Form to display current month's targets?

We have a welcome form on our system that displays the current month's target
enquiries and bookings figures.
At present those figures are entered manually at the start of each month,
but I would like to store all the year's figures in a table month by month
and then have the system automatically pull the appropriate numbers when the
month changes.
I'm fine with the table design, but how do I tell the form to check the
current date and then display the relevant figures? (Or would it be best to
use a query to do this?) Many thanks
CW

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

CW,
    Several ways to do that...
    Try adding a month number to each target record.
    TargetDesc       TargetMonth
      XXXXX                 1                          ' Jan
      YYYYY                 11                        ' Nov

    In the query behind your form, use a criteria against TargetMonth...
        =Month(Date())
    Every time the date month changes... your displayed targets will follow
suit.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a welcome form on our system that displays the current month's
> target
> enquiries and bookings figures.
> At present those figures are entered manually at the start of each month,
> but I would like to store all the year's figures in a table month by month
> and then have the system automatically pull the appropriate numbers when
> the
> month changes.
> I'm fine with the table design, but how do I tell the form to check the
> current date and then display the relevant figures? (Or would it be best
> use a query to do this?) Many thanks
> CW

0
Al
11/20/2009 1:42:34 PM
Perfect! And so easy!
Many thanks, Al
CW

"Al Campagna" wrote:

> CW,
>     Several ways to do that...
>     Try adding a month number to each target record.
>     TargetDesc       TargetMonth
>       XXXXX                 1                          ' Jan
>       YYYYY                 11                        ' Nov
>
>     In the query behind your form, use a criteria against TargetMonth...
>         =Month(Date())
>     Every time the date month changes... your displayed targets will follow
> suit.
> --
>     hth
>     Al Campagna
>     Microsoft Access MVP
>     http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
>     "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>

> "CW" <CW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We have a welcome form on our system that displays the current month's
> > target
> > enquiries and bookings figures.
> > At present those figures are entered manually at the start of each month,
> > but I would like to store all the year's figures in a table month by month
> > and then have the system automatically pull the appropriate numbers when
> > the
> > month changes.
> > I'm fine with the table design, but how do I tell the form to check the
> > current date and then display the relevant figures? (Or would it be best
> > use a query to do this?) Many thanks
> > CW
> >

> .

It would be better to also have a TargetYear column of integer number data
type in the table.  Otherwise you'll have to amend the table's contents on 1
January each year before any user opens the form or they'll get last year's
January target.  The criterion for the TargetYear column in the form's
underlying query would be:

Year(Date())

You'll then be able to enter the targets for the forthcoming year at any time
before the end of the current year, and they'll kick in on 1 January.  Do not
be tempted to have separate target tables for each year; that's very bad
design as it encodes data as table names.

The primary key of the table should be a composite one of TargetYear and
TargetMonth BTW.

Ken Sheridan
Stafford, England

CW wrote:
>Perfect! And so easy!
>Many thanks, Al
>CW
>
>> CW,
>>     Several ways to do that...
>[quoted text clipped - 22 lines]
>>
>> .

KenSheridan

Change of recipient/sender display name
Hi All, Environment :- Windows 2003 x64 with exchange 2007 (All in one role) Outlook client :- 2003, 2007 We have created a list of mail contacts (which under GAL) in exchange 2007, these mail contacts are associates with external email address, each of contact has a naming standard for display name, for example, display name is HD Finance Manager, external email address is fin_manager@hdemea.com I want to configure outlook client to show the display name according to mail contacts whenever the email address is match to mail contacts list (GAL), for example, an email sent from the email a...

No Form Assistant in Quote Product Screen
While entering data in the QuoteProduct screen, no Form Assistant is available. Is it the usual feature or I need to configure something to view the Form Assistant? Also is it possible to see contact hierarchy in an account in the form of a Organisational Chart? Is their any add-on available in relation to this? ...

Form for table
Here's the problem: Access 2003, XP Pro- I have three tables that are related by primary keys. I have a table[Table QC] that has the field [EmployeeID], the data type is number--that field is linked to the autonumber primary key of the Employees Table. So far so good. I am trying to make a form that has a combo box that looks to the Employee Table to get me the drop down of the employees (Last Name, First Name). The SQL statement builds out okay, and I get the correct name config., but because the data type is a number it won't accept the data. I looked at the Northwind example and i...

