Emailing reports from Access 09-07-07

Hi, I have a scheduling database for audits and auditors. I need to be
able to email auditors their schedule each week, based on a query on
the audit table. How do I automate sending auditors their individual
reports by using one report? I can run the report which shows the
auditors with their respective audits on each page (1 page per
auditor), but to email it, I have to convert it to pdf (so they can't
change it) and insert each page of the report manually.

Thanks

0
rmorrison
9/7/2007 7:56:49 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

rmorrison@davislangdon.com.au wrote:

>Hi, I have a scheduling database for audits and auditors. I need to be
>able to email auditors their schedule each week, based on a query on
>the audit table. How do I automate sending auditors their individual
>reports by using one report? I can run the report which shows the
>auditors with their respective audits on each page (1 page per
>auditor), but to email it, I have to convert it to pdf (so they can't
>change it) and insert each page of the report manually.

For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to
generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as
attachments from Microsoft Access page at
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/reportsasattachments.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

help
I sent an email by mistake - is there a way to get it back via outlook's webmail client no, not really. Recall is pretty much useless, even if your version of OWA were to support it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exch...

Email address by unix IDs from LDAP
Outlook finds names by first and last name from LDAP directory, but not ny unix IDs. Any Suggestions? Thanks. .. ...

Pie chart in columnar report
I’ve created a columnar report – one record per page. It shows the values in the various columns of my table, which is linked from Excel. Columns R and S each contain a percentage; the two values for each record add up to 100%. I've added a pie chart to the report, but how do I get the chart on each record page to show the R and S values for that record adding up to 100%? (Access 2003) Many thanks for any suggestions. Dave9023 The chart control has Link Master/Child properties that filter the chart to a value or values in the report's record source. The chart contro...

Memo in Report causing blank pages/other issues
Hi, I have multiple headers in my access 2007 report. I have all of the contents of the DETAIL section set to Yes for Can Grow and Can Shrink. One of the fields in this section is a memo field- sometimes containing a lot of text. I've tried setting the Keep Together option to Yes for the DETAIL section. This causes the first page of my report to have all of the necessary headers, but no information. On the following page, all of the contents (including the memo) appear and accurately wrap to the next page when necessary. I've tried setting the Keep Together option to No...

Email reply is underlined
All the text in my reply emails are underlined. I use html and word as my editor. This just started recently and I don't know how to fix it. It doesn't happen when I compose new. Tools > options > mail format > font > when replying > choose font .. and uncheck underline "gkeeney" <gkeeney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C304B3-2A1B-4CDD-8107-61DB141BD0E2@microsoft.com... > All the text in my reply emails are underlined. I use html and word as my > editor. This just started recently and I don't know how to fix it. It doe...

Date and Time 11-30-07
User has a database probably created in Access 97. It was converted to Access 2000 and client has just been reimaged to XP, so she now has Access 2002. User had a field in various places of her database to insert Date and Time. Since getting XP, that shows as '#? Name' any place it is used. She has deleted the code and tried to reinsert Date and Time to no avail. I have Access 2002 and have no problem inserting the Date and Time. Can anyone offer us any advice? -- Brenda What code is she using and where? Is it in a control on a form? In a query? Where exactly. It sho...

outlook 2007 automation from Access
I have mulitple office versions installed (Access 97, 2000, 2003, Office 2003, Office 2007) Unitl recently automation to Outlook from Access worked (in Access 2003) However something (update, installation of visio, project 2003,...?????) created an issue. Any of my code trying to create the outlook object gives the following kind of error: "automation error, the specified module could not be found" The reference is set to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\MSOUTL.OLB", this file is still there? Is there any way to register this file again or to solve it otherwi...

Access/Excel/Word Challenge
Hi, I'm trying to decide the best approach to this problem and would appreciate any help: 1. I have a template for a report in Word that refers to fields in an Excel worksheet. 2. The Excel worksheet, however, is not set up to easily use in the Word template. Instead of one person with many fields (columns) I have the same name multiple times, with one column listing multiple pieces of information for each person, for example: First Last Cars Devices Jane Doe Altima Laptop Jane Doe Lexus Desktop J...

