error when opening .accdb file

I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the resolution... 
I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that 
the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens 
successfully.  

-- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the 
file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not open 
at all)
-- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in the 
Application Options for the 'Current Database'
-- The database contains macros, VBA modules etc. that all work normally 
once I acknowledge the error and accept macros
-- The file was originally created in Access 2003 on XP. Never saw the error 
until modifications were made to the 2003 version in Access 2007.  I have 
since converted the file to 2007 hoping to lose the error in the process, but 
with no luck.

Hope this all makes since. I am currently running Windows Vista and using 
Access 2007.

-- 
Joe
0
Utf
4/19/2010 10:04:01 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1316 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 23

Have you made a backup copy and run Compact & Repair?

(more difficult ... have you made a backup copy and launched it using the 
/Decompile flag?)

(about as difficult ... have you created a new empty db and imported all the 
pieces?)

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

-- 
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.


"joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:36B22D64-D096-44E9-A9B8-7AB7F7190079@microsoft.com...
>I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the 
>resolution...
> I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that
> the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens
> successfully.
>
> -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the
> file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not 
> open
> at all)
> -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in 
> the
> Application Options for the 'Current Database'
> -- The database contains macros, VBA modules etc. that all work normally
> once I acknowledge the error and accept macros
> -- The file was originally created in Access 2003 on XP. Never saw the 
> error
> until modifications were made to the 2003 version in Access 2007.  I have
> since converted the file to 2007 hoping to lose the error in the process, 
> but
> with no luck.
>
> Hope this all makes since. I am currently running Windows Vista and using
> Access 2007.
>
> -- 
> Joe 


0
Jeff
4/19/2010 11:15:22 PM
Thanks for the response Jeff,

I've run compact & repair without any luck.
I'm not familiar with using the \Decompile flag but I have created a new 
database and slowly imported pieces of the database until I started seeing 
the same behavior. 

I started with the 'welcome' form that is set to come up when the database 
opens & everything worked fine. I then added my login form, macros, modules, 
and tables (both linked and embedded) without anything happening. it wasn't 
until I started loading more of the remaining forms that I seemed to reach a 
'breaking point' (when 8 of the forms were loaded). Playing with it I haven't 
been able to nail down a single form that appears to be causing the problem 
(I've got 24 forms in the complete database).  I also tried importing the 
entire database into a new file in one shot and the problem keeps coming 
back. 

Somewhere along the line I do have to include an additional library file to 
get all the modules working again (Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library) but 
I haven't seen any evidence that turning this on caused any issues either.

When I pieced the database together into a new one, the file size was just 
3.5 MB when the behavior started again. the full database import turns out to 
be ~ 6MB so I don't believe file size should be an issue.

Other things to note: When a session of Access is already open and I double 
click to open the database in a second session of Access, it never gives me 
the error. It also never happens if I use the shift key (bypass) as I open 
the database or if I set options to have no form to display on opening. Also 
never get the error the first time I open after a compact & repair (but then 
reappears on the second attempt).

Any other ideas?  How do I use the \Decompile flag?

-- 
Joe


"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Have you made a backup copy and run Compact & Repair?
> 
> (more difficult ... have you made a backup copy and launched it using the 
> /Decompile flag?)
> 
> (about as difficult ... have you created a new empty db and imported all the 
> pieces?)
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> -- 
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> 
> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> guarantee as to suitability.
> 
> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> possible/necessary.
> 
> 
> "joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:36B22D64-D096-44E9-A9B8-7AB7F7190079@microsoft.com...
> >I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the 
> >resolution...
> > I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that
> > the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens
> > successfully.
> >
> > -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the
> > file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not 
> > open
> > at all)
> > -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in 
> > the
> > Application Options for the 'Current Database'
> > -- The database contains macros, VBA modules etc. that all work normally
> > once I acknowledge the error and accept macros
> > -- The file was originally created in Access 2003 on XP. Never saw the 
> > error
> > until modifications were made to the 2003 version in Access 2007.  I have
> > since converted the file to 2007 hoping to lose the error in the process, 
> > but
> > with no luck.
> >
> > Hope this all makes since. I am currently running Windows Vista and using
> > Access 2007.
> >
> > -- 
> > Joe 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/20/2010 8:14:01 PM
Thanks for the response Jeff,

I've run compact & repair without any luck.
I'm not familiar with using the \Decompile flag but I have created a new 
database and slowly imported pieces of the database until I started seeing 
the same behavior. 

