Error #2950

Hi,

I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table.  The
data is entered into the three tables via a form.  I have a macro set up to
create/update the single table through some make table queries and update
queries of data within the first three tables.  I have this macro tied a
close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser
environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment.  I only
really need to have the single table updated daily.  Do you have any good
tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the queries to
make/update the third table if in a multiuser environment and have it run in
a single user environment?

Thanks,

Terry Carroll
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Terrence,

Is the database in a Trusted Location?  Is the database split?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Terrence Carroll" <TerrenceCarroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7C8E399A-8DA9-4C02-80DE-604B03CA7F61@microsoft.com...
Hi,

I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table.  The
data is entered into the three tables via a form.  I have a macro set up to
create/update the single table through some make table queries and update
queries of data within the first three tables.  I have this macro tied a
close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser
environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment.  I only
really need to have the single table updated daily.  Do you have any good
tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the queries to
make/update the third table if in a multiuser environment and have it run in
a single user environment?

Thanks,

Terry Carroll

0
Gina
3/15/2010 11:18:52 PM
Hi Gina,

The database is in a trusted location but is not split.  Let me know ifyou
need any additional info. I was thinking about replacing the macro with vba
code to run the various queries that are within the current macro but I wa a
little unsure as to how the error handling piece should look.  I do get an
warning message message indicating that a user has a lock on the table that I
am trying to create/update and then I get the error 2950 message indicating
the macro has halted.  Is there anyway to bypass the update process if
multiple users are in the database and then whent he final user for the day
closes out of the database, have the database update?

Thanks,

Terry

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Terrence,
>
> Is the database in a Trusted Location?  Is the database split?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Terrence Carroll" <TerrenceCarroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C8E399A-8DA9-4C02-80DE-604B03CA7F61@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table.  The
> data is entered into the three tables via a form.  I have a macro set up to
> create/update the single table through some make table queries and update
> queries of data within the first three tables.  I have this macro tied a
> close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser
> environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment.  I only
> really need to have the single table updated daily.  Do you have any good
> tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the queries to
> make/update the third table if in a multiuser environment and have it run in
> a single user environment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry Carroll

Terry,

The *first* thing you need to do it split your database....

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html

....or those message will not stop macro and/or VBA.  Think of it like
this...  Two people trying to get the keys in the ignition, only one is
going to make it.  The others will have to wait till the car comes back.
That is what is happening with your database, first come, first serve.

--

message news:3A995688-2436-4090-AB51-74552E75BE4E@microsoft.com...

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Terrence,
>
> Is the database in a Trusted Location?  Is the database split?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Terrence Carroll" <TerrenceCarroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C8E399A-8DA9-4C02-80DE-604B03CA7F61@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table.  The
> data is entered into the three tables via a form.  I have a macro set up
> create/update the single table through some make table queries and update
> queries of data within the first three tables.  I have this macro tied a
> close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser
> environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment.  I only
> really need to have the single table updated daily.  Do you have any good
> tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the queries to
> make/update the third table if in a multiuser environment and have it run
> in
> a single user environment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry Carroll