Events template not saving entries

I am attempting to build an events database using the Events template in
Access 2007. I have made no modifications to the template. It is not saving
the information I add into the Event List table. I first tried entering
information directly into the table. Then I tried entering information using
the New Event in the Link bar. I can find no way to get the entries to save.
Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix somewhere? Does anyone have
anything to suggest? Thanks.
--
M'Lou *:)
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Sun, 7 Mar 2010 05:05:01 -0800, M''Lou Wilson
<MLouWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

The "Events Management Template" has been downloaded 650,000 times. It
works.
You may have a problem with your Access installation. Choose Office
Button > Access Options > Resources > Diagnose.
And download the template again, just in case there was a problem in
that step.

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>I am attempting to build an events database using the Events template in
>Access 2007. I have made no modifications to the template. It is not saving
>the information I add into the Event List table. I first tried entering
>information directly into the table. Then I tried entering information using
>the New Event in the Link bar. I can find no way to get the entries to save.
>Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix somewhere? Does anyone have
>anything to suggest? Thanks.
0
Tom
3/7/2010 3:20:23 PM
jhjjjjjjj

"M''Lou Wilson" <MLouWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
message de groupe de discussion :
E4A6B581-109E-46B4-B803-23BC91F007C2@microsoft.com...
> I am attempting to build an events database using the Events template in
> Access 2007. I have made no modifications to the template. It is not
> saving
> the information I add into the Event List table. I first tried entering
> information directly into the table. Then I tried entering information
> using
> the New Event in the Link bar. I can find no way to get the entries to
> save.
> Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a fix somewhere? Does anyone
> have
> anything to suggest? Thanks.
> --
> M'Lou *:)

0
joelgeraldine

Can DPM be configured to log events to a remote syslog server?
I see that I can use Microsoft's MOM to publish alerts, but is there a way to send them to a syslog server? Thanks, Phillip Datagram's SyslogAgent can be used to forward Windows system events to a Syslog server. And it's free. http://syslogserver.com/syslogagent.html Daniel "Phillip Wendell" wrote: > I see that I can use Microsoft's MOM to publish alerts, but is there a > way to send them to a syslog server? Thanks, > > Phillip > . > Looks like a good solution. Thanks... ...

Daylight Savings Time Changes
Hello, Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System Manager)? Thanks in advance K On Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:24:03 -0800, Kerry <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Does anyone know if the patch for Exchnage 2003 identified in KB926666 has >to also be applied to every server that is running the Exchange Tools (System >Manager)? > >Thanks in advance >K Im all for consistency. If the patch isnt needed, it shouldnt install, so I would at ...

Problem template file for project missing
Hi, I try to create a new UnitTest project in Visual Studio 2008 Development Edition. I get the message: "The template file for selected project type is missing". Well, I tried to repair Visual Studio but the message is still comes. Any idea how I can solve this problem? Thanks Christian I solved the problem. I had installed a language pack for Visual Studio Tools. Well, Visual Studio searched in the directory "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\ItemTemplates\CSharp\1031" and not the subdirectory "1033". I deinstalled ...

need a new product datasheet template for storage product
looking to create spec sheets for an integrated NAS & iSCSI product line It's rare to find a template for specific purposes. Your best option is to start creating one from scratch. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "oldsuits" <oldsuits@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D269732B-72EA-4552-86C7-6D8AED48225A@microsoft.com... > looking to create spec sheets for an integrated NAS & iSCSI product line This Microsoft site may give you links http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/technologies/storage/iscsi/default.mspx -- Mary S...

saving as xml
Hi, The following url give you an XML output http://webservices.titantvguide.titantv.com/contentblocks.asmx/TonightOn?registrationKey=g8byqgPai3PYi1i7VOfEcKDfKOeYwmYM is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server? Thanks in Advance. Regards Manoj Manoj Paramu Das wrote: > is there a way to save this as an xml file on to the server? What's the difference between saving XML file and HTML file? Just create WebRequest, get response stream and save it. -- Oleg Tkachenko XML Insider http://www.tkachenko.com/blog ...

