enabling and desabling autofiler on protect sheet

Hi all,

how can i give the option in the VBA command to dynamicly enable or
desable autofilter on a row when the cells are protected for any
editing

0
thread
5/4/2007 7:59:01 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Lookup from a range on separate sheets
Hi, I am trying to look up values from the same fixed range (c50:E200) in 45 sheets and extract the values onto one sheet (same workbook) 3 columns at a time (ie first sheet B-D, second sheet E-G etc). I can't work out how to put the sheet name (or a reference to the sheet number) in a formula in the destination sheet - is it possible or do I have to use a macro? I can write the code for a macro, but as it is statistical process control limits which are added to each month, it means rerunning the macro every time Any help much appreciated! Paul Paul, In the sheet/cells that ...

Increasing # of rows in excel sheet
Hi all.. I usually import data from other programs such as SAP into excel and face the problem of excel running out of Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution possible to my problem. Thanks Rehan Hi no. 65536 rows is the maximum "Rehan" wrote: > Hi all.. > > I usually import data from other programs such as SAP > into excel and face the problem of excel running out of > Rows.. is there a way that I can increase the total > number of rows in my worksheet or any other solution > possibl...

mail enabling public folders
I would like to mail enable a public folder, It is my understanding that this is normally done through ESM : ...First Storage Group | Public folder store|Public Folders Right-click the folder and select tasks, the mail enable. Here's problem: when I right click, I just get 'help' and 'properties'. Do I need to turn something on to enable the 'tasks' option? BTW, I'm running Exchange 2003 Std in native mode. Thanks, Steve Hello, Yes, this can be done in ESM but in another location... Under the Administrative Group --> Folders --> Publi...

Embed Sheet
I am working on a sheet with approx 3000 entries, The first colum stores the company name, second stores customer number and so on. company can have many customer numbers which causes alot of compan name repitition in the first column. Is it possible to embed this shee into another one and use a combo box filled with all the company name to access the specific areas of the embedded sheet? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou, Johnny -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, I think this sounds do-able - first look at Chip Pearson's page: http://www.cpearson.c...

Enable send only account
I'd like to set one account to be able to send but not to receive. I've tried leaving the receive account blank but it won't let me do that. So I put in an invalid account and that works but I get error messages firom OE now amnd then Is there a better way? thanks Not for spamming purposes, I hope? Tools | Options | Servers. Munge the Incoming, (Pop3), info and see if that works without error messages. If no joy, create a message rule. Where the To line contains people. Delete it from server. Click on the blue Contains and enter the e-mail addres...

Autofill Text
I am trying to create a series of text sets, eg. aaa-aaz, aab-abz, but find that I cannot autofill unless the series contains numbers or dates. Can any one suggest a simple answer for this as I am not an experienced user of EXCEL. It seems that filling in each series individually is the answer but it's a lot from aaa to zzz. Would be greatful for any assistance. Cheers "Ryko" <sourcemusic@tsn.cc> wrote in message news:ADBE64DF-285A-4050-B88E-A98BFCD84CD4@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create a series of text sets, eg. aaa-aaz, aab-abz, but find that I cannot autofill...

copy data from one worksheet to identical sheet in different workbook
I want to essentially sync the data between 2 identical worksheets in different workbooks. Essentially, I want to import and replace data in the second sheet with data from the first, is there a simple way to do this without deleting the worksheet and then copying the new sheet into the workbook? Thanks You can right-click on your source-sheetname tab, the shortmenu will reflect Copy/MoveSheet.... Select it and make 2 other choices: 1) Check to Create Copy box at bottom 2) From dropdown box at top of screen select an existing open workbook or select new-workbook. OK HTH "a...

