Thanks in advance, -- -The Novice Learn Today, Teach Tomorrow Great Success is ones ability to ask for Help. On Fri, 18 May 2007 14:50:00 -0700, TheNovice <TheNovice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know tha...

data labels in charts
This is a probably one of the simplest questions but I'm just starting to chart again. I have entered a category title "year" in cell A1 and entered from 1995 to 2000 from A2 to A7 that I want to appear on the horizontal axis. I have entered a title in B1(unemployed) and 5 values B2 to B7 directly below. When I choose a "column" chart my vertical axis appears correctly but the horizontal axis does not include the years as labels. The labels that appear are the numbers 1 to 6 instead of 1995 to 2000. How do I make the chart pick up the data labels from colu...

new to making forms on access
Ok I have a table whihc has column name title and some survey question. Now i want to create a form so that when i select Name ( I guess this will be combo box) I dont know how to do that even where i can select name ? but when i select name the person title auto populates and so does the relevant answers to the questions for example i choose John and the title should auto populate and question 1 should populate also and so on but if i pick adam then everything related to adam populates. Your help will be really appreciated The table look like this Name Title Qu...

is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form?
is it possible to have datasheet smart tags appear in a form? Thanks ...

data extraction from excel
I need to pull information from one collumn. If the collumn is comprised of yes's and no's, can excel create a list of just the yes's? Try something like this: Assuming your list is in A1:B100, with A1: Question B1: Response C1: Response C2: Yes D1: Question (the same col heading as A1) E1: Response (the same col heading as B1) Select your list (A1:B100) Data>Filter>Advanced Filter List Range: (already selected) Criteria Range: C1:C2 Click the [OK] button to filter the list in place. OR To copy the matching records to another area: Click: Copy to another location Copy...

QUESTION- Simpler Way to Add a Data Series to Other Graphs?
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of XY (Scatter) graphs. When I add a new data series to one graph, it is defined by 3 values (Name, X Value and Y Value) If I want to add this data series to 7 or 8 add'l graphs, I know that I can copy/paste these 3 values to each of them. Is there a simpler way to accomplish this? thnx ...

Import Adobe Form into Access for Report
I am trying to import a PDF into Access to use as a report and populate the fields with a query I have created. I can not find any help in getting this to work. Can someone help me? -- Terry Foster Tax Trilogy ...

Publish Form Changes without restarting IIS?
Is there another way to publish form changes without restarting IIS? We run a 24x7 IT shop and taking down a production system for every change is a pain. thank you. Mike Presumably as you are 24/7 you have multiple CRM servers, so you only need to IISRESET one CRM server at a time, thus users will not notice any loss of service "BWIT" <user1@bwinc.com> wrote in message news:ObSXFVvWFHA.4036@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Is there another way to publish form changes without restarting IIS? We > run a 24x7 IT shop and taking down a production system for every chang...

pasting excel data in a powerpoint slide
I am attempting to paste an excel data table in a powerpoint slide but once pasted, the data is cut off. If I double click and enter the excel data table and resize the window from Powerpoint, the same data shown simply stretches to the new size. I have tried numerous ways of pasting from the excel sheet and it still acts the same. I tried a new workbook and was able to resize correctly. But to recreate all of the data and formulas in a different workbook would be difficult. Is there a setting or something in excel that is not allowing me to resize this particular workbook? Thanks...

many sheets from "master data"
Hi guys, In the last few days, ive posted some questions with some success, bu not being able to completely work though my problem. Given that I a novice/intermediate in relation to VBA, I am having extreme difficult augmenting the code to do what i like. Attached is the file so you can visualize what I am talking about. What I want to do is to put each "page" of data on a new slide. As yo can see, all the data is found on the first page. In column T, you ca see where each new page starts (as indicated by the data and pag number). I having trying tirelessly to get the code su...

table manipulation
Hi all my db has a single table, Table1. Table1 is as follows: AUTHOR;TITLE;PUBLISHER rows are not unique; i.e. I can have more than 1 row with the same author. What would be the SQL code to generate a table2 with the following structure: AUTHOR;TITLE-PUBLISHER;...;TITLE-PUBLISHER where every author now has only 1 row and titles and publishers for author are appended to the right as as may fields as necessary? thanks! hugh wrote: > Hi all > > my db has a single table, Table1. Table1 is as follows: > > > AUTHOR;TITLE;PUBLISHER > > rows are not unique; i.e....

Prevent equation from skipping data when referencing import data?
I am referencing data that is being imported from access in table on a seperate worksheet. When the data is refreshed, only the last new entry is placed in my seperate table, not all of them. How do I fix this? ...

Input formulas in a defined data range and convert results as valu
Hi, I have a dataset for users to view data. It has the following format till year 2010 and have portions of topics like forecast, shipment, aging .... and the whole dataset can go very long vertically. Within each topics is the type of products measured, below is an extracts of my dataset: Forecast Accuracy Jan 2007 Feb 2007 Mar 2007 Apr 2007 Prod A x x x x Prod B x x x x Prod C ...

Create field from append query based on linked table name
Here's the setup: Two linked tables called 'PHD' and 'XANS' bring in daily data from two CSV files. A union table-query puts the common data in both into the same name fields. This table-query is called 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE'. I then created a new table called 'SOLS_MAIN' and I ran an append query called 'SOLS_DATA_APPEND' to append the data in the table-query, 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE' into the new table, 'SOLS_MAIN'. The main reason for this was so that I could assign my data a primary key. Even though I have achieved my goal of merging the da...

Custom Roll up and Drill down calculation for Excel Pivot table
Greetings to all - I am currently struggling with a method to apply a custom rollup function for an Excel pivot table. I am trying to calculate a sell through % which is calculated as Sales $/(Sales $ + Ending Inv $). I want to be able to calculate this % at the weekly, monthly, and yearly level. I can successfully add a calculated field which works perfectly when the user has WEEK on the pivot table. However, if the user wishes to remove week and see the Sell Thru % at the Monthly level, then Excel naturally sums the Sell Thru % for each week in the month. This is not an accurat...