Error in Chart data

I have a report that is populating from one query. It takes data for a year
and groups it by month with the lost time for that month. I am comparing 3
years data 20005, 2006, and 2007. I have set the chart up and it looks good
except that my time for each month goes into the data area as a "CountOf"
lost time and all months are therefore one. I want to show the lost time for
each month. I have tried right clicking on the field in the data area and
Autocalc is set to Count, but everything else is grayed out and unavailable.
How can I change this setting to just display the value? Thanks in advance
for the help.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

System Error
When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the error message "the filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect." I am running windows XP SP2. Please advise how I can fix this error. JGee You might wish to post in the XP forum. The GP forum is for Great Plains people. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "JGee" wrote: > When I attempt to clean out my recycling bin, I receive the erro...

Express Error: 0x800CCC79
I keep getting this: "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'comercial@mcabombas.com'. Subject 'Medidor898-989', Account: 'Ivette Celis V.', Server: 'mail.fueldevil.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.2.1 <comercial@mcabombas.com>... Mailbox disabled for this recipient', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79" How can I solve this? Ralph Post to an Outlook Express group in the future. For now, contact the...

Outlook Web Access: Error on Page
The basic version of OWA works fine (other than frustrations with selecting email addresses from GAL and contacts folder when composing an email; suggestions on that are welcome), but the Premier version only half-works on some machines. Messages can be displayed, but clicking any "button" to show the address book, reply to, create, or forward email, etc, all create an "Error on page" message in the status bar. I've experienced no other java errors on other pages/sites. Does OWA require or prefer Microsoft VM over Sun's Java, or does ActiveX require any special c...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

Is is me? Or is Excel 2007 Charting Lame?
Maybe I'm missing something. If so, let me know. The process of creating a chart is unintuitive and cumbersome. A big step backwards from 2003. The manual says to just select your data and insert the chart. What I find is that 95% of the time, I have to re-do the data selection. If I highlight two columns and insert the graph, Excel thinks both columns are two different series instead of x and y axis. I create two columns, label one of them "X", one of them "Y". Put some numbers below that. Now insert an XY chart. One would think that it could figure out "...

100% Stacked Bar chart, two bars, want percent as well as real value
I am attempting to chart the following: Series 1 - Values over the prior 30 days Series 2 - Values over the prior 12 months I would like to show both data series as 100% bar charts, so users of the information can compare percentage of the last 30 days with percentage of the same piece of data over the last 12 months. So, for example the two data series might look like this: Series 1 20 25 45 65 Series 2 211 324 403 822 I want to display both the actual value, and the percentage of the total, for each series, in the labels. For some reason, showing percentage is not an option. Why is th...

summarizing worksheet data
Hi, I want to create what should be a relatively simple spreadsheet with, say, fifty worksheets in the workbook. Each worksheet would be identical in terms of number of rows & columns, as well as the type of data those columns contain. On the first worksheet, however, I'd like to be able to summarize the cumulative totals of all the other sheets. So, for instance, if cell a20 on worksheets 2 through 50 contained a formula that calculated a sum of the figures in a1:a19, I'd like to put a formula in a cell in the first worksheet that will total the cell a20 in all the other w...

Gathering and adding data from different rows
Hi all, I run a report at work every day that tells me how many shares of a company have been sold and from what year these shares were granted to the participant. The year and the amount of shares are on different lines. For instance, the year would be on D5 and the share amount would be on D10. This is a daily function and the data changes every day. I am required to manually scan these reports and add up the shares for each year separately. I have to separate the amounts for 2003, 1997 and 1996. I want to create a spreadsheeet that I can dump this data into and have the spreadsheet find...

Numbers Chart
I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. thanks, CB -- C and A Bredt Top left corner of chart: =ROW(A1)+10*(COLUMN(A1)-1) Copy to a 10x10 area. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click "yes" if this post helped you!* "C and A Bredt" wrote: > I need a 10x10 chart of numbers 1-100 with the numbers vertical. > I'm sure there is a quickie way to do it. > thanks, CB > -- > C and A Bredt > Highlight the cells, format > Cells > Alignment and make it 90 degrees. "Luke...

Text Boxes added to Chart Series
How do I keep text boxes that I've added to a data series with the column they belong on? If I change the size of the chart in anyway, I have to move the text boxes back to their respective spots on the chart. Text boxes are not added to a series, but to the chart. This prevents their sticking to any particular points. Could you add them as data labels? If you use a built-in position (i.e., don't drag them around) they will stick with their associated points - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://P...

SOAP error
I am getting this error when I am making SOAP call to a webservice. I am using perl - SOAPLite HTTP/1.1 500 (Internal Server Error) Internal Server Error. Cache-Control: private Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:49:36 GMT Server: Microsoft-IIS/6.0 Content-Length: 476 Content-Type: text/xml; charset=utf-8 Client-Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2006 14:48:27 GMT Client-Peer: x.x.x.x Client-Response-Num: 1 X-AspNet-Version: 1.1.4322 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi= "...