Protection Options, Do I need them all?
I have choices of All Shares/All Volumes/Hyper-V and System Protection If I use System Protection (Bare Metal/System State) do I need to backup the volume and shares? Yes, BMR is for the operating system only. It doesn't back up any user data. System State is the associated registry/Active Directory data. Daniel "TechAnalyst" wrote: > I have choices of All Shares/All Volumes/Hyper-V and System Protection > > If I use System Protection (Bare Metal/System State) do I need to backup the > volume and shares? is it better to use native ntbackup tha...

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

Enable Macro Message
How can you disable the message upon opening a file without setting the security to lowest? I do not want to give the user options to disable or enable the macro. Is that possible? Thanks. This is a user's security setting--not a developer's security setting. If you could change it, it wouldn't be of much use to the user, huh? Rook wrote: > > How can you disable the message upon opening a file without setting the > security to lowest? I do not want to give the user options to disable or > enable the macro. > > Is that possible? > > Thanks. -- Da...

Software Licensing and Copy Protection
Hi, I am a CrypKey Programmer, knowledgeable in implemting software copy protection and software licensing solutions. If you are looking for such a solution, then drop me an email. Regards, David crypkeyprogrammer@yahoo.com Could you please tell me some good web resource for learning this. Manish "CrypKey Programmer" <CrypKeyProgrammer@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:jAXEc.961632$oR5.129388@pd7tw3no... > Hi, > > I am a CrypKey Programmer, knowledgeable in implemting software copy > protection and software licensing solutions. > If you are looking for suc...

Excel spread sheet
Why random data is replaced with a number symbol. Date entered as 2/2/2010 but ######## shows up in the cell. iCould be a number of reasons: First try either widening the column or reducing the font size. Come back if that doesn't work "hondo" wrote: > Why random data is replaced with a number symbol. Date entered as 2/2/2010 > but ######## shows up in the cell. ...

Insert sheet, move to end, rename with cell data.
I've spent most of my day trying to ask VB to do this for me, but don't know how to communicate it correctly. I have column A in "List"(Sheet1) with 150 entries. I want to create 150 sheets with Sheet numbers of 2-151. However, I would like for the tabs to read what the appropiate cell in "List" says.... ie if +++ (column A) ___ Fun Not Fun Cool +++ was my column, I would like the first four tabs to read "List" (my original sheet), "Fun", "Not Fun", and "Cool". Then they would appear in Microsoft Visual Basic as Sheet1(List...

Excel 2k opens 2 sheets within same window
We have excel2k with sp3 on win2k pro with sp4. my problem is when i open 2 excel sheet both appear within the same window. if i have to switch between the 2 sheets i have to minimise 1 n maximise the next. what i need is to open both the excel sheets in 2 separate excel windows. how do i do this? please advice Hi, Tools>Options>View Under the "show" section, make sure that the "Windows in Taskbar" option is checked. This should solve your problem. It might be slightly different in Excel 2000, but the same options. Hope this helps Sunil Jayakumar "sp...

How to tell if a mailbox has an Autoforwarding rule enabled?
I was wondering if there is a way to centrally see if users have or not enable Autoforwarding rules on the mailbox. The idea is to avoid looping issues and autoforwarding to all users in the Org. And just want to know if i can report or search for an attribute somewhere that could tell me if autoforwarding is enabled or not. Thanks a lot in advance for your help! Martin H. ...

How to troubleshoot SharePoint recoveries in Data Protection Manag
There are some common issues we run into when troubleshooting SharePoint recoveries so we decided to post a video that covers how to diagnose common SharePoint DPM recoveries using the various logs that are available. The two areas of focus are insufficient space and incorrect templates related issues. The video covers using the MSDPMcurr.errlog, Traclogs, monitoring logs, and the event viewer for our troubleshooting. You can check it out here: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2010/02/03/troubleshooting-sharepoint-recoveries-for-dpm.aspx J.C. Hornbeck | Microsoft ...

