Exporting Reports

I am trying to export or publish a report into word. The report has about 80
stores within it. Each store starts at a new page. Some stores have many
pages to them. I want to export the report out to word, but I want each store
to have it's onw location. For example: Laurel will go to a new document and
Annapolis will go to it's own word document. Right now I publish the report
and all of the stores are in one document and I have to copy and paste them
into there own document. Is this possible?
Lisa S.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

It is possible to choose the data that goes into a particular report, and to
create a separate report for the separate stores you describe.  It is not
possible (at least not simple, straightforward, and convenient) to print nor
export separate "pieces" of one report, if that is your question.  If you
have a relatively small number of stores, doing this manually may be
feasible; even if you have a larger number, with some VBA code to automate
the printing/exporting, it should not be difficult to do what you want.

 Larry Linson
 Microsoft Office Access MVP

"Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to export or publish a report into word. The report has about
>80
> stores within it. Each store starts at a new page. Some stores have many
> pages to them. I want to export the report out to word, but I want each
> store
> to have it's onw location. For example: Laurel will go to a new document
> and
> Annapolis will go to it's own word document. Right now I publish the
> report
> and all of the stores are in one document and I have to copy and paste
> them
> into there own document. Is this possible?
> Lisa S.

0
Larry
2/20/2008 7:49:07 PM
Are you saying if I use VBA code I can export each store info into it's own
folder or are you saying that is not possible. If it is possible Can you
help, because I have no idea where to start but as we grow it is getting very
time consuming to export the report and then cut and paste each store into
the own word documents.
--
Lisa S.

"Larry Linson" wrote:

> It is possible to choose the data that goes into a particular report, and to
> create a separate report for the separate stores you describe.  It is not
> possible (at least not simple, straightforward, and convenient) to print nor
> export separate "pieces" of one report, if that is your question.  If you
> have a relatively small number of stores, doing this manually may be
> feasible; even if you have a larger number, with some VBA code to automate
> the printing/exporting, it should not be difficult to do what you want.
>
>  Larry Linson
>  Microsoft Office Access MVP
>
> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to export or publish a report into word. The report has about
> >80
> > stores within it. Each store starts at a new page. Some stores have many
> > pages to them. I want to export the report out to word, but I want each
> > store
> > to have it's onw location. For example: Laurel will go to a new document
> > and
> > Annapolis will go to it's own word document. Right now I publish the
> > report
> > and all of the stores are in one document and I have to copy and paste
> > them
> > into there own document. Is this possible?
> > Lisa S.

If you use VBA code, and you have a table of stores (as I assume you must),
you could open a recordset, rst, on the table of stores, loop through the
recordset, and for each store,

  DoCmd.OpenReport . . . , "[StoreIdent] = " & rst("StoreID")

to create a separate report for each store, in turn, where the field
StoreIdent contains the Store ID in the data in the RecordSource of the
Report and StoreID is the corresponding field in the table of stores (and
the recordset, "rst", you opened on that table). Then you can handle each of
those separate reports individually and send them to the appropriate store.

Just today, in another newsgroup or another message thread, I believe I saw
a reference to a pertinent example at the site of one of the Access MVPs.
Rather than spend much more time going into detail, I am going to see if I
can find that reference and add it later to this thread.

I personally almost never export Reports to Word, so for any help with how
you would drive Word to manipulate, handle, and distribute the individual
Reports would have to come from someone else.

 Larry Linson

> Are you saying if I use VBA code I can export each store info into it's
> own
> folder or are you saying that is not possible. If it is possible Can you
> help, because I have no idea where to start but as we grow it is getting
> very
> time consuming to export the report and then cut and paste each store into
> the own word documents.
> --
> Lisa S.
>

> "Larry Linson" wrote:
>
>> It is possible to choose the data that goes into a particular report, and
>> create a separate report for the separate stores you describe.  It is not
>> possible (at least not simple, straightforward, and convenient) to print
>> nor
>> export separate "pieces" of one report, if that is your question.  If you
>> have a relatively small number of stores, doing this manually may be
>> feasible; even if you have a larger number, with some VBA code to
>> automate
>> the printing/exporting, it should not be difficult to do what you want.
>>
>>  Larry Linson
>>  Microsoft Office Access MVP
>>
>> "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to export or publish a report into word. The report has
>> >about
>> >80
>> > stores within it. Each store starts at a new page. Some stores have
>> > many
>> > pages to them. I want to export the report out to word, but I want each
>> > store
>> > to have it's onw location. For example: Laurel will go to a new
>> > document
>> > and
>> > Annapolis will go to it's own word document. Right now I publish the
>> > report
>> > and all of the stores are in one document and I have to copy and paste
>> > them
>> > into there own document. Is this possible?
>> > Lisa S.

0
Larry

List Box Selection to Run report
Hi I have a list box in which there are 10 fields shown. I wish for the user to make selections (multiple if required) and then for them to run a report. I have the following code (mainly extracted from Martin Greens website) which is allowing the report to run but my criteria is not being used in the record selection. There is no other criteria in the reports query so I am looking for help as to why I am not able to run the report correctly displaying the users selections Private Sub cmdRunReport_Click() Dim db As DAO.Database Dim varItem As Variant Dim strCriteria As Str...