I started with the 'welcome' form that is set to come up when the database 
opens & everything worked fine. I then added my login form, macros, modules, 
and tables (both linked and embedded) without anything happening. it wasn't 
until I started loading more of the remaining forms that I seemed to reach a 
'breaking point' (when 8 of the forms were loaded). Playing with it I haven't 
been able to nail down a single form that appears to be causing the problem 
(I've got 24 forms in the complete database).  I also tried importing the 
entire database into a new file in one shot and the problem keeps coming 
back. 

Somewhere along the line I do have to include an additional library file to 
get all the modules working again (Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library) but 
I haven't seen any evidence that turning this on caused any issues either.

When I pieced the database together into a new one, the file size was just 
3.5 MB when the behavior started again. the full database import turns out to 
be ~ 6MB so I don't believe file size should be an issue.

Other things to note: When a session of Access is already open and I double 
click to open the database in a second session of Access, it never gives me 
the error. It also never happens if I use the shift key (bypass) as I open 
the database or if I set options to have no form to display on opening. Also 
never get the error the first time I open after a compact & repair (but then 
reappears on the second attempt).

Any other ideas?  How do I use the \Decompile flag?

-- 
Joe

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Have you made a backup copy and run Compact & Repair?
> 
> (more difficult ... have you made a backup copy and launched it using the 
> /Decompile flag?)
> 
> (about as difficult ... have you created a new empty db and imported all the 
> pieces?)
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> -- 
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> 
> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> guarantee as to suitability.
> 
> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> possible/necessary.
> 
> 
> "joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:36B22D64-D096-44E9-A9B8-7AB7F7190079@microsoft.com...
> >I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the 
> >resolution...
> > I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating that
> > the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens
> > successfully.
> >
> > -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, the
> > file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did not 
> > open
> > at all)
> > -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set in 
> > the
> > Application Options for the 'Current Database'
> > -- The database contains macros, VBA modules etc. that all work normally
> > once I acknowledge the error and accept macros
> > -- The file was originally created in Access 2003 on XP. Never saw the 
> > error
> > until modifications were made to the 2003 version in Access 2007.  I have
> > since converted the file to 2007 hoping to lose the error in the process, 
> > but
> > with no luck.
> >
> > Hope this all makes since. I am currently running Windows Vista and using
> > Access 2007.
> >
> > -- 
> > Joe 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/20/2010 8:16:02 PM
Try searching on-line for MS Access and \Decompile for more detailed 
explanations.

What you're describing sounds like there's some form of subtle corruption.

If Compact & Repair, plus import to new db isn't catching it, the \Decompile 
is pretty much the last step I know of before starting from scratch (i.e., 
importing what DOES work, then rebuilding whatever object(s) 'munge' the 
db).

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

-- 
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.

"joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A4F249D3-2DF6-4700-9191-D49C6B1383E6@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the response Jeff,
>
> I've run compact & repair without any luck.
> I'm not familiar with using the \Decompile flag but I have created a new
> database and slowly imported pieces of the database until I started seeing
> the same behavior.
>
> I started with the 'welcome' form that is set to come up when the database
> opens & everything worked fine. I then added my login form, macros, 
> modules,
> and tables (both linked and embedded) without anything happening. it 
> wasn't
> until I started loading more of the remaining forms that I seemed to reach 
> a
> 'breaking point' (when 8 of the forms were loaded). Playing with it I 
> haven't
> been able to nail down a single form that appears to be causing the 
> problem
> (I've got 24 forms in the complete database).  I also tried importing the
> entire database into a new file in one shot and the problem keeps coming
> back.
>
> Somewhere along the line I do have to include an additional library file 
> to
> get all the modules working again (Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library) 
> but
> I haven't seen any evidence that turning this on caused any issues either.
>
> When I pieced the database together into a new one, the file size was just
> 3.5 MB when the behavior started again. the full database import turns out 
> to
> be ~ 6MB so I don't believe file size should be an issue.
>
> Other things to note: When a session of Access is already open and I 
> double
> click to open the database in a second session of Access, it never gives 
> me
> the error. It also never happens if I use the shift key (bypass) as I open
> the database or if I set options to have no form to display on opening. 
> Also
> never get the error the first time I open after a compact & repair (but 
> then
> reappears on the second attempt).
>
> Any other ideas?  How do I use the \Decompile flag?
>
> -- 
> Joe
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Have you made a backup copy and run Compact & Repair?
>>
>> (more difficult ... have you made a backup copy and launched it using the
>> /Decompile flag?)
>>
>> (about as difficult ... have you created a new empty db and imported all 
>> the
>> pieces?)
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> -- 
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>
>>
>> "joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:36B22D64-D096-44E9-A9B8-7AB7F7190079@microsoft.com...
>> >I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the
>> >resolution...
>> > I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating 
>> > that
>> > the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens
>> > successfully.
>> >
>> > -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, 
>> > the
>> > file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did 
>> > not
>> > open
>> > at all)
>> > -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set 
>> > in
>> > the
>> > Application Options for the 'Current Database'
>> > -- The database contains macros, VBA modules etc. that all work 
>> > normally
>> > once I acknowledge the error and accept macros
>> > -- The file was originally created in Access 2003 on XP. Never saw the
>> > error
>> > until modifications were made to the 2003 version in Access 2007.  I 
>> > have
>> > since converted the file to 2007 hoping to lose the error in the 
>> > process,
>> > but
>> > with no luck.
>> >
>> > Hope this all makes since. I am currently running Windows Vista and 
>> > using
>> > Access 2007.
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Joe
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Jeff
4/21/2010 6:01:16 PM
Thanks Jeff, unfortunately the \decompile flag didn't do anything for me. 
guess I'm going to have to start from scratch.  

