Drop Down List / Open Report

How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports
i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10
Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List]
Row Source ;rptCharge1;
What would have the Event OnClick
Thanks for any Help....Bob

0
Bob
8/11/2007 11:11:57 PM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:11:57 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports
>i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10
>Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List]
>Row Source ;rptCharge1;
>What would have the Event OnClick
>Thanks for any Help....Bob

If the reports are based on correct queries which already filter the results
as desired, just:

Private Sub comboboxname_Click()
DoCmd.OpenReport Me.comboboxname
End Sub

See the online help for OpenReport for the various options - you can open it
in preview mode or print it directly, pass arguments, etc.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/11/2007 11:26:43 PM
I suppose I have done this wrong I have 4 queries from the same table all 4
queries using the same Fields, But I have 4 different reports using the same
formats, I have just Record Source to each query is that Ok to
do..................Thanks Bob

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:11:57 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>

>>How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports
>>i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10
>>Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List]
>>Row Source ;rptCharge1;
>>What would have the Event OnClick
>>Thanks for any Help....Bob
>>

> If the reports are based on correct queries which already filter the
> results
> as desired, just:
>
> Private Sub comboboxname_Click()
> DoCmd.OpenReport Me.comboboxname
> End Sub
>
> See the online help for OpenReport for the various options - you can open
> it
> in preview mode or print it directly, pass arguments, etc.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bob
8/11/2007 11:43:16 PM
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:43:16 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>I suppose I have done this wrong I have 4 queries from the same table all 4
>queries using the same Fields, But I have 4 different reports using the same
>formats, I have just Record Source to each query is that Ok to

How do the queries differ? Just in a parameter query criterion? I think you
may need only *one* report based on *one* parameter query, perhaps referencing
a control on your switchboard form.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/12/2007 12:24:40 AM
Thanks John, The queries differ from >Date()-365, >Date()-720  and Like
"*Vet*" and Like "*Transport*" and so on , its just to show you what you
have charges for these with the name in and other queries are just all on a
time base.............Thanks Bob

> On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:43:16 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:
>
>>I suppose I have done this wrong I have 4 queries from the same table all
>>4
>>queries using the same Fields, But I have 4 different reports using the
>>same
>>formats, I have just Record Source to each query is that Ok to
>
> How do the queries differ? Just in a parameter query criterion? I think
> you
> may need only *one* report based on *one* parameter query, perhaps
> referencing
> a control on your switchboard form.
>
>             John W. Vinson [MVP]

0
Bob
8/12/2007 12:42:22 AM
On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 12:42:22 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks John, The queries differ from >Date()-365, >Date()-720  and Like
>"*Vet*" and Like "*Transport*" and so on , its just to show you what you
>have charges for these with the name in and other queries are just all on a
>time base.............Thanks Bob

I'm sorry... without knowing anything about your database or your business
model, that sentence simply doesn't communicate.

I guess you can use four reports with four different queries, though with a
modest amount of code you could use just a single report (by passing a
WhereCondition from the combo box).

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/12/2007 1:24:17 AM
Thanks Tom, can you give me your opinion which is best, Drop Down Combo Box
or a Report?
All I am using it for is to see what charges and how much they where for
reference only, so I can what I have charged before.
Does one take longer to load, and which is the more Stable/Suitable?
Thanks for your help....Bob

"Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Apologies for the repetition, I kept receiving a "fail" message.
> Note the correction:
> Select Case Me![ComboBoxName]
>

> "Tom Ventouris" wrote:
>
>> If you must have 4 reports, rather than one with code to pass parameters,
>> try
>> this:
>>
>> Assigne descriptive names to your reports, for the user, and put these in
>> the ComboBox Value List.
>>
>> In the Combo Box After Update Event:
>>
>> Select Case Me![ComboBoxName}
>> Case is = "DescriptiveName"
>> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
>> Case is = "Next Descriptive Name"
>> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
>> and so on.....
>> End select
>>

>> "Bob V" wrote:
>>

>> > How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten
>> > reports
>> > i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10
>> > Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List]
>> > Row Source ;rptCharge1;
>> > What would have the Event OnClick
>> > Thanks for any Help....Bob

