I have a form with a subform that is requeried when you select a new key for
the main form from a combo box.

Everything works fine - usually. But sometimes if you have the form open
when you close the database down you get the following error message (twice)
in a pop up. You say OK (twice) and the database closes OK

"2455 you entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the
property form/report"

If I close the form before the database I never get the error.

If I do not touch the form before you close the database I don't get the
error.
If I update a field by typing in the form and then close the database
without doing anything else, I don't get the error.

No matter what I do if I hold teh shift key down when I click to open the
database and bypass what used to be called the start up ooption I don't get
the error.

I only seem to get the error everytime  I've opened the database without the
shift key AND I choose a different record on the main form (via the combo box
which requeries the subform) and then close the database (if I close the form
first I don't get the error).

I can't tell exactly when the error because I can't put a breakpoint in that
will trigger the error - although it is a handled error - I can tell by the
format of theh message box. I've tried all the beofre update events on the
form (it actually has two subforms but the second one is not visible in all
this).

Any ideas of where to look?

Thanks
Lou

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

UPDATE:

After writing the above I thought I'd change the Access "start up options"
(Access Options|current database) one by one. I put the navigation bar back
opn and the error disapears.

This still leaves me with a problem though as I don't want teh navigation
bar!!!

Please help.

Lou

"Louverril" wrote:

> I have a form with a subform that is requeried when you select a new key for
> the main form from a combo box.
>
> Everything works fine - usually. But sometimes if you have the form open
> when you close the database down you get the following error message (twice)
> in a pop up. You say OK (twice) and the database closes OK
>
> "2455 you entered an expression that has an invalid reference to the
> property form/report"
>
> If I close the form before the database I never get the error.
>
> If I do not touch the form before you close the database I don't get the
> error.
> If I update a field by typing in the form and then close the database
> without doing anything else, I don't get the error.
>
> No matter what I do if I hold teh shift key down when I click to open the
> database and bypass what used to be called the start up ooption I don't get
> the error.
>
> I only seem to get the error everytime  I've opened the database without the
> shift key AND I choose a different record on the main form (via the combo box
> which requeries the subform) and then close the database (if I close the form
> first I don't get the error).
>
> I can't tell exactly when the error because I can't put a breakpoint in that
> will trigger the error - although it is a handled error - I can tell by the
> format of theh message box. I've tried all the beofre update events on the
> form (it actually has two subforms but the second one is not visible in all
> this).
>
> Any ideas of where to look?
>
> Thanks
> Lou

Reporting from Project Server

owa cant open ppt attachments

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Unable to delete empty database

projecting the notes pages in PPT 2007

Error 550 Relaying denied

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Document Viewer installer error

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Math Worksheet Database
I am interested in developing/acquiring an Access 2003 database to generate (K-5 grade) math worksheets where I can track student results. I would hope not to reinvent the wheel. Thank you for any assistance. ...

Error 130

Access to User Calendar

outlook 2007 e-mail

microsoft.public.access.conversion