-- 
Joe


"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Try searching on-line for MS Access and \Decompile for more detailed 
> explanations.
> 
> What you're describing sounds like there's some form of subtle corruption.
> 
> If Compact & Repair, plus import to new db isn't catching it, the \Decompile 
> is pretty much the last step I know of before starting from scratch (i.e., 
> importing what DOES work, then rebuilding whatever object(s) 'munge' the 
> db).
> 
> Good luck!
> 
> Regards
> 
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> -- 
> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> 
> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> guarantee as to suitability.
> 
> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> possible/necessary.
> 
> "joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A4F249D3-2DF6-4700-9191-D49C6B1383E6@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the response Jeff,
> >
> > I've run compact & repair without any luck.
> > I'm not familiar with using the \Decompile flag but I have created a new
> > database and slowly imported pieces of the database until I started seeing
> > the same behavior.
> >
> > I started with the 'welcome' form that is set to come up when the database
> > opens & everything worked fine. I then added my login form, macros, 
> > modules,
> > and tables (both linked and embedded) without anything happening. it 
> > wasn't
> > until I started loading more of the remaining forms that I seemed to reach 
> > a
> > 'breaking point' (when 8 of the forms were loaded). Playing with it I 
> > haven't
> > been able to nail down a single form that appears to be causing the 
> > problem
> > (I've got 24 forms in the complete database).  I also tried importing the
> > entire database into a new file in one shot and the problem keeps coming
> > back.
> >
> > Somewhere along the line I do have to include an additional library file 
> > to
> > get all the modules working again (Microsoft Office 12.0 Object Library) 
> > but
> > I haven't seen any evidence that turning this on caused any issues either.
> >
> > When I pieced the database together into a new one, the file size was just
> > 3.5 MB when the behavior started again. the full database import turns out 
> > to
> > be ~ 6MB so I don't believe file size should be an issue.
> >
> > Other things to note: When a session of Access is already open and I 
> > double
> > click to open the database in a second session of Access, it never gives 
> > me
> > the error. It also never happens if I use the shift key (bypass) as I open
> > the database or if I set options to have no form to display on opening. 
> > Also
> > never get the error the first time I open after a compact & repair (but 
> > then
> > reappears on the second attempt).
> >
> > Any other ideas?  How do I use the \Decompile flag?
> >
> > -- 
> > Joe
> >
> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
> >
> >> Have you made a backup copy and run Compact & Repair?
> >>
> >> (more difficult ... have you made a backup copy and launched it using the
> >> /Decompile flag?)
> >>
> >> (about as difficult ... have you created a new empty db and imported all 
> >> the
> >> pieces?)
> >>
> >> Regards
> >>
> >> Jeff Boyce
> >> Microsoft Access MVP
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
> >> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
> >> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
> >>
> >> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
> >> guarantee as to suitability.
> >>
> >> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
> >> possible/necessary.
> >>
> >>
> >> "joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:36B22D64-D096-44E9-A9B8-7AB7F7190079@microsoft.com...
> >> >I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the
> >> >resolution...
> >> > I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database stating 
> >> > that
> >> > the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens
> >> > successfully.
> >> >
> >> > -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not occur, 
> >> > the
> >> > file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did 
> >> > not
> >> > open
> >> > at all)
> >> > -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' set 
> >> > in
> >> > the
> >> > Application Options for the 'Current Database'
> >> > -- The database contains macros, VBA modules etc. that all work 
> >> > normally
> >> > once I acknowledge the error and accept macros
> >> > -- The file was originally created in Access 2003 on XP. Never saw the
> >> > error
> >> > until modifications were made to the 2003 version in Access 2007.  I 
> >> > have
> >> > since converted the file to 2007 hoping to lose the error in the 
> >> > process,
> >> > but
> >> > with no luck.
> >> >
> >> > Hope this all makes since. I am currently running Windows Vista and 
> >> > using
> >> > Access 2007.
> >> >
> >> > -- 
> >> > Joe
> >>
> >>
> >> .
> >> 
> 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
4/21/2010 10:28:01 PM
Keep checking back here -- perhaps one of the other newsgroup readers has 
run across this and has a less drastic solution...

