Fore Color Field Problem

Hi

I have problem with fields from the main form that thier value is from
a subform query subtotal result - after the main form is open I
changed the fore color to red and I saw that with the debugger but
when I open the main form I see that the fore color of the fields is
black again.
I don't know what is the cause for changing of the fields for color
from red to black again.

Can you please help me with that?

Thanks

0
Chipcom
5/5/2007 8:29:48 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On May 5, 2:31 pm, hmadyson <hmady...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> I think that this is going to be tricky to solve without seeing your
> application, but I am wondering which event is changing the color of your
> fields? I would guess that you want the current event so that when you open
> the record it changes the color, or do you have this being done on an event
> on the subform.
>
> If you cannot figure this one out, I can help you if you send me the
> database (try to make it small) to
> k-a-r-e-n-y-y-y-1-at-c-o-m-c-a-s-t-dot-n-e-t.
>
> Please let me know if I can provide more assistance.
>

> "Chipcom" wrote:
> > Hi
>
> > I have problem with fields from the main form that thier value is from
> > a subform query subtotal result - after the main form is open I
> > changed the fore color to red and I saw that with the debugger but
> > when I open the main form I see that the fore color of the fields is
> > black again.
> > I don't know what is the cause for changing of the fields for color
> > from red to black again.
>
> > Can you please help me with that?
>
> > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

If I using a Form and subform query what is the order of loading, Wich
object runs firs and wich is the last?
When do I know that the query ends the action?

Thanks

0
Chipcom
5/12/2007 11:17:05 AM
Here is a spreadsheet that explains the order of events on forms

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access/HP051867611033.aspx

"Chipcom" wrote:

> On May 5, 2:31 pm, hmadyson <hmady...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > I think that this is going to be tricky to solve without seeing your
> > application, but I am wondering which event is changing the color of your
> > fields? I would guess that you want the current event so that when you open
> > the record it changes the color, or do you have this being done on an event
> > on the subform.
> >
> > If you cannot figure this one out, I can help you if you send me the
> > database (try to make it small) to
> > k-a-r-e-n-y-y-y-1-at-c-o-m-c-a-s-t-dot-n-e-t.
> >
> > Please let me know if I can provide more assistance.
> >

> > "Chipcom" wrote:
> > > Hi
> >
> > > I have problem with fields from the main form that thier value is from
> > > a subform query subtotal result - after the main form is open I
> > > changed the fore color to red and I saw that with the debugger but
> > > when I open the main form I see that the fore color of the fields is
> > > black again.
> > > I don't know what is the cause for changing of the fields for color
> > > from red to black again.
> >
> > > Can you please help me with that?
> >
> > > Thanks- Hide quoted text -

> If I using a Form and subform query what is the order of loading, Wich
> object runs firs and wich is the last?
> When do I know that the query ends the action?
>

> Thanks

How can I sort or filter by COLOR ?
Hi, How can I tell excell to sort a particular column by color ? Lets say.. I have cels in the column writen in RED and in BLACK. I would like to FILTER or SORT this column by color, so I can have them in 2 groups. Any idea? Thanks Alex ...

XMLnodelist and XPATH Problem
I am having a problem selecting nodes using the XMLnodelist Selectnodes using XPATH when I use XML SPY is successfully queries but when is use VB.net it comes up with nothing. Here is my code Dim nodess As XmlNode nodess = myNode.SelectSingleNode("//Web[@Url= 'http://localhost']") If nodess Is Nothing Then SQLrw.Delete() End If nodess = Nothing The myNode Properites ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ {System.Xml.XmlElement} [System.Xm...

Excel should allow me to change text color & font within tabs.
I need to use many different colors of tabs. The problem is that most of the dark colors have thin white text. I fear that this will be difficult to read for some people. I want to change the text to a wider/bolder one and the color to something more visible. hw I know of no way to change the Font color on sheet tabs. The size of the sheet tabs are governed by the setting for Scrollbars in Windows Display Appearance. Mine are at 18. Start there and work your way up or down. The font will increase or decrease with the size of sheet tabs. Win98 as example... Start > Settings > C...

