Error 3197 single user database

I've looked through previous answer to this problem but cannot find one that
works.

I've had the usual message relating to this: The jet database engine stopped
because you and another user are attempting to the same data at the same time.

I'm using Access 2003 with Windows XP
I've tried opening holding the shift key down.
I've tried importing into another blank database but get the same error and
message.
I've tried using the repair database function but also get the same error
and message .

I think the problem may have ocurred because of a Power failure.  I'd just
closed Access and thought it had finished compacting and shut when the power
failed.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Typically, this error occurs when you are trying to display (and edit) the
same data in 2 places, like within 2 forms. Trying to Drill down will often
cause this if you haven't saved the data on the first form yet.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Dr Pete" <DrPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've looked through previous answer to this problem but cannot find one
> that
> works.
>
> I've had the usual message relating to this: The jet database engine
> stopped
> because you and another user are attempting to the same data at the same
> time.
>
> I'm using Access 2003 with Windows XP
> I've tried opening holding the shift key down.
> I've tried importing into another blank database but get the same error
> and
> message.
> I've tried using the repair database function but also get the same error
> and message .
>
> I think the problem may have ocurred because of a Power failure.  I'd just
> closed Access and thought it had finished compacting and shut when the
> power
> failed.

0
Arvin
2/2/2008 6:21:14 PM
Thankyou for your reply.

As I said in my earlier message I had closed Access and I thought it had
finished saving the DB as I had my Windows desktop visible and this was when
the power supply failed.  I appreciate that this may not have caused teh
problem but I mentioned it because I read somewhere that it may cause a
problem.  Is there a way to solve this problem or even to get acces to th
tables etc so that I can salvage something.

Pete

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Typically, this error occurs when you are trying to display (and edit) the
> same data in 2 places, like within 2 forms. Trying to Drill down will often
> cause this if you haven't saved the data on the first form yet.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Dr Pete" <DrPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've looked through previous answer to this problem but cannot find one
> > that
> > works.
> >
> > I've had the usual message relating to this: The jet database engine
> > stopped
> > because you and another user are attempting to the same data at the same
> > time.
> >
> > I'm using Access 2003 with Windows XP
> > I've tried opening holding the shift key down.
> > I've tried importing into another blank database but get the same error
> > and
> > message.
> > I've tried using the repair database function but also get the same error
> > and message .
> >
> > I think the problem may have ocurred because of a Power failure.  I'd just
> > closed Access and thought it had finished compacting and shut when the
> > power
> > failed.

Power supply failures will often cause database corruption, so if the
database was actually open when the failore occured, that is a likely
problem. Here is my standard advice on corruption:

First, always work on a copy of the database. Working on the original may
make it impossible for a repair service to fix it.

Download a copy of JetComp.exe:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273956

Try backing up your forms as text with the undocumented SaveAsText
LoadFromText functions:

http://www.datastrat.com/Code/DocDatabase.txt

Also have a look at the Microsoft KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;209137

Then have a look at Tony Toews' Access Corruption FAQ at:

http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm

for some suggestions. Unfortunately, some corruption cannot be fixed - you
may need to create a new database, import what can be salvaged, and recreate
the rest.

Although it's a paid service, Peter Miller does an outstanding job of saving
corrupt databases. Try this URL:

http://www.pksolutions.com
--

> Thankyou for your reply.
>
> As I said in my earlier message I had closed Access and I thought it had
> finished saving the DB as I had my Windows desktop visible and this was
> when
> the power supply failed.  I appreciate that this may not have caused teh
> problem but I mentioned it because I read somewhere that it may cause a
> problem.  Is there a way to solve this problem or even to get acces to th
> tables etc so that I can salvage something.
>
> Pete
>
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Typically, this error occurs when you are trying to display (and edit)
>> the
>> same data in 2 places, like within 2 forms. Trying to Drill down will
>> often
>> cause this if you haven't saved the data on the first form yet.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "Dr Pete" <DrPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I've looked through previous answer to this problem but cannot find one
>> > that
>> > works.
>> >
>> > I've had the usual message relating to this: The jet database engine
>> > stopped
>> > because you and another user are attempting to the same data at the
>> > same
>> > time.
>> >
>> > I'm using Access 2003 with Windows XP
>> > I've tried opening holding the shift key down.
>> > I've tried importing into another blank database but get the same error
>> > and
>> > message.
>> > I've tried using the repair database function but also get the same
>> > error
>> > and message .
>> >
>> > I think the problem may have ocurred because of a Power failure.  I'd
>> > just
>> > closed Access and thought it had finished compacting and shut when the
>> > power
>> > failed.