Build Dynamic Query from Form
I am trying to build a dynamic Query from a Form. I keep getting an error that reads ‘Object qryFilter already exists’ I suspect it has something to do with the string of dates being passed to the Query; strDateCondition = "([Trades].[TDATE] Between [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboFrom] And [Forms]![SearchForm]![cboTo])" I am trying to add a means for a user to Query by Customer and Trader AND all records between two dates. This was working fine for Customer and Trader; when I added in the code to filter by dates I started having problems. I know the SQL will be li...

Sum in Form Footer
Hi Folks, I've made a the following calculation in form Detail section into text box and I've called my text box "Chaussures" =Sum([Chaussures])+([aldo])+([Feet-First])+([Transit])+([Globo]), this sum calculate the sum of Units which are into these text boxes "aldo", "Feet-First", "Transit" and "Globo" and this for each line record. Now in the Form Footwear, How can I make the total of units "Chaussures" I've tried a lot of things and nothing seems to work. Your help will be much appreciated, Thankign you in advance,...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

Appending in a sub form
I am creating a venue ticket tracking DB in Access '07. tblVenueEvent has info about Venue, date, time, event with a VenueEventID (key field) which is linked to tblTicketInfo which has section, seat, row, etc. I set up an entry form completing VenueEvent info with a sub form for ticket info. Some of the venues have a standard set of seats that I want to "auto populate" into the sub fom. I have set up a Venue table with the standard seats for the venue. I can set up an Append Query on the sub form, which does append the tblTicketInfo, but does not capture the VenueEven...

what is the name of a sub form download from microsoft website
i need to add a sub form to a form created in access. i tried to start the wizard but the feature is not currently installed. i try to install but it is looking for a disk for me to insert. i do not have a disk to insert. can i go to microsoft website and download the sub form feature for access? if yes, what is the name of the download. Are you sure it is not installed? Open your main form in design view. Click the Toolbox button in the menu at the top. There are two buttons at the top of the Toolbox, an Arrow and a wand. Is the Wand highlighted. If not, click on it then click on th...

Copy data from one record to a new record on a sub form
I have a form showing patient details with a sub form displaying all associated referral details for the patient. One patient can have more than one referral and I would like to be able to copy data from some of the fields on the current referral when adding a new referral for the same patient. Is this possible? Thank you for your help I am fairly new to Access code and I am having some problem following your suggestion could you please simplify. Also some of the fields on the referral records are selected via a combo box will these fields still copy? "Klatuu" wrote: > ...

How to display Total Item Quantity on receipt and Status bar
I would like to print a total Quantity of items purchased on receipt and the status bar. I found a way of displaying them but the problem is that we use tag along items for alcohol tax . This tax differs based on alcohol content and size, example a 6 pk of beer has $0.20 tax plus sales tax, a 750 Ml a bottle of wine has $0.116 tax . If i ring up a 6pk or beer this would show up as 2 lines(line one name and price for beer , line two alcohol tax tag along item) on POS screen and the Total items and total QTY count shows as 2 when in reality only 1 item was sold. This gets even more conf...

Is there a way to convert OE 03 form templates?
I have a user that has upgraded from outlook 2003 to outlook 2007 and has a form template from 2003 that is in a FDM extension. Outlook 2007 is unable to read this form. Is there a way to convert this form, or will the user just have to create a new form with their new version of outlook? Any information appreciated. Thanks, -AllenK What happens when you try to install the form? Any error message? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

form error
Help! I am using a command button from a subform to open form and I am getting an error. It says "the table tbleActivityNote is already opened exclusively by another user, or is already opened by the user interface and cannot be opened programically". I have this same concept on 3 other forms with now problems. THanks for any ideas. Did you bind your forms to tables or queries? You should be using queries. sue gray wrote: >Help! I am using a command button from a subform to open form and I am >getting an error. It says "the table tbleActivityNote is already...

Multiple Item Forms
Hi. I am new to your form and am struggling with the Multiple Item Forms. I want a combo box on the top that will select an id number from a table called 'SurveyA'. The multiple item form should then only display the records in a table called 'ActTravDiary' with that id number. As the ID number is changed a new group of records should be displayed in the form. I know how to initiate a change in one combo box based on another combo box (i.e. Row Source), but I cannot find a similar property for the multiple item forms. Please help. On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:00:2...

Rounding actual results
Hi, I've got a grid that says: Hr Min Maths: 5 25 English: 7 25 And so on. I'm wanting to work out how much time is devoted to learning in the whole week. What I've got so far is: Hr Min Total learning time: =A1+A2... (counts up all totals in hours column) My current answer for hours is 18. I'm stuck with what to do with the minutes column. so far, I've got an ...

