error numbers

Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their
resolution by ERROR NUMBER?

I have never found anything like that.  Now they have something called
"Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to let one
look up errors by error number!

Thanks
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Hi,

Fredrated schrieb:
> Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their
> resolution by ERROR NUMBER?
>
> I have never found anything like that.  Now they have something called
> "Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to let one
> look up errors by error number!

do you talk about the Knowledge Base?

If yes, this might be interesting for you - postet a few days ago in the
German Access newsgroup:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/242450/en-us

This site gives you a lot of keywords to get exacter search results. In
your case the keyword kberrmsg sounds interesting.

Bye
André

--
http://www.access-entwicklerbuch.de
http://www.access-im-unternehmen.de

As to problem resolution by error code that's a hopeless dream because
the error number and its description that you see may have nothing to
do with the thing in your code that actually caused the Error event.

There is absolutely no compiler that will flawlessly detect the errors
in your code.  Most of them are pretty good and they're generally
getting better.  However when they fail, the reported errors can be
meaningless and misleading.  In time you develop a list of things to
try to make the error go away.

Run time code can be even wilder.  Source code that compiles
flawlessly will often fail repeatably.  That's why software
manufacturers have QA departments.  The best software QA department I
ever saw, bar none, was at DEC circa 1980 on their DECMate
wordprocessor software.  The differentiator was that the initial level
of testing during product development was populated by novice users
with minimal computer expertise and training.  They were given
wordprocessing tasks to do.  They would do the most ridiculous things
that often caused errors.  They would first report the error to their
supervisor.  If it wasn't related to the product they were thanked,
told how to avoid that error in the future and sent back to their
task.  Often they would flush errors out of code that the individual
developer (once it was isolated to the offending module) had delivered
as bullet proof.  The QA folks had to then go talk to the relevant
developer.  They were always surprised when the developer started the
interview with "That's great, you can't believe what a contribution
you're making".  Unfortunately for us, there was a high turnover in
that group.  Once they got proficient at using the software they no
longer flushed out the wild errors.

If you could flawlessly tell developers the exact things that they
must do to prevent *each and every* error then Bill Gates or Steve
Ballmer will have a private jet and a limousine on its way to you with
an offer that would eclipse the contracts of NBA and NFL stars.

HTH
--
-Larry-
--

"Fredrated" <Fredrated@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if microsoft has a way to look up errors and their
> resolution by ERROR NUMBER?
>
> I have never found anything like that.  Now they have something
called
> "Events and Errors Message Center" but even that doesn't appear to
let one
> look up errors by error number!
>
> Thanks

0
Larry

#NAME? error in nested if & VB
I have many cellse (5 x 10) usine up to 6 nested ifs in each cell. a cell looks similar to: =IF(AND(ISNUMBER(Summary_GOOD),AB40),CompDM($D40,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD)-IF(AB39,CompDM($D39,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB38,CompDM($D38,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB37,CompDM($D37,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(AB36,CompDM($D36,"GOOD",Summary_GOOD),IF(Summary_GOOD_Writer="REP",CompDM("REP","GOOD",Summary_GOOD),0)))))) In an attempt to reduce the size of the formula I created in VB (1st attempt at VB: Function CompDM(Contract_...

Ato generated control number
Hi , Thank you for any and all assistance. I have a customer entry form(CustEntryForm) the fields that I want to auto populate are CreationDate, ControlNumber. The CreationDate date/time stamps when the customer request is created. The ControlNumber is my request tracking field. The CreationDate field works. What I am having a problem with is getting the ControlNumber field to auto generate. The ControlNumber is being created based on the CreationDate field by grabbing the year portion of the date. The date is structured like yy-001(10-001) I have the following SQL state...

Viewing error: can only see in Full Screen
Hi all, TIA for the help. I've had 2 users in the last month or so say that when they open their sheet, it only displays a grey screen. Once i flip it to View > Full Screen, the sheet comes up. Any solutions? Thanks, Kevin M ...

Returning text value instead of number
The following query IIf([Subject]="holidays",[SumOfNon Chargeable],"0") provides the value of the non chargeable field which originates as a number. The query returns the correct value but returns it as text and not a number, how can I rectify this? Help please... Omit the quotes around the zero: IIf([Subject]="holidays", [SumOfNon Chargeable], 0) Access sees the quotes, and assumes that it is Text. If that doesn't fix it, you need to dig deeper into how [SumOfNon Chargeable] is generated. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Austra...

DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS error
Hi all , I got the problem the error is DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS , due to my service admin account is unknown account now , how can i remove this account , thx Stanley I also have the same error when i try using the Exchange Administrator from a Windows XP Pro (SP2) workstation, and it seems that it happened when a domain was added that used a Windows Server 2003 DC (mixed mode), and we also have this error when modifying admin rights to the 'Adminnistrator'!!!!!!!!!! any help on this would help Jason "Stanley" wrote: > Hi all , > > I got the pr...

sequence numbers #2
how i can put sequence number after applying filter. if anyone can help me on this matter, i'll be very thankful. If your list begins in cell A1.... Insert a column and put SEQ in the "new" cell A1. Then put this formula in Cell A2 and copy down: =SUBTOTAL(3,B$2:B2) Now filter your list. That formula will count the number of non-blank, visible cells. Note the dollar sign in the formula. Cell A3 will count the non-blank, visible cells from A2:A3. Cell A5 will count them from A2:A5, etc. Does that help? -- Regards, Ron "Ashley" wrote: > how i can put se...

The Command Is Not Available Error Message When You Try to Start the Out of Of
We're experiencing when a client comes back from leave and wants to turn off the Out of Office message from Outlook 2003 with Windows XP or 2000, it actually does not prompt them the "Out of office" message box. This is the error message displayed: "The Command Is Not Available Error Message When You Try to Start the Out of Office Assistant" I've already tried going into the registry and fixed it once before, but with Windows XP it is not a solution. Has anyone come across this. Thanks. ...

Error: This view is damaged. The default view will be used
Has anyone seen this before. I have a user with a new install of Outlook. He has been able to send and receive just fine. He opens up Outlook now and some of his folders are un-available. Folders = Deleted / Puplic folders / Favorite and a couple others. Try this - CLose Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /CleanViews (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanViews" Select OK ....any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlo...

OnError not trapping subsequent errors?
I am working with an org chart "tree" in table form to find the reporting heirachy. I start with the employee name, look it up on another table, and find that person's reporting manager. Then I look up that manager as an employee to find their manager, and so on. Eventually each tree hits an error when I get to the top of the tree, because it can't find a matching manager name. So, I use onError to escape the loop and present the data onscreen for review. This works fine the first time, but the code stops with an error on the second 'original' emplo...

Blue Sreen Error
I get a blue screen error (also known as the blue screen of death or BSOD) in Windows XP Pro that is caused by PowerPoint 2007. I should say “primarily” caused by PowerPoint as some other things will occasionally trigger it as well. It usually happens when I am scrolling through a number of PowerPoint slides. Other rare causes are also graphics intensive such as Google Earth or a web cam. My guess is that it is not a PowerPoint problem in itself but in a driver or device issue (video card for example). But before I start detailed troubleshooting I thought I would ask if anybo...

Give Null value and suppress error
I have a cbo ShopName on my subform that is populated by ltblShop. I want the the field blank if a ShopName is not applicable as this entry is later used and a "None" entry would not work there. At this point, my first msgbox opens confirming that there's no shop and upon "Yes" focus returns to ShopName but the regular Access NotInList error message pops up - presumably because it can't match " " in the list - I can tab beyond it into the next field but I want that error suppressed. Thanks so much for your help!! Here's my code: If New...

0x800CCC0F error #2
OL2003 I have my POP and SMTP settings correct (I have run test message and it sends and receives) yet when OL automatically sends and receives, I get the above error with server responded on 553 unknown address. I have increased server timeout but still nothing, any help is appreciated It's a bit tough to know exactly what the problem is but one suggestion is that you have 2 email addresses set up; one which is working and one with erroneous settings - maybe set up by mistake when you were configuring OL. Oliver "T5" <noanswer@hotmail.com> wrote in message ne...

Trendline error???
Has anybody else had this problem? If one uses a 6 order polynomial as trendline and then s/he enters manually in an other column the same equation taken from the displayed trendline equation on the graph , the original trendline is different from the one manually entered. Excel plots the two different curves having the same equation!!! Please see an example at : http://www.geocities.com/audax/error.xls Thank you for the help. Gene Disregard the previous message. The problem is due to the rounding off. The trendline calculation is OK. Gene See my website for the use of LINEST to get coef...

Record auto numbering
I suppose I shouldn't be concerned, but my record autonumbering jumped from 135 to 432,233 when I was trying to copy and paste common info. Any way to reset? Access Rookie If the numbers don't have "meaning" nor need to be sequential, no problem. Actually if they needed to be sequential or have meaing, there would be a problem as autonumbers often aren't as you just found out. Still that is quite a jump. Copying and pasting can be a problem. It's better to import instead. You could empty the table, like exporting to Excel, then do a compact and ...

after crash forms display errors
Hello, I was working on my Db when all of a sudden it crashed. I saved a backup and closed it down. I opened the back up and now on my main " Job Information" form, almost all of my text boxes with equations display "#Name?". Some of the text boxes reference other tables, some other forms, and some the same form they are located on. I checked the data source an a select few boxes and all the data, according to my table, is correct. Its worth noting that the entire DB was working perfectly before this crash. Now if i go into design mode for the form, delete any t...