0
Arvin
2/3/2008 11:38:21 AM
Sir,
After reading these articles, I still can not get the corrupted db to open.
Could you suggest how to open one like this?  Thank you, Robert

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Power supply failures will often cause database corruption, so if the
> database was actually open when the failore occured, that is a likely
> problem. Here is my standard advice on corruption:
>
> First, always work on a copy of the database. Working on the original may
> make it impossible for a repair service to fix it.
>
> Download a copy of JetComp.exe:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273956
>
> Try backing up your forms as text with the undocumented SaveAsText
> LoadFromText functions:
>
> http://www.datastrat.com/Code/DocDatabase.txt
>
> Also have a look at the Microsoft KB article:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;209137
>
> Then have a look at Tony Toews' Access Corruption FAQ at:
>
> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
>
> for some suggestions. Unfortunately, some corruption cannot be fixed - you
> may need to create a new database, import what can be salvaged, and recreate
> the rest.
>
> Although it's a paid service, Peter Miller does an outstanding job of saving
> corrupt databases. Try this URL:
>
> http://www.pksolutions.com
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>

> "Dr Pete" <DrPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thankyou for your reply.
> >
> > As I said in my earlier message I had closed Access and I thought it had
> > finished saving the DB as I had my Windows desktop visible and this was
> > when
> > the power supply failed.  I appreciate that this may not have caused teh
> > problem but I mentioned it because I read somewhere that it may cause a
> > problem.  Is there a way to solve this problem or even to get acces to th
> > tables etc so that I can salvage something.
> >
> > Pete
> >
> > "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Typically, this error occurs when you are trying to display (and edit)
> >> the
> >> same data in 2 places, like within 2 forms. Trying to Drill down will
> >> often
> >> cause this if you haven't saved the data on the first form yet.
> >> --
> >> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> >> http://www.datastrat.com
> >> http://www.mvps.org/access
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com
> >>
> >> "Dr Pete" <DrPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

If you've tried ALL of the solutions below, you probably need an outside
source to use a hex editor to find and fix the corruption. I can recommend
the one listed below, but there are others. Just Google for "Access
corruption repair"
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sir,
> After reading these articles, I still can not get the corrupted db to
> open.
> Could you suggest how to open one like this?  Thank you, Robert
>
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Power supply failures will often cause database corruption, so if the
>> database was actually open when the failore occured, that is a likely
>> problem. Here is my standard advice on corruption:
>>
>> First, always work on a copy of the database. Working on the original may
>> make it impossible for a repair service to fix it.
>>
>> Download a copy of JetComp.exe:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273956
>>
>> Try backing up your forms as text with the undocumented SaveAsText
>> LoadFromText functions:
>>
>> http://www.datastrat.com/Code/DocDatabase.txt
>>
>> Also have a look at the Microsoft KB article:
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;209137
>>
>> Then have a look at Tony Toews' Access Corruption FAQ at:
>>
>> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
>>
>> for some suggestions. Unfortunately, some corruption cannot be fixed -
>> you
>> may need to create a new database, import what can be salvaged, and
>> recreate
>> the rest.
>>
>> Although it's a paid service, Peter Miller does an outstanding job of
>> saving
>> corrupt databases. Try this URL:
>>
>> http://www.pksolutions.com
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>

>> "Dr Pete" <DrPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thankyou for your reply.
>> >
>> > As I said in my earlier message I had closed Access and I thought it
>> > had
>> > finished saving the DB as I had my Windows desktop visible and this was
>> > when
>> > the power supply failed.  I appreciate that this may not have caused
>> > teh
>> > problem but I mentioned it because I read somewhere that it may cause a
>> > problem.  Is there a way to solve this problem or even to get acces to
>> > th
>> > tables etc so that I can salvage something.
>> >
>> > Pete

0
Arvin
2/3/2008 10:18:09 PM
Sir,
I did try ALL as suggested  -just can not get the db to open.  tried to
change name and place db on different server.  Still can not open.  Used the
JET tool but still said I could not open the file, etc.
Will now try to go open source on Google and ACCESS Corruption repair.
This is very frustrating, but i apprecaite your advice.