Good luck!

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Access MVP

-- 
Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
does not constitute endorsement thereof.

Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
guarantee as to suitability.

You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
possible/necessary.

"joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:2B734A95-6019-4C4D-8AE3-751B5127CB18@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Jeff, unfortunately the \decompile flag didn't do anything for me.
> guess I'm going to have to start from scratch.
>
> -- 
> Joe
>
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Try searching on-line for MS Access and \Decompile for more detailed
>> explanations.
>>
>> What you're describing sounds like there's some form of subtle 
>> corruption.
>>
>> If Compact & Repair, plus import to new db isn't catching it, the 
>> \Decompile
>> is pretty much the last step I know of before starting from scratch 
>> (i.e.,
>> importing what DOES work, then rebuilding whatever object(s) 'munge' the
>> db).
>>
>> Good luck!
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>
>> -- 
>> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned
>> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein
>> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>>
>> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no
>> guarantee as to suitability.
>>
>> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> possible/necessary.
>>
>> "joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A4F249D3-2DF6-4700-9191-D49C6B1383E6@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks for the response Jeff,
>> >
>> > I've run compact & repair without any luck.
>> > I'm not familiar with using the \Decompile flag but I have created a 
>> > new
>> > database and slowly imported pieces of the database until I started 
>> > seeing
>> > the same behavior.
>> >
>> > I started with the 'welcome' form that is set to come up when the 
>> > database
>> > opens & everything worked fine. I then added my login form, macros,
>> > modules,
>> > and tables (both linked and embedded) without anything happening. it
>> > wasn't
>> > until I started loading more of the remaining forms that I seemed to 
>> > reach
>> > a
>> > 'breaking point' (when 8 of the forms were loaded). Playing with it I
>> > haven't
>> > been able to nail down a single form that appears to be causing the
>> > problem
>> > (I've got 24 forms in the complete database).  I also tried importing 
>> > the
>> > entire database into a new file in one shot and the problem keeps 
>> > coming
>> > back.
>> >
>> > Somewhere along the line I do have to include an additional library 
>> > file
>> > to
>> > get all the modules working again (Microsoft Office 12.0 Object 
>> > Library)
>> > but
>> > I haven't seen any evidence that turning this on caused any issues 
>> > either.
>> >
>> > When I pieced the database together into a new one, the file size was 
>> > just
>> > 3.5 MB when the behavior started again. the full database import turns 
>> > out
>> > to
>> > be ~ 6MB so I don't believe file size should be an issue.
>> >
>> > Other things to note: When a session of Access is already open and I
>> > double
>> > click to open the database in a second session of Access, it never 
>> > gives
>> > me
>> > the error. It also never happens if I use the shift key (bypass) as I 
>> > open
>> > the database or if I set options to have no form to display on opening.
>> > Also
>> > never get the error the first time I open after a compact & repair (but
>> > then
>> > reappears on the second attempt).
>> >
>> > Any other ideas?  How do I use the \Decompile flag?
>> >
>> > -- 
>> > Joe
>> >
>> > "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Have you made a backup copy and run Compact & Repair?
>> >>
>> >> (more difficult ... have you made a backup copy and launched it using 
>> >> the
>> >> /Decompile flag?)
>> >>
>> >> (about as difficult ... have you created a new empty db and imported 
>> >> all
>> >> the
>> >> pieces?)
>> >>
>> >> Regards
>> >>
>> >> Jeff Boyce
>> >> Microsoft Access MVP
>> >>
>> >> -- 
>> >> Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services 
>> >> mentioned
>> >> in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service 
>> >> herein
>> >> does not constitute endorsement thereof.
>> >>
>> >> Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with 
>> >> no
>> >> guarantee as to suitability.
>> >>
>> >> You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer
>> >> possible/necessary.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "joewb7" <joewb7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:36B22D64-D096-44E9-A9B8-7AB7F7190079@microsoft.com...
>> >> >I don't think this is a new issue but I can't seem to find the
>> >> >resolution...
>> >> > I get an error when opening my Access 2007 formatted database 
>> >> > stating
>> >> > that
>> >> > the file could not be found, though at the same time the file opens
>> >> > successfully.
>> >> >
>> >> > -- Error is intermittent. On occasions where the error does not 
>> >> > occur,
>> >> > the
>> >> > file opens normally (I have never had an occasion where the file did
>> >> > not
>> >> > open
>> >> > at all)
>> >> > -- I have only seen the error happen when I have a 'Display Form' 
>> >> > set
>> >> > in
>> >> > the
>> >> > Application Options for the 'Current Database'
>> >> > -- The database contains macros, VBA modules etc. that all work
>> >> > normally
>> >> > once I acknowledge the error and accept macros
>> >> > -- The file was originally created in Access 2003 on XP. Never saw 
>> >> > the
>> >> > error
>> >> > until modifications were made to the 2003 version in Access 2007.  I
>> >> > have
>> >> > since converted the file to 2007 hoping to lose the error in the
>> >> > process,
>> >> > but
>> >> > with no luck.
>> >> >
>> >> > Hope this all makes since. I am currently running Windows Vista and
>> >> > using
>> >> > Access 2007.
>> >> >
>> >> > -- 
>> >> > Joe
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> .
>> >>
>>
>>
>> .
>> 


