Export query to Excel fails

Access 2007 on WinXP

When export query results to Excel, receive following error:
" The specification XMl failed to vailidate againset teh schema. There is an
error in the following line of teh XML document: A semi colon character wwas
expected.
'
"
This error is confusing as I am exporting to Excel not to an XML file. The
actual export to XML appears to complete, but I need teh XLS or XLSX file. A

Any suggestions as to how to get the query results into an Excel file?

Thank you.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

JR -

How are you doing the export (macro, manually, code)?  Post your code /
macro so we can see.

--
Daryl S

"JR Hester" wrote:

> Access 2007 on WinXP
>
> When export query results to Excel, receive following error:
> " The specification XMl failed to vailidate againset teh schema. There is an
> error in the following line of teh XML document: A semi colon character wwas
> expected.
> '
> "
> This error is confusing as I am exporting to Excel not to an XML file. The
> actual export to XML appears to complete, but I need teh XLS or XLSX file. A
>
> Any suggestions as to how to get the query results into an Excel file?
>
> Thank you.

Daryl,

Thanks for the response, I should have been more specific. This is a manual
process, I simply open the query, then chose the Excel button on teh External
data tab. It worked at least once, because I have an excel spreadsheet from
two weeks ago. I can successfully use this process on other queries, just not
this one any longer.

Here is the SQL code for the query:

SELECT tblParticipantTrx.EmpID, tblSessions.StrtDate, tblSessions.StartTime,
tblClasses.ClassName, tblParticipants.EmpFname, tblParticipants.EmpLname
FROM (tblClasses INNER JOIN tblSessions ON tblClasses.ClassID =
tblSessions.ClassID) INNER JOIN (tblParticipants INNER JOIN tblParticipantTrx
ON tblParticipants.EmpID = tblParticipantTrx.EmpID) ON tblSessions.SessionID
= tblParticipantTrx.SessionID
WHERE (((tblSessions.StrtDate) Between [Begin] And [end]))
ORDER BY tblSessions.StrtDate;

Thank you,

"Daryl S" wrote:

> JR -
>
> How are you doing the export (macro, manually, code)?  Post your code /
> macro so we can see.
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "JR Hester" wrote:
>
> > Access 2007 on WinXP
> >
> > When export query results to Excel, receive following error:
> > " The specification XMl failed to vailidate againset teh schema. There is an
> > error in the following line of teh XML document: A semi colon character wwas
> > expected.
> > '
> > "
> > This error is confusing as I am exporting to Excel not to an XML file. The
> > actual export to XML appears to complete, but I need teh XLS or XLSX file. A
> >
> > Any suggestions as to how to get the query results into an Excel file?
> >
> > Thank you.

JR -

To do it manually when the query is open, choose File |  Export...
Then in the dialog box select the Excel file type you  want from the bottom
"Save as type" drop-list, navigate where you want and give it a name.

--
Daryl S

"JR Hester" wrote:

> Daryl,
>
> Thanks for the response, I should have been more specific. This is a manual
> process, I simply open the query, then chose the Excel button on teh External
> data tab. It worked at least once, because I have an excel spreadsheet from
> two weeks ago. I can successfully use this process on other queries, just not
> this one any longer.
>
> Here is the SQL code for the query:
>
> SELECT tblParticipantTrx.EmpID, tblSessions.StrtDate, tblSessions.StartTime,
> tblClasses.ClassName, tblParticipants.EmpFname, tblParticipants.EmpLname
> FROM (tblClasses INNER JOIN tblSessions ON tblClasses.ClassID =
> tblSessions.ClassID) INNER JOIN (tblParticipants INNER JOIN tblParticipantTrx
> ON tblParticipants.EmpID = tblParticipantTrx.EmpID) ON tblSessions.SessionID
> = tblParticipantTrx.SessionID
> WHERE (((tblSessions.StrtDate) Between [Begin] And [end]))
> ORDER BY tblSessions.StrtDate;
>
> Thank you,
>

> "Daryl S" wrote:
>
> > JR -
> >
> > How are you doing the export (macro, manually, code)?  Post your code /
> > macro so we can see.
> >
> > --
> > Daryl S
> >

> > "JR Hester" wrote:
> >
> > > Access 2007 on WinXP
> > >
> > > When export query results to Excel, receive following error:
> > > " The specification XMl failed to vailidate againset teh schema. There is an
> > > error in the following line of teh XML document: A semi colon character wwas
> > > expected.
> > > '
> > > "
> > > This error is confusing as I am exporting to Excel not to an XML file. The
> > > actual export to XML appears to complete, but I need teh XLS or XLSX file. A
> > >
> > > Any suggestions as to how to get the query results into an Excel file?
> > >
> > > Thank you.

Daryl,

Thanks for the instruction, I believe as memry serves that will work well
for Access 2002 and earlier. However, in Access 2007, the is no FIle> Export
option-- Export is a group in the External Data tab. That is the process I am
using. the problem is that on this particular query, I keep getting the error
posted in my original post.