0
Bob
8/12/2007 10:13:15 PM
I think that the Open Report is easier to view and takes up less room on my
form as I am a bit tight for room, and I suppose you can always print it of
too. be interested to know what you think ComboBox versus The Open
report?....Thanks Bob
"Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote in message
> Thanks Tom, can you give me your opinion which is best, Drop Down Combo
> Box or a Report?
> All I am using it for is to see what charges and how much they where for
> reference only, so I can what I have charged before.
> Does one take longer to load, and which is the more Stable/Suitable?
> Thanks for your help....Bob
>
> "Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Apologies for the repetition, I kept receiving a "fail" message.
>> Note the correction:
>> Select Case Me![ComboBoxName]
>>

>> "Tom Ventouris" wrote:
>>
>>> If you must have 4 reports, rather than one with code to pass
>>> parameters, try
>>> this:
>>>
>>> Assigne descriptive names to your reports, for the user, and put these
>>> in
>>> the ComboBox Value List.
>>>
>>> In the Combo Box After Update Event:
>>>
>>> Select Case Me![ComboBoxName}
>>> Case is = "DescriptiveName"
>>> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
>>> Case is = "Next Descriptive Name"
>>> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
>>> and so on.....

0
Bob
8/13/2007 1:41:46 AM
Tom Could you use a Dropdown Combo List to open Combos Like these two Combos
Similar to opening Reports?...thanks for the help...Bob

Me.cmbCharge1Y.Requery
Me.cmbCharge1Y.SetFocus
Me.cmbCharge1Y.Dropdown

Me.CmbCharge2Y.Requery
Me.CmbCharge2Y.SetFocus
Me.CmbCharge2Y.Dropdown

"Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Apologies for the repetition, I kept receiving a "fail" message.
> Note the correction:
> Select Case Me![ComboBoxName]
>

> "Tom Ventouris" wrote:
>
>> If you must have 4 reports, rather than one with code to pass parameters,
>> try
>> this:
>>
>> Assigne descriptive names to your reports, for the user, and put these in
>> the ComboBox Value List.
>>
>> In the Combo Box After Update Event:
>>
>> Select Case Me![ComboBoxName}
>> Case is = "DescriptiveName"
>> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
>> Case is = "Next Descriptive Name"
>> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
>> and so on.....
>> End select
>>

>> "Bob V" wrote:
>>

>> > How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten
>> > reports
>> > i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10
>> > Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List]
>> > Row Source ;rptCharge1;
>> > What would have the Event OnClick
>> > Thanks for any Help....Bob

0
Bob
8/13/2007 5:34:53 AM
Hi Bob

A report or combo box? These are totally diffrent, and for a different
purpose.
It is really not clear to me what you are trying to accomplish. If you are
looking for the history of a record, the report you are planning, opened via
the combo box will do the job. At the risk of being mistaken for an expert on
this, I would have used a subform or linked form to dispaly the record
history. A subform can be placed in a seperate page, if you don't have space,
(use tabs) but this may take longer to load with the additional data and
fields on a form. A linked form can be loaded through a command button on
demand.

Your last post indicates that you may want to populate one combo box with
the record history based on the selection in another combo box. If this is
it, it can be done. Search this group or create a new post for help on
setting the combobox row source based on a selection.....

Hope this helps, but some more info on your design and need will get you
better advice from this group, I gather from your questions and other
to get advice on, after all, it's just a form or report to display data.

Tom Ventouris

On Mon, 13 Aug 2007 10:13:15 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote:

>Thanks Tom, can you give me your opinion which is best, Drop Down Combo Box
>or a Report?

Which is the best tool: a Phillips head screwdriver or a table saw?

A combo box and a report are utterly different and not substitutes for one
another.

>All I am using it for is to see what charges and how much they where for
>reference only, so I can what I have charged before.

Then use a Subform, I'd say. That's an excellent tool to display the current
state of data in a table.

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
8/13/2007 5:51:04 AM
Hi Bob

You are missing good advice from Mr Vinson, an MVP for good reason in my
experience and opinion, throughout this thread. The answer to your last post
is yes, with possibly some modification. It seems you are at risk of crowding
your form with uncessary fields and code/functions which will come back to
haunt you later.

It is starting to sound like you are using the wrong tools (combo boxes) for
the right job.