0
Jeff
4/22/2010 4:04:28 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Read-Only Files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel EVERY time I open a document in Word 2008 it is telling me when I edit it, then try to save it that &quot;This file is read-only. To save a copy, click OK, and give the document a new name in the Save dialog box.&quot; I have renamed the file at least 5 different times because of this, and am running out of different names to call the file! <br><br>I am running Mac OS X Version 10.6.2 with an Intel Core 2 Duo processor. Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac Version 12.2.0 Latest installed update 1...

Can't open outlook :(
i just installed microsoft office 2003 professional (upgrading from microsoft office 2000 small business)... and all the programs work except when i try and open outlook. as a box pops up saying "Configuring Outlook" (and migrating account settings) another window pops up over it and says "connecting to microsoft exchange server" and under that: "your microsoft server is unavailable"... my three options are "retry," "work offline," and "cancel"... cancel just closes the program, "retry" just gives me the same window... ...

Changing file types in vista
I try to download my investment account statement as a .qif file in money but it tells me there are improper headings. The solution it says is to click on the files tab in file associations and go to edit and advanced and check "confirm download" but I'm using Vista and there is no files tab for making this change.... Any help? In microsoft.public.money, Jeff Schmidt wrote: >I try to download my investment account statement as a .qif file in money but >it tells me there are improper headings. The solution it says is to click on >the files tab in file associati...

Checking for open forms in access 97
Hi How can I check if a particular form is already open in access 97? Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > How can I check if a particular form is already open in access 97? > > Thanks > > Regards Copy this into a standard module and then use it to test for open forms... Function IsLoaded(ByVal strFormName As String) As Boolean ' Returns True if the specified form is open in Form view or Datasheet view. On Error GoTo ErrHandler Const conObjStateClosed = 0 Const conDesignView = 0 If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, strFormName) <> con...

when opening outlook, hard drive grinds for up to #2
10 minutes before opening?? I have scanpst'ed , my pst is less the 600 MB , what is going on and how do I fix it. Close Outlook. Find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. (If using Windows 2000 or XP, you will need to enable searching hidden and system folders.) Once you have done so, reopen Outlook and it should open fine. You will need to rebuild any custom toolbars or customizations as the file outcmd.dat controls how the toolbars display. When it becomes corrupted, it will cause Outlook to hang because it cannot create the toolbars that you expect. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

How can I open outlook in a different inbox, i.e.hotmail ?
I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 i Windows XP and opens in its own inbox. Is it possible to set it to open in the Hotmail inbox where my mail is found? ...

outlook error message #41
I have installed office 2003 and when I try to get to my address book I get the following message "can't contact LDAP directory server(81)". How do I repair this ...

