Error #2950

Hi,

I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table.  The
data is entered into the three tables via a form.  I have a macro set up to
create/update the single table through some make table queries and update
queries of data within the first three tables.  I have this macro tied a
close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser
environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment.  I only
really need to have the single table updated daily.  Do you have any good
tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the queries to
make/update the third table if in a multiuser environment and have it run in
a single user environment?

Thanks,

Terry Carroll
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Terrence,

Is the database in a Trusted Location?  Is the database split?

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"Terrence Carroll" <TerrenceCarroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:7C8E399A-8DA9-4C02-80DE-604B03CA7F61@microsoft.com...
Hi,

I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table.  The
data is entered into the three tables via a form.  I have a macro set up to
create/update the single table through some make table queries and update
queries of data within the first three tables.  I have this macro tied a
close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser
environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment.  I only
really need to have the single table updated daily.  Do you have any good
tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the queries to
make/update the third table if in a multiuser environment and have it run in
a single user environment?

Thanks,

Terry Carroll

0
Gina
3/15/2010 11:18:52 PM
Hi Gina,

The database is in a trusted location but is not split.  Let me know ifyou
need any additional info. I was thinking about replacing the macro with vba
code to run the various queries that are within the current macro but I wa a
little unsure as to how the error handling piece should look.  I do get an
warning message message indicating that a user has a lock on the table that I
am trying to create/update and then I get the error 2950 message indicating
the macro has halted.  Is there anyway to bypass the update process if
multiple users are in the database and then whent he final user for the day
closes out of the database, have the database update?

Thanks,

Terry

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Terrence,
>
> Is the database in a Trusted Location?  Is the database split?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Terrence Carroll" <TerrenceCarroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C8E399A-8DA9-4C02-80DE-604B03CA7F61@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table.  The
> data is entered into the three tables via a form.  I have a macro set up to
> create/update the single table through some make table queries and update
> queries of data within the first three tables.  I have this macro tied a
> close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser
> environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment.  I only
> really need to have the single table updated daily.  Do you have any good
> tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the queries to
> make/update the third table if in a multiuser environment and have it run in
> a single user environment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry Carroll

Terry,

The *first* thing you need to do it split your database....

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html

....or those message will not stop macro and/or VBA.  Think of it like
this...  Two people trying to get the keys in the ignition, only one is
going to make it.  The others will have to wait till the car comes back.
That is what is happening with your database, first come, first serve.

--

message news:3A995688-2436-4090-AB51-74552E75BE4E@microsoft.com...

"Gina Whipp" wrote:

> Terrence,
>
> Is the database in a Trusted Location?  Is the database split?
>
> --
> Gina Whipp
> 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)
>
> "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors
> II
>
> http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm
>
> "Terrence Carroll" <TerrenceCarroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:7C8E399A-8DA9-4C02-80DE-604B03CA7F61@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have three tables from which data I use to create a single table.  The
> data is entered into the three tables via a form.  I have a macro set up
> create/update the single table through some make table queries and update
> queries of data within the first three tables.  I have this macro tied a
> close form event and I keep getting a 2950 error when in a multiuser
> environment however the macro works in a single user envioronment.  I only
> really need to have the single table updated daily.  Do you have any good
> tips on error handling procedures so I can skip running of the queries to
> make/update the third table if in a multiuser environment and have it run
> in
> a single user environment?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Terry Carroll

0
Gina

Cryptographic Signature Error when Configuring Security in Outlook 2000
Hi. When I try to install the temporary token I received from my Exchange Server into the Get Digital ID dialog box, I receive the error "The Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP) Signature does not match the CSPinstalled on your achine. Update Security System." I have 128-bit cipher strength on my Outlook client. The PC that I am installing it on was previously a Windows NT 4 PC, but was upgraded to XP Professional. Any suggestions or resolutions are greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find any documents on this error. Thanks. ...

Error when I tray to open control panel
Hi, I dont know why appear this error when I tray to open the control panel. Somebody knows and how to fix.? Thank you begin 666 erropanel.JPG M_]C_X `02D9)1@`!`0$`8 !@``#_VP!#``@&!@<&!0@'!P<)"0@*#!0-# L+ M#!D2$P\4'1H?'AT:'!P@)"XG("(L(QP<*#<I+# Q-#0T'R<Y/3@R/"XS-#+_ MVP!#`0D)"0P+#!@-#1@R(1PA,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R M,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C(R,C+_P `1" />!WD#`2(``A$!`Q$!_\0` M'P```04!`0$!`0$```````````$"`P0%!@<("0H+_\0`M1 ``@$#`P($`P4% M! 0```%]`0(#``01!1(A,4$&$U%A!R)Q%#*...

Excel Printing error
I am receiving an error when printing to HP laserjets 8100, 8150's from Excel 2002 the error message I receive is below "Your file could not be printed due to an error on ( printername ) There may not be enough memory available, try closing files and programs you arent using. If you use a network for printing, there may be a problem with the network connection or the printer driver. there may be loose cables or a bad connection between your computer and printer" I have updated the printer drivers to the latest version but I am still receiving the error. If I remove and reinst...

