Exporting a table from Access 2003 to Excel 2007

I am trying to export a table from Access 2003 with more than 100,000 records
into Excel 2007 and am not having any luck.  I do not find the 2007 file
extension in the drop down and choosing the latest version only exports part
of the table.  Any thoughts on whether this is possible to do?
--
Carol
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi Carol,

This is even hard to do with Excel 2007. You won't be able to do it directly
with Excel 2003. You could export the file as a comma separated value with a
csv suffix. By default Excel usually opens csv files. However you may lose
formatting and other stuff.

I just tested this by exporting 750,000 records from an Access 2003 database
and naming the file cargo.csv .  When I went though the export wizard, I
chose delimited with a comma, " as the text qualifer, and Include Field Names
on First Row. I then moved this file to PC with Office 2007. Double clicking
on the file opened it with Excel and the file looked good.
--
Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP

"Carol" wrote:

> I am trying to export a table from Access 2003 with more than 100,000 records
> into Excel 2007 and am not having any luck.  I do not find the 2007 file
> extension in the drop down and choosing the latest version only exports part
> of the table.  Any thoughts on whether this is possible to do?
> --
> Carol

excel database 25,000 plus names #2
I am working with a database i set up in excel. It has over 25,000 names, total size of file is 274mb. If i transfer all my data from an excel database to access, will i work faster. Right now it takes forever to open and save. I am told it is not my computer. any tips??? -- mikedipaol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikedipaola's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55465 ...

New to excel

Reporting from Project Server

Looking for Excel Help

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Excel 97 #9