Some Error that I can't figure out.
Ok I am typing in a bunch of UPC numbers for my data sheet, It will be a couple hundred numbers. The UPC numbers are as follows 012569528628 027616149237 025192051029 012235111536 012569528734 012569508422 12569508439 86162180934 043396039490 043396603820 012569509023 012569509030 12569512429 12569512436 For some odd reason all the numbers without a zero are wrong. All of these numbers need 1 number 0 in front of them. As for the other numbers I get a little green arrow in the upper left corner of the cell. It tells me Something about "Number stored as text" (This is the one...

Excel opening splashscreen
Is there a way to disable the splashscreen that pops up when opening Excel? - I see no need for it. TIA Bill Chatfield Use the /e switch in the shortcut used to open excel. eg ... excel.exe /e Regards BrianB ===================================================== "Bill Chatfield" <Please@smile.com> wrote in message news:<eMijb.287880$mp.227286@rwcrnsc51.ops.asp.att.net>... > Is there a way to disable the splashscreen that pops up when opening > Excel? - I see no need for it. > > TIA > > Bill Chatfield Thanks Brian "BrianB" <Bria...

Can not open .wb1 file with XL2000 and XL2002
Hi, I have a OEM Computer I have XL2000 and XL2002 installed. I do not have the CD for Office. I have some Imp files that are in the Quattro Pro format and have extension .wb1. I am unable to open it in Excel. Excel help says that it supports .wb1 format. I am unable to find the Quattro Pro 5.0 convertor. The converter for Quattro Pro 5.0 files is part of the Office 2000, available in the Excel tree of the Office setup program. I do not believe it is available as a download or any other way. If you do no have the setup files you might consider buying Conversions Plus from www.datawiz...

linker error because of unresolved external symbol
Hi there, I have a linker error I cannot get rid of. Here it is: nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argv nafxcw.lib(appcore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___argc nafxcw.lib(filelist.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype nafxcw.lib(apphelp.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype nafxcw.lib(timecore.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol __mbctype I have been searching the newsgroups and haven't found a solution for me. Usually , one get this error when mixing up run-time libs. But I...

how do I hyperlink 9000 emails in an excel file, for bulk emailin
I'm using Mail Sender Express Pro by E-mailSmatrz and can only seem to import emails that are hyperlinked (this was a file with 10 emails!) The excel file with 9000 emails won't import. So I wanted to try hyperlinking them and trying it this way. Thanks!! ...

Converting Quatro Pro 5.0 file to Excell
Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to preserve and use my quatro pro files in excell. Thanks. try the excel newsgroup... >-----Original Message----- >Can this be done. If so, how. I would really like to >preserve and use my quatro pro files in excell. Thanks. >. > ...

Run-time error 3077
Hello Everybody, In Access 2003, I am using VBA to find a string in a table. Every time I try to execute following line: anRST.FindFirst "John Smith" I get "Run-time error '3077':" which says: Syntax error (missing operator) in expression. Same is true for FindNext, FindLast and FindPrevious. anRST was defined using following code: Set anRST = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("Test", dbOpenDynaset) Where "Test" is the name of the table. Any ideas what I am missing? Thank you, -- Syed Zeeshan Haider -----------------------------------------...

Outlook 2000
When I attempt to open OUTLOOK from the desk top icon, I receive an error message stating: "outlook.exe has generated errors. Does anyone have a correction for this problem or solution. PS - I also receive this error when I attempt to open outlook from: "start/programs. Thanks Can you get any more details about the error? "Breck" <Npba900@aol.com> wrote in message news:022e01c3674a$b2fc35e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > When I attempt to open OUTLOOK from the desk top icon, I > receive an error message stating: > > "outlook.exe has generated errors. ...

Can't load my publisher files.
Two or three days ago Publissher started stalling when I try to load files back into program. I ran install, ran repair files, no fix. I would really like to know what happen. Thanks, for any information you have available. (1) You only need to post your question once. Some of us are not obsessive-compulsive about checking the newsgroup. We may need a half hour to see there is a question. (2) What version of Publisher? (3) Specifically, what happens when you try to open a file? (4) Are you double-clicking on a file name in Explorer or opening Publisher first and then browsing for ...

