Email from access 11-25-09

Can anyone point me in the right direction for sending emails from an
access database.  I would like the user to be able to click on a button
and have an email sent to an address stored in the table with an
attachment created by the access form.  (ex. attach an excel sheet to
the email).  Doing a google search I've only been able to find examples
of linking access with outlook, which i do not use.

Thanks

Glenn
0
Jedireg
11/25/2009 1:56:15 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

There are various solutions depending on your needs.  Take a look at the
..SendObject Method or if you wish to automate Outlook then take a look at
http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000013#OutlookAuto
--
Hope this helps,

Daniel Pineault
http://www.cardaconsultants.com/

Daniel Pineault wrote:
> There are various solutions depending on your needs.  Take a look at the
> .SendObject Method or if you wish to automate Outlook then take a look at
> http://www.devhut.net/index.php?lang=en&pid=0000000013#OutlookAuto

I'll check out the .SendObject and see where that gets me as outlook it
not an option, we are forced to use lotus notes...  :-(
0
Jedireg
11/25/2009 5:56:45 PM
Check out the information on the SendObject method in the Help file - it
should work if your E-mail application uses MAPI, as sted in the help.
However, I doubt it will work if you are using a Web-based mail application
(Hotmail, Gmail, etc.)

John

--
John Goddard
Ottawa, ON Canada

J_Goddard
11/25/2009 6:39:46 PM
Lotus is fine, if you wish to automate it, take a look at:
http://www.fabalou.com/VBandVBA/lotusnotesmail.asp
--

Jedireg <darkjedireg@gmail.com> wrote:

>I'll check out the .SendObject and see where that gets me as outlook it
>not an option,

SendObject's twenty limitations
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/sendobject.htm

>we are forced to use lotus notes...  :-(

Microsoft Access Email FAQ - Lotus Notes
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email/lotusnotes.htm

Microsoft Access Email FAQ
http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/email.htm

Tony
--
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
For a free, convenient utility to keep your users FEs and other files

Sending a Publisher 2003 Newsletter in an email.
I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've tried to save it as a picture and insert it into Word and then put it in my email but it looses quality. I've tried to save it as a web publication but it won't keep the pictures I have in my newsletter. Any help or suggestions would be great. K.V.O. wrote: > I'd like to send a newsletter I created using publisher in an email. > I've tried a few different ways to do it but I'm not satisfied. I've > ...

email or phonecall in a calander?
Hi, I am new to CRM and wonder if email or phone call activity is updated into the calander as well as appointment. Thank you, Sunny The only way to do this is to use one of our ADD-Ons. The GroupCalendar for MSCRM 1.2 is an Add-On that allows you to see all activities in the GroupCalendar. Also you can look into the Calendar of other users if you have the security privileges. If you want to see all further functionallity go to www.mscrm-addons.com and download a trial version. -- -- Christian support@mscrm-addons.com www.mscrm-addons.com Your company for MS-CRM ADD-ONS! GroupCa...

Is there a way I can only print the reply instead of the entire email message
I wonder if there is a way I can only print the reply to an email message, instead of printing the entire message? My choice for selection only seem to be gone with Outlook 2003 printing options. Any help is appreciated.............Peter ...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Activity views 09-26-05
Folks When viewing the activities on an account or quote, there appears to be no obvious way to include the date of the activity in the view so it is difficult to determine when the activity was done - resulting in us having to open each and every activity to find the relevant one - and this is time consuming. Any ideas? Regards Gavin The current release of Microsoft CRM does not allow you to customize the activity views at least in a supported fashion. If you scan the archives of this group at groups.google.com for activity view you will find some unsupported methods. Microsoft CR...

from access 97 to 2003
I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - 1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this might be basic but i am only a student and learning. Please copuld ye help. What does this mean???????? "Eoin" <jtleb@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 >to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this >done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - >1611: Could not find...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

outlook email #16
I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted looking for the emails. darius On Sun, 5 Mar 2006 23:17:52 -0800, darius <darius@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using hotmail as my default email at home and using others for >work. I would lide to receive all my emails at Outlood to reduce time wasted >looking for the emails. > Get a paid Hotmail account and Outlook can be used to access the account. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Not sending emails to groups
Hi, I am having a problem with my new laptop. I have several groups with several diff. emails for different people in diff. cities around the world. Whenever I want to send a email message to -- let's say -- people in NYC, if it is under a certain number of people the message is sent ok, but if it is let's say 40 people, it will be hanging in my outbox and it's NOT sent. I think Microsoft might have added some type of security feature that would unable viruses to send the same email message to my whole list. I might be wrong, but that's the only conclusion I could come u...

Exch 5.5 SP4
Hi One of my user sent an email to the client yesterday, Since then this user has been receiving return receipt every two minutes. Client has been also receiving the email in every 3 minutes. I have rebooted my server, Recreated the email address. Rest the IMS queue. Following is the email which my user are receving. Can any one please help. Thanks in advance -----Original Message----- From: Mail Delivery Subsystem [mailto:MAILER-DAEMON@nl.sbc.com] Sent: Saturday, February 03, 2007 11:01 AM To: Valerie@.com Subject: Return receipt The original message was received at Sat, 3 Feb 2007 ...