Tax Estimator Problem
I have a problem with the Tax Estimator in Money 2004. For some reason Money doesn't show any transactions for the Home Mortgage Interest field in the estimator. I have a Home Equity LOC that is my mortgage, which is set up in Money as a Credit Card account (that's how Money sets it up when I choose HELOC as the account type when I setup the account. I have the interest portion of my payments set to go to the Bills:Mortgage Interest category. I have that category setup to tie it to Schedule A: Home Mortgage Interest (with form 1098) for the tax category. When I look at the Tax Sof...

Lengthen the state field to 30 characters
We want to lengthen the state field for Customers to 30 characters to enable royal maill addresses to be used and then postcode lookup addin can be used in places such as Gretna where the county(state) is Dumfries and Galloway ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 : OWA SSL problem
Hi, I'm trying to set up OWA. I've created along the default web site two other iis web sites. The first is the "internal" one with windows authentication, the second is the "external" one with forms authentication and visible from the web. In order to secure the logon, I want to setup SSL on the external site. The IIS server is set up to support SSL, but in the exchange system admin, the SSL port textbox is greyed. I was able to set up this port directly in IIS (443), but as soon I changed something in the exchange screens, the port configuration is cleared a...

Runtime Problem
I've been working on a database for 2 months with no problems. Today, for the first time, I got an error message which read: "Execution of this application has stopped due to a run-time error. The application can't continue and will be shut down." I have never seen this message before and I have no idea what is causing it. Do I just need to reinstall the run-time engine? Please help!!!!! On Mon, 19 Apr 2010 19:35:01 -0700, gagecres <gagecres@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No. You get this error when you have code that triggers an error and you ...

Best Practices for Field Validation
This is an architectural question and since I'm relatively new to MFC I hope I can get some advice from more knowledgable folks. I have an app that I'm moving to WinCE (4.2) with MFC and there are a number of dialogs--about 30--that each contain different fields. In this app there are a number of different units in use--e.g., 5.08 metres, 185 PSI, 1.8 in, etc.--and each setting has its own limits. For example, on a particular screen, field 1 can be set anywhere between 1 - 100, and field 2 can be between 1 - 60. Each field on each screen has this min and max. I'm looking for an ...

Database flag whether the attribute (field) is displayed on the form or not
Hello all! Can anyone point me to the SQL Server table and field that contains the information about whether an attribute field is displayed on a form or not. For example, if I remove the "Priority" field from the Case form, the attribute is not deleted but I presume there's some boolean field in an SQL table that is being modified by this change. I need to know where to find this information about the attribute fields. Thanks in advance, Hrvoje "Hrvoje" <hrvojev@recro-net.hr> wrote in message news:e8SrZ1gNKHA.5488@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello all...

Problem solved
I have downloaded the updates for windows, as i realised it's now an older version of windows etc. Outlook works fine now :) Marjon. ...

bound unbound fields into newrecord vb2005
hi, I'am trying to make an vb2005 application.I've a connection with a accessdatabase. on a winform i've some field which were scanned and are displayed on a winform. I compare this data with the data in the database on the same form, in a dtagridview. However , when i've receive totaly new data, i've nothing to compare , meaning i have a new client. how can i add these new data which are displayed in unbound textfields into a new record in the database ? regards, Jef ...

Field Service for GP 9
Hello, I am installing GP 9 from scratch and can not find the install for the field service module. Normally I would expect to find it under Additional Products, but it is not listed in the version 9 cds. Because of this I am getting an error when I open GP Utilities - "Unable to get extended version information for product 919. Any ideas? Thanks, Greg Field Service is always installed by Default now and isn't listed as a separate module which is why you don't see it. I don't know what 919 is but Field Service is 949. Typo? patrick developer support -- This pos...

Multivalue Field in Access 2007...
I have been trying to read a mutivalue field in an Access 2007 without any luck. I have followed the example at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb258183.aspx but have not been able to get that to work. Has anyone sucessfully accomplished this task? You might want to look in microsoft.public.access for the answer I posted there. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.accessmvp.com http://www.mvps.org/access "Brian Griffey" <BrianGriffey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D587BE95-7220-4769-BE38-15D68FF1CCD1@micro...

