form accessibility in mde

If the program is in .mde format, is there any way to get the names of the controls in a form? I'm using a 3rd party scripting language and I'm wondering if it's possible to modify the form data through COM..Or is it possible to create vba macros altough the program is in mde?
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

> The access program connects to a sql server and I've got no rights there. > So> the only way to get information is to use the form "human" way. When the > data> is loaded to the form, I might get it from the controls through COM.Yes, but if that access can connect to sql server, then so can you!!!I don't really see how you "get around" any issues of security, or access to the data. If the user has permissions, then so do you....at the very worst, you could pull the sql connection string from the ms-access application..but, really, that is a bit of overkill when you can connect to sql server.-- Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)Edmonton, Alberta CanadapleaseNOOSpamKallal@msn.com
0
Albert
3/13/2007 9:26:33 PM
Please correct me if I'm wrongbut 'Application Roles' could easily be used to allow SQL Server towork with Access but not via Query Analyzer.. right?it might take an extra line or two of code; but not overkill; and notunrealisticOn Mar 13, 2:26 pm, "Albert D. Kallal" <PleaseNOOOsPAMmkal...@msn.com>wrote:> > The access program connects to a sql server and I've got no rights there.> > So> > the only way to get information is to use the form "human" way. When the> > data> > is loaded to the form, I might get it from the controls through COM.>> Yes, but if that access can connect to sql server, then so can you!!!>> I don't really see how you "get around" any issues of security, or access to> the data. If the user has permissions, then so do you....>> at the very worst, you could pull the sql connection string from the> ms-access application..but, really, that is a bit of overkill when you can> connect to sql server.>> --> Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)> Edmonton, Alberta Canada> pleaseNOOSpamKal...@msn.com
0
dbahooker

windows 2003 server directory access problem
hi,all I install oracle server 9.2 on a 2003 server ,and the ora92 directory access permission is as below: D:\oracle>xcacls ora92 D:\oracle\ora92 NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users:(OI)(CI)(special access:) READ_CONTROL FILE_READ_DATA FILE_READ_EA FILE_EXECUTE FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)F ...

can I make access remember a last unbound number
I want to 'store' a number (which changes frequently) in an unbound text box, but do not want it stored in any tables. Can this be done? The number is used to reference a user start point, but I want it to still be there when the database is reopened. "efandango" <efandango@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5F6D14E-3B48-4DD5-8A7E-3C6477AE8B01@microsoft.com... >I want to 'store' a number (which changes frequently) in an unbound text >box, > but do not want it stored in any tables. Can this be done? > > The number is...

Windows 2003 Support of Access Database
Hi All, I want to know which version of Access Database is supported by Windows 2003.So that I can plan the converion. Thanks in Anticipation, Vaibhav ...

Access 97 upsize to SQL 2K
OK - someone here gave me a suggestion on using the (newer) upsizing wizard to do this. I thought I had saved that post but now I can't seem to find it. So if anyone knows: 1) Where can I find the version of the Wizard that works with SQL 7; and 2) What is the modification I need to make to the code so it works with SQL 2K. TIA! We use the Access 97 upsize wizard, which doesn't do nVarChar. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f5c7a907-7c5f-46cb-9157-a1ec4e96083d&displaylang=en If you use the later wizards, you will have to convert the nVarChar to VarChar, b...

intermittent access to public folders PLEASE READ!!
I have about ten users that cannot access one public folder tree off and on. They can access all other folders without error. The folder is a third level folder, and all permissions are set at the root. Both Default and Anonyms have contributor permission all the way down the tree. If I add the users directly to the fold they gain access for a few hours, then they cannot access again. There is a 1000 users in the enterprise, and everyone else is not having any problems. ANY IDEAS would be great. How many servers you have? If there are several it might be replication problem. Or ...

Clearing the Form Filter
Hello. I have a switchboard with a text box and a button that finds what ever I put in the text box on a different form (I used the wizard for that). In the other form I have created a ComboBox with the wizard but now when I use that combo box to search for other records that I want to appear on the same for it doesn't. I noticed that in the Form properties there was some information like [Task ID]='CM041' in the Filter properties. When I removed [Task ID]='CM041' and went back into the form view I was able to menuever through my records using the combo box on the fo...