Export Project Server 2007 web parts to MOSS 2007 sites failure
Hi, Any help on the following appreciated: In a development environment, with EPM (Project Server 2007) and MOSS 2007 installed as part of the same server farm, we have been able to export EPM web parts from PWA and use them in a MOSS portal (held in different web applications and site collections - all in the same farm). The procedure to do this was in line with this blog entry by Christophe Fiessinger: http://blogs.msdn.com/chrisfie/archive/2007/04/26/adding-an-epm-web-part-to-another-sharepoint-site.aspx The steps outlined above also requried a little workaround to ...

Reports not showing
I am running CRM 3.0. When I open the reports folder from either Outlook or from the web interface, the default reports do not show. Does anyone know why this would be? Hi mate There is a number of reasons why this might occur. The most common cause is the server pointing to the wrong URL for the Reporting server. To check this follow these instructions: If you open up CRM deployment manager and select Server manager you should see the name of your CRM server - by right clicking on the server and selecting Specify Reporting Server URL you can check and/or amend the URL that the website ...

Thunderbird Exporting
I have been forwarned a client is using the thunderbird email client. Does anyone have experience exporting mail from this client into a pst format to import into exchange server 2003? "slawrie" <slawrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7E53A311-CBB6-4C90-BF14-DB969C0B5396@microsoft.com... >I have been forwarned a client is using the thunderbird email client. Does > anyone have experience exporting mail from this client into a pst format > to > import into exchange server 2003? > The easiest way is to set up an IMAP server. The only other ...

Export to excel shortcut
Is there a keyboard shortcut for exporting data from a table in a web page to excel? Normally, you would right click on the table and an option to "export to excel" would be visible. Unfortunately, the (mouse) right click function at my office is disabled for security purposes. Are there any known "keyboard" shortcuts to do this without using the mouse? -- Ken McI ...

No answer so I'm reposting (2 of 2): Export to .gif... suppress anti-aliasing?

Crystal Reports Error 09-15-03
We are receiving the following error when attempting to view reports in CRM. This error occurs when selecting a specific report to generate. We've turned on the dev error message but can make no sense of this one. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. ---------------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft CRM Platform Error Report: Error Description: Unable to communicate with the report viewer : Invalid report output (SSO or Crystal logon, or other error) Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. ...

report error when printing sales anaylisis
we are using great plains dynamics, and when we print a sales anaylisis period report we get an error message undefined symbol f00347d04767indexlong any idea where to look to correct this....im guess someone type in something where it doesnt belong. thanks SS, You have a problem with the report. Did someone try to modify it recently? Log into Customer Source and have a look at Article #862263 or just search on "undifined symbol error" (without the quotes of course). Lyle On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 10:22:02 -0700, seldomseen <seldomseen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >...

Multi-Column Report
I have a 3-column report. The SID header (GroupHeader0) has Format properties as follows: Force New Page...None New Row Or Col...Before Section Keep Together......Yes Visible.................Yes Can Grow.............No Can Shrink...........No Repeat Section....Yes Depending on the value of SID header, I would like to forego making a new column, and just keep printing within the same column as the previous SID header (but include the new SID header value in that same column). Anyone know how to do this? ...

Sales report by hours
Hi all, Does anyone know how to generate a report that shows sales totals per hour? I'm looking to find the busiest time of day in my store, and I don;t want to go over each Z report by hand. Any help would be great. I have already learned a lot from this group! Thanks in advance. A.J. A.J., There is a X and Z report with Hourly Sales on CustomerSource. http://tinyurl.com/17a -- Regards, Jeff Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ===================================================== When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so tha...

update forms and reports
I've been tasked to install sp4 for GP10 and all appears to have gone well. However after I run the update forms and reports utility per the installation instruction, I receive red x's next to the components that I selected to update (fieldservice, microsoft dynamics gp, and report scheduler). To troubleshoot this, I ran the update forms and reports utility again but this time I changed the location and filefor the different components to be used. 1. fam.dic for the field service 2. dynamics.dic for the ms dynamics gp 3. reports.dic for the report scheduler After running the uti...

Report Writer - error message
i'm working on updating our SOP blank packing slip form and received an error message when trying to print it - Max symbol length exceeded: increase MAX_TOK_LEN. we have GP version 10. Any suggestions on what caused this and how to fix it? ...

Pivot Table Report Parameters to be named and saved like 'View' na
I have generated different Pitot Table Reports from the Sales Invoice Register. These reports give rgionwise, productwise, timewise info in different combinations and appearance. Unfortunately, as I change the parameter of the report, it replaces the existing report and generates the new report. One solution is to have each report in separate worksheet. But this will substantially increase the number of worksheets. What I would prefer is to give a name to these parameters and save it. Whenever I want a particular report, all I have to do is to select that name from the scroll down list...

