Email reports in 2007

access 2007  on WinXP
After reading through numerous posts in this forum, I settled on what
appeared to be the closest solution to my issue. The code below is included
as the action to perform from a switchboard command button-- it is one
continous line.

DoCmd.SendObject acReport,"rpt ConfirmationLetter4testing*",
acFormatRTF,"ContactNumber",,,"test confirmation",,True

Upon executing I immediately get a "error executing command" error message.

I have a working report named rpt ConfirmationLetter4testing which is based
on a query named "qry ConfirmationLetter". Qry Confirmation Letter includes a
field named ContactNumber which currently holds the email address to which I
want each individual report emailed to.

The Query initatiates a dolog box to get begining and ending date criteria
for the report data. Ideally I hope to generate this confiramtion letter
report directly to the email address contained in the query results.

Pointers on where I am missing the boat will be greatly appreciated. My VBA
skills are very minimal, but am willing to learn.

I tried to follow suggetsion from a previous poster and view Access Help for
SendObject method, but could only find SendObject MAcro help.

Thanks for your time and assistance
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

JR Hester,

I do not belive what you want to do can be done with SendObject...  Have a
look at...

Code to sent Multiple eMails:
http://www.datastrat.com/Code/MultipleEmail.txt

Download sample database EmalSenate2K (PLEASE do not send eMail from this
database to the eMails shown.  This is for demonstration purposes only!):
http://www.datastrat.com/DataStrat2.html

--
Gina Whipp
2010 Microsoft MVP (Access)

II

"JR Hester" <JRHester@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
[...]

0
Gina

Not receiving email
I am not able to receive emails from many people - many only 15% are coming through based on phone calls. I removed all restrictions. I also am getting very little junk email. This has been going on for 13 days. The only thing (that I know of) that I did was change the password for the Outgoing Server as we were asked to changed this password. I am using Outlook 2007. Hattie Braun wrote: > I am not able to receive emails from many people - many only 15% are coming > through based on phone calls. I removed all restrictions. I also am getting > very little junk ...

Office 2007
My girlfriend wants me to add German to my English installation of Office 2007 on Win XP SP3 Do I have to buy a Language Pack to make this work? (It seems as though for the 2010 version, you can just download Language packs, but for 2007, you need to buy the separate languages; do I have this right? Can we use it separately, in different languages, seamlessly? Thanks -- TrickTrash "TrickTrash" <tricktrashnoemail.com> wrote in message news:Ogmg0RFSLHA.796@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My girlfriend wants me to add German to my English installation o...

no sound when receiving email
All of a sudden, I don't get a sound when I receive email. I checked to make sure the sound was still set and is on. And it is. Can anyone help me? Thank you. Tools | Options | General. Is "Play sound......" checked? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "TexasSmile" <TexasSmile@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:52C59B92-30B1-41EC-9347-3B51B5DEF702@microsoft.com... > All of a sudden, I don't get a sound when I receive email. I checked to > make > sure the sound was still set...

Getting email addresses.
Hi, I have a customer who wants to get a list of all the email addresses that are passed through his exchange server, both inbound and outbound. They are using the tracking centre so I was wondering if there was a way of getting the info out of here. Has anyone done this or is it even possible? Is there a better way? Please let me know, Thanks, Chris This information is stored in message tracking logs and in SMTP logs, if logging is enabled. I think your favorite spreadsheet app will help yo with extraction. Logs can be found in \\servername\servername.log. Chris Gradden wrote...

Smartist report for security
Hi Gang - GP 10 has a standard security report: administrator/reports/security/security task setup my boss wants this report in smartlist - any suggestions? We do have smartlist builder but I cant find the correct tables. Michael, I think you can make use of this script to create a view in SQL and then call it in smartlist builder that might help you to customize the security report in smartlist. This script is provided by Victoria on her blog, link below http://victoriayudin.com/2009/03/20/sql-view-with-security-resource-details-for-dynamics-gp-10/ -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP h...

How do you open PDF files with Word 2007?
I must figure out how to open PDF files in Word 2007. I am taking on line classes and work is shared in PDF format. I have a new Dell Inspiron laptop that came loaded with Windows 7. I have had it a week and need help. I tried to download the Microsoft PDF add on, but it did not work. I can only read code when I open incoming PDF files. The default program is listed as Word. What am I doing wrong? You don't. You need a PDF reader, the most common being Adobe Acrobat Reader which you can download for free. It is huge and has some clever tools, but if you only want to read th...