Thanks for your response,

"Daryl S" wrote:

> JR -
>
> To do it manually when the query is open, choose File |  Export...
> Then in the dialog box select the Excel file type you  want from the bottom
> "Save as type" drop-list, navigate where you want and give it a name.
>
> --
> Daryl S
>

> "JR Hester" wrote:
>
> > Daryl,
> >
> > Thanks for the response, I should have been more specific. This is a manual
> > process, I simply open the query, then chose the Excel button on teh External
> > data tab. It worked at least once, because I have an excel spreadsheet from
> > two weeks ago. I can successfully use this process on other queries, just not
> > this one any longer.
> >
> > Here is the SQL code for the query:
> >
> > SELECT tblParticipantTrx.EmpID, tblSessions.StrtDate, tblSessions.StartTime,
> > tblClasses.ClassName, tblParticipants.EmpFname, tblParticipants.EmpLname
> > FROM (tblClasses INNER JOIN tblSessions ON tblClasses.ClassID =
> > tblSessions.ClassID) INNER JOIN (tblParticipants INNER JOIN tblParticipantTrx
> > ON tblParticipants.EmpID = tblParticipantTrx.EmpID) ON tblSessions.SessionID
> > = tblParticipantTrx.SessionID
> > WHERE (((tblSessions.StrtDate) Between [Begin] And [end]))
> > ORDER BY tblSessions.StrtDate;
> >
> > Thank you,
> >

> > "Daryl S" wrote:
> >
> > > JR -
> > >
> > > How are you doing the export (macro, manually, code)?  Post your code /
> > > macro so we can see.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Daryl S

JR -

Sorry, I am on Access 2003.  I do lots of exports, but if this is specific
to A2007, then you may want to repost and see if someone else can help...

--
Daryl S

"JR Hester" wrote:

> Daryl,
>
> Thanks for the instruction, I believe as memry serves that will work well
> for Access 2002 and earlier. However, in Access 2007, the is no FIle> Export
> option-- Export is a group in the External Data tab. That is the process I am
> using. the problem is that on this particular query, I keep getting the error
> posted in my original post.
>
> Thanks for your response,
>
> "Daryl S" wrote:
>
> > JR -
> >
> > To do it manually when the query is open, choose File |  Export...
> > Then in the dialog box select the Excel file type you  want from the bottom
> > "Save as type" drop-list, navigate where you want and give it a name.
> >
> > --
> > Daryl S
> >

> > "JR Hester" wrote:
> >
> > > Daryl,
> > >
> > > Thanks for the response, I should have been more specific. This is a manual
> > > process, I simply open the query, then chose the Excel button on teh External
> > > data tab. It worked at least once, because I have an excel spreadsheet from
> > > two weeks ago. I can successfully use this process on other queries, just not
> > > this one any longer.
> > >
> > > Here is the SQL code for the query:
> > >
> > > SELECT tblParticipantTrx.EmpID, tblSessions.StrtDate, tblSessions.StartTime,
> > > tblClasses.ClassName, tblParticipants.EmpFname, tblParticipants.EmpLname
> > > FROM (tblClasses INNER JOIN tblSessions ON tblClasses.ClassID =
> > > tblSessions.ClassID) INNER JOIN (tblParticipants INNER JOIN tblParticipantTrx
> > > ON tblParticipants.EmpID = tblParticipantTrx.EmpID) ON tblSessions.SessionID
> > > = tblParticipantTrx.SessionID
> > > WHERE (((tblSessions.StrtDate) Between [Begin] And [end]))
> > > ORDER BY tblSessions.StrtDate;
> > >
> > > Thank you,

number rounding in MS Excel

importing/exporting Outlook Express 6.0 Messages
Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edition: Following intruction for exporting/importing message fail! "Cannot initialize MAPI" Importing/exporting address book does not work either. Appreciate help. Thanks. Please post in an Outlook Express Group.: Microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress "joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16bf501c44845$c856ede0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook > Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edit...

Help Needed in query
hello, everyone Help needed in query i have a table which have three field tabId tabPrtId tabSlab 1 11 50 2 11 100 3 11 150 4 11 200 tabId Is table id it is key also tabPrtId Is Party id in table tabSlab Is slab value now i want result like tabPrtId slabFrom slabTo 11 50 100 11 100 150 11 150 200 means for a particular party id i want to create slabs range -- fro...

Web query timeout setting.

SpreadSheetML (XML for Excel)

Public Folder link to Excel File

Filters in Excel 2003

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

printing imported gif files in Excel

ExCel programming

Macro

Excel fun patch

Excel 2003

Need macro help to close excel

isinteg reports configuring tstmgr failed : ecBadVersion
we have lost our mail after NAV did it's worst. have performed eseutil /p and /d as suggested elsewhere now get error from isinteg help please Update - have now sorted this thanks ...

Excel Text Function (Right, Left)

copy chart from Excel to Powerpoint

SQL query / Formula for Reorder Point?

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

How do I disable the handicapped feature in Excel?
Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does anyone know how to reverse this? Duh! Nevermind. Not an Excel problem. Control Panel - Handicapped feature. Thanks. "TIrish" wrote: > Someone in my office turned the handicapped feature on and now you have to > hold the key down for a couple of seconds or the letter never appears. Does > anyone know how to reverse this? ...