Excel 12-06-07

How do I split a text line into two or more lines?
--
spørger
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Thu, 6 Dec 2007 01:46:02 -0800, ladyhund <navn@discussions.com> wrote:

>How do I split a text line into two or more lines?

Hit ctrl-enter where you want the line break, at least in Access (the subject
of this newsgroup). If you want an Excel-specific answer, please scroll down
the list of subject areas and post in an Excel group.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John

12 generation genelogy chart
I would like a at least 12 generation genealogy chart because the only one listed has five ...

Excel is calculating strange since a long time ... (0.05+(-0.07)+0.02+0) =?
Type in a column 0.05 -0.07 0.02 0 and sum up all. What's the result ? -3.46945E-18 Common, where did they go to school ? See http://cpearson.com/excel/rounding.aspx In article <1191305712.538436.6370@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>, weggler.willi@gmail.com wrote: > Type in a column > > 0.05 > -0.07 > 0.02 > 0 > > and sum up all. > > What's the result ? -3.46945E-18 > > Common, where did they go to school ? Excel and almost every other computer program maintain decimal (base 10) numbers in binary (base 2) floating point. Bina...

.insertlines automation error excel crash
Hi, I'm having a quite strange problem in a VBA macro that I made that is driving me crazy. First of all, I am using Excel 2003. Well, when I try to insert lines of code in vba worksheet "sheet1", I always get an Automation Error that causes the restart of excel. The precise error is: "Automation Error. connection to type library or object library for remote process has been lost. Press OK for dialog ot remove reference." The error always happens at the SECOND insertline instruction (the first line in sheet1 is written correctly) in the following code:...

VB Editor in Excel
Does anyone know of a way to force the VB editor to remember window size and position? I am doing some coding in Excel and have to re-size these every time I open my project VB editor. tia Vgolfmaster -- "Friends Don''t Let Friends Dial-Up" "Vgolfmaster" <Vgolfmaster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75DBD6EF-60BD-42A9-8E34-0782999646C1@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to force the VB editor to remember window size > and > position? I am doing some coding in Excel and have to re-size these every > ...

Exporting Access to Excel
I have a Table in access from which I want to derive some pivots in Excel. How can I do that? These pivots should be refreshable with the latest data in the table in access. ...

Excel Report Builder and Parameters
Is there a way to prompt a user for parameters in the Excel sheet that was created from Excel Report builder? I can't edit it in MS Query. The parameters with MS Query don't work with the Excel reports because they are different connection types. (ODBC vs. ODC) Any parameters need to be built into the Excel report. You can change the raw SQL for the Excel report in Excel but MS Query style parameters don't work. Mark On Feb 1, 2:40=A0pm, barbola <barb...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to prompt a user for parameters in the Excel sh...

Excel nested IF formula question
I have a question regarding Nested If statements in Excel 2003. I have a commission structure below that needs to be nested 0-$50K = 10% 50-100K = 20% 100-150K = 25% 150-200K = 30% 200K+ - 35% For example: Fee commission rate commission 19,125 10% 1,912.50 8,000 10% 800.00 8,000 10% 800.00 8,000 10% 800.00 Total Billings: 43,125 Here is where I am running into a problem. At this ...

Export query to Excel fails
Access 2007 on WinXP When export query results to Excel, receive following error: " The specification XMl failed to vailidate againset teh schema. There is an error in the following line of teh XML document: A semi colon character wwas expected. ' " This error is confusing as I am exporting to Excel not to an XML file. The actual export to XML appears to complete, but I need teh XLS or XLSX file. A Any suggestions as to how to get the query results into an Excel file? Thank you. JR - How are you doing the export (macro, manually, code)? Post your code...

