dropdown filter on Data Access Page

Hi,
I have a data access page that is based on a query in my database.

Currently the page brings up all data for today, and the page is formated
into teams

So it looks like this

Today's date
  Team #1
    entry #1
    entry #2
  Team #2
   entry #1

Since this page can get long sometimes, I would like to add a dropdown menu
at the top of the page, that allows them to filter their results by team.

So once they make a selection they would only see the team selected.

Today's date
   Team  (only 1 listed)
    Entry #1
    Entry #2

I've been trying to search on this, but just can't seem to find the right
answer.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

I have a sample database that lets you set a filtering value and then show
the filtered results in a new DAP:
http://www.cadellsoftware.org/SampleDBs.htm#FilterDAP

It may be a starting point for you.
--

        Ken Snell
<MS ACCESS MVP>

> Hi,
> I have a data access page that is based on a query in my database.
>
> Currently the page brings up all data for today, and the page is formated
> into teams
>
> So it looks like this
>
> Today's date
>  Team #1
>    entry #1
>    entry #2
>  Team #2
>   entry #1
>
> Since this page can get long sometimes, I would like to add a dropdown
> menu
> at the top of the page, that allows them to filter their results by team.
>
> So once they make a selection they would only see the team selected.
>
> Today's date
>   Team  (only 1 listed)
>    Entry #1
>    Entry #2
>
> I've been trying to search on this, but just can't seem to find the right
> answer.

0
Ken

Outlook 2002 access on desktop AND laptop ???
Hello all, I'm currently running Outlook 2002 (Office XP) on my Desktop in my home office with XP Home as the OS. I'll soon be taking this desktop to a new office and purchasing a laptop for home use. This new laptop will also have XP Home as the operating system and Outlook 2002 . My question is: Is it possible to have the same access to my Outlook folders (inbox, sent items, contacts, calendar, etc...) on both my home laptop and my desktop that'll be in my office? I won't to be able to check (and send emails) from either location and have the same access to all my Outlook...

OWA denying access to Users, not administrators
Monday morning following a reboot of our SBS2000 server, OWA began denying access to users. User will attempt to sign on at the OWA log in dialog box and OWA will blink and present them with the log in dialog box again. After the 3rd attempt, the user receives a webpage with only the words: Error: Access is Denied. However, for those in the Administrators group, logging on is no problem. If I make a user a member of Administrators, they too can log in to OWA. Users are logging in on a variety of machines from Windows to Mac. Server is SBS2000, fully patched. This occurred af...

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

summarizing worksheet data
Hi, I want to create what should be a relatively simple spreadsheet with, say, fifty worksheets in the workbook. Each worksheet would be identical in terms of number of rows & columns, as well as the type of data those columns contain. On the first worksheet, however, I'd like to be able to summarize the cumulative totals of all the other sheets. So, for instance, if cell a20 on worksheets 2 through 50 contained a formula that calculated a sum of the figures in a1:a19, I'd like to put a formula in a cell in the first worksheet that will total the cell a20 in all the other w...

Gathering and adding data from different rows
Hi all, I run a report at work every day that tells me how many shares of a company have been sold and from what year these shares were granted to the participant. The year and the amount of shares are on different lines. For instance, the year would be on D5 and the share amount would be on D10. This is a daily function and the data changes every day. I am required to manually scan these reports and add up the shares for each year separately. I have to separate the amounts for 2003, 1997 and 1996. I want to create a spreadsheeet that I can dump this data into and have the spreadsheet find...

Access 2000 to 97 Conversion
I built a library database for a client in 2000, it uses several check boxes and compb boxes to perform filtering and works well in 2000. In the 97 it does not first it does not like a method I use called application.name and then it does not like the Replace statement I use in my SQL. Everything else works well. The only difference I find in the two is basicall the Microsoft 8.0 objects in the 97 version and the Microsoft 9.0 objects in the 2000. Hen I try to change the 97 version to the 9.0 I am told there is a name conflict and will not permit the selection and when I try to d...