Access table printing problems
The access table I am trying to print prints the first page only - 28 times. Do you mean an MS Access database table? If so, why did you post it in an Outlook newsgroup? "Grannie" <Grannie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9D7A517-ADDB-4326-A0C0-A9648F6E3911@microsoft.com... > The access table I am trying to print prints the first page only - 28 > times. ...

Access Run-time 04-30-10
I want to deploy Access Run-time 2007, but found out I can't because it will not run on Windows 2000. Are there any alternatives? Upgrading the OS (Xp, Vista, Windows7) is not an option in this case. Thank you, QB Sorry, but there's no alternative. Access 2007 (and, in fact, all Office 2007: see http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/suites/HA101668651033.aspx) require a minimum of Windows XP SP2 in order to run. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "QB" <QB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Access OnDelete message
How do you stop the Access message when you delete a record. I want to create my own but can't figure out how to stop the Access delete confirmation message. You set the Response variable to the constant "acDataErrContinue" value in the BeforeDelConfirm event procedure: Private Sub Form_BeforeDelConfirm(Cancel As Integer, Response As Integer) On Error Resume Next Response = acDataErrContinue End Sub -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "ABM" <ABM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5709F966-E802-42E6-9B77-BAA223623AFE@microsoft.co...

different fonts in access
Thank's to the one who pointed out the possibility of forms in Access. Unfortunately that does not help me any further. Because when I chance the font into Hebrew in the form - which has not the same signs in English (letter v on the keyboard is not equal to v in Hebrew) and is written from right to left for instance tohoe becomes zulsr - the text in the tabel changes as well. it becomes nonsense. Any suggestions on how to solve this? You need to change your keyboard settings and lanugage Start -> Control Panel -> Regional and Language settings -- Wayne Manchester, England....

Print a report from a form based on a query
I have a form that I enter a parameter and run a query which pulls anywhere from 1-???? records. After these records are displayed, I have the option of printing them (as a report) from a print command button which I can't get to work. My form has a header with an Equip code and multiple detail lines. This code is passed to a query which would run and pull my data again as the report has more data in the online form. My problem is that this isn't getting to the report. Am I making this more complicated than it has to be. On Fri, 14 May 2010 12:57:01 -0700, Mommybear ...

I keep getting "disk media is not recognized. It may not be form.
I have lost over 4 hours of work and need assistance accessing it...help :o) Hi are you saving directly to a floppy disc?. If yes: Don't do this!!! -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Emerald wrote: > I have lost over 4 hours of work and need assistance accessing > it...help :o) ...

Cannot delete e-mail
When I try to delete an e-mail message I receive an error message 'outlook.pst could not be accessed' I don't know the solution to this issue. >-----Original Message----- >When I try to delete an e-mail message I receive an error >message 'outlook.pst could not be accessed' > >I don't know the solution to this issue. > >. >Try pressing the shift key and delete key simultaneous, this should permanently delete the msg. Mark ...

Query Filteration
I want a query to return a result after filteration upon the basis of entries as per the entry in ID of either the form "Clnt" or the form "Trans", whichever is opened. However, if the "Trans" form is open the following query still asks for the Parameter Value "[Forms]![Clnt]![SetAc].[Form]![ID]" and ends if Cancel pressed. SELECT COA.AcNo, COA.Acc, COA.Set FROM COA WHERE (((COA.Set)=[Forms]![Clnt]![SetAc].[Form]![ID]) Or ((COA.Set)=[Forms]![Trans]![ID])); How 2 overcome/resolve the same? -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! ...

convert .mdb to .mde
how to convert the extension .mdb to .mde and what's the use of this? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200707/1 You do the conversion under Tools | Database Utilities. The point is that it locks the design of forms, reports and modules so that your users cannot change them. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "mroks via AccessMonster.com" <u35438@uwe> wrote in message news:74c272c7245fa@uwe... > how to convert the extension .mdb to .mde a...