Outline Numbering Format
In Power Point, can we do numbering format other than what is shown as available under Fomat option? Current Numbering Format option is limited to 1 digit numbering, i.e. 1, 2, 3... But can we do numbering format such as 1.1, 1.2, 1.3.... or 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3 etc like numbering format in Microsoft word? Thanks. Michaela, Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. No such possibility in PPT 2003, 2007 and I guess not in 2010 either. -- Luc Sanders MVP - PowerPoint "Michaela Won" <michaelawon@gmail.com> schreef in bericht news:%230zq0em1KHA.4724@TK2MS...

error on excel 2000 when inserting new column
This message occur-" To prevent possible loss of data, Microsoft Excel cannot shift nonblank cells off the worksheet. Try to delete or clear the cells to the right and below your data. Then select cell A1,and save yur workbook to reset the last cell used or, yo can move the data to a new location and try again." please help me about this. thanks! Jaypee Unless you specifically reset excels usedrange occassionally, you can find that lots of inserting can mean that excel thinks it has data far more to the right or below of where you think. If you then try to insert say a colum...

Authentication Error after CRM Rebuild
We had to rebuild our CRM 3.0 server, and after installing SQL 2005 & CRM and restoring the databases, we are now getting an authentication error in the browser. Note that the original AD security groups in AD were accidentally deleted. Also, we tried to re-associate the databases with CRM through Deployment Manager but the Server Manager part is not displayed. We made sure we were logged in with the CRM installation credentials Any thoughts about how we can get past this? Thanks Yes, 1) Uninstall CRM 2) Run the Redeployment Wizard (on the DVD, Redeployment folder) -- this will do ...

Cannot restart numbered list in Word2007
Why do numbered list automatically revert to 'continue from the previous list' after I have saved the document and then re-opened it. I have 6 Word2007 subdocuments files, that I have inserted into a Master Document. If I open a file outside the Master Document and change the numbered lists to start at 1 using 'Restart at 1' or 'Restart at i' (for a second level list) command, then save and open it again outside the Master Document all the numbered lists are correct. But if I open this file in the Master Document all the numbered lists run continuou...

View All Records CMD button error
Hi all, Access 2007, Vista SP2, Ultimate 32 bit I have a filter form on which I have combo boxes to filter by specific criteria. I also have a command button that should open the record display form to show all records with the following behind the button: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Private Sub cmdViewAll_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdViewAll_Click Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "frmMedsRec" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Exit_cmdViewAll_Click: Exit Sub Err_cmdViewAll_Click: MsgBox Err.Des...

ERRORS After Initial Install of Office: Mac 2004 Standard Edition
I just installed MS Office 2004 on my brand new iMAC. The Test Drive edition (from my laptop) was removed at the end of the process. I emptied the trash. But when I launch the programs, I get the following error: An unexpected error occurred while trying to load the Microsoft Framework library. And when I quit Excel I get this error: Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec This can't be good. What should I do? Update. After you've downloaded and applied the 11.3.3 updater, you should be able to run Office without these error messages. On 1/2/07 18:58, in article 1170352733.992...

Strange Error
WHen I try and create a contact/address in Outlook 2002 address book I get this error. "A new entry could not be added. Please use the contacts module to create this entry." I am using Windows 98 as well, any light shed would be GREAT thanx Click on your contacts folder and create addresses/contacts there. PWRMNGR wrote: > WHen I try and create a contact/address in Outlook 2002 address book > I get this error. "A new entry could not be added. Please use the > contacts module to create this entry." > > I am using Windows 98 as well, any light shed would...

Protected worksheet error
Hi, in my installation of Excel 2003 something unwanted happens: if the worksheet is somehow protected, even if I try to access unprotected cells, that is cells on wich I can write, on every cell I try to access I'm prompted to provide a password. I repeat: on every cell I'm prompted to provide a password. This is very ennoying (as you can imagine). I even tried to re-install Excel 2003, but with no success. Any suggestion ? Thanks Teodoro Marinucci Teodoro Tools>Protection>Allow Users to Edit Ranges. Perhaps you have passworded the entire sheet as a range. Clear/...

eConnect / Great Plains / Biztalk question for any error in the event log
I posted this question on the Biztalk forum as well, but thought I would give it a shot here as well. I am getting the below error every once in awhile when I am inserting a large group of records into Great Plains, does anyone know how I can code for this in Orchestration Design? I tried coding the error number in a decision box, but it seems to bypass the error number that is displayed in the event log? Any help would be greatly appreciated.... Event Type: Error Event Source: VBRuntime Event Category: None Event ID: 1 Date: 04/27/2005 Time: 10:03:17 AM User: N/A Computer: BIZTALK Desc...

CRM Emails Error
Hi to all I configured crm 4.0,email router,i go these error, #26234 - The E-mail Router service could not process a provider work item using assembly: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailProviders.dll and class: Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3PollingMailboxProvider. Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.EmailException: An error occurred while executing POP3 command "QUIT". The server response was: "". at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.Pop3Client.ValidateLine (String receivedLine, String command, Boolean hideCommand) at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.P...