Access unwanted automatic data entry
when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to the next field, it often enters a number in that field. Why does it do that nad how can I make it stop! Are entering data direcctly into Access table? If so, stop doing that, unless you only do it occasionally to repair data in database and you know database design and manage it. "Pat the biologist" <Pat the biologist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B724974-C937-4C5C-BDBA-1A086C0712A1@microsoft.com... > when entering data in my Access table, if i use the tab ket to advance to...

Macro to pull every Nth row of data
I have a spreadsheet of data and I need to pull every 60th row out onto another sheet. Any simple macros? Thanks. Amy How about Sub Test() Source_Sheet = "Sheet1" Target_Sheet = "Sheet2" n = 5000 ' your last line of data on Sheet1 Target_Row = 1 Sheets(Target_Sheet).Select For nCount = 1 To n Step 60 Worksheets(Source_Sheet).Cells(nCount, 1).EntireRow.Copy Worksheets(Target_Sheet).Cells(Target_Row, 1).Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks:= _ F...

Example using MFC WinInet classes with POST of FILE and other INPUT data
I am looking for a good example for POSTing both FILE and other INPUT data to a URL. I understand that the FILE must use a multi-part encoding but I do not understand how the atcual file contents get POSTed or how the INPUT data gets POSTed also. I am guessing the INPUT data can be added as part of the query parameters to the URL. ...

Last cell with data in a range
I enter weekly data into a spreadsheet with a summary page at the front. After every week, when new data is entered, I want the formula at the front to use the cell with the new data instead of me having to change the existing formula. For example, my data looks like this: A B C 276 300 421 175 0 0 0 I need a formula that will automatically detect the last number >0 in column C. Thank you for your assistance! =Countif(C2:C1000,">0") so your main page formula might be something like: =...

Access 2007 03-15-07
Hi,Back-end database is located at server. There are 10 clients with 10front-end databases. I want to restrict clients to reach form and reportdesigns and their codes. How can I do it in Access 2007 ?Thx for help! I believe this answer is covered in your previous posted titled "Restricting Front-ends".-- David CongerSoftware Development Engineer in TestMicrosoft Office Access** This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. **"Art Vandaley" <kestafir@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$ixVG0ZHHA.4420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> ...

Data Validation in XL2007 suddenly stops functioning
I created a workbook in XL2003 that included some named ranges on Sheet2 that fed some data validation lists on Sheet1. Everything worked as expected. My colleague opened up the workbook in XL2007 and used it several times, and everything worked as expected. Then she called me, saying that it was broken. Of the 6 named ranges and related data validation columns on the other sheet, none of them were working anymore. I went over to her PC, and checked everything I could think of- I could set up working data validation test cells on Sheet2, but could not get the ones on Sheet1 to...

Printing from a Master page
I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. Anyone know how to correct that? Might think about a printer driver update. Is this only happening on one publication? What version Publisher? Not sure I understand what is happening. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sherlynn" <sherLynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6169A241-2AE6-4DD7-A932-E5432A55C777@microsoft.com... >I am trying to print a document and the text area is overprinted in black. > Anyone...

dropdown list problem for newbie
i have a column(A) where each cell is a dropdownlist(same list). if person chooses an item from that list...can it return a correspondin value? example: my drop down list corresponding value animal 005 building 1174 vehicle 3345 so for a specific cell...lets say A1, i choose building from th dropdown. i want it to return a value of 1174 in cell A1. is this possible? if so please help? thx eri -- enag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- enags'...

deleting pages in publisher 2002
When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. K. On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:39:35 +0000, KLeDrew wrote (in article <CA87F080-CAF5-4A38-956C-FDF8896CA92A@microsoft.com>): > When deleting p.5 (or any page) of my 19 page document, last page deletes > instead! What's happening here? How can I delete my page? I'm using "edit" > delete page. Also, I am not in Master Page mode. > > ...

Import contacts from received E-Mail in OWA (Outlook Web Access 20
Hello, if one of our customers receives a E-Mail with Outlook 2003 contact in the appendix, the OWA customer can open the appendix without problems, but it is not possible to save the the new contact in his own contacts. The button "safe and close" is not available (button is grey). Windows/Exchange 2003 native enviroment (last servicepacks installed), Office 2003 SP2, Windows XP SP2 (IE6 SP2) Could it be an administrative task in our OWA config or could it be a security problem? We already have check the MS KB-Article (883575) for the IE6 security and popup-blocker problem. ...