Im desperate to fix my fragmented memor...will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch?
Im desperate to fix my fragmented memory, will advanced server save me with the 3 gb switch? The Situation: -Server=Windows 2000 Server sp4. -2.5 gb of RAM -Exchange=Enterprise Ed with all service packs and hotfixes. -Group Shield virus scanning Every month I recieve eventid 9582's errors, and then 12800 mail processing errors. THIS IS FREAKING KILLING ME AT WORK. Here is what I have tried. -Regedit ajustment to the heep. -ADSI ajustment to the IS (which oddly removes the errors from the event log, however MOM still detects low virtual memory errors). -sp3 (which claims to have fixed ...

ok , i'm making name tags for an event....have to change the name
here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i have to change the name on each crad.....and i am lost as how to do that.....and then they all print out with the different names...Thank you... Fran You will have to build a data base and use mail merge. Help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fran Buettner" <Fran Buettner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B872C0E-4FDA-4899-80DA-95609AA63623@microsoft.com... > here is my problem....I am doing name crads.... so i h...

close workbook without saving or promt to save
i am new to excel 2007 and when closing the only visible sheet in my workbook i need it to close the workbook without offering option to save. i have tried to use macros but i dont think im doing it correctly. i have a active button that works but i would like it to work when you close from the top right x or exit excel button. shane In Thisworkbook module of your workbook. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeClose(Cancel As Boolean) ThisWorkbook.Saved = True End Sub Note you have to save at least once before closing first time or you will lose the code your just pasted into the...

Saving file for new year
I would like to redo my Money file for the new year. I have transactions back to 2003. I'd like to create a new file that begins with 2008. I remember years ago that Quicken gave me that option. Is there anyway to do this with Micorsoft Money? In microsoft.public.money, grsode wrote: >I would like to redo my Money file for the new year. I have transactions >back to 2003. I'd like to create a new file that begins with 2008. I >remember years ago that Quicken gave me that option. Is there anyway to do >this with Micorsoft Money? File->New->NewFile lets ...

How do I stop my Publisher 2003 document from saving as a webpag.
When I save a particular publication ( a newsletter) in Publisher 2003 as a Publisher 2000 document (so I can work on it elsewhere) it opens as a web page instead of a print document. When I convert it back to print, I lose a few inches of print on the left page that just don't print even when I change the margins. The missing print shows on the screen normally, it is only in print preview and on paper that it cuts off. Can I stop this from happening? Can I retrieve the missing print? Please help! You may have to reconstruct this publication. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://off...

Calendar events and tasks are not showing in Outlook:Today.
My Calendar events or tasks are not showing in the Outlook:Today screen. It is blank. ...

saving and remaming files
Folks, Have a small company with 5 pc's networked with Server 2000. Recently users have complained that when they open excel files (that are stored on the server and shared by all users) and make changes...they hit "save" (as they always have) and it renames the file as (if the secretary has recalled the error message correctly) as a temp file. This has obviously caused problems with the other users. When they go to open the folder (after changes have been made by another user) they do not see the changes. They have combated the problem even further as they have started to rena...

Outlook plugin for saving mails by dragging
Hi all, Our Legal team want some way of saving all emails related to a project into a common folder. We use microsoft exchange but our exchange admins will not allow use of public folders. The only way i can see around it is for the staff to setup a folders in the shared secure file area and save the emails they want into these. However, while the idea sounds perfect to them, they aren't happy with idea of saving individual emails to the folder one at a time, instead they would prefer some way of dragging them to the folder. I was wondering if anyone knew of an Outlook plugin or any other...

ActiveCell.Offset for event macro
I need to move from the active cell in any row to the cell in column 6 of the same row. I know how to use ActiveCell.Offset to move a fixed number of rows and columns. But I can't figure out how to handle a relative row and absolute column situtation. What I need is... ActiveCell.Offset(0,"however many cells there are between the column I'm in and column 6) Do I need to create a variable to calculate the number of cells, or is there a simpler way? Thank you! ActiveCell.Offset(0,6 - ActiveCell.Column) ActiveCell.Offset(0,6 - ActiveCell.Column) activesheet.cell...

save font with file
I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there is no problem to display and print this document from my PC, but when I try on another PC which do not have installed the GDT font, this is missed. how can I save the font with the excel file? Hi, I'm not an expert in this area, but I believe you need to have the fonts installed on each pc that needs it; a good reason to keep to familiar fonts, I guess. jeff >-----Original Message----- >I have a font for GDT symbols installed on my PC, there >is no problem to display and print this document from my >PC, but whe...

color coding events
I would like to color code events on my daily calendar and wonder if there is a way to change the color of text on individual events On 3/7/2010 6:27 AM, jcurtis wrote: > I would like to color code events on my daily calendar and wonder if > there is a way to change the color of text on individual events Which version of Outlook? Outlook 2007 introduced colored categories and I use them daily for color-coding events. Prior to Outlook 2007, colored labels were your option: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HP030848441033.aspx Additional information: htt...