Calculation / Format Error
I'm using this formula in cell AE69 =IF(AL69="NO","",AE68*(AM69/100)) When the logic is true I want the cell value to be zero, but show as blank. When this cell is summed up with others, a #VALUE! is returned. I am assuming excel is seeing this cell as text and thus returning an error. I have tried adjusting the formula to: =IF(AL69="NO","0",AE68*(AM69/100)) I have selected the accounting formating for AE69 with the "£" symbol. However, instead of getting the £ symbol to the left and a dash representing z...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Macro to pull every Nth row of data
I have a spreadsheet of data and I need to pull every 60th row out onto another sheet. Any simple macros? Thanks. Amy How about Sub Test() Source_Sheet = "Sheet1" Target_Sheet = "Sheet2" n = 5000 ' your last line of data on Sheet1 Target_Row = 1 Sheets(Target_Sheet).Select For nCount = 1 To n Step 60 Worksheets(Source_Sheet).Cells(nCount, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets(Target_Sheet).Cells(Target_Row, 1).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ F...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Winfax 10 causes an error on Exit of Outlook 2003!!
Hi all Just installed Winfax 10 and since doing so, everytime I exit Outlook 2003 I get an error "Microsoft Office Outllok has encountered a problem and needs to close, We are sorry for this inconvenience." I did view the report prepared for sending to MS and there was mention of the Winfax plugin causing the problem. Anyone know of a workaround or perhaps I need to dump Winfax! Regards John Have you checked with Symantec yet to see if they have managed to get WinFax 10 to work with Outlook 2003? It usually takes them several months to bring WinFax up to speed, if they ever ...

Office 12 Error: EventType officelifeboathang with CRM v3c
Looking for help :) Client machine is a XP Sp2 build, fully updated, with Office 2007 Pro installed, again updated, with CRM V3c installed. For the majority of the time Outlook and CRM work fine together, but once a day it will crash, and the only error that is in the App log for that time is as below: Event Type: Error Event Source: Microsoft Office 12 Event Category: None Event ID: 5000 Date: 17/05/2007 Time: 10:47:18 User: N/A Computer: COMPUTER Description: EventType officelifeboa...

TrueCrypt 6.3a
Hi I'm having difficulties compiling TrueCrypt 6.3a, possibly because I'm not quite sure as to how to set up all extra libraries/tools. 1. The PC's specs I was using to compile were: - Pentium 4 w/2gb RAM - WinXP Pro w/s.p.2 - MS Visual C++ 2008 Pro - RSA Security Inc. PKCS #11 Cryptographic Token Interface 2.20 - NASM 2.07 (Win32) installed 2. The things I wasn't sure about were: - For MS Visual C++ 2008 Pro: + was s.p.1 really necessary, or could I've done without? It's just that, as I recall, when I tried to run an upd...

Last cell with data in a range
I enter weekly data into a spreadsheet with a summary page at the front. After every week, when new data is entered, I want the formula at the front to use the cell with the new data instead of me having to change the existing formula. For example, my data looks like this: A B C 276 300 421 175 0 0 0 I need a formula that will automatically detect the last number >0 in column C. Thank you for your assistance! =Countif(C2:C1000,">0") so your main page formula might be something like: =...

Data Validation in XL2007 suddenly stops functioning
I created a workbook in XL2003 that included some named ranges on Sheet2 that fed some data validation lists on Sheet1. Everything worked as expected. My colleague opened up the workbook in XL2007 and used it several times, and everything worked as expected. Then she called me, saying that it was broken. Of the 6 named ranges and related data validation columns on the other sheet, none of them were working anymore. I went over to her PC, and checked everything I could think of- I could set up working data validation test cells on Sheet2, but could not get the ones on Sheet1 to...

Error Message about "sync server"
I'm syncing an iPhone to Outlook & get a strange error message -- the message is from Outlook, offers to review conflicts or not, then pops up the box with "Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented." What does it mean by "sync server"? bj Maybe this? http://www.slipstick.com/problems/syncerror.htm Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ OutlookForums http://www.outlookfor...

Error Message #63
When moving an outlook email object to a networked drive I have a user that receives a "not enough memory to process this command". The machine is running windows xp sp1 with 512K along with Microsoft Office 2003. The machine has to be rebooted after this error message in order to move the email to the networked drive. Thanks, in advance for your help Gary ...

Error when saving
I am trying to save a new file that I created out of a macro. When I g to save the file I get a error message that pops up saying, "Documen Not Saved." Any ideas what could be happening? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Exchange web site appear Error in the IIS
Hi i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll up patched is installed on it when i checked the IIS that mornning i had found out that the exchange website folder appear in read Icon with error word so did any body know why its like so and how can i solve it Any support is appreciated Thanks Maged N. Roshdy On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 05:51:08 -0800, Maged N. Roshdy <MagedNRoshdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >i have at my company a win 2000 SP4 domain , the exchange 2000 SP3 and roll >up patched is installed on it > >when...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...