If you think of another means so i can at least open the db and then look
via VBA into the record that may be corrupted and eliminate it, please email
me.
Thanks, Robert

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> If you've tried ALL of the solutions below, you probably need an outside
> source to use a hex editor to find and fix the corruption. I can recommend
> the one listed below, but there are others. Just Google for "Access
> corruption repair"
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sir,
> > After reading these articles, I still can not get the corrupted db to
> > open.
> > Could you suggest how to open one like this?  Thank you, Robert
> >
> > "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Power supply failures will often cause database corruption, so if the
> >> database was actually open when the failore occured, that is a likely
> >> problem. Here is my standard advice on corruption:
> >>
> >> First, always work on a copy of the database. Working on the original may
> >> make it impossible for a repair service to fix it.
> >>
> >> Download a copy of JetComp.exe:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;273956
> >>
> >> Try backing up your forms as text with the undocumented SaveAsText
> >> LoadFromText functions:
> >>
> >> http://www.datastrat.com/Code/DocDatabase.txt
> >>
> >> Also have a look at the Microsoft KB article:
> >>
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;209137
> >>
> >> Then have a look at Tony Toews' Access Corruption FAQ at:
> >>
> >> http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/corruptmdbs.htm
> >>
> >> for some suggestions. Unfortunately, some corruption cannot be fixed -
> >> you
> >> may need to create a new database, import what can be salvaged, and
> >> recreate
> >> the rest.
> >>
> >> Although it's a paid service, Peter Miller does an outstanding job of
> >> saving
> >> corrupt databases. Try this URL:
> >>
> >> http://www.pksolutions.com
> >> --
> >> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> >> http://www.datastrat.com
> >> http://www.mvps.org/access
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com
> >>

> >> "Dr Pete" <DrPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Whatever you choose to do, be sure to make copies and work on those copies.
Working on the original of a corrupt database, can corrupt it beyond repair,
as can trying to open it in a program that autosaves, such as Word or Excel.
If you've done that, it is gone for good.

HTH, and Good luck.
--

> Sir,
> I did try ALL as suggested  -just can not get the db to open.  tried to
> change name and place db on different server.  Still can not open.  Used
> the
> JET tool but still said I could not open the file, etc.
> Will now try to go open source on Google and ACCESS Corruption repair.
> This is very frustrating, but i apprecaite your advice.
>
> If you think of another means so i can at least open the db and then look
> via VBA into the record that may be corrupted and eliminate it, please
> email
> me.
> Thanks, Robert
>
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you've tried ALL of the solutions below, you probably need an outside
>> source to use a hex editor to find and fix the corruption. I can
>> recommend
>> the one listed below, but there are others. Just Google for "Access
>> corruption repair"
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sir,
>> > After reading these articles, I still can not get the corrupted db to
>> > open.
>> > Could you suggest how to open one like this?  Thank you, Robert

0
Arvin
2/4/2008 1:27:20 PM
I guess i may not have communicated the real issue.  I have not been able to
open this database to make ANY suggestions of a correction.  I have cut and
pasted it into a new server and folder - i have tried to use the EXCEL tool -
i tried to rename it.  I can not open this file to make it work at all.  Is
there some way to open it so I can use the VBA tool and see what happened?

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Whatever you choose to do, be sure to make copies and work on those copies.
> Working on the original of a corrupt database, can corrupt it beyond repair,
> as can trying to open it in a program that autosaves, such as Word or Excel.
> If you've done that, it is gone for good.
>
> HTH, and Good luck.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sir,
> > I did try ALL as suggested  -just can not get the db to open.  tried to
> > change name and place db on different server.  Still can not open.  Used
> > the
> > JET tool but still said I could not open the file, etc.
> > Will now try to go open source on Google and ACCESS Corruption repair.
> > This is very frustrating, but i apprecaite your advice.
> >
> > If you think of another means so i can at least open the db and then look
> > via VBA into the record that may be corrupted and eliminate it, please
> > email
> > me.
> > Thanks, Robert
> >
> > "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> If you've tried ALL of the solutions below, you probably need an outside
> >> source to use a hex editor to find and fix the corruption. I can
> >> recommend
> >> the one listed below, but there are others. Just Google for "Access
> >> corruption repair"
> >> --
> >> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> >> http://www.datastrat.com
> >> http://www.mvps.org/access
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com
> >>
> >> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