How do I link cells, sheet to sheet, to recognize row deletions?
In Office XP - Excel - I want to copy a column from one sheet to another sheet in the same workbook. I want the copied links to recognize row deletions and insertions when I change the source sheet. When I use the Copy, Paste Special, Paste Links command, the linked sheet does not recognize a row deletion in the source sheet. Instead, the linked sheet displays a #Ref message in the cell related to the deleted row. One way to try .. Assume the source col to be linked is col A in Sheet1, A1 down In Sheet2 ------------- Put in any starting cell, say A1: =OFFSET(INDIRECT("Sheet1!A1&qu...

Merging Protected word documents.
I have 3 Protected word documents that I would like to have in 1 document. I cannot get them to keep their individual spacing ad margins when I import the documents. How can I do this? ...

Excel Data Protection Best Practice: AKA: Real Sheet Protection
Hello- Any advice for best practices for protecting data/methods/macros within Excel? Clearly, password protecting a sheet isn't the best security (free utilities to crack it). Scenario: - I need users to be able to access the workbook, but by no means, gain access to data within the certain sheets - I can hide the data by utilizing similar colored text and hiding the rows/columns - Once the password is created, it appears there are tons of free utilities that remove these passwords- Bummer. Question: - Any advice to help prevent the utilities from doing this?...

Comparing data in cells on 2 sheets
I am trying to find a way to compare values in a specific cell on 2 sheets, and if they are different values replace the value in the cell on sheet 1 with the value in the cell from sheet 2. MayJay To actually replace a value in a cell would require code as you could not use a function to replace a referenced value. What you could do is use an IF function in another columns which could then replace the old data, so if you are comparing say A1 on Sheet1 with A1 on Sheet2 you could use =IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,A1,Sheet2!A1) You could then copy this down Column A and anywhere where the data did ...

Hide Sheet
I want to hide a sheet in a workbook. The sheet should be visible only when I type a password. Is there a way to do this. Does this need to be done through VBA. Thanks in advance. Dipsy, You can protect the workbook. Tools - Protection - Protect Workbook. This will disallow adding, moving, deleting sheets also though. Or use this code: Sheets("Sheet2").Visible = xlVeryHidden A user won't be able to use Format - Sheets - Unhide. Only code can unhide it. This doesn't require that the workbook be protected. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period...

Copy and rename a sheet
Hi I'm trying to copy the active sheet via VBA and renaming it according to a cell value found in a master data sheet. The sheet that is copied is to be placed after the originalsheet (orgsh). I use the following code: Set orgSh = ActiveSheet Set newSh = ActiveSheet.Copy(After:=ActiveSheet) newSh.Name = "Week" & " " & Sheets("Stamdata").Range("A4").Value But I get an error referring to line 2. Can you help? Thank you Ticotion I use this code in some of my Workbooks. Sub Copy ActiveSheet.Copy After:=ActiveShee...

data migration of excel sheets to crm
hi, i am trying to migrate accounts and contacts from excel sheets to crm which is not getting dont. the migration exe file is run and log shows process completed , but the status of these file in the cdf migrate info table shows "not processed". i did import the data to cdf by dts succesfully though. please help. its urgent. "Yamini.P.S" <Yamini.P.S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9062EE2-BF71-4ED2-9710-813C577A5405@microsoft.com... > hi, > i am trying to migrate accounts and contacts from excel sheets to crm > which > is not &g...

Stat Sheet
Hello, I am looking for a Football Stat Sheet. I am trying to keep my son's stat for his football game.Could someone help me. I have looked everywhere on the net, but come up empty. I can be reached at pcottingham12@comcast.net. Thank you for your help and understanding. Paul ...

sheet protection
I have an excel workbook that has certain cells in sheet one protected. My users have found that if they copy sheet 1 to sheet two, they get all of the data, but the protection is no longer there. They then change things they shoudn't and it throws off the entire process. is there any way i can keep the protection when they copy to a new sheet or even when they insert a new sheet then copy to that one. I have written a macro that fires every time a new sheet is activeted, but I can't seem to get that to work either. Thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ If yo...