Routing Forms
I'd like to create a form in a public folder that a user can fill out and click submit. When they click submit, the form would go to an internal recipient who would either approve or reject it. If they reject it a notice goes back to the sender. If they approve it, it would go onto the next level for approval. Is this possible? Are there any good directions? Thanks, Glenn Same here. GroupWise has this function, and we used it heavily. I need to do some deep research on it again. Todd "Glenn" <nospam@monsonschools.com> wrote in message news:%23EajC2pkEHA.2340@T...

Serialisation
A general query Im serialising a person object with the following member variables Class Person Private _forenames As String Private _surname As String Private _dob As Date Private _marital_status As MaritalStatus 'Public Get and Set Properties here for each of the above ' I'll not detail them all to save space but Ill show attributes <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="forename")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="surname")> _ <XmlElementAttribute(Elementname:="dob"...

Set Enabled On All Controls in a Form?
I am trying to set all controls visible, unlocked, and enabled, as the baseline for disabling or locking down some fields based on other criteria. Here's what I tried, which gives me an "Invalid or unqualified reference" error: Function SetEnabledFieldsBase() Dim ctl As Control For Each ctl In Me.Controls .Enabled = True .Visible = True .Locked = False Next ctl End Function I based this on several examples that were intended to do something to all text boxes on a form. (I have never done this before, so sorry if this i...

Open Continuous form with a few lines showing
Hi I have successfully implemented a continuous form to open at a new line with RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew in the Load Event However, you have to manually scroll a little to see a few of the previous records. It would be nice to see up to 5 of these previous lines on Opening the form Is there a way to modify this code to do that? Thanks Neil Change the form's underlying record source to a Top 5 query. In a query's design view, right click in a blank area, and choose properties. Set the Top Values to 5, then adjust your criteria and order by clause to ret...

Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change
I'd like to make a template that sets up some standard headers and formatting for new Word documents for a night school course I'm enrolled in. Among other requirements for all papers is to put the date the paper was created at the top. I'd furthermore like it so that if I need to reopen the document after creating it to say print another copy, the date written at the top will not change. In other words, when I create a new document using the template the current date is put near the top, but when I subsequently open the file for editing or reprinting it does NOT automat...

Show all months on report
I have a report that shows total shipments by month for specific items by totaling in the Month Footer. Some items have no shipment on some months so that month is not listed. Is there a way to have the report show all months regardless if there were shipments that month or not? Create a table name CountNumber with field CountNUM having integers from 0 (zero) through you maximum spread. Build the query below. SELECT DateAdd("m",[CountNUM],CVDate([Enter start date])) AS [My Dates] FROM CountNumber WHERE (((DateAdd("m",[CountNUM],CVDate([Enter start date])))<=CVDa...

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...

rudimentary database form maybe?
Several times a week i have a group of students penning out forms - i then spend the afternoon typing them all into a spreadsheet or a word table which i can use as a rudimentary database I'm looking for a method of using an electronic form for the students to complete directly My problem is that several students will be completing their own form/record/row simultaneously on several different (networked) computers and need these to appear as seperate records/rows I can't use Access since the company don't have it installed - but i don't mind using Word table or Excel s...

GENERATE a TEXT FILE Using INPUT from a Form ??
I need to generate a Text file using (partly) information entered by the user on a form. I already have the TEMPLATE for the text file......I need to generate a COPY of the file with the word entered by the user into the form INSERTED into the text file. The text file is actually code for a web page (will have an .htm extension). The file is simply an exact copy of an existing template with only ONE ITEM of the text changed to a word that is entered into a form by a user. Example: One line within the template file is: "We have several of these items available in BLUE." I have...

Adding button to Form, How to get the wizard?
Hello, I am adding a button to my form and I need the button to open, save or close other forms. I want the wizard to start directly after I add the button to the form. I started first time but than I have to changed someting and it is not running anymore. Can you help me? Thanks a lot Jan, When you have the form in design view goto the Toolbox toolbar and ensure that the Control Wizard (2nd button from the left) button is selected (highlighted). This button can be enabled or disabled. when enable the wizard will startup when disabled it leaves you to do all the worksetup yourself...

In excel how do I delete an option button form already in worksht
Hi Va Run, Try: Activesheet.Shapes("Option Button 1").Delete Change the name of the control to accord with your situation. --- Regards, Norman "Va run" <Va run@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3F4F80A0-347F-4603-ABAB-25B635E96C84@microsoft.com... > ...