Post, in detail, exactly what you want accomplish for a detailed response
and direction to the right tools.

Tom Ventouris

"Bob V" wrote:

> Tom Could you use a Dropdown Combo List to open Combos Like these two Combos
> Similar to opening Reports?...thanks for the help...Bob
>
> Me.cmbCharge1Y.Requery
> Me.cmbCharge1Y.SetFocus
> Me.cmbCharge1Y.Dropdown
>
> Me.CmbCharge2Y.Requery
> Me.CmbCharge2Y.SetFocus
> Me.CmbCharge2Y.Dropdown
>
> "Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Apologies for the repetition, I kept receiving a "fail" message.
> > Note the correction:
> > Select Case Me![ComboBoxName]
> >

> > "Tom Ventouris" wrote:
> >
> >> If you must have 4 reports, rather than one with code to pass parameters,
> >> try
> >> this:
> >>
> >> Assigne descriptive names to your reports, for the user, and put these in
> >> the ComboBox Value List.
> >>
> >> In the Combo Box After Update Event:
> >>
> >> Select Case Me![ComboBoxName}
> >> Case is = "DescriptiveName"
> >> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
> >> Case is = "Next Descriptive Name"
> >> DoCmd.OpenReport "rptReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
> >> and so on.....

I have a table tblAdditionalCharge that has around 1330 records in it now
the table has 7 fields, the 3 fields in my query
DayNo,AdittionalCharge,AdditionalChargeAmount
What I am trying to do is get my query to >Date()-360 on DayNo
and [AdittionalCharge,AdditionalChargeAmount] to be unique

SELECT DISTINCT tblAdditionCharge.AdditionCharge,
tblAdditionCharge.AdditionChargeAmount, tblAdditionCharge.DayNo
FROM tblAdditionCharge INNER JOIN tblHorseInfo ON tblAdditionCharge.HorseID
= tblHorseInfo.HorseID
WHERE (((tblAdditionCharge.AdditionChargeAmount) Is Not Null))
ORDER BY tblAdditionCharge.AdditionCharge;

Then I wanted a drop down list that had names in it that I can enter into
such as "veterinary" so any record that had the word "veterinary" in
AdditionCharge would show the records, A table would hold the words that I
want to search for or add words to or delete out
Is this possible to do and what procedure should I adopt, the record are
just for viewing when accessing a new charge amount

Thanks for any help...........Bob

> Hi Bob
>
> You are missing good advice from Mr Vinson, an MVP for good reason in my
> experience and opinion, throughout this thread. The answer to your last
> post
> is yes, with possibly some modification. It seems you are at risk of
> crowding
> your form with uncessary fields and code/functions which will come back to
> haunt you later.
>
> It is starting to sound like you are using the wrong tools (combo boxes)
> for
> the right job.
>
> Post, in detail, exactly what you want accomplish for a detailed response
> and direction to the right tools.
>
> Tom Ventouris
>
> "Bob V" wrote:
>
>> Tom Could you use a Dropdown Combo List to open Combos Like these two
>> Combos
>> Similar to opening Reports?...thanks for the help...Bob
>>
>> Me.cmbCharge1Y.Requery
>> Me.cmbCharge1Y.SetFocus
>> Me.cmbCharge1Y.Dropdown
>>
>> Me.CmbCharge2Y.Requery
>> Me.CmbCharge2Y.SetFocus
>> Me.CmbCharge2Y.Dropdown
>>
>> "Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Apologies for the repetition, I kept receiving a "fail" message.
>> > Note the correction:
>> > Select Case Me![ComboBoxName]

0
Bob
8/14/2007 1:12:02 AM
For this you need a comco box.

Make sure the Wizard is enabled and Place an unbound combo box on your form.
Select the option to "find a record that matches the control" and follow the
wizard prompts.

Alternatively, an unboud combo box with the row source set to the field
containg the key word and code in the Adterupdate event to open the records
that contain the keyword.

Both options are commonly used for finding records on a form. I think the
code is already in this thread, or a quick serch will find it in this group.

Hope this does it.