Email addresses in a comma-delimited (CSV) file
I am trying to create a csv from another application to be imported into Excel. One of the columns will contain email addresses. Is there a way that I can format the data in the column to have the addresses be 'links' when brought into Excel. First, hyperlinks are not just formatting. The Insert|hyperlink style of hyperlinks are objects in excel. Second, CSV files are plain old text. They don't hold these kinds of objects. (And they also don't contain any formatting properties, either.) But third, you may be able to cheat a bit. Can you go back to the othe...

Outlook replication changes valid email to lastname firstname
CRM 4.0, Outlook 2007, CRM Outlook Online Client with latest Rollup. When some users are sync contact information between Outlook and CRM, sync changes email address firstname.lastname@company.com in CRM to format lastname firstname. Not happen to all users. One reason can be there are also mobile sync between Outlook (Exchange) and mobile phone. But this is also used by many users and only some have problems. It is look like email is populated with Outlook display value, not the real email. Any ideas what setting (and where) is not right? Jukka Majander ...

Exchange 2003 / Outlook XP How to lock down email format / colour and disable signatures
My boss wants a uniform email look for everyone throughout the organisation, as users are using bizarre colours for email backgrounds, unusual fonts, and their own personal signatures. To create a standard signature for users using information from AD, I believe there are 2 ways: either create an event sink using a VB script (I dont know how to do do this, so I won't be trying); or use a third party application like Exclaimer (BTW is there a good alternative to this - I have a quote for this but it is pretty damn expensive for what it does). To prevent users from using their own signatur...

Search box within access or third party addon to do such?
I have an access database with 6 columns. I am putting in an inventory of all of my items with their corresponding sizes and weights, etc. I will have over 2000 lines/records when I am done. What I want to do, is either create something withing Access, or find a third party add0on, that will allow me to search within the fields, and return the corresponding results here is what I have for example category style size width weight notes sample 1abc 5 2.2 2.1 sample 1add 3 2.5 2.1 for turning stock 3bbb 3 ...

External smtp email to public folder shown as post, not shown as email
Hi there, Exch2003 FE & BE servers, both running on w2k3 server, BE server also a DC & GC server. Now config public folder at BE, mail enabled it. For internal users, if sent email to public folder, it shown up as email. For external parties, if sent email to public folder, it shown up as post. Wondering how to tweak public folder so that external emails will shown as email instead of post? Many thanks! Try looking at the following KB: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817809 Martin Moustgaard "Zac" <zacfang@hotmail.com> skrev i en meddelelse news:Og20iL...

I want to open archived email attachments
I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses as these are emails I know the source for. Please help. "Scott" <bobbb.bbbbb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185979486.758557.219240@z24g2000prh.googlegroups.com... >I don't want to save to disk first. There is no danger from viruses > as these are emails I know the source for. > Please help. > > And that attitude is EXACTLY how viruses get spread. How do you know 110% that the scource is NOT infected? "Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message n...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

Am I able to manage multiple email accounts
I have several email accounts including Gmail, HOtmail and corporate. I can't make Entourage mail (2004) list individual accounts or find how to manage profiles. Apple mail works but doesn't allow me to insert a tiff company logo without making it an attachment. Outlook allows for all of the above.<br> Appreciate help > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3285235088_9822952 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 2/7/08 1...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

new to making forms on access
Ok I have a table whihc has column name title and some survey question. Now i want to create a form so that when i select Name ( I guess this will be combo box) I dont know how to do that even where i can select name ? but when i select name the person title auto populates and so does the relevant answers to the questions for example i choose John and the title should auto populate and question 1 should populate also and so on but if i pick adam then everything related to adam populates. Your help will be really appreciated The table look like this Name Title Qu...

i have problem with password to email server
i just got on the sight. How do i go about finding out the password to outlook express to the email server. I have to set up a internal email system. and everytime i get to log on outlook express it pops up with a window to enter a user and password. but i dont know it. How do i get my password back. can i get in touch with isp and get it. ...

Access / System crashed while generating report
Hi, I'm on XP PRO w SP3 running Access 2003 via Office XP Pro. I was creating a report using the report wizard and Access and XP Pro hung up. I waited 5 minutes and the system was still hung up. I then manually powered down the computer. When I get back into my Access project, I immediately receive the error message "The report name 'Report1' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a report that does not exist. If the invalide report name is a macro, an Action Failed dialog box will display the macro's arguments ...

Import Adobe Form into Access for Report
I am trying to import a PDF into Access to use as a report and populate the fields with a query I have created. I can not find any help in getting this to work. Can someone help me? -- Terry Foster Tax Trilogy ...

I'm sending 2 (duplicate) emails each time I send emai
I'm using Office 2007, Outlook and, each time I send an email.. the receiver gets two copies.... any thoughts? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus scanner and try again; you'd still be sufficiently protected by your on-access scanner part of the virus scanner. For more details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/20 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:/...

Outlook 97 #11
Is there much difference in Outlook XP than 97? Please explain. Outlook 97 is very old and in today's world is basically insecure. Other than that, they provide the same basic functionality with Outlook XP being a different interface to some extent. Look at Microsoft's web site or glance at a book about Outlook XP to see for yourself. See http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/category.aspx?CategoryID=CH010422611033&CTT=98 Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms Benicia Rodriguez wrote: > Is there much difference in Outlook XP than 97? Please explain. > &...