Auto email insertion and submission
Hello. I'm trying to set outlook to automatically insert a text file into an email and send it. I would need to do this once and outlook will be doing it on daily basis. Is that possible? can you help me ? ...

Draft Email Disappears : Outlook 2007
Using outlook 2007 sp2 on vista business sp2 I took half an hour to compose a complex email message Didn't send it because the recipients email is temp not working Several hours later I 'saved it' using the icon in the top rh corner Incidentally in tools/options/email preferences/the box for save unsent email is also ticked I then closed the email and was about to close outlook, cos I wanted a backup when I thought I'd check the drafts folder to ensure the email was saved in there It wasn't, where could it be? I looked in 'sent' but it wasn't there, I'm a...

CRM WorkFlow 07-23-04
Hi Friends... When I execute a rule of workflow that calls a posturl, and this page needs to validate the user to execute an action (create account), generates an error of authentication. What user uses the CRM to execute the services of Workflow? CRM->Workflows "use userlogin" I think that Workflow (Windows Service)->xx.ASPX use systemuser. Is it like that? Thanx in advance This workflow is executed by a user from the CRM. I send 2 xx.aspx with opportunity guid and account guid. >-----Original Message----- >Greg, >Is this workflow being initiated by code or...

weird report result
Hi everyone I've made a simple report but with just the objects on the footer section. 12 lines each one with 13 objects, like an anual report. So far so good. It shows me all the way i want. But i would like to add 8 lines more with another 13 objects per line. The weird thing is that, it adds my first page in blank. Completly in blank. Nothing. the 2nd page with the results and 3rd page also good. But there's a first page in blank. Never saw that. Can anyone hekp me please? Tks in advance Pedro Pedro wrote: >I've made a simple report but with just the objects...

Contacts Access
How does one just open the contacts, without having to load Live Mail first? Thx. -- Stephen Goodman http://www.vimeo.com/spgoodman http://www.myspace.com/spgoodman If you sign-in with a Live ID: http://contacts.live.com. If you don't sign-in, I'm not aware of a way to open contacts without opening Windows Live Mail. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Stephen Goodman" <earthlight2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message = news:eyqdJp9aKHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > ...

User ID & Email to tasks...
Hi, I'm new to v3... Can v3 do the following? 1) Delete user ID and transfer all related data to one or more user IDs. 2) Is there a way to set up so that certain incoming email will be assigned as task / ticket automatically? Thanks. -- Best Regards, Benson Yeung Triware Networld Systems You can open a users record in crm and then go to actions - reassign records. If you want to reassign a users records to multiple users then you are either going to have to work out a manual process or think about custom coding. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP h...

email address AutoCompleate on Win2k
Can any one help me getting the autocompleate for email address for outlook(office2000) on windows2k Thanks in advance Sai Autocomplete isn't available on Outlook 200. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza "Sai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2cc601c486ca$7b855d30$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Can any one help me getting the autocom...

user to access to Report Writer
Hi All can we grant other user other than sa and dynsa in gp to access into Report Writer? If yes, how can we grant other user for Report Writer? Million thanks for advice. regards, kat The report writer is in the Tools Group in security. How you grant access depends on the version (10 or before with Standard or Advanced). But in which ever security model, look for Tools, the report writer is under that. Access is generally granted just like access to any other window. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsle...

Events template
Hi After experimenting with Access for a few weeks, etc I am now using the Events template to create a database of events... but things are not working as I expected. Here is what I have done so far: I added fields to the Events Table (in Supporting Objects) - things like "Date of Event" "Catering Option" and a few others - text boxes/ check boxes. I used the Event Details form (in Events) to add the events we currently have booked. This filled in the Events Table - but not the Events List (in Events) which I assumed was fed from the table. I then adde...