"Bob V" wrote:

> I have a table tblAdditionalCharge that has around 1330 records in it now
> the table has 7 fields, the 3 fields in my query
> DayNo,AdittionalCharge,AdditionalChargeAmount
> What I am trying to do is get my query to >Date()-360 on DayNo
> and [AdittionalCharge,AdditionalChargeAmount] to be unique
>
> SELECT DISTINCT tblAdditionCharge.AdditionCharge,
> tblAdditionCharge.AdditionChargeAmount, tblAdditionCharge.DayNo
> FROM tblAdditionCharge INNER JOIN tblHorseInfo ON tblAdditionCharge.HorseID
> = tblHorseInfo.HorseID
> WHERE (((tblAdditionCharge.AdditionChargeAmount) Is Not Null))
> ORDER BY tblAdditionCharge.AdditionCharge;
>

> Then I wanted a drop down list that had names in it that I can enter into
> such as "veterinary" so any record that had the word "veterinary" in
> AdditionCharge would show the records, A table would hold the words that I
> want to search for or add words to or delete out
> Is this possible to do and what procedure should I adopt, the record are
> just for viewing when accessing a new charge amount
>
> Thanks for any help...........Bob
>
> "Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Bob
> >
> > You are missing good advice from Mr Vinson, an MVP for good reason in my
> > experience and opinion, throughout this thread. The answer to your last
> > post
> > is yes, with possibly some modification. It seems you are at risk of
> > crowding
> > your form with uncessary fields and code/functions which will come back to
> > haunt you later.
> >
> > It is starting to sound like you are using the wrong tools (combo boxes)
> > for
> > the right job.
> >
> > Post, in detail, exactly what you want accomplish for a detailed response
> > and direction to the right tools.
> >
> > Tom Ventouris
> >
> > "Bob V" wrote:
> >
> >> Tom Could you use a Dropdown Combo List to open Combos Like these two
> >> Combos
> >> Similar to opening Reports?...thanks for the help...Bob
> >>
> >> Me.cmbCharge1Y.Requery
> >> Me.cmbCharge1Y.SetFocus
> >> Me.cmbCharge1Y.Dropdown
> >>
> >> Me.CmbCharge2Y.Requery
> >> Me.CmbCharge2Y.SetFocus
> >> Me.CmbCharge2Y.Dropdown
> >>
> >> "Tom Ventouris" <TomVentouris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Deleting records off Inventory Transfer/Pick List
Is there a way to select multiple records for delete off of an inventory transfer worksheet (worksheet 330)? We are using this worksheet to create a 'picking list' to transfer inventory from one store to another. When this worksheet runs, we end up with a great number of items that are value '0' Qty or '-' (negative) Qty at source. Before the worksheet can be approved, all of these lines have to be deleted, one at a time. The worksheet window does not allow for selection of multiple records. This can be hundreds of records and therefore is very time consuming. ...

drop down arrow missing on pivot table when refreshed
I used this to get rid of old items in a pivot table. Sub DeleteItems() ' Dim ws As Worksheet Dim pt As PivotTable Dim pf As PivotField Dim pi As PivotItem On Error Resume Next For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets For Each pt In ws.PivotTables pt.RefreshTable For Each pf In pt.VisibleFields If pf.Name <> "Data" Then For Each pi In pf.PivotItems If pi.RecordCount = 0 And _ Not pi.IsCalculated Then pi.Delete End If Next End If Next Next Next end sub when refreshing the pivot table the drop down arrows on the page by fields disappear. We are runn...

How to create report from Pivot Table View of Union Query?
Hi all, I have create a Union ALL Query. I want to generate a report from it. The Pivot Table View of this Union Query shows exactly what I want (having Row Heading, Column Heading and Detailed Data), so how can I make it as a Report? I have tried to create new report, but there is no options of making a pivot table (something like Crosstab Query and Pivot Table View of the Union Query). Also tried to export to Excel, but it shows only count of records. I want all detailed records. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Duane, I tried to create a crosstab qu...

comparing lists #2
Hi, I have two lists, placed in two different sheets in the same workbook. Now we want a new list that does only contain those items that are in both lists. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance! Check out this site of Chip Pearson. Scroll down to "D", and see all the options referring to duplicates. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/topic.htm -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Prixton" <prixt0n@netscape.net> wro...

