Edit List Item in Access 2007

I have been adding the new values into item list for the past few days, but
when I continue to do so today, all the values are keyed into the list but
not able to save in the list after clicking 'OK'. Any reason for this sudden
change?

Appreciate your kind response...

Thanks & regards,
Lawrence
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Just an idea

When you say
> I have been adding the new values into item list for the past few days
this sounds like you should not be using a list - are you adding zillions on
items??.
You could change it to a form/datasheet view and add controls to select items.
Or add the items to a table and use a query filtered list.

--
Wayne
Manchester, England.

"Lawrence" wrote:

> I have been adding the new values into item list for the past few days, but
> when I continue to do so today, all the values are keyed into the list but
> not able to save in the list after clicking 'OK'. Any reason for this sudden
> change?
>
> Appreciate your kind response...
>
> Thanks & regards,
> Lawrence
Thanks Wayne. I add & edit items in form/datasheet view too. I found that I
still can continue to add/edit other fields, except this particular field
named "Location". I had compared their data tabs in properties sheet but
seems the same. Any idea if I should change any settings? Pls help to comment.

Regards,
Lawrence

"Wayne-I-M" wrote:

> Just an idea
>
> When you say
> > I have been adding the new values into item list for the past few days
> this sounds like you should not be using a list - are you adding zillions on
> items??.
> You could change it to a form/datasheet view and add controls to select items.
> Or add the items to a table and use a query filtered list.
>

> --
> Wayne
> Manchester, England.
>

> "Lawrence" wrote:
>
> > I have been adding the new values into item list for the past few days, but
> > when I continue to do so today, all the values are keyed into the list but
> > not able to save in the list after clicking 'OK'. Any reason for this sudden
> > change?
> >
> > Appreciate your kind response...
> >
> > Thanks & regards,
> > Lawrence

Edit cell by using mouse
How do I restore the function of Edit cell by using mouse - right click? Try double-click with left mouse button instead. Michelle wrote: > How do I restore the function of Edit cell by using mouse - right click? ...

find the latest date in access 2007
hi there! I'm a bit stressed trying to get this sorted by I just cant! My question is the following. I have a database of three tables: Dis_cat, admission and patient. The Dis_cate table has only two categories : dead and alive. I just have to find out who was the last patient to die. I have this code in access: SELECT Dis_cat.category, Admision.outdate, Patient.pname FROM Patient INNER JOIN (Admision INNER JOIN Dis_cat ON Admision.dischno = Dis_cat.dischno) ON Patient.nhsno = Admision.nhsno WHERE (((Dis_cat.category)="dead")); But I cant find the latest date. I...

Need Help with Pub 2007
I have printed a bunch of books from Pub 2007 .... it is set up by Pub and is a folded 8.5 X 11 page that makes the book 5.5 X 8.5 when folded. When you print this you get page 1 on the right side of the sheet and page 64 on the left side .... when you flip over the page you get page 2 on the left side and page 63 on the right. It's all good .... it all works out fine for the folded book. Here is the problem I'm trying to solve. Ocassionally I need to replace a sheet that did not print as expected. How can I command Pub 2007 to print out a specific page on both sides from a ...

'Change Calendar Time Zone': Outlook 2007 on Vista
Every day when I wake the computer, Outook 2007 has started showing this dialog: http://allenbrowne.com/temp/Outlook2007ChangeTimeDialog.png How do I stop this? Already tried: - Clicking Ok. (It goes through all appointments; reports failure for each.) - Closing the dialog without updates. - Changing my timezone, and changing back (with Outlook closed.) - Rebooting - Posting to the private.mvp.outlook group (no reply.) Grateful for any suggestions -- Allen Browne - Perth, Western Australia Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. I'm having the same problem and ...

Public Folder access
How can i change it so an account i'm using for exchsync has owner privelages on the All Public Folders root on Exchange 5.5? Many thanks, Phill H. A problem with PF permissions here is the lack of granularity and the ability to append rather than overwrite. You would need to use some 3rd party tools to add the permission with granlarity. Aelita and I think NetIQ have such tools. >-----Original Message----- > How can i change it so an account i'm using for exchsync has owner privelages on the All Public Folders root on Exchange 5.5? > > Many thanks, > >Phil...