Emails sent to public folders not received
Our Exchange 5.5 site was migrated to Exchange 2003 Following the decomissioning of the Exchange 5.5 server, emails sent from external addressed to the mail enabled public folders were not being recieved. The senders were not recieving a bound back or NDR Emails from internal addresses were recieved. This was resolved by giving the anonymous account contribute permissions to the public folders. Question: What happened to the emails that were sent to the public folders before the permissions were changed? There was no NDR. Note: there is a mailsweeper in place Are the emails located on the ...

windows 2007 power point
I have to send my power point presentation to a school and I want to be able to have the link for the file to be able to open and start playing immediately with the presentation without them having to go to power point and hit slide show etc. How do I do that? "Susanne" <Susanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A19FA37A-4199-4E8F-BE7D-993F61647352@microsoft.com... > I have to send my power point presentation to a school and I want to be > able > to have the link for the file to be able to open and start playing > immediately wit...

Email Track in CRM button missing sporadically
I have a customer that on one pc, sometimes when he creates an email in Outlook, the Track in CRM button does not show up on the email form. Later, when he creates another email, the button might be there or might not. Has anyone else seen this or have any suggestions on what might cause this problem? We have uninstalled and reinstalled the Outlook client as well as the update rollup 2. Thanks, -Rick M. ...

Migrating Autotext from 2003-2007 in Outlook
Hi, I'm trying to get the 400 or so Autotext entries my boss uses from the Normal11.dot into NormalEmail.dotm (At least I think that's what I'm trying to do!) - The problem is that although the auto-text works OK in Word 2007 - it does not work in the cut-down version of word that Outlook 2007 now uses. The only way I've found to do this is going through and INDIVIDUALLY clicking each entry in Building Block Organizer and changing the Save- In location to NormalEmail.dotm - this would take hours and hours and hours since there are about 400 autotext entries. Any deirections ...

Reporting services available for use with access?
I am building a DB in access for my project managers, some will be using just access. Is it possible that report builder can be used in Access? In some way? ...

email insertion
I have a Publisher file, saved as a PDF file. I don't want to\ simply attach the file but embed directly in the email. Any suggestions? If you search for this subject in this newsgroup, I think you will find that email embedding generally is discouraged, as many recipients have turned off the ability to receive HTML messages (because of the possibility of a virus also being embedded). Best bet seems to be an attachment. Bruce "Brizee" wrote: > I have a Publisher file, saved as a PDF file. I don't want to\ > simply attach the file but embed directly in the email....

Sending Bulk Email to Customers
We have a 8000+ list of customers that we send out a newsletter to on a monthly basis. Is there a best practices to follow when sending that amount of data from our Exchange 2003 server? The email is about 200k in size and if we don't have to cut it down any further we would like to keep it. Our main goal is to conserve bandwidth as much as possible and also manage the NDR's so that we can update our contact list. We will consider 3rd party packages as well. Thanks all! --Adam On 15 Jan 2007 11:08:48 -0800, eckerle@gmail.com wrote: >We have a 8000+ list of customers that we...

Publisher 2007 toolbar icons
How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized on) the toolbar? I did it in Pub2003 but don't know & can't find how! let alone know if it's available in 07. Thanks. bj Right-click the icon while the customize menu is open, there are options. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "bjm" <bjones44@verizon.net> wrote in message news:uLQcewbyJHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > How can I change the icon for one of the commands I've added to (customized > on) the toolbar? > > I did it in Pub2003 but don't k...

Signing outlook email
Through empirical tests we find that Outlook is unable to use an email signing certificate to sign email. What it takes is a cert that includes email encryption or an additional cert for email encryption. This seems to be a failure of Outlook and I would like either to confirm this or learn that others are not having this issue. It's certainly possible that we have some configuration problem. The error we receive from Outlook is that the cert is invalid. With a cert that is for both signing and encryption, I can send email with Outlook with only signing or with only encryption o...