Outlook 2003 opens multiple instances
When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens twice or has two instances available in the task manager window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it is fine. Also, we are currently running Viewmail and Viewfax from Active Voice. Any help would be grealty appreciated. Charles Garcia wrote: > When I double click the desktop icon for outlook it opens > twice or has two instances available in the task manager > window. Once I disable or end these and reopen outlook it > is fine. This happens randomly for me too. In fact, for a long time it used to a...

Calculate As of Date Check Book Opening Balance
Hi Is there any way to calculate as of opening and closing balance of a given check for Payments and Deposits Listing report Module = Banak Management Regards Irfan ...

Multiple workbooks open -- closing workbooks
Dear Clever People, I hope this is not the "silly question of the day". We were wondering (when you have multiple workbooks open and you close one workbook) why are all other workbooks forced to be closed, too? Is it possible to ever close one workbook and leave all the others open? Thank you, Janet Close it by going to file>close or by pressing Ctrl + F4 or by clicking the smaller X below the big red X -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Janet Panighetti" <JanetPanighetti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1C9BC30B-BE1A-4605-B215-99C07CB1D366...

Backing up open database
Hi All, Two part question: can an open database be backed up (by the user who has it open) and if so, are there any issues associated with doing so? I have an Access 2000 database through which we crunch payroll data from a Progress database for the purpose of printing information not stored in the Progress database on check stubs. The Access database is not set up such that the users open it exclusively however, I have code in place that prevents a second user from opening the database if someone's already in. As part of the payroll processing, I have the payroll clerks notify me...

Power Point Viewer 2007 won't open ".pps" files
Using Windows 7, Home Premium, 32 bit. No Office 2007 installed. Using Microsoft Works. Have experienced several issues with Office PPT Viewer 2007. Cleared them, but additionally each time I try to open a .pps file, either from the Desktop or Windows Mail, I receive the following: "C:\Users|AMD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\TemporaryInternetFiles\content.IE5\E7D22GOW\Gathering of Mustangs and Legends2007.pps is not a valid Win32 application". I have opened this file many times on another computer, so don't think it is an issue with the file. The software has be...

Why does a drop ship PO need a Site ID for the line items?
What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the Site ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will never come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter something here. The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 Bud, The Site ID is a required field and you will be asked to enter one, even when entering a drop-ship PO. Best rega...

Counting no of days of a specific range of days from a list
I have a date range from month first to end of month. I want to count no of entries from that list which range from 10th to 15th. For eg. a list starting from 01.11.2009 to 30.11.2009. I want to count no of entries of date range from 15.11.2009 to 20.11.2009. Please help me.... Assume that you are having the Dates in A Column and do you want to get the number of days between 15.11.2009 to 20.11.2009. =VALUE(TEXT(DAY(COUNTIF(A:A,">"&DATE(2009,11,14))-COUNTIF(A:A,">"&DATE(2009,11,20))),"#########")) In your example the dates are entere...

Distribution lists won't expand?
Beginning two days ago, local distribution lists on one of our workstations no longer expand into individual emails. By this I mean there is no longer a '+' beside the list in the "To:" field. Also, the server rejects the email with the following message: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: '1st Year Candidates 2009' on 2/26/2010 12:39 PM 501 <1st Year Candidates 2009>: "@" or "." expected after "1st" I can open these lists and view each of the individual contacts, update them and e...

Excel Lists Dependencies
Hi All, i have a problem to solve: I want users to be able to pick a project from a list (no problem) and then i want excel to pick the project number according to the project name automatically from a list. To make my problem clear let's say a user picks Project A from a drop down list in cell A1, then I want excel to display the correct project number in cell B1 automatically. Not all employees know projects by name in our company hence this idea. The best would be to store the project number in a list similar to a list used for drop down menus. The projects change and so do the projec...

Problems in viewing Report
Hi we have installed the SQL and CRM in 2 different servers, running on win 2003. I face a problem when viewing reports as it keeps popping up dialog box for username and password which when not given gives a "page cannot be displayed" error. can anybody let me know why the logon request for report section is prompted. I tried to fiddle around with report section datasource, by selecting various options and it works only when a AD user is given in the credential section, since the user's password is prone for expiry, it will be risky to give that option. This is because i...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 Error Report
Hi, Just to get helps on the following : I've the Microsoft Outlook 2000 (come with Ms Office 2000 Premium with full installation) installed on the Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 1. Had configured the corporate Internet Email as well. The problem is when sometime trying to type a new or replied or forwarding of email which is going to be send out, then will prompt the error report message. After i click on do not send, then it will straight away closed the whole Outlook 2000 application & the mail without saved the message. So i've to re-open again and re-type...