Error sending CRM Email through VPN Connection
Hello! We have remote users that work with CRM on-line through VPN Connection. Sales for Outlook though VPN works in general, but when someone tries to send CRM email from the Outlook and presses the Send button, he gets an "unknown error". Could you advise us? Thank you, Elena ...

Exporting multiple sheets to multiple htm files?
I have a workbook that has 32 sheets in it. I would like to export each sheet into its own htm file. Is there a way to do this automatically so I don't have to go through and export each sheet individually? I do NOT want to export it as a multi-sheet htm page. Thanks... J How about this: Option Explicit Sub testme() Dim wks As Worksheet For Each wks In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets wks.Copy 'to a new workbook With ActiveSheet .Parent.SaveAs Filename:="C:\temp\" & .Name & ".htm", _ FileFormat:=xlHtml ...

Diagonal error lines in a scatter?
I have a scatter with 2 series. Series 1 plots "Original GM%" vs "Original Sales". Series 2 plots "New GM%" vs "Sales At New Price". The two series have the same number of points; in each series, a point represents a customer. So every company has two points on the chart, one in series 1 and one in series 2. Is there anyway to automatically connect corresponding points in the two series? I know I can use error bars if only the GM changes or only the sales changes (that is, if a company's point in series 2 is vertically or horizontally aligned wi...

Run-time error '424'
Can anyone advise why I am getting a run-time error with this line (and what I need to do to get it working?): Me.Parent!Form.Bookmark = rst.Bookmark 'reposition the form Here is the code I am trying to run: Sub Form_Click() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset If Me.Parent.Dirty Then Me.Parent.Dirty = False End If 'Search in the clone set. Set rs = Me.RecordsetClone rs.FindFirst "[RecID] = '" & Me.RecID & "'" If Not rs.NoMatch Then Me.P...

Importing a text file
Is it possible to import a text file into Excel? I have a text file with thousands of company names and address on (all formatted as below) that I would like to import into Excel...problem is that I want to import them into rows with each address detail falling under the correct column heading i.e. Column for Company name, column for Address1 column for address 2 etc. Company Name Address Address2 City Postal Code Company Name Address Address2 City Postal Code etc etc Ultimately I need to use these address's to mail merge, otherwise if somebody has a better suggestion for using a text f...

convert Publisher version 2 files to Publisher 2003?
Does Microsoft have a converter for converting Publisher version 2 files to Publisher 2003 or even to Publisher 2000? Publisher 2003 should open your 2.0 files. Are you getting an error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "JAB" <JAB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C87D6C52-7810-48B1-9DD5-E221827B19B1@microsoft.com... > Does Microsoft have a converter for converting Publisher version 2 files to > Publisher 2003 or even to Publisher 2000? Thanks for your response Mary. Yes I get ...

Why can't I open Outlook 2003?
Just installed Office 2003, When I try to open Outlook i get 'Configuring Outlook Accounts - creating welcome message', then 'Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable'. When I click 'work offline' I then get 'Unable to open your default e-mail folders - your profile is not configured'. Only option is to click OK, which closes Outlook. Can't get passed these messages. I've reinstalled Office twice - still no luck "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5724BFB7-B39B-4B80-886B-E76CDC21F461@microsoft.com......

Changing hyperlinks in vml_*.htm files while saving vsd file as webpage
Hi, I am saving a .vsd file as a web page. Everything works fine, a .htm file will be created and a directory having the images and vml files. I can play with the created htm file by opening in internet explorer. But When I include this file into another html file using frames I am facing some problem. I understood what causes this problem. Its due to, the target (pointing to _parent) in v:shapetype tag and href (pointing to #) in v:shape tag, the web page is not working. What I understood is target should point to the _top and href should point to the file main file from which I am calling...

outlook stays open
When shutting down outlook2k in xp pro and w98 the program hangs in close mode.."please wait while microsoft shuts down" anyone heard of this?? .. Mike This is a 98 issue. Go to the windows update center, let Microsoft sca your computer for available updates and under recommended updates ther should be a patch which addresses the 98 shutdown issue. Have Microsof install this recommended update, reboot and the issue of shutdow should disappear. As for your xp version I am at a loss Warre ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelT...