Filter records that include certain text strings

I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then
the program will search for all records that contain that text string and
display them. The filter functions are exclusive.
--
W Dean Welch
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Jul 6, 6:34 pm, Dean Welch <wdeanwe...@bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then
> the program will search for all records that contain that text string and
> display them. The filter functions are exclusive.
> --
> W Dean Welch

In the same field?

Just pass a filter in the open event of the report, and create a valid
WHERE statement without the "Where" on the front...

0
pietlinden
7/7/2007 1:06:29 AM
How do I mix a parameter and a filter?
--
W Dean Welch

On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 16:34:02 -0700, Dean Welch <wdeanwelch@bellsouth.net>
wrote:

>I want to create customized reports where a user can enter text strings, then
>the program will search for all records that contain that text string and
>display them. The filter functions are exclusive.

Base the Report on a query referencing a textbox on the form:

LIKE "*" & [Forms]![NameOfForm]![NameOfTextbox] & "*"

and launch the report from a command button on the form.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

CTabCtrl and retrieving text with GetItem
I am using the following code to show a popup menu when the user right clicks on a tab in a CTabCtrl: void CTabBar::OnRButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { TCHITTESTINFO info; info.pt.x = point.x; info.pt.y = point.y; long tab = m_tabctrl.HitTest(&info); if (tab == -1) return; TCITEM item; item.mask = TCIF_TEXT; if (!m_tabctrl.GetItem(tab, &item)) return; ....... My next step from here was to retrieve item.pszText. However - GetItem is ALWAYS returning false. For example, I have 1 tab and I right click on it. HitTest return 0 (ind...

How do I make numbers become text?
I am trying to create a spreadsheet where numbers entered in one location become text in another. I tried the Help option, but I am still lost. Please help, and thank you. From earlier postings: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN- US;140704& and: (courtesy of a cut and paste from a Tom Ogilvy post): If you want an addin that provides a worksheet function that does this, download Laurent Longre's free morefunc.xll addin found here: http://longre.free.fr/english/ It is downloaded in a zip file which also conta...

User able to see records that he is not supposed to
Hi, I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team X. He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I have checked every setting very carefully.Please help. IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG??? Cheers, kunal Hi, Kunal, Can you please provide the specific settings of the security role(s) assigned to the user? Thanks, Leslie -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This ...

How can I customize the Filter Drop down on the formatting toolbar
I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I have created. Can i do that? Project > Filter by > More Filters, then select each one, Edit, and remove the checkbox for Show in Menu. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I want to clear everything out of it, except the customized filters I > have created. Can i do that? > I've tried that - it doesn't affect that drop down filter list - whether they are checked or not. "Andrew Lavinsky" wrote: > Project > Filter by > Mo...

How to set a icons instead of a menu text?
Hello, I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for some reasons to set icons to describe my menus. Can this be done and how? Many thanks Breadl, It is possible to owner-draw menus, youmight want to check here: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/ and here: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/menu/ for samples. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Bredal Jensen" <Bredal.Jensen@mimosa.com> a �crit dans le message de news:%23hH2cnyxEHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > I'm not quiet sure this can be done , but i would like for so...

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Want Input boxes to accept unicode strings on Standard Windows XP
I have a MFC application that is currently built with MBCS mode. If I run the program on a Chinese OS (Windows XP), the input boxes (Edit Controls) can accept Chinese chars and display correctly. If I run it on a standard English XP, the input boxes won't accept Chinese chars (display as "????") -- please note that I have already installed CKJ on the system and IE and Outlook can display Chinese correctly. Is this just because of different MFC libraries used for the application? Can I force the application running on Standard XP to use the unicode libraries so ...

Export a range to a text file
Hello need some advise on how to procede I need to be able to create a text file containg some text as well as data that is within a named range in excel and then some more text. I can handle printing to the text files using cell values etc but am unsure of the best way to print the ranges data. Is there a way or procedure to just print the range as is in csv format? As well my range will contain about 6 columns, each containg a number field (formatting of decimal places is important, some have 2 dec some 3 etc) Also the range has a max of 50 rows however will always contain lower rows of...

Where is the Keep Text Formatting feature located in Word 07
I believe this Keep Text Formatting feature might be what I need, but I have been unable to locate exactly where it is located in Word 2007. I'm trying to rid a Word document sent to me of tables, text boxes, graphics and all other document formatting, while retaining the document's text content. It is unimportant to me whether the text formatting is retained or not. Thanks. Are you referring to a Keep Text Formatting feature in an earlier version of Word? I wonder whether what you're looking for is "Paste Unformatted," since you seem to be saying you _don...

Need an unbound text box and command button (Search)
I need to create an unbound text box with a command button (Search) on my form which will enable the user to find the current record for a space no. I would like the user to only have to type in the space no. My fields are: SpaceNo Current "Yes" I am not experienced at writing code. Thanks so much. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200911/1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 23:09:36 GMT, "Uschi via AccessMonster.com" <u25116@uwe> wrote: If you don't write code, it may be easier to instruc...

CONCATENATE text to create a formula to be evaluated
Hi, I am wanting to concatenate a set of text to create a formula. I have done so below. =CONCATENATE("=MAX('",O1,"'!A3:A65536)") The result is: =MAX('2009'!A3:A65536) ....but it treats this as a text string when I try to use INDIRECT Cell O1 contains the year minus 1. In this case O1 = 2009. All of my worksheets are named as a year e.g. 2007....2008....2009...2010. I am entering this on sheet 2010. Now the real question: How do I make another cell evaluate this string as an actual formula and spit out the highest number for ...

text in formula
Help!!! Is there a way to have a formula where a cell with text is in it, but it is not included in the formula. Like I have a random cell that appears sometimes within the range but because it is text and I do not want to include it in the formula. Is there a certain "symbol" that could be used? HELP!! Hi maureen, It depends on what the actual formula is, but *some* functions ignore text entries. You could use the ISNUMBER function to include only those entries that are numbers. Post your formula for a more detailed reply. Biff >-----Original Message----- >Help...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

"with <string> in sender" clause works on substring (matches on too many senders)
Outlook 2002 SP-3 I don't send myself e-mails but spammers would like to pretend that I do. They often must put something in the From header to be RFC compliant, so they throw in the same e-mail address as they shoved in the To header. Say I have an account called smith@domain.tld. I define the rule: Apply after receiving a message with smith@domain.tld in sender permanently delete stop processing more rules Looks good until you realize the match is on a substring rather than an exact match on the sender's full e-mail address. The messages do get deleted if I sen...

Filters, Can't Find Exception List In Rules
I'm trying to set up my filters for junk mail. I want junk mail with certain words in the subject sent to deleted folder. I found the filters.txt file and some of the words are already there. So apparently the filter isn't working. I tried to follow the directions on how to turn them on and they said to choose the exceptions entry in the rules wizard but I have no such choice. I know how to edit the filters.txt file but Outlook is not using it. Can anyone help? The Filters.txt file isn't actively used by Outlook -- it's really just a "readme" type file to sh...

Record Change Confirmation
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0081_01CAB184.C1BB7DD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Access 2007 sp2 I'm using the following code I found on the web, on a Single Form, to = have the user choose to either save the record or not save the record or close the message box and continue editing: Private Sub cmdSaveAndClose_Click() If Me.Dirty Then Dim BlnOutcome As Integer BlnOutcome =3D MsgBox("Record(s) have been added or changed." _ ...

Formula to reference another worksheet, locate data, then record i
Hi All, It has been over 10 years since I did my Excel studies and I've unfortunately forgotten everything I haven't used regularly. My office has recently upgraded to Office 2007 (upgrade not being the descriptor I'd have chosen!) and I'm struggling with Excel. I've found my way around most issues, but I'm REALLY stuck now and suffering Friday-itis on top of it all! Essentially I have a multi-sheet workbook for my debtors ledger. Each page has separate columns for the customer numbers, names, total debts in each age range (7 days, 14 days etc), totals and lastl...

Entourage has stopped retrieving just one certain person's email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop I have been receiving all my emails normally apart from just one sender, who i previously had no problems with. The email is sitting in my inbox when i log in via the browser account, however it just doesnt get sent directly from the sender. if I then send this person's email to myself, it gets delivered to my inbox. THe problem ahs only started in the last week, no settings have been changed and every other email is getting delivered. <br> My hosting provider says it is not their issue and they don...

Filter Report by Form
I'm using the following code from the wonderful Allen Browne which works perfectly in an either or scenario (either by Start/End Date(s) OR filtering by client name; but I don't know what syntax to use to filter by Start/End date(s) AND anything typed in the client name field. I'm sure it's easy but I can't get my head around it. I appreciate any and all assistance!! Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Remove the single quote from start of this line once you have it working. 'Purpose: Filter a report to a date r...

Selecting Text Box
Is there a keyboard command that one can use with the mouse to select the text box (frame) rather than trigger the Edit Text mode? When there are many objects on the page, getting the mouse to click on the right frame can be a real problem. But if the cursor is in the right box, some keyboard command (with or without the mouse) should help select the right object. Thanks! ...

descriptive statistics
I have a survey which has some text answers and some numerical answers. I need to complete histogram and descriptive statistics on this data but I get an error message stating my "data contains non-numerice input". Does that mean all data has to be converted to nummerical format? one way to solve theproblem use count if suppose non numeric data for e.g. a.s.d.f.g etc are in A1 to A100 find out unique set by using advance filter and then use countif function "allen367" <allen367@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E3E2CE4F-7A2E-47FF-8B6E-D88EFF52C...

Advanced Find should let me search records between two dates
When searching the system for records, many times I need to search for records that came in between two dates. For instance, I would like to be able to pull all records input in CRM between March 1 and March 15. In 3.0 you can only query specific dates like "Last X days," "Last X Months," "On," "On or After," etc., but you cannot search the date fields between two dates. The functionality was available in 1.2 but is not available in 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the...

Comparing records in 2 databases
I need to update an access database each day, with stock and price info, and then update it online. Is there a way to compare the before and after tables, and make a new table with only the changed records (only the changed fields!) plus the primary key? OR, does anyone know of a fairly inexpensive program that will do this? For Access 2k. Thanks! Tracking date record was created or updated, SQL Syntax --- It is a good idea to add these 2 fields to all your tables (except lookups). Let them be the last 2 fields. DateCreated, date, DefaultValue = Now() DateModified, date � set on...

Exchange Server 2003 Filter Rules
I would like to set a filter/rule on the exchange server that will check email in or out of our domain for key words in the header or message body and carbon copy the email to a public folder. I think I need a 3rd party solution if so can anybody recommend one for SBS2003 Thank you very much for your help. ...

cant send email to certain accounts
I started having an issue sending emails to any .net account yesterday. Here is the error I keep getting. I also can not get the Windows Mail help to open up. I click on it hit OK when the box pops up and nothing else happens. Thanks The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, ple...