Error - Did not CLose Before Exiting
I'm receiving an error.. "...did not close the file before exiting" Money needs to verify the information in your file When I click Yes I then recevie the error.... "The email address or Password is in correct" ....if you are opening an existing file, sign in without access to online services. I know the password is correct as I have not changed it and it works with an older version of this file(from 1-month ago). I've tried to repair the current file, but was unsuccessful How can I sign in offline? Hello: My recommendation is to restore a ...

color list view
hi can i use thread to change the color of the list view with the OnNMCustomdraw and how can i do it ùthanks All this should be done on the same thread where the control was created. Why would you want a separate thread anyway? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "mido1971" <jan_mido_2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:439D8B44-5A8B-4FC8-99E4-D7A62E510E3B@microsoft.com... > hi > can i use thread to change the color of the list view with the > OnNMCustomdraw and how can i do it �thanks i need an another thread because i have in the list view lo...

distribution list #6
While in my "in-box" folder is it possible to create a distribution list from all the e-mail addresses that are ;ocated in the "to" field without copying or typing each ail box one by one? Many thanks, James Not natively. There are probably some third party apps that can do this. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "james" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:027d01c39987$d76bd970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > While in my "in-box" folder is it possible to create a > distribution list from all the e-mail addresses that > ar...

opening multiple blank documents on start-up
Hi, I'm trying to figure out how I can open multiple blank documents on my (MDI) application's startup. (using VC++ 6.0) I've looked at the commandline info stuff, but it looks like I can only tell it to do one FileNew. Basically I just want, say, n new documents created (along with their views, presumably) when I start my program. Anyone have any ideas on how I might do this, or can suggest where I should look for answers? thanks! Brian In principle: make the doc template a member object in your app.h CMultiDocTemplate* m_pMyDocTemplate; use this pointer in the .cpp temp...

CRM Report Issue
I designed a custom report to run pending activities & assigned activities of current loggin user. This report is running in report server and showing current user's assigned activities. i am passing current user name in parameters as @User Name from sql query. After deploying this report into crm. its throwing an error message like this. "An error has occurred during report processing. The Value expression for the query parameter =91@UserName=92 contains an error: Index was outside the bounds of the array" The current user name passing from crm report as "...

crystal report question 05-04-04
Hi, is it possible to use my own sql statement to build the crystal reports in crm 1.2? I want to use some functions i.e. count(*) to add some statistic on the reportings. Thanks in advance Jani ...

Activities by Business Unit Report
Hello all: Our implementation of CRM uses multiple business units created under the top level organizational business unit. We are trying use the existing activities by type report as a basis but to add a grouping by business unit. This report would only show activities by a specific business unit. Currently our security model is configured such that all activities are viewable across all business units. Any of the default reports will not achieve our segration requirement. Has anyone attempted a report similar to this? Where and how should we be applying the business unit filter? Crea...

Uninstalled 2007 Trial, now all docs don't open
I used the 2007 Trial and uninstalled it, and now my docs do not open in the 2003 Version that came on my computer from the beginning. Any ideas? I do not have the original CD. Did you save your files as .docx or .doc? If it's the former you need to go to Microsoft's site and download the 2007 compatibility pack for 2003. -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you." "JenLy" <JenLy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79ABD79A-9164-4B20-AE07-013AD9DFE4F3@microsoft.com... ...

Embedded images not printing in reports
I have built several reports in Visual Studio and when I preview them there, the graphic (our logo in this case) displays fine. But when I pull them into CRM 4.0, and the graphics show a red "x" as though they aren't there. Do I need to do anything different other than embed them? Anyone else have this problem that can enlighten me as to a solution? Thanks! Andy. ...

Create a Group Mailing List
I have created mail groups in the past, but now cannot. I have also read all the directions on this message board, but nothing works for me. Help! Why can't you? Are you missing the buttons on the toolbar? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, ...