Strange error message
Hello, I am getting a strange message when I am trying to copy a graph that I use in a payroll document that we use. It contains data and a graph for each employee. It worked just fine for 80% of the document then all of a sudden I started to get this message: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" with an OK button. I can hit the OK button and it will eventually continue on (after multiple clicks). But each time I copy and paste the graph, it gives me this message. I am using Excel 2002 on Win 2000 Pro with all the latest updates and patches available. T...

Authentication Error after restoring SQL databases
Our CRM Development Team messed up our dev server and asked our SQL dba to restore a two day old SQL backup of the MSCRM and METABASE databases. After the restore, the CRM app. is unaccessible through the browser ( Authentication Error. Microsoft CRM could not log you on to the system. Make sure your user record is enabled and that you have been assigned at least one security role. For more information, contact your system administrator. ) Using the Deployment Manager only the License Manager information are visible and neither Server Manager nor User Manager. It seems like the applicat...

WIN98 Outlook 2000 Distributed Authentication Error
Using WIN98 2nd Edition and Office2000 Outlook. Dial-up connects to internet fine and operates fine, Outlook comes up fine and logs into e-mail server, however just before e-mail is supposed to start downloading I get the following: "An error occurred loading the Distributed Password Authentication Components." After clicking OK, get message box "Microsoft Server Extensions" and message "Unable to read configuration information for Microsoft Personal Web Server error code 1723." Uninstalled Office2000 and totally reinstalled, only to get the same exac...

Help with PO Error!
When trying to enter a PO, we had some problems and this is the error it generated: Unhandled script exception: Value of range. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_SELECTED We can't get rid of the PO, we've tried everything except to run checklinks. At this time checklinks is not an option until we close the year. Why would you get this error? Is the only way to get rid of it through checklinks? GP 6.0, PSQL 2000i Thanks for your help in advance. Julie If the problem occured during initial data entry, then the PO status will be (1) 'New' or the PO status...

System error. #2
My program is the only program that runs on this particular computer. Every few hours or days a system error occurs. It must be related to my program since the errors only occur when my program is running. I don't know what is causing the problem. I put the compiler and the source code on the computer and ran the debug version of my program in the debugger. The problem still occurred no different. After the crash, all running programs are gone. Its like the whole operating system cleared. I have never seen a bug like this and I don't know what to do. The program is small and si...

Page Count Error
I have a 4 page report. I use the default Page Count function. It prints: Page 1 of 3 Page 2 of 3 Page 3 of 3 Page 4 of 3 How does one correct this error? OldEd This is likely to happen if you have code that suppresses or duplicates sections of the report (e.g. setting the report's runtime properties such as NextRecord, MoveLayout.) It happens because Access doesn't run the events for all the intervening pages, i.e. it calculates the number of pages without executing the code that can change the number of pages required. There can be other causes, but here...

How to generate conditional pop-up error message?
I have a moderately complex sheet with a lot of cells where the user (usually me) can enter data. I would like to add checks to certain cells and generate a pop-up warning message if there is an error. The pop-up would be like a Comment or an Input Message, except that it would appear if a test failed, rather than when hovering over the cell or selecting it. Have a look at Data | Data Validation in Help Then come back with more questions Example, you have arrange that a cell can have only values "cat" or "dog", and that a message (the text of which you get to decide) po...

Error message when using outlook connector for Lotus
I keep getting an error message, "Notes Termination skipped because a thread has not terminated. Please reboot" when Outlook is started. I am using Outlook Connector for Lotus. The error goes away on clicking 'OK', but keeps recurring time and again. Nothing seems to get rid of this annoying message. Tried to uninstall the Outlook conenctor and install the new version of Outlook connector, but of no avail. Can anybody tell me the way to get rid of this problem? Thanks, VS hi i've the same problem Do you have any solutions thank Marve -- Marve -----------------------...

Invalid sender domain
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Boat Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 AM 554 Fahlahas@Surgv.com: Recipient address rejected: invalid sender domain Dan Klinge <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote: > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: RE: Boat > > Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 ...

Credit Card Expiration date error
We are getting an error message for credit cards with expiration dates greater than 2010. Has anyone else seen that? We are currently on RMS 1.2 using PC-Charge. It takes expiration dates through 2009. hi Rick, There is update for 1.2 to 1.3 and also in 1.3 there are patches available kindly download from customer sources this will resolve the issue "Rick@ASP" wrote: > We are getting an error message for credit cards with expiration dates > greater than 2010. Has anyone else seen that? We are currently on RMS 1.2 > using PC-Charge. It takes expiration dates thr...

