Form printing problem

Hi all,
I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out
for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and
this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on
plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has
started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the
properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way
round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray.
We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my default but
the form still tries to print to the old printer. I can get it to print by
going to File, Print setting the printer to the new printer and remembering
to select Selected record(s).
All my other forms on Access work perfectly with the command button are
using the new default printer.
Any theories as to what may be going on I would prefer not to have to make a
new form.
Many thanks in advance

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

James,
    Chris is correct.  Printing forms is a "take it or leave it" process.
Even saving a form as a report is not a reliable process.

    You wrote...
>> > We have now a new printer in the office...
    While you might have been able to print acceptable looking forms on your
old printer, there are no guarantees on other printers.

    You might try getting the very latest printer driver for the new
printer.
    Often, printer drivers that come with the new printer are not the latest
version.
    Check the web for your printer make and model driver....

    If that doesn't work, then you'll really have to create a report (from
scratch, not save form as report), designed to looks just like your form.
--
hth
    Al Campagna

    "Find a job that you love, and you'll never work a day in your life."

"James" <James@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thank you for your reply.
> Even when I saved the form as a report I had the same problems.
>
> As mentioned I have been using and printing this form for 4 years without
> problem and this was the only form that I was having problems with.
>
> I've managed to find the problem it was a simple Page set up problem. I
> can
> only presume that someone had gone in and changed the settings.
>

> "Chris Reveille" wrote:
>
>> Forms are for adding, editing and viewing data.  They are not designed to
>> be
>> printed.  Create a report based on the form and print that selecting the
>> current record.  You can even save a from as a report as a shortcut to
>> desingning a new report.
>> --
>> Chris
>>

>> "James" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> > I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing
>> > out
>> > for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form
>> > and
>> > this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years
>> > printing on
>> > plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form
>> > record has
>> > started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change
>> > the
>> > properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the
>> > only way
>> > round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray.
>> > We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my
>> > default but
>> > the form still tries to print to the old printer. I can get it to print
>> > by
>> > going to File, Print setting the printer to the new printer and
>> > remembering
>> > to select Selected record(s).
>> > All my other forms on Access work perfectly with the command button are
>> > using the new default printer.
>> > Any theories as to what may be going on I would prefer not to have to
>> > make a
>> > new form.
>> > Many thanks in advance

0
Al

Display project by group
I need to display my Proj 2007 schedule using the group ‘Org X Area’. This displays just fine on screen but when I try to print (or even print preview) the three vertical bars to the left of the task name fail to print. I tried it in Proj 2010 beta and the same problem exists. Any suggestions to fix this – it’s no good to me if I can’t print. Thanks, Stuart Hi Stuart, No, sorry. This was noted awhile ago and I don't know if there are any plans in the works to change. If you take a screen capture (Print Screen) or save as a gif file using the camera button is it better...

First Try at Creating a User Form
I have exhausted my search abilities to find an answer to what should be a simple question. I created a user form that pretty much duplicates the built in Data Form. The major difference is that it does not contain all of the fields in the data base -- just a few of them and it doesn't have all of the controls only a Next and Previous control as well a Close. The form is just what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to display the values of the fields when I open it. That is the first problem.. I want it, like the built in form, to show the values of fields for each recor...

Not printing text box borders?
I am trying to design a form in Excel 2002 and I'd like to use text boxes but I'd like them to print without a border. I can't seem to find any way to turn the border off. Is there a way to format the text box so I can do this? TIA. Gary Vocks Gary, Is this a worksheet or UserForm? By "print," do you mean it shows on the screen but doesn't print (to paper)? If you want to remove the border entirely (screen and print), and you're using a text box from the Control Toolbox (Sheet or UserForm), set its BorderStyle property to fmBorderStyleNone. It's pr...

Problems with rules
I have a problem with a rule. When I get email from a certain address it ends up in my designated spam folder. The problem is that this particular email address is not listed in my unwanted email list and no rules are supposed to trigger on the message in question. What could be causing this? ...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

can't fix Money stopped working problem
I was able to access and use it completely a couple of days ago and I suddenly started getting messages that it wasn't working. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling from the CD, but still can't get past the log in page. I tried logging in and skipping the internet access, but still no success. There are no recent changes to my computer that I see. found a "fix" on the support site for money plus when it suddenly stops working. I can't update the program now because I can't get in. When I tried to change the DEP settings to except the files listed in the ...

Problem with objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")
Hi, I have found several examples of scripts that use this: "objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print")" to print text files. However, when I use it, I get a dialog box for every single file printed with the date/time and an OK button. This is really anoying if you have hundreds of files to Print. I have seen the issue brought up before, but no answer to the question. I did try to send it to NUL objItem.InvokeVerbEx("Print") > NULL but that did nothing at all. Is there a way to print all the text files in a directory with out having to click OK 100 ti...

Outlook Problem #28
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a user who when closes Outlook and opens it again, it says that = the Exchange server is no longer available. I setup the Outlook to = point to the Exchange again and it works fine. But when you close it, = it does it again. Any ideas! --=20 Maurice ------=_NextPart_000_08C5_01C45F62.7BD33710 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

Problems with autosum...
I'm using Excel to carry out simple accountancy tasks. I'm using autosum to total up a column of figures to two decimal places. In some worksheets it works fine, in others the resulting autosum value is 0.02 less than the actual sum of the column. Has anyone else experienced this problem or does anyone know a solution? This is a rounding effect. I expect you have formatted the numbers to show two decimal places. For example: in cells A10 and A11 you might see 12.34 and 10.54 but the actual (stored) values are 12.33612 and 10.53592. These add to 22.87204 which is displayed as 22...