Problem generating email address
I have Exchange2003 and Win2003 AD with about 20 child domains running. Now I am experiencing some problem. For one child domain, RUS runs fine and I actually manually did update on RUS. The child domain is located in different geograpgic place and working fine. One word, I don't see any system issue. I created a few new users' email a week ago, by going through the "Exchange Task" process. However, none of their email address is generated. I rebooted email server and child DC. Still the email address is not generated. Any help? Thanks Rick The email addresses a...

Help on tracking email
Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward to my local account. So what is wrong with it? Any ideas? Thanks, Cindy You can Forward emails/activities from within CRM. It may be possible someone is forwarding these to you. "Cindy" wrote: > Hi, When recieved emails with track token from outside, I always got another > email with the subject : FW:.... I could not find a rule to ask it to forward > to my local account. So what is wrong with it? > Any ideas...

Checking work email from home
Is there a website that you can log onto to check your work email from home? And if so what is the web address? Depends on what your work email is. Ask your admins there, first. If you have exchange server in the office & don't use PST files, you may be able to use Outlook Web Access if they've installed it/allowed access to it. If you use POP mail, you might be able to use www.mail2web.com - just to see non-downloaded mail in your inbox. stacey90210 wrote: > Is there a website that you can log onto to check your > work email from home? And if so what is the web address?...

Excell 2007 Dates and combining 2 cells
I have created a date in Excel with the format of 03/01/01 in the form of mm/dd/yy Sometimes it will display the date in the cell and sometimes it will display a 5 digit number. Also, even if it displays correctly in a cell when combining 2 cells (1 cell being the word date- and the other cell being the date as 03/01/01in the form of mm/dd/yy The combination will be the date and a six digit number. Example Date-16425. What do I need to do in these situations to that it will display the date correctly in one cell( 03/03/01) and display the date correctly in combined cells (Date- 03/...

Reports created in Access 2003
When we upgraded to 2007 all the reports that had been created in 2003 were no longer on the toolbar at the top of the screen and I can't find them anywhere. Help. ...

How do I split a message with an attachment across multiple email.
I want to split a large email across multiple emails because the receiver's email size is only 2MB per email. How do you do this in Outlook 2003 on Windows 2000 Professional please? Thank you. You can't in Outlook. You'll need to split it in advance by using a compression tool like WinZip or WinRAR. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "School-Query" <School-Query@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8FA0D23-F...

Corporate Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2
Currently: Office 2003 SP3 applications on XP 2002 SP2 Upgrade to Office 2007 SP2 suite We are planning a corporate upgrade from 2003 apps to 2007 suite for 100,000+ users globally. My question is what are the known issues with this upgrade, whether they are server issues, application issues, functionality issues, etc. I have cross-posted this to the usual applications as well as windows.upgrade and office.misc so I can capture all users of these applications as well as the network people. I am aware of the usual new 2007 user interface issues but are there any problems we can head off at...

Images in email signatures .... again!
Using Windows 7 / Windows Live. I can create .html file containing text and images (logo) exactly as I want it to appear as email signature, yet when tagging it as "signature" from Tools/Options/Signatures tab, the text has now got double line returns and the images have red crosses. Looked at the forums and tried a few things but nothing seems to solve it. Please help - bit annoying having to insert jpgs and reformat the prose..... My guess is that you used Word to compose the html. Post the code. X out any personal info. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "plumb...

Duplicate Email #6
I use two computers at work. Both are setup to check my various POP accounts. I am trying to understand how I could transfer all the email (received and sent) from one machine to the other. My main concern is to not lose any emails and duplicates. I'm trying not to have a bunch of duplicates. Any ideas? TIA Steve Hello Steve, The best is, to get a free email account at gmx or better another account of your own company domain, and configurate a new user and after this you make a rule that all emails going as copy to this new User (email) I think thats it "Steve" <someo...

eMail Attachments over 5 MB
Hello, is there in MS CRM 3.0 a limit for eMail attachments? I had problems with attachments over 5 MB. Can I change it? greetings, Stefan Stefan, 5MB is the limitation. Regards, Kamala Hello, thanks for the early response. can I change this somehow??? greetings, Stefan "kamalabr@gmail.com" wrote: > Stefan, > > 5MB is the limitation. > > Regards, > Kamala > > There's a 5 MB attachment limitation which can be changed from the registry. On the Server HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM\maxuploadfilesize On the Client HKEY_CURRENT...