Dupicate Record Error
Hi, we are to deploy tomorrow and while we were finishing up some final customizations, we started getting the Error. When we create a contact on its own, it is ok. Then we can associate it with an Account. However, when we open an Account, choose Contacts side tab, then create a new account, all our mapped information comes through and is visible in the fields. When we try and save it, then we get the duplication error that "Duplicate Record. A record of this type with this name already exists. Please choose a different name and try again".. We checked all our mappings a...

Error 0x80ccc0f
This is becoming a real PIA! I can be using Outlook for hours or only minutes and get this error. When I shut the program down and re-start it, it again works for hrs or minutes. Nothing I do seems to make a difference one way or another. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks, Larry Outlook 2000 SP-3 Ver. 9.0.0.8954 Webmail Accounts Google Yahoo Mail Plus (default) OS Name Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional Version 5.0.2195 Service Pack 4 Build 2195. Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are you using a Linksys router? Linksys routers have a history of problems with ma...

Error 0x800CCC13 in Outlook
Hi, We have several clients using a variety of Outlook versions (2000/XP/2003). Our mailserver is Exchange 5.5 running on a NT4.0 server, all availbale patches applied. All of a sudden clients can't send messages, the get error 0x800CCC13. I've looked up in TechNet and removed IE and OE completely, rebooted and reinstalled IE and OE, because of KB312349. Without any improvement. The problem is gone when removing the MS Exchange Server from the accountlist. Sending and recieving using POP3/SMTP does work. When the Exchange Server is selected but the primary storage location is ...

Outlook2003 error
Hi all, I am getting an error message when i try to compus a new message...''The messaging interface has returned an unknown error...'' OS=W2K with SP4 Office2003 Please help me Thx in ADV. ...

CRM 4.0 "An error has occurred"
Hi: I did an upgrade from CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. First I upgrade Sql2000 to Sql2005 SP2 and then upgrade CRM. I have issue when create new case and tried to assign responsible contact. The application show “An error has occurred”. This form did have a customization in java to filter the contacts to show only the contacts for the account. I removed this customization for the form, but still have the error. I look for any Service Pack or Hot Fix but no found any. Any idea will be appreciated, Regards, -- Jose Valentin Rodriguez MCP-GP MCBMSS-GP Hi Jose, the problem is that you used a (very...

Got "file could not be accessed" error while opening an .xls file through IE
I was creating a text data file named ne.xls under public_html directory so that any user can use IE to access the file and view it as excel file. For some reason, I am getting the "file could not be accessed" error message if I access the file through Internet Explore (IE). And there is no error if I directly open up the file through excel program. I am sure the file is in the right directory, has read and write permission, has no special characters in the filename, the full path is less than 218 characters. And I am sure it has something to do with the data contents. ...

LDAP Error in Outlook 2003
I just upgraded to Office 2003, and now when I go to Outlook to try to send an email, I get an error that says "Can't contact LDAP server (81)". I can eventually send the email, but I get that message several times. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download Spam Inspector, the Award Winning Anti-Spam Filter http://mail.giantcompany.com You receive a "Can't contact LDAP Directory server (81)" error message when you open the Address Book in Outlook: http://support.microsoft.com/default.as...

Run-time error 3101 : Access is looking for a table that doesn't e
Error says: Run-time error '3101': The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find a record in the table 'Employee' with key matching field(s) 'Employee_ID'. A Google search showed that the 3101 error is a broken join, but the join in the combo box points to QryEmployee and OBR_Employees. This problem happens when I try and select an employee name from the combo box after I go to a new record. It doesn't happen any other time. Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here? ...

outlook error message #18
My outlook is locked, I cant send because I put too much in I THINK.... It has a window OUTLOOK SEND/RECIEVE PROGRESS then it says ERROR task 'Hot Mail-sending' reported error (Ox800ccc3e) the server does not support the required HTTP methods. The server responded "not implimented"...... Okay how do I get this to stop , I learned my lesson not to send too much at a time. Please help me Just a guess: check your SMTP server settings to be sure they match Hotmail's required settings (authentication, logon ID, SSL or whatever) "Kelly" <harley457@hotmail....

Error 553....rcpthosts...
I am receiving the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: After Upgrading to 5.0 Receive Fatal Error 0 Message on Build Sent: 10/24/2003 10:43 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'someoneh@somewhere.com' on 10/24/2003 10:43 AM 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) I have viewed some of the other posts and done what is recommended, such as authenticate outgoing messages with my username and password. This does not work. I have 3 di...

error when trying to alter table in transaction
Hello there I have table which hold SQL script for alter modules I'm tring to run it one by one in try_catch inside of transaction and i'm getting this error: The current transaction cannot be committed and cannot support operations that write to the log file. Roll back the transaction. why? ...

error (0xc0000135) when clicking in an E-mail
I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an E-mail. I have downloaded various .net files with no improvement. Bummer. Try reading the link in my signature and post back with accurate and helpful information. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Joe E Hogel asked: | I recveive error (0xc0000135) whenever I click on an object in an | E-mail. I have downloaded various ...