How do I delete a line in Excel that I only see when printed?
I have created a form in Excel but when I go to print preview and also when I print it there is a line there that I do not wish to have there. But when I look at it in normal view I cannot see it. There are aprox. 6 pages and this line is at the top of every page except my first one. I can delete a few rows where it shows to be and it disappears but as soon as I insert rows back it is back. How do I get rid of this line. Please help. If you go to Edit | Go To, click Special, Choose Objects and click OK. It should take you to the line. Then you will be able to delete it. "Te...

excell #7
how to create a crossword puzzle in excell http://groups.google.com/groups?btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=crossword+puzzle&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.excel.* kaneblack wrote: > how to create a crossword puzzle in excell ...

Have I found an excel bug?
Hello all I have the following urgent problem: Cell A1: ='[logESM2.xls]per dag'!$D670 Cell A2: ='[logESM2.xls]per dag'!$D677 Cell A3: ='[logESM2.xls]per dag'!$D684 The formulas are pointing to another document with daily values in column format. I want to have all values from monday, tue... in another document (every 7th row). Very simple I guess(ed)..... When I copy the cells, excel doesn't count per 7 but makes very strange jumps to other cells: A4='[logESM2.xls]per dag'!$D673 A5='[logESM2.xls]per dag'!$D680 A6='[logESM2.xls]per dag'...

how do I fill in a cell with text in Excel macro (2003)
Hi, I am running a macro where I copy and paste values from workbook to another. Is it possible to fill in a cell with text without having to copying it from another workbook. Kind regards, Rikin > Is it possible to fill in a cell with text without having to copying it from > another workbook. Yes Range("A1").value="Sometext" Mike "Rikin" wrote: > Hi, > > I am running a macro where I copy and paste values from workbook to another. > Is it possible to fill in a cell with text without having to copying it fro...

End of Month tic marks in Excel 2007
I am charting a time series with dates starting with 31.12.2007 ending at 31.12.2008 and market values in the second column. In format axis I choose 1 months as the Major unit. In Excel 2003, this would give me a tick mark at the end of each month for each month in 2008. In Excel2007 however it will give me a tick mark at 31.01.2008 and then the 02.02.2008, 02.03.2008 ... 02.11.2008 ie. the 2nd of each month thereafter. Has anybody find a solution to this? It is quite annoying so any help is much appreciated. In A1 I entered 31/12/2008 (I use the non-USA date format) In A2 I entered ...

Need Quattro Pro download to convert a QPW file to Excel.
Is there anywhere I can get a free Quattro Pro trial download to convert a QPW file? I can't find a converter utility to read a QPW file. Marjiec, If this is a one-time thing with one file, I'll do it for you. I have Quattro Pro here. I'm converting a bunch of qpw files to Excel files for a client. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "marjiec" <marjiec@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3055F5-EC6A-4BFB-853A-5DA7F521DA5E@microsoft.com... > Is there anywhere I can get a...

How do I import a Windows Explorer list into Excel?
Is it possible to import the list of files one sees in Windows Explorer into an Excel spreadsheet? (I have WinXP and Office 2003) Fred Several methods to accomplish this.......I like Tushar's best. To add a "Print Directory" feature to Explorer, go to this KB Article. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;q272623& Or you can download Printfolder 1.2 from..... http://no-nonsense-software.com/freeware/ I use PF 1.2 and find it to be more than adequate with custom features. OR Go to DOS(Command) prompt and directory. Type DIR >MYFILES.TXT All...

CRM Customization 07-05-05
I need to customize CRM adding some fields in several forms. I'd like to look at some documentation on how to do it: apparently there is (was?) a CRM Customization White Paper on the MS site but the link is now broken. Is there some detailed docs on CRM customization (like Schema details and so on)? I had a look at the CRM SDK but it seems to be far beyond our current need. TIA, Andrea Hello Andrea. If you need add Custom Fields to your form, first you need create these field in Deployment Manager/ Schema manager / Type of Record (like Contacts) / Atributtes. Here right click and se...

powerpoint crashes on ungroup of excel chart
On any chart that is created in excel and either inserted as an object or copy and pasted (I have also pasted it as an image and and excel object) when I go to ungroup the image powerpoint shuts down. In the application event log is: event id 1000, mso.dll error We are running XP SP3 and Office 2003 SP3 I have uninstalled and reinstalled office completely to no avail. Can someone help with some direction? Thanks Hi If this occurs with Excel and the message is regarding the mso.dll file, you may want to try deleting the user's *.xlb files. These files contain info...