Word as EMail Editor in Outlook, Smartquote Problem
Using Office 2003 in Win XP Pro. Word is set as e-mail editor in Outlook. Word is set to use smartquotes, as they look better than the plain straight quotes, in Word documents. However, that seems to cause problems in Outlook e-mail. Spell-checker reports that words are spelled incorrectly, and if sent as is, the other party receives them seeing squares instead of quotation marks. How can I fix this? Has anyone come up with a solution? You have to pick a font that you know has the characters, since not everyone receiving it is guaranteed to have the same font story that you have.... --...

Print Question Newbie Please help
I am creating a spreadsheet that I need to print on 11x17 paper. My printer does not support 11x17 but I can send it to someone that does. How can I format my spreadsheet to use 11x17 so I can see all the cells etc. My guess is I need to install a print driver that supports 11x17 am I on the right track? If so can anyone suggest what I can use? Thanks Tom -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 0 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails...

Print Debug Statement
Hi, I need to know, Is MFC provide us debug point printing on console?? I seen AfxDump() function but it is taking CObject * as input parameter. I tried AfxDump((CObject *)"Break Point"); But Unhandled exception at 0x7832e858 (mfc80ud.dll) in Sample.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x61657252. Please guide me, How i can print debug statements on console using MFC or any other win32 way?? Regards, -aimslife "aimslife" <momer114@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23AzDlOkQIHA.4712@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I need to know, Is MFC provide ...

need to get form property
hi, this is probably a very easy solution but I can't figure it out. I have Form A (frm_ARCall), subForm B (sfrm_ARCallInv) and Form C. From Form C, I want to change the Record Source property of subform B. I have tried many things but they have all failed. The latest is: Forms![frm_ARCall]![sfrm_ARCallInv]![Form].[RecordSource] = "fqry_ttARCallInv" NOTE: This line of code is on Form C which is a subform on another form (Form D). Please help -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 t...

Duplex printing in Word 2004 and Leopard

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

Problems when Ripping CDs to .mp3
I've started ripping a lot of my CDs to .mp3 format, but keep running into a problem when doing so. I'm currently using Windows XP & Windows Media Player 11. When I insert a CD, the ripping process begins as it should. A folder is created with the Artist name, Album name, Song titles, etc. Somewhere along the way, though, the Media Player and/or OS begins to "redo" things and creates a folder titled "Unknown Artist" along with a bunch of subfolders titled "Unknown Album (5-29-2010 1-46-31 PM). The subfolders all contain certain tracks f...

Print Access report along with an outside checklist
Good afternoon Is it possible to print a report that's in Access and then right after print an Excel checklist? Background: I work for a large construction company that does regular maintenance on their equipment. Right now we print a parts ticket of the parts required for the particular service they are doing & then we print a copy of the manufacturer's check list of what should be done (which is an excel document). They would like to automate this procedure so that when you print the parts ticket it will automatically print the required manufacturer's ...

Strange problem after migration
After migrating over to Server 2003 and Exchange 2003 we are having a strange user poblem with Exchange. I migrated the user accounts over with the ADM tool then installed/migrated exchange over from 5.5. Now when I try to connect to OWA or using Outlook I have to login as: HCS\jhay instead of just jhay. HCS was the old NT4 domain and now my new domain is trillion21. I did the steps listed in Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Deployment Guide and everything went fine with no errors. Another thing is that if I go into AD Users and right click on a user it does not have any Exchange taks e...

Contact selection problem in CRM 4 Mail Merge
I can use mail merge option for all contacts on page (grid) without any problems, but if I select one contact or a small selection of contacts the merge resulting list has one entry but only data from the user entity, not from the contact entity...I have no contacts to merge. Merge also fails if I select a merge from an open contact form. I have selected contact attributes in the template. I have administrative rights. Any ideas? ...

Printing #12
I have a spreadsheet that is merely a list of names (i.e. one column) - I would like to print the column on as few pages as possible. how do I get excel to continue printing at the top of the first page if there is space? John, There is nothing built into Excel to do this. You have to write code, use some built in features in Word or use a utility/add-in. My Excel add-in "Side by Side" will do what you want... Columns of data are arranged into two or three side by side groups on successive pages. Data sequence is maintained and the area above the data is not changed. A new wor...

Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect
I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template), while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully it's better in 2007. Thank you. A document can only have one type ...

Printing Shuts down Great Plains
I have one user who's WinXP PC has a printing problem. When she tries to print payroll checks, including bonus checks and vacation payout checks, Great Plains shuts down. I have tried new print drivers & a remove and reinstall of GP. I tried going into payroll setup options and unselecting "Pay Codes" in "Include Codes with YTD Amounts on Checks". Printing outside GP v8.0 sp3 is fine. Any other ideas? Please check the printer. Is it installed properly? Can you try to print to this printer from Great Plains. Is the report a modified report? Can you try t...

Create A Batch Recovery Routine For Printing Payroll Checks
There is no easy recovery if the system crashes after you have printed payroll checks but before you have run the Post Checks Routine. A recovery should be created like other posting routines in GP do. See Case ID 8916432 for description of what happened to us. Support was able to duplicate it by simulating a crash after checks printed, but before they were posted. Payroll is too important to not have a gracefull way of recovering when the system crashes. Luckily my problem only involved a run for a single check. It would be a nightmare to fix if this had been on our regular payr...

selection in Print dialog not available
Had been using Work 2003 and just started using Work 2010 trial version which seems to have removed the option of printing a selection from the print dialog On Wed, 2 Dec 2009 04:06:02 -0800, Anneen <Anneen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Had been using Work 2003 and just started using Work 2010 trial version which >seems to have removed the option of printing a selection from the print dialog You haven't spent enough time exploring. :-) If you go to File > Print (or press Ctrl+P), the first item under the Settings heading defaults to Print All Pages. Cli...