Cannot see Access querry in Microsoft word
I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in Microsoft Word. (Microsoft Office 2003) See response in the mailmerge fields newsgroup -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "Guy Delaney" <delaney@unitedsolution.net> wrote in message news:e7ccT6hnKHA.5700@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I cannot access a Microsoft Access querry when I try to do a mail merge in > Microso...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

Outlook Web Access Problem
Hi All, Heres short version of my recent post. On accessing my Exchange Server Outloook Web Access from internet through a firewall from Windows 2000 client, I am unable to login and after 3 tries get "Error: Access is denied". Please refer to my recent post with subject for explanation to question "OWA Access Is Denied for Win2k Users on internet" Thank You, rawCoder Havent seen the other posts, but this is always a good place to start: E200x: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326303 5.5: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...

Public Folder client access permissions
Hi, I am unable to view MAPI permissions when i click client permissions from Public folder properties. The permissions I see instead is of Windows 2003 format... I want to view permissions in MAPI format. I am using ESM > Folders > Public Folder tree branch to assign permissions. ref url http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/insider/pubfolderpermissions.mspx#EME if you see in the above URL, there are two windows, one is MAPI permissions other is Windows 2000 permissions..I want MAPI one..that is easier.. Your reference refers to different types of Public Fol...

convert sql file to access
Is there any way i can convert a sql file (downloaded as a backup from an online forum) to ms access? Basically the aim of doign this is to be able to print a custom made report from the forum data Well, there is a free working copy of sql server on your office CD (it is the desktop editing of sql server called MSDE). Perhaps you can just install that..and then view/edit the data? The MSDE . At that point, you can either a) simply export the data to something that ms-access can read. (if you have the sql server tools installed, then you can use the DTS services ..and export to ms-ac...

Recently Used File List Problem
I have Excel 2000. I have the recently used file list set to 6. During a session of Excel, it will expand from, say, 4 files to 5 (when I click on File/Open), but after I close Excel and relaunch it, it loses the last file opened and only shows 4. This seems to happen ONLY with spreadsheets from a particular folder. Others stay across sessions. What happened, and what can I do to get it back to working properly between sessions? Thanks. ...

Multiple monitors, Win2008 64 Bit, Excel 2007 SP2 MSO
I have multiple monitors. I want to have one excel with the ribbon and all that on one monitor, and another excel with the ribbon and all that on the monitor next to it. This does not seem to be possible. Dragging the window to be larger than one monitor is not intuitive and only works if the monitors are set up to be "beside" each other - not cool if one monitor is actually up on the wall and one is in front of me, since I have to hunt around to make the window appear on the other monitor. The "browse in same window" has been taken away from Vista/2008 server because the...

MSExchangeFBPublish error 8207 Exchange 2007
We have just migrated from exchange 2003 to exchange 2007 and the exchange 2003 server has been removed, we now gewt the ablove error in the event log any ideas, Error updating public folder with free/busy information on virtual machine servername. The error number is 0x80004005. ...

remain on record that I was editing in a form after requery
I have created a form for user input (comprised of text boxes and list boxes) and a subform that shows the results of some calculations that are performed on the user input. If I make a change to the user input and requery to see the updated results in the subform, Access jumps to record #1, no matter which record I was editing. I then have to manually go back to the record I was editing (and first I have to remember which one that was out of hundreds) to see the results and make additional edits. Is there any way to automate the process so that Access automatically goes bac...

Tony Toews Blog re Access Copyrite
Hi I read Tony Trowes comment (with which I agree) and was wondering about copywrite (or copyright?). http://msmvps.com/blogs/access/archive/2007/11/12/google-s-motto-quot-don-t-be-evil-quot-hogwash.aspx So, here is a formula that I came up with this morning. = [SomeOtherField] I know, it's impressive. Question. Do I own the copywrite on this formula? OK I know this is daft example but some (all) of the codes and answers that are posted in this forum take quite a while to work out and are slightly more complex. I have been informed that copyright can be awarded or taken &q...

convert XElement childnodes of an xelement node to a List<Xelemen
I have XElement parentcore I have List<XElement> childrenCore = new List<XElement>(); I add this list as childelemens to the XElement name "parentcore". I then want to derive the childelements from XElement and convert them back to the list "childrencore". Is there a one liner to convert all childelements to the List childrenCore? thanks Markus Markus Ohlenroth wrote: > I have > XElement parentcore > I have > List<XElement> childrenCore = new List<XElement>(); > > I add this list as childelemens to the XElement ...

