Emailing from Access 01-14-08

Good Day Group,

I have an access database on WindowsXP that  creates an HTML attachment  and
addresses it from data from the database and sents it automatically to the
mail agent (Outllook) to send it through.  Using the same access database on
Vista and Windows Mail , I get an error preventing this feature.

Does the community have any recommendation on how to fix this problem for me?
--
Oly
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Try the following code which should work for Outlook:

http://www.datastrat.com/Code/OutlookEmail.txt

If it doesn't, you problem is with permissions, not the code, and you'll
need to deal with UAC and email permissions.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Oly" <Oly_Olaes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Good Day Group,
>
> I have an access database on WindowsXP that  creates an HTML attachment
> and
> addresses it from data from the database and sents it automatically to the
> mail agent (Outllook) to send it through.  Using the same access database
> on
> Vista and Windows Mail , I get an error preventing this feature.
>
> Does the community have any recommendation on how to fix this problem for
> me?
> --
> Oly

0
Arvin
1/14/2008 3:47:51 PM
Thank you Mr. Meyer for your reply.
I have not tested it,  but I will and I'll post my results.  But, before I
do  test, do you think this would work with Windows Mail?  Do you think I
could modify the code for Windows Mail?

Thnaks again.
--
Oly

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Try the following code which should work for Outlook:
>
> http://www.datastrat.com/Code/OutlookEmail.txt
>
> If it doesn't, you problem is with permissions, not the code, and you'll
> need to deal with UAC and email permissions.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> "Oly" <Oly_Olaes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Good Day Group,
> >
> > I have an access database on WindowsXP that  creates an HTML attachment
> > and
> > addresses it from data from the database and sents it automatically to the
> > mail agent (Outllook) to send it through.  Using the same access database
> > on
> > Vista and Windows Mail , I get an error preventing this feature.
> >
> > Does the community have any recommendation on how to fix this problem for
> > me?
> > --
> > Oly

I doubt that it will work for Windows Mail. It is an Outlook solution.
SendObject is the only thing which will work with Windows Mail. You can also
use SMTP without an interface.
--

> Thank you Mr. Meyer for your reply.
> I have not tested it,  but I will and I'll post my results.  But, before I
> do  test, do you think this would work with Windows Mail?  Do you think I
> could modify the code for Windows Mail?
>
> Thnaks again.
> --
> Oly
>

> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Try the following code which should work for Outlook:
>>
>> http://www.datastrat.com/Code/OutlookEmail.txt
>>
>> If it doesn't, you problem is with permissions, not the code, and you'll
>> need to deal with UAC and email permissions.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> "Oly" <Oly_Olaes@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> > Good Day Group,
>> >
>> > I have an access database on WindowsXP that  creates an HTML attachment
>> > and
>> > addresses it from data from the database and sents it automatically to
>> > the
>> > mail agent (Outllook) to send it through.  Using the same access
>> > database
>> > on
>> > Vista and Windows Mail , I get an error preventing this feature.
>> >
>> > Does the community have any recommendation on how to fix this problem
>> > for
>> > me?
>> > --
>> > Oly

0
Arvin
1/15/2008 3:06:18 AM
Oly <Oly_Olaes@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have an access database on WindowsXP that  creates an HTML attachment  and
>addresses it from data from the database and sents it automatically to the
>mail agent (Outllook) to send it through.  Using the same access database on
>Vista and Windows Mail , I get an error preventing this feature.

What is the exact error message?

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.

Problems with creating a newsletter

open two different Access reports

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Sending Email #6

compact database in VBA access 2007

LDAP Write access?

MS Access 2007 code not running

CRM Email Displays Size=2>

Email cannot be resolved...

Recurring email #2

Can't use openURL or access internet on some locations
I have previously raised a question where openUrl threw an exception in a specific office location. However the problem I have now is that the application just freeze when I call openURL. It seems as it is waiting for something. This only happens at one company so far the company does have a proxy but so do I at work and I have no problems. I have also tried the Microsoft TEAR sample and it behaves the exact same way, it says "Opening internet...Connection made" and then it just stops. If I run it on my computer it gets the webpage and everything finishes ok. I have tried to set t...

Inbox Icons not changing when email forwarded or replied to
This may seem like an insignicant issue, but when you have hundreds of emails in your inbox, it is extremely important to know which ones you have forwarded and which ones you have replied to. Unfortunately, my inbox icons do not change when I reply to a message or forward a message. They also remain as the "Read Message" icon. I have searched the Knowledge Base, but I have been unable to find an answer to this seemingly simple issue. I am using Outlook 2000. Appreciate any assistance, James ...