My guess is that it is corrupt beyond anything you can do to repair it. One
last try:

Create a new, empty database and try to import the data. If that doesn't
work, you will need to use a repair service. DO NOT try to open the file
with any other program. If you do, there is a very good chance that you will
corrupt it beyond anything that even a repair service can fix.
--

>I guess i may not have communicated the real issue.  I have not been able
> open this database to make ANY suggestions of a correction.  I have cut
> and
> pasted it into a new server and folder - i have tried to use the EXCEL
> tool -
> i tried to rename it.  I can not open this file to make it work at all.
> Is
> there some way to open it so I can use the VBA tool and see what happened?

> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Whatever you choose to do, be sure to make copies and work on those
>> copies.
>> Working on the original of a corrupt database, can corrupt it beyond
>> repair,
>> as can trying to open it in a program that autosaves, such as Word or
>> Excel.
>> If you've done that, it is gone for good.
>>
>> HTH, and Good luck.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "Robert" <Robert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Sir,
>> > I did try ALL as suggested  -just can not get the db to open.  tried to
>> > change name and place db on different server.  Still can not open.
>> > Used
>> > the
>> > JET tool but still said I could not open the file, etc.
>> > Will now try to go open source on Google and ACCESS Corruption repair.
>> > This is very frustrating, but i apprecaite your advice.
>> >
>> > If you think of another means so i can at least open the db and then
>> > look
>> > via VBA into the record that may be corrupted and eliminate it, please
>> > email
>> > me.
>> > Thanks, Robert

0
Arvin

Outlook 2007 Object could not be found error
We have a user who is a delegate on 10 other users in Outlook 2007. The user has been provided editorial rights to modify and create appointments on the client’s Outlook. She is able to manage and create appointments on 7 of the 10 clients, but the other 3 come up with an “Object could not be found” error. The user can set up meetings fine in her mailbox as well as when creating appointments for other. It’s just the 3 users that are causing the problem. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. JoeP ...

exporting/importing databases
Can someone tell me if it is possible to bring a database created in microsoft access into microsoft publisher 2002. any suggestions, I am trying to create a mailing list and I have about 900 entries to transfer. thanks ...

Determining Changes between an Old and Updated Database
Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able tocompare the new database to the old one to determine exactly whatchanged from the new to the old. Any ideas? Set up linked tables so you can access data in one database from theother; and then use queries (especially but not only Find Unmatchedqueries) to examine the data. On 5 Mar 2007 09:49:27 -0800, quinnculver@gmail.com wrote:>Each week, I recieve an updated database and would like to be able to>compare the new database to the old one to determine exactly what>changed from the new to the old. Any ideas?--John Nur...

OE address book
I am using Windows XP and attempting to use Outlook Express 6. I am trying, without much success, to import my Netscape 7.1 address book into OE6. I saved my Netscape address book as an LDIF file, opened OE6, clicked on "import-other address book-LDIF" and selected my saved Netscape address book to import. I receive the message "application error in importer DLL C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\wabimp.dll", and nothing is imported. What am I doing wrong, or do I need to reinstall OE6? How would I reinstall OE6 if I have to? Thank you. K.C. This newsgroup is ...

Receiving Blank Emails from Outlook 2003 User
Hi! One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get a blank one from her. Any clues? She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. PMD Is Out of Office turned on? Pascal Dorion wrote: > Hi! > > > One of my users is sending a blank email to everyone that sends her an > email. I have no idea how this is happening. But I send her an email and get > a blank one from her. > > Any clues? > > She uses Outlook 2003 with the latest patches. > > > P...

two users on one computer
I have Windows 7 and use Outlook 2003. I really want to separate my husbands emails from mine, so I created a new email account for him. How can I have his emails sent to a different location within Outlook? You need to create his personal username in Windows 7 so that he can manage his own emails and documents; and you can manage your own emails and documents. If you don't know how to create his own username then I suggest post your query here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/threads hth "karen" <karen@discussions.micro...