Access data into Excel across columns
Is there a way to create an Access report that would take the field 'names' and expand the records from left to right (text vertical) rather than from top to bottom? The other alternative would be to bring the data into Excel and have it populate pre-formatted cells from left to right (across columns). I'm using Office XP Thanks in advance! ...

access to excel
Is there a way i can setup a db in access, enter my information, then transfer it to excel. In the excel spreadsheet it will need to be formatted into a table that has fields down the left side going across and fields across the top going down.. Is this possible? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200710/1 What we have now is an excel spreadsheet one person uses. The user enters different information in the spreadsheet everyweek and send it to different companies. What the user is wanting is a quicker way of entering the inform...

Upgrade versions of Access and Expression Web 3
I have "Office Home and Student 2007" and this is installed in 2 laptops and 1 desktop and home use only. I need to purchase Access and expression web. Can I purchase "Office Access 2007 Upgrade" and "Expression Web 3 Upgrade" versions. In the microsoftstore website it says "Upgrade available on these qualifying applications:" and one of them is "Any 2000-2007 Microsoft Office suite, and any Microsoft Office XP suite" for all 2 softwares. So, in this case, I can purchase upgrade versions of the softwares if they require any 20...

Quick Access Toolbar
Is it possible to have Quick Access Toolbar show 2 rows at once? OR text instead of icons? Since this is all I can customize, I have loads of icons with no clue what each one for at a glance without hovering. Not keyboard friendly is this version of Word :( Debbie wrote: > Is it possible to have Quick Access Toolbar show 2 rows at once? OR text > instead of icons? > No > Since this is all I can customize, I have loads of icons with no clue what > each one for at a glance without hovering. > > Not keyboard friendly is this version of Word :...

Access 2007 Saving report in RTF
I'm using Access 2007 and deploying a small app with the runtime. One of the choices for saving a report is to use the RTF format - which makes it viewable in WORD. However, the sole picture in the report - which is saved in a control of the Type ATTACHMENT does not display when the file is opened in WORD. It will however, print when the record is printed. This seems to be odd to me - how do I get the picture to display with the rest of the record in WORD ? I cannot use the bound object control as I get the OLE server not registered, and running the regexe tool will not correct...

Controlling user access to MS CRM in a Multi-tenant environment.
Hi all, How can i prevent concurrent user logging to CRM concurrently using same logging details. the client has one licence, but other staff members are able to log onto CRM use same credentials at the same time. i want to be able to prevent othe people from logging in if there one already logged in. -- ...

Email access on home network
I have 2 home PCs networked on windows XP. One is the gateway to the internet. I would like to be able to acess , read , send emails from both PCs . Can i setup a network path on one pc (the none gatesway) to the mail boxes on the other ? Happy to use either Outlook or Outlook Express , if one supports this better than the other. Thanks in advance "Greg Roberts" <Greg@NOSPAMvirgilsoft.com> wrote in news:uHHdJ1sdDHA.1884@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl: > I have 2 home PCs networked on windows XP. One is the gateway to the > internet. > > I would like to be able to ac...

How do I Lock a field in a sub-form
I have a customer info input form and link to a subform. However, I would like to lock a particular field in this subform and leave the rest of the fileds in this subform unlock. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot. pat c On 7 Feb, 14:06, pat c <p...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a customer info input form and link to a subform. =A0However, I wou= ld > like to lock a particular field in this subform and leave the rest of the > fileds in this subform unlock. =A0 > Anyone can help? =A0 Thanks a lot. > > pat c locked as in design_mode -> Properties of t...

open a form at a certain time
I have a form that has a "time" field set to a numeric value. The user inputs a value in this field that is actually a "minute" value that is required by the user for the program to trigger a reminder form to open. ie. they set the value to 15 if they want to be reminded in 15 minutes etc. Once this setting is made the program updates another field with the start time ,which is now(). So the user is basically saying 15 min from now remind me to do something by opening another form. What i am having difficulty with is the timer function. How do i get the program ...

To insert a picture in a form
I inserted a picture in GIF format in a form. The picture is animated GIF file. But, the animation does not works in the form? How can i make the animation work in the form? Hi, Ivan F Moala has a workbook describing a method here http://www.xcelfiles.com/Excel04.html#anchor_59 -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Subodh" wrote: > I inserted a picture in GIF format in a form. The picture is animated > GIF file. But, the ani...