Error Msg: "Server Error in /Reports Application"
New install of CRM 3.0 on 2003 Server. SQL 2005 also on same box. browsing to "http://localhost/reports" shows error message noted in subject line. Title box is "Parser Error" and the content says 'Could not load type MicrosoftReportingServices.UI.GlobalApp' I tried logging in as local admin and domain admin - same error. Using Sql Server Management Studio - logging into "Database Engine" is OK, but receive following error when logging into "Report Services": "Unable to connect to remote server (System)" "No connection could b...

Error on CRM, SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services configuration doc
The file: "Additional Setup Tasks When Microsoft SQL Reporting Services Is Installed on a Separate Server from Microsoft CRM 3.0 or Microsoft SQL Server" contains an error that may result in confusion. On page 2-3, Configuration 2 (Figure 3) shows CRM and Reporting Services on a single server and SQL on a different server. Configuration 3 (Figure 4) shows Reporting Services on one server and CRM installed with SQL on the other server. On Page 4, the Configuration descriptions shown in the summary table are reversed. That is, Configuration 2 shows Server 1 with Reporting Ser...

Out of Office Assistant
I have added a rule in the Out of Office Assistant to forward emails that are to and cc. Is there a way to include messages that are bcc as well? Thanks, Alison If you set it to forward *all* mails, that would take care of all 3 cases. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Alison" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:395d01c47ef6$4a54c2e0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have added a rule in the Out of Offic...

Group email #2
Hello, I would like to send the same email to a group I created. The only problem is everyone in the group gets everyone elses email addresses. How do you send without giving the whole group's email addresses? This is not for spam, just my wife's mailing list. Send it to yourself with a bcc to the group. -- Carlos "chas638" <chas638@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4522D71E-934D-4C88-83E6-4CF8C1CC1E75@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I would like to send the same email to a group I created. The only problem > is everyone in the group gets ever...

vba error after moving access db
I have this code: Private Sub List49_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) Dim stDocName As String Dim stLinkCriteria As String stDocName = "ActiveEEList" stLinkCriteria = "[EmpID]=" & Me![List49].Column(1) DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria End Sub It was working fine until I moved the access db from one path to another...I had it in MY Docs folder then moved (copied) it to a network drive. When I run if from the old version it works fine, but now from the new location I get Run Time Error 3075, Syntax Error (missing operator) in query expression [EmplID]...

moving email messages to a storage file
I moved about half the messages from my inbox to another folder and moved it out of the Outlook directories altogether. Now I find that Outlook will not read it while it sits in any other directory. When I try to transfer it back (by copying the file back into the same directory with all the other .dbx files that Outlook DOES read), the Outlook program doesn't seem to recognize its presence. What do I do when I want to look at those messages again? How can I read them with Outlook? You've mentioned .dbx files - Outlook doesn't use those; it uses PST files. Outlook Express ...

drop down list 11-24-09
Hi How can I create a drop down list which is on a separate worksheet but in the same file? The name of the worksheet is Idaunits. And I want the drop down list on a separate worksheet named WCU Sept. Thanks 1I1A 1I1B 1I2 1I3 1I4 1I4A 1I4B 1I5 1I6 1I96 1I97 1I98 1L20 1L40 1L50 1Z2 1Z3 2I1 2I1A 2I1B 2I2 2I3 2I3B 2I4 2I4A 2I4B 2I5 2I6 2I96 2I97 2I98 2L20 2L40 2L50 2Z2 2Z3 Goto Insert - Name - Define. Select your range of cells with your list, and give it a name (MyRange). Click Add, Ok out. On your other worksheet, goto Data - Validation - Lis...

Importing email from Gmail to outlook 2007
I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i stated using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new and not the old email which were already there in my Gmail account please help me out with this. "Manish Rathod" <Manish Rathod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71B136DC-B04C-4872-B572-523B8ABC5E6D@microsoft.com... >I was previously using my gmail going through the web mail but then i >stated > using Microsoft Outlook 2007 now then i only received mail which were new > and > not the old email...