Users can't browse or see local site in GAL
My users cannot view RECIPIENTS CONTAINER objects, of our local EXCHANGE SITE, in the GAL. However they can still send email to users in our local site. Our site doesn't even show up in the GAL, but they can browse other Exchange Sites in the GAL. Now here's the kicker, Domain/Exchange Admins can view see the local site name in the GAL and browse to see the recipient containers within the local site. This leads me to believe that permission some how got screwed up. But, nothing jumps out at me! Thanks for the support, BR Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid...

Users locked out after changing password
We are issues with users changing their passwords in Dynamics GP, existing the application, and upon logging in again with their new password, getting immediately locked out of the system. They then have to be unlocked at the sql level, but upon changing the password, the same thing happens. We have Enforce Password Policy on, and we are on SP3 of Dynamics GP. Does anybody have any insight to resolving this issue? ------=_NextPart_0001_6BB9EA6B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Randall It is possible that the user is getting locked out as they have changed so...

Error 80070057
H I just installed a Exchange 2003 box as new server of a Exchange 5.5 site (exdeploy-tools) I didn't received any errors during install and mail flow between servers My issue is when I view the RUS properties it shows only Descriptio properties and when I try to generate a new RUS service I get the erro Exchange System Manager Invalid Argumen Facility: Win3 ID No: 8007005 Exchange System Manage I received the same error message when I try to generate a new Address Lis What is the problem The exchange service account is member of the following groups: local administrators, domain a...

Offline User does not have Licence or Role
I have an issue where all users can successfully go offline, no errors etc. When disconnected from the network the users get CRM error, no licence or role, so they can not use CRM. If they are connected to the domain but CRM is offline it works fine, when they go back online there are no errors. I have uninstalled and re installed one client including deleting the local db and registry keys etc but to no avail. Has anyone else had this issue or know why this would occur please, the clients are on XP Pro SP1, the CRM is 1.2 and Office 2000. Colin can you tell us the exact message the...

Visual Basic Error Message #2
After updating an application unrelated to Excel that I have been using for two years, evefry time I now start Excel (I'm using Excel 2003, by the way), I initially get a Microsoft Visual Basic error window popping up on my screen: "System Error &H8000FFFF (-2147418113). Catastrophic failure." When I click OK, a second Microsoft Visual Basic error window pops up: "Out of memory." I then click OK, the window disapears, and then everything runs just fine. All my calculations, prior work and spreadsheets and so forth, as well as new files I create are readily...

Compile error
Hi, My below code has a compile error : Expected: list seperator or ) Pls help solve it. Sub Consolidation() 'Copy to the next line in the target file' Dim i As Integer, wb As Workbook Dim first, last As Long 'Open all files in the folder' With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "N:\Tax\FILE1" .SearchSubFolders = False .Filename = "*.xls" .Execute For i = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count 'Open each workbook Set wb = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=.FoundFiles(i)) 'Identify 1st row...

HTTP_500 error with mobile active sync
Hi, We have a problem that none of our mobile devices can sync with the Exchange 2003 server. I have done absolutely everyting posible, and found on the knowledge base. The problem is this. When a PPC 2003 connects with activesync over SSL to our exchange 2003, they get authenticated, but after a few seconds they will receive the HTTP_500 error. This is the WC3 log of the IIS site hosting the Active Sync : ##### 172.31.1.4 OPTIONS /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync User=bvh&DeviceId=4FC5706E41B81E1188000050BF1977E0&DeviceType=PocketPC&Log=VNATNASNC:0A0C0D0FS:0A0C0D0SP:0C0I0S0R ...

userS list
How is possible to get the list of all users defined on a PC (win XP) ? Thanks -- Alberto if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from email address Take a look at the NetUserEnum() & NetUserGetInfo() API's. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Alberto" <a.forlai@nospam.virgilio.it> wrote in message news:eQoyEHgUDHA.1832@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > How is possible to get the list of all users defined on a PC (win XP) ? > > Thanks > > -- > Alberto > > if you want to contact me remove NOSPAM. from ema...

The user Id is invalid.

Error on Importing Access Query
I am trying to import Access Query to Excel so I can generate pivot table and chart with live data. However importing external data reads column header only, no values. I have done this before, a while ago. I don't understand why this is not working. Can somebody help me? ...