Office XP Professional User having Trouble Accessing Excel and Office Updates
I am suddenly having trouble accessing Excel and Office Updates. According to my profile I have the following version of Office: MSOffice XP Professional Version 2002 SP1 When I try to go in to Excel I get a Windows Installer pop-up. Then its goes to Windows Installer and I get an error message saying" the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Then I get Error 1706. Setup cannot fing the required files. The patch \\Puma\base\software\desktop\officexp\PROPLUS.MSI cannot be found I am also running into a similar problem when trying to ...

Merge two items in MS POS
I'm new to these newsgroups so bear with my questions: 1. I'm a small business owner using MS POS 1.0 (not RMS) and am looking for help and support. Is this a forum to find other MS POS users? 2. Specific issue needing help on: Items on purchase orders were created, recieved and closed using vendor supplied upc codes which turned out to be wrong. Clerks have been creating new items using the correct scanned upc at time of check out to keep customers happy. Thus have two upc numbers for the same item. Need to link the two together somehow to maintain correct inventory.. Alias...

Problems With Access 97 in Access 2002
I have an Access 97 database that I am opening in Access 2002 in “compatability” mode. What is happening is that it goes into a “loop” – the status bar shows messages over and over. Sometimes I can break out of it. I can convert it Ok, however. What’s going on? ...

How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel #2
How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel Tools menu - Options - Color tab. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "Stick Frame" wrote: > How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel XL can only display 56 colors at any one time. You can change any of the 56 using Tools/Options/Colors, and clicking the Modify button. In article <6A3E973D-A17D-48FA-B07C-9242895DF17F@microsoft.com>, "Stick Frame" <StickFrame@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I access the 256 color palatte in excel ...

Multivalued Field Functionality in Access 2003
Hello All, I am in a bit of a dilemma. I am trying to design an Access Database that quite frankly needs multivalued fields so that I can use a checked listbox, but I am limited to Access 2003 and cannot use Access 2007, in which I already have a fully working model. I am building a database with a central table, called GENERAL. There are 5 additional forms, DRUGNAME, ADDITIONALMEDICATIONS, INJURYINFORMATION, etc. Each one contains one field which has a list. For example the DrugName table would contain a list of all the prescription drugs that the person possibly could have been on. In 200...

Standard Edition 2003
I think I accidentally deleted Office. I was downloading a trial version of Office 2007 because I wanted a template and the only way to get it was to buy Office 2007 or download the trial. So I downloaded the trial and then changed my mind in the middle of the processes. Now anytime I go to use a program in Office, the Windows Installer button pops up. When I go to my start menu, the only icon that is there from Office is Outlook, but when I go to Add/Remove, I can see where Excel, Word, etc are. So I'm not sure if it's deleted part of the way, totally or what. Also, I ca...

Use Category to create distribution Lists
How do I use categories to send an Email to everyone in the contact list with the same category. Thanks Bryan Open your contact folder in a table view. (By Category works best.) Find the category you want to mail and drag and drop the collapsed category to the in-box. A new mail message will open with the names in the TO: field. If you want to use the BCC, then select all and drag them to the BCC field. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, Bryanp <pefjunk@yahoo.com> asked | How do I use c...

office 2007 product key
an update to windows vista caused an error in the activation code. my computer manufacturer required me to do a recovery and enter a new activation code for windows. Needless to say I had to reinstall all my other programs. my office 2007 home and student was purchased from best buy and I still have the product key, but when I enter it. it tells me the certain characters like "0" or "O" or "1" are invalid and I can't go any further Did your recovery also include a Trial version of Office that you failed to uninstall, together with its Activation ...

wsdl for exchange 2007
Hi. Does anyone know if wsdl (web services descriptor) for exchange 2007 is available somewhere in Internet? I know it is accessible after installing exchange through https://<your domain>/ews/services.wsdl, but for now I cannot execute the installation. thanks in advance! jk. ...