Linking fields in different table in same database
I have a database (Access 2007) that is used for holding data on and communicating with FE colleges. Obviously (?) each college has a number of contacts (up to 14) and these are represented in two tables – one for College Details and one for Contact Details which are linked by a one to many relationship. Most colleges have one representative on one of 3 groups, but not all colleges are represented on all groups and some not on any. The membership of a group is noted by a field in the Contact details. Getting a query to run to identify membership of groups is OK. But I can’t fig...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

Problem installing SP2 for Exchange 2003 on front end server
We have Exchange 2003 sp1 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 sp1 Enterprise. I'm trying install SP2 on the systems. We have a front end server for OWA, and two back end servers with the mailboxes. I know you need to upgrade the front end servers first, but when I try to do the SP2 install on the OWA server, I get the "Setup is loading installation." box, followed a few seconds later by "A fatal setup error has occurred. Look at c:\documents and settings.eventlog.txt for more information. Cancelling setup" The eventlog.txt has a number of normal looking statu...

Runtime import code problem
jst belowI am using ac2007 in W7. To allow users to import some tables, my code uses DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdImportAttachAccess. In my accdb file, It opens the import dialog box, the user selects a file, clicks Ok and then sees the Import Objects box with the list of objects to choose from. In the runtime accdr file, all goes the same until the last step. I see the dialog box, but there is no list of objects and no tabs for tables, forms etc. In center where should be list of objects it says Press CTrl_Break to stop. If ithas any relevance, what is Break? Any help is much a...

Problems with Palm T3 & Outlook 2003
I have a problem with the above and specifically Birthdays mulipling & Colours not being able to sync with each other. Can anyone advise on how to correct the faults or mistakes? Thank you!! ...

Conditional formatting problem 04-30-10
I KNOW I am being incompetent but must humbly plead for help: cell p3 has the number 412 in it cell t3 has the number 470 in it I want p3 to be highlighted in red if it is a number that is less than t3 so I used conditional formatting, use a formula, and wrote this for the formula, "=if<T3" and chose the format as the color bright, dark, pink and nothing happens I had copied the numbers from a webpage, so I tried using sugggestions from pervious questions/answers about getting rid of html codes: find alt + 0160, replace (nothing) and nothing happened I tried "d...

Replacing text based on a userform field
I've create a user form with multiple text fields. I'd like to use VBA to go find text in the document and replace it with what's in inputed by the User in the text fields upon clicking a button. Any help would be much appreciated. ...

How can I change the color of the drop down arrow on a filter?
The color of the arrow - black - is hard to distinquish from the activated color - dark blue. I'm looking to change the color to a more distinctive style. hi, A control must have a property that can be changed before you can change it. look in the property box of the drop down contorl. back color, fore color, border color is all i see that can be changed. Regards FSt1 "Stique" wrote: > The color of the arrow - black - is hard to distinquish from the activated > color - dark blue. I'm looking to change the color to a more distinctive > style. Good morning...

Office 2004 and the spinning beachball when saving, opening or attaching docs, xls, emails, etc? Anyone else have this problem?
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing hang-ups while trying to save, open, attach a file. This seems to happen when we are on our OS X.2 server. However, today it happened while someone was trying to attach a desktop file in Entourage. The normal experience is that you click on the triangle so you can see all your different file options and somewhere in navigating the files you get the colored beach ball that does not stop or after a while you get a notice that the office program has crashed and would you like to report your problem to apple or reopen your file. If you reopen the ...

exmerge problem #2
Running exchange 2003 w/ Sp1. I had setup RSG and restore a database into RSG. I was using exmerge and extracting users mailboxes and then importing it into the store database. One day the server crashed hard. I installed another exchange server. Moved the database to the new server and put everyone on the new server. I still have the RSG in the old server and I still need to use exmerge to extract some mailboxes out. However in the old server where RSG is, the store is empty and no mailboxes exists. When I run exmerge and point to RSG, it finds the mailboxes, but when I try to extract them...

Problems with Virtual SMTP server
I can't change any settings for the SMTP server in Exchange manager. I get a snap-in failed error. I looked through the event viewer and could only find DNS errors for the exchange server (2012 acouple of days ago). The client has an ISA server and the SMTP server is not set for split DNS. Today I saw this: The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: Your profile is not configured. An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011c-0521-00000000 This was the first time I have seen it and it happened only a...

Inventry field in Receivings Transaction Entry
I have done an upgrade from GP9 to GP 10. Since the upgrade the additional line on the Receivings Transaction Entry window is missing, the fields in question are: Inventry Account, Tax Detail ID, Change Reason and Tax Amount. How do I get this back on again? -- Stephen Great Plains Consultant Stephen, was this a customization you had in GP 9.0? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Stephen" <Stephen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9123...