Email randomly not accessible thru OWA
Hello. Using Exchange 2003, OWA 2003, approx. 3,000 outside users with mostly Windwos 2000 or XP Pro. Most users get everything, but some often get "page cannot be found" and these messges contain attachments sometimes, but not always: usually PDF or Word attachments. Downloading mail using Outook or Express seems to help alot, but not with all users. It is happening more more frequently. We run Symantec Antivirus 9.1 and I have removed all the filters for mail within our domain, thinking that would help, but no. Any suggestions are appreciated, as always. MG ...

in what order should i place multiple brochure pages?
i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it will print correctly . . . I would use one of the brochure templates, create, print it out and edit to my liking. -- Don Vancouver, USA "critic" <critic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB2EA24A-EC9F-44EB-AB02-209FF66A1F77@microsoft.com... >i am wondering in what order should i lay out my pages in my brochure so it > will print correctly . . . ...

Excel macros page breaks but not on row 1 and column value in footer
Hi, I have seen some posts that are similar, but no one seems to have the problem that I am having. I will post my macro in this, for anyone that is interested. My users get a csv file every month, and we have to clean it up. This macro does that. My last issues are this: 1) having the spreadsheet create page breaks whenever the value in column B changes. Below is just that code. Code: col = 2 LastRw = ActiveSheet.UsedRange.Rows.Count For X = 2 To LastRw If Cells(X, col) <> Cells(X - 1, col) And Cells(X, col) <> Range("B1") Then ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks...

Access Calendar to Julian Conversions
I have a database with dates in the MM/DD/YYYY format and I need to convert them to julian dates. Is there a built in function in Access that will do this? Depends what you mean by "Julian Date". If you'll looking to represent the date as the day number in the year, (yyyy.ddd, so that today is 2004.177), try: Format(MyDate, "yyyy") & "." & Format(Format(MyDate, "y"), "000") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Dave" <gatorsteele@cs.com> wrote in message news:217...

Appending data in cells that utilize a Dropdown list.
Hello all, I would like to append entries in cells that utilize a dropdown list. Currently, when I select (in this case names) from my dropdown list I cannot append them if I want to add more than one to a cell. If I select another name from the dropdown, it erases the first entry. Is there some way to append entries within cells that use this form of validation so that I can enter more than one in a cell from the dd list? -- Thanks, Geek using Office XP Professional Hi Geek Debra Dalgleish has an example workbook showing how to do this http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html...

Importing vcalendar data to multiple users
I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's calendar with pertinent calendar events. Is there a way to import this type of data in batch mode? See if http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm#company helps. ME wrote: > I'm running Exchange 5.5. Several times a year I have to create a > large group of users. I'd like to be able to pre-populate each user's > calendar with pertinent calendar events. > > Is there a way to import this type of data in batch...

Canot not access information in ItemProperties["Body"]
I have implement a normal c# template service that runs in the background to validate the information in a third party calender with the outlook information however if I run the following when I get to the "Body" propery it locks up. itemProp.Name "Body" string itemProp.Value error: cannot obtain value System.Object This may also be related in that I cannot access an item using OutlookNS.GetItemFromID(storeID,EntryID) "A first chance exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in outservice.exe Additional information: Could not ...

Pivot Table: showing data as % of subtotal
Hi, I have pivot table data in this format: Name Type Amount ABC 1 $100 2 $200 3 $300 4 $400 ABC Total $1,000 DEF 1 $150 2 $260 3 $310 4 $420 DEF Total $1,140 and so on .... .... .... I want to see the data as follows: Name Type Amount % ABC...

Publisher should allow the deletion of multiple pages
I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much like the options available when printing pages. lejianzhong <lejianzhong@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I wish publisher would allow for the deletion of muliple pages much > like the options available when printing pages. Suggestion: Try here: How to Contact the Microsoft Wish Program http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q114491 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...