GP 7.5 Grant Management
Looking for a custom report (either crystal, report writer, etc. doesn't matter) for GP 7.5 Grant Management (formerly Encore). For a grant, client wants to see by account actual versus budget inception-to-date. Looking for someone that has already developed such a report or tried to develop. Thanks, John ...

Report that should show multiple image attachments only shows one.
I've got a table with an attachment field that I'm using to store images. I've got a report based on a query of that table plus others that works just fine except... Record 15 has two images attached, which I can view just fine in the form through the selection process. The report puts out two instances of record 15, which I could live with if it also put out both images. It does not. It puts out the first image twice. It's like it's missing the move_next function. A text field has the "Can Grow" option which allows it to take up more than one line,...

Cell search & reporting
Hi Is there a formula that would search one cell for a month and then search a range of other cells for a date and then look below and report into the formula cell what is reported possibly in a different colour depending on what is reported. e.g. A B C D E F G 1 Date 31…Month December…Year 2007 2 3 MON TUE WED THU FRI SAT SUN 4 31 1 2 3 4 5 6 5 smith E E DO S E DO DO 6 jones DO N DO DO DO DO N 7 8 9 The cell in A9 wo...

Access 2007 Report Printer settings
While MS fixed with a service pack the ability to set a specific printer with a report, the properties do not all save. I have been able to set the default printer, but I'd like the default number of copies to be set to 3 or 4 on some reports. I am unable to save the properties so that the number of copies is saved. Does anybody have a rememdy? Thanks. ...

modifying field in report?
For days of the week (not including Sunday) the field had numeric 1 or 2 or 3, etc. or combinations such as 13 for Monday and Wednesday. The database had only 6 places for possible days a class could be held during the week. For the report is there a way to: 1) Place a text line stating that 1=Monday, 2=Tuesday, etc.? I tried to place * by the caption for the field and place the text in the Page Footer but the = sign caused fits when I tried. 2) Test the field so that if there is a 1, Mon. would be written, etc.? 3) Do a query and generate the Mon, Tue, based on the numbers in the field...

SqlServer 2005 Reporting Services
Hi Can anyone help? I can access SSRS across the internet if I switch off windows xp firewall but when it is on I get the ie message "Ineternet explorer cannot display the webpage". I dont want to switch windows xp firewall off completely. Do I need to open specific ports or specify access to the host IP address? From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2007_6_8_0_0/sql-server-reporting-services.htm Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups http://www.developmentnow.com/g/ HI, Yes, you need to open up the port. Let me know if that works Regards Vinuthan "Alan F...

My Task progress reporting is inconsistent
In "My Tasks" (PWA 2007) we are not using timephased, instead we enter %complete under the 'Progress' column against the assigned task. However, on some tasks for the very same project, we are restricted to a drop down in that field with "Done" and "Not Done" as our choices. How come we have this behaviour where some task for the same project permits us to enter a %, while on tasks in for the very same project we are restricted to "Done" or "Not Done" dropdown? How can we have it so that it is consistant (ie., we want to ...

Reports do not take credits into consideration
I'm having trouble generating accurate reports. I just downloaded the Microsoft Money 2005 Trial and haven't yet set up a budget, so I don't know if that is affected too. The problem is, I have several transactions assigned to a specific category. Some of them are charges (I bought something), and some of them are credits (I returned an item). The report only shows charges, so spending in certain categories is much higher than the actual amount. I searched for an option to change this, but wasn't able to find it. How would I go about telling Money to find the net amount...

exporting GAL to file ?
Is there a way to export the Global Address List to a file ? Thanks. See http://www.slipstick.com/exs/portagal.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "John" <johnny@tamtam.com> wrote in message = news:SgQ9f.1261$wb3.90@trnddc03... > Is there a way to export the Global Address List to a file ? >=20 > Thanks. >=20 &g...

How to export Excel chart as tiff or bmp file?
I have to submit on-line graphs which have to be tiff or bmp file with at least 300 dpi resolution. My graphs were created in Excel and I cannot find way to transform them properly. It's possible to export Excel charts in various bitmap formats, but they are usually at screen resolution, not printer resolution. You would have to copy-paste the charts into a third party image processing application, and export them in final format from there. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Mic...

Date is incomplete in report
I created a report to run and the date breaks off on the report. All of the data will not fit on the page. I printed it landscape. Is there a way to set the margins? File | Page Setup Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "CKreig" <CKreig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2CFAFD7E-82AD-4003-8901-78B751C583C4@microsoft.com... >I created a report to run and the date breaks off on the report. All of >the > data will not fit on the page. I printed it landscape. Is there a way to > set the margins? Go to File - Page Setup - Margi...

Problems in Excel exporting!
Hi, i'm having troubles in exporting the product list in an excel spreadsheet. The columns shown are only those of "product" and "unit". What i want is to export a full product list that contains at least the price of each product, its' cost, and some other information. Does anyone know how could this possibly been done? Do i have to change the view of the product list and make it dynamic? How is this done?? thanks in advance, spiros ...