Date on Template
I created some templates and am choosing to bring over a date to be shown in the template when it is run. I have selected this attribute to be date only and not date & time. Every time I run the template it still shows date+time+time zone. Is there a way to show only the date and not the rest of the data. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. ...

Strange problems
All, A standalone Exchange 2003 SP2 server acted up the other day and needed to be restated. After the first reboot it only stayed stable for about 10 minutes. After the second, it's been running but generating the errors listed below. I ran the "Performance Troubleshooting Analyzer" and "Troubleshooting Assistant" tools from Microsoft's websites but didn't get anything that was too useful. Any suggestions? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1025 Date: 3/28/2007 Time: 8:44:43 AM User: N/A C...

Word 2010
Hi, (posting this here as well as in the 2010 beta forum - I know from experience that it is here I get the answers :-)) Are there any new possibilities to structure your templates in the File New dialog? The need is obvious when you have several hundreds of differnet templates. One good solution would be that an underlying folder structure shows in the dialog. (Like the first level in the old fileNew dialog) Another question is that even though you under Options, Advanced, File Locations set a location for "Workgroup Templates", the templates are not shown...

EVENT DISPLAY
Outlook 2007 In the week view of calendar the ALL DAY EVENTS are displayed at the top of the column. If you indicate a specific time for an event you need to scroll down to see it. Is there a way to display specific time events at the top of the column? foodman;124214 Wrote: > Outlook 2007 > > In the week view of calendar the ALL DAY EVENTS are displayed at the > top of > the column. If you indicate a specific time for an event you need to > scroll > down to see it. Is there a way to display specific time events at the > top of > the column...

Purchase Book template
Dear Sir/Mam I want a template for Daily record of purchase item. Because of microsoft community member can give me best format. So i m requesting you. Thanks in advance. Rao Ratan Singh Rao Perhaps something at the MS Office Template Gallery will help. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377101033.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 27 Nov 2005 21:33:03 -0800, Rao Ratan Singh <RaoRatanSingh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir/Mam >I want a template for Daily record of purchase item. Because of microsoft >community member can give me best format. S...

Bank Transaction Entry -- SQL Error
Hello, When our user are attempting to enter a Bank Transaction Entry, they are getting the following error when they hit "Post" [Microsoft][ODBC SQL SERVER DRIVER][SQL SERVER] Error converting data type int to smallint. When that error message is closed, the following pops up: The stored procedure aagUpdateBrowseTypeForBRVoidedTRX returned the following results: DBMS: 8114, Microsoft Dynamics GP: 8114 FYI, we are on SQL Server SP3. Anyone seen this kind of error before? Any suggestions? Thanks More important is to know what version, build number of GP you are running...

SMTP/IMF error in the Event Log
"An error occurred while loading Microsoft Exchange Intelligent Message Filter. The error code is 0x80070570. " There is no additional info at the info link. Any ideas? Thanks! :) Did you uninstall IMFv1 before installing SP2? Are you using the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml file to do keyword filtering? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Fritz" <fritz@dontbite.com> wrote in message news:O5P3rrfIGHA.1876@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > "An error occurred while loading Microsof...

Changes not saved
I run Office 2002 SP2. Some people had reported that they did minor changes in excel (such as changing a value in a column), saved it, close the file, when the file re- opened, the changes has not been saved. Help! Any Ideas? Thanks The only time I've seen things like this is when there are two workbooks with the same name. You make the changes to one of them, save it, close it, but reopen a different one? (You don't have any macros that stop the save--this one is pretty farfetched. I'd look, but not get my hopes up too high.) You may want to sit with one of the users who c...

Saving File
I have Publisher 2003 which has worked fine up until recently. The problem is that when I open a previously saved file and work on this with Text and Graphics, when I go to save the file, it appears to have saved, but when I open the file again, the changes are missing. I was wondering whether it could be a Memory problem (500 Megs of RAM on the Computer) or could it be Publisher itself? Thanks for any help Might do some disk clean-up. Especially your temp folder. In Windows Explorer, type %temp% in the address bar. Clean up this folder and see if it helps. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...