Learning VB for Excel
I am brand new to this group and could really use some advice. I consider myself to be about an intermediate level Excel 2003 user (that's the only version the company I work for uses). I have no programming experience. I've been told that I need to understand enough Visual Basic to enhance some of our Excel reports later this year- not exactly sure what means yet. Since I'll have to learn this on my own, I sure could use some advice about books or online resources to help me over the next 2-3 months. Unfortunately, I'll have more time than money to do this. I can affo...

adding code to command button in word from excel VBA
Hi- I am creating a document in word with excel VBA. I figured out how to add a command button to word from excel VBA, but I can not figure out how to add code to that command button for when the command button is clicked on. I do not want to use a userform. I know how to add code to the button i create in an excel document, but I can't seem to add code to a button in word, using excel VBA. Here is the code I have created so far. I wrote messages in the code to tell you what i was doing and which part i am having problems with. I have been working on this for several days and would ...

Problems printing templates in Excel XP
I will try and get as much detail about my problem in here. I have two pcs at my work that are not printing the text from a worksheet created in a previous version of excel (97 I think), Others with the exact same load have no problem printing these same worksheets. The typed in txt on these templates will appear in print preview but once they print it notihng is there, it looks like the blank template. I have tried saving it in Excel 97 & 5.0 95 format, that did not help. I have uninstalled & reinstalled Office XP and installed Off2k with no luck either. I have tried refo...

Create capability to Paste Text into an Excel Footer
The ability to past copied text into a "Custom" Footer does not appear does not appear to be a feature availble in Excel 2003. Once into the "custom footer" sub window, the capability to paste copied text is not available. On Line help also does not address this capability (as far as directions) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggesti...

mail merging to Publisher from excel
I am trying mail merge information from Excel into Publisher. I get a message that reads: "The data source you have chosen contains more than one worksheet or table. Please enter the name of the worksheet or table that contains the information you want to merge." I have tried to the worksheet name that appears on the title bar. Didn't work. I tried typing Sheet 1. Didn't work Help I'm bushed - and a bit brain fried today so what I would do would be to save another copy of the Excel file as a different name, delete the unwanted worksheets, and try importing ...

Exporting to Excel
My Access 2002's export interface (ISAM) seems to be associated with earlier versions of Excel and limits the numbers of rows that can be exported to 16,000. How do I fix it so that I can export more rows? Among the less technical ideas, you might first confirm that all current updates and Export filters have been installed. AFAIK, Access '02 should be able to export more than 16,000 records if the appropriate filters are available... unless you mean that an older Excel format must be used. You might also consider exporting as a text file & then importing that to Excel as ...

SFO sync issue 04-28-06
Hi all, When attempting a sync it gets through most of the sync process and bombs out with an error: 'Failed move data for entity 'fax' during action salnsert, countRows=6. Contact your system administrator for assistence' This pc had been installed and syncing sucessfully previously but was experiencing a lot of issues as of late and then crashed out, hanging up and loosing the CRM toolbar. It has now been re-installed and now functioning correctly in all SFO functions aside from the sync process, getting the error above. SBS install. Others syncing fine. Anyone seen...

Linking Excel Files in Access
I have 4 CSV files that I need to somehow link together so that I can query the data. I could manually add the data together but would prefer that is was linked via Access so that it can be automatically updated each month (via Peachtree). Some of the columns in each spreadsheet are the same (G/L Account, Amount, Date, and Description). If I could pull these 4 areas from each spreadsheet that would be perfect. My issue is (I think) that there is nothing unique about each line so Access cannot capture all. Access can automatically assign a unique number but it starts at 1 for...