Error 0x800CCC0B #3
Hi everyone. I'm having a problem sending e-mail. I'm using WIN98SE and Explorer/Outlook 6.0. Every time I try to send a message, I get the 0x800CCCoB error message. I tried looking it up in the Knowledge Base, but the only reply had to do with WIN2000. It said it had something to do with the security options in the Account. In my Account toolbox, the Log On Using Secure Pasword Authentication, My Server Requires Authenication, and Outgoing SMPT On This server Requires A Secure Connection boxes are all unchecked. Outlook is acting as if they were. How to fix this so I can sen...

Two users sharing a computer but not inbox
Hi guys, is it possible, in Outlook 02, for two users to share a computer but be able to send/receive emails from different accounts? Eg: in our restaurant we have one computer. Currently that computer is receiving mail for dine@restaurant but now we want the chef to have his own address, chef@restaurant. However, we want dine@ and chef@ to go to separate inboxes so the manager and chef don't have to sift through unnecessary messages to read their own mail. I have tried setting up the new email address and telling it to put messages in a new data file called chef.pst but this hasn't...

Need to upgrade CRM but only have MSCRM database file
Does anybody have any suggestions how to upgrade crm 1.2 to crm 3.0 when all you have is the MSCRM and the METADATA database files from the crm 1.2 install? I assume you mean you have lost the active directory it was installed on with version 1.2? In this case you would be forced to extract data out of these databases with code and import to a new CRM ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "John Steskal" <JohnSteskal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E2FC01F-E422-49CD-A808-66D5A02B4E59@...

Publisher "The clipboard is busy" error.
When I cut/copy and paste from the MS Clips online library I get errors. Publisher cannot complete the operation Then immediately following I get the next box: The clipboard is busy. Publisher cannot currently cut, copy or paste your data because another program is using the clipboard. Wait a moment and try again, or close other programs and try again. No other programs are open. The clips are very small. I have shut down and restarted. I have tried other items and some work. Any help? MS Publisher 2002 (10.4629.4219) sp2 Thanks, Rob Might empty your cache. When the temp folder is fu...

fatal error LNK1201: error writing to program database
I am using VisualStudio 2003, and writing MFC app. The error occured quite frequently, and I had to restart VisualStudio in order to continue. Any idea why this is happening and how to fix it? Thanks. Michael Could this be your problem? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238875 Do a search on "LNK1201: error writing to program database" in msdn.microsoft.com AliR. "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B7823EB9-78EE-4FF9-9C29-30723F6C4126@microsoft.com... > I am using VisualStudio 2003, and writing MFC app. ...

continually getting send/receive errors using outlook 2002
Does anyone know why I am continually getting send/receive errors when trying to send an e-mail. I can receive e-mails from virtually anybody that is not blocked by Norton Anti-Spam(Norton Internet Security 2005). My account is a pop3 account with the 'Orange' mobile phone network, therefore it has an '@orange.net' address. I have tried 'repairing' outlook from add/remove programs - this did not fix the problem. Neither did uninstalling and re-installing (also from add/remove programs) this time it only allowed me to send a test e-mail to my '@aol.com' ad...

Error openning Workbook
I am having trouble openning an Excell 2002 workbook. The file is 49 meg in size and I am running Win 2000 OS. The error message provided has no value. just stated whether to send error report to Microsoft. Thanks ...

How to screen mail for a user?
Exchange 2000 running on Win2K Server. I have a user who needs to focus on a single project for a few months. We want to cause all of his incoming mail to appear in his manager's inbox rather than his own inbox. Then, the manager can forward any relevant mail to the user, and other mail can be either ignored or forwarded to other users. The user needs to be able to send mail and reply to the mails that get forwarded to his inbox, and that mail needs to come from his current email address. At first I thought it would just be a simple matter of setting a forwarding address, but then ...

PCRE & MFC: problem with link error
I'm trying to get an MFC v6 project to link with the C Perl Compatible Regular Expression (pcre) library, and encountering a link error about unresolved references. Pcre seems mostly oriented to the unix/linux world, and more or less unaware that Microsoft exists. There is a C++ "wrapper" but it seems mostly for having a regex object, which isn't what I'm struggling with. Help appreciated. I'm mostly ignorant about using the linker beyond using the ide. extern "C" { #include "pcre.h" } BOOL CPcreTestApp::InitInstance() { pcre *re = NULL; ...