does PDF addin work with Access Runtime

Does the PDF addin for emailing a PDF attachment work with Access Runtime
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Converting a Publisher Newsletter to PDF and sending as an attachment
Hi there, I send out a small newsletter of about 10 x A4 to about 100 recipients each month. It works well as a Word doc attachment with few graphics. I want to raise my game and send it out with more, bigger graphics and have it in blocks like a web page to increase interest. I have tried a couple of different ways including sending it as an html page but it all turned to custard. Because of the wide variety of machines and browsers, it didn't work very well and about a third of the emails where bounced back to me by the providers. I suspect because of size or they were filte...

Access 2003 and SQL2000 Table Problems
I'm using Access 2003 as my client for updating tables in a database install on a SQL 2000 Server. All of the tables have the same user permissions and were created by the same user. Here is the rub. The SQL 2000 server/Access 2003 combination allows editing and insertion of records in some of the tables but not in others. Where do I start? I'm just trying to use ACCESS 2003 to open the table and edit, delete and insert new records for all tables in the database. Thanks I'd first contact the administrator and check to see if there are permissions granted on all tables....

How rules work in Outlook 2002?
I upgrade my rules from a version of Outlook 2003 when I was still using other versions of Outlook, Now my rules will not work in any version. What can I do? You'll need to make new rules or not use older versions. Outlook 2003 uses Unicode rules and offers some new actions and conditions not supported by older versions. FWIW, we do not recommend opening mailboxes with outlook 2003 and outlook 2000 or older. That combo makes a mess of rules. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/be...

Auto Journal not working #2
Using Windows 2000 / Outlook 2000-SP3 My journal is not recording anything. On Tools/Options/Journal Options... I have checked to record all items, for all contacts and also select all other programs to register but nothing happens. I don't know what to do, it is the first time I try to use it. Can anyone help me? Mauricio Silva Me too!! For a few weeks now - just stopped one day... I have seen postings suggesting archiving your journal items to reduce the size (search on journal recording in Outlook General) Anyone else know of another fix? "Mauricio Silva" wrote: ...

Calculate working days between records
Hi, All, I've been trying to interpret me needs from the following thread, but have not been able to do so. When I tried to apply it to my table and fields, I'm getting some funky results: http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.access/browse_thread/thread/aa6566752c5be1eb/a1d50ff9465684ad?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=date+difference+between+two+records#a1d50ff9465684ad I do need to do something similar. I have a table containing records of comments associated to my master record using the KeyID. I need to calculate the working days (using the dhcountworkdaysa calculat...

Office 2010 Word
I have looked through the list of available discussion groups but am unable to locate one for Office 2010 beta, so I post this here in the hope that someone might direct me to somewhere or someone that can help. Having only just downloaded the beta I have found it to be causing several problems in terms of the speed in which certain things happen - my computer seems much more sluggish than previously with Office 2007. However, I can live with that, but I have also found that when I am using grammar and spell check in Word I get one of two results: 1. No attempt is made by Word...

Sending e-mail from Access
After searching all morning and finding a lot of messages about codes (SendObject) and macros (which I know nothing about), I finally found Wayne's answer (below) on how to send e-mails to individual contacts in our Contact Management database (which I created based on a sample CM database I downloaded from Microsoft.) It works great!! However, I already have over 900 email addresses in my EmailAddress field (we have over 1600 records, but many are missing this data). Is there an easy way to add "MailTo:" in front of the ones already in the database? Also, the Contac...

OL2003 - Rules
I have three POP3 accounts setup in Outlook 2003 each from different providers. So, I created two rules to move the email based on specified account to other folders to separate the email based on account. So, my default account goes into the Inbox and the other accounts go into their own specific folders. When I setup the rules I choose "through the specified account" in the "condition" section then specify the account. Then choose "move it to the specified folder" in the "what to do with the message" section then specify the folder to move it to. ...

CFM_BACKCOLOR for Highligthing selection in Rich Edit Control does not work
Hi everyone, For some reason I can't get Highlighting feature in Rich Edit Control to work at all. Here is how I am trying to do it CColorDialog dlg(RGB(255,255,0)); if( IDOK == dlg.DoModal() ) { CHARFORMAT2 cf; SendMessage(EM_GETCHARFORMAT, SCF_SELECTION | SCF_WORD, (LPARAM)&cf); cf.cbSize = sizeof CHARFORMAT2; cf.dwMask = CFM_BACKCOLOR; cf.crBackColor = dlg.GetColor(); SendMessage(EM_SETCHARFORMAT, SCF_SELECTION | SCF_WORD, (LPARAM)&cf); } Any suggestions? ...

e-mail text files not working in 10.0
Hello: In some installs of GP 10.0, I am noticing that the E-Mail to Text option does not work. Literally, nothing happens upon clicking this button. Any ideas? Thanks! chilldofthe1980s I've seen this as well. The send to .pdf doesn't work either. I think Patrick at msft mentioned that this was being addressed in sp 1. "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > In some installs of GP 10.0, I am noticing that the E-Mail to Text option > does not work. Literally, nothing happens upon clicking this button. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks! > ...

Why Won't this code work with different Bitmap Sizes?
http://codeproject.com/printing/general.asp Whenever I try to change the bmpWidth, and bmpHeight very much, it only prints a blank page. For example bmpWidth = 640, and bmpHeight = 480, only prints a blank page. Why would this be? Thanks you should contact the author regarding this. -- With Regard's Alok Gupta visit me at http://alok.bizhat.com "i think this will work" "Peter Olcott" <olcott@att.net> wrote in message news:FGLRd.8200$yr.3617@okepread05... > http://codeproject.com/printing/general.asp > > Whenever I try to change...

Access 2000 on Windows XP
Is there a way to run Access 2000 through Windows XP without having to convert the entire database? I work in an office that shares an Access 2000 database. All of the users are currently running Windows 2000 but a few of the users would like to switch to Windows XP. Thank you in advance for ideas/help! I have a database developed under Office 2000/Windows 2000 which runs successfully on a machine with OfficeXP/WindowsXP. However if I then alter any VB code on the latter, the program fails. Any ideas? >-----Original Message----- >Hi Christine, > >Whether you are using Wi...

Access as a Front-End
I am wanting to use either MySQL or SQL Server as a back-end to a MS Access front-end. Furthermore, I need to be able to use this front-end over a Wireless router. I know that by default MS Access does not leand itself to wireless connections but have been told it can be done if changes are made...? Can someone give me a little guidance on the matter. Perhaps refer a good article or site that covers this subject to get me going in the right direction. Thank you, QB In the 18 years that I have been working with Access, I have helped clients fix 8 data corruptions. The f...

Task Reminders Don't Work
Please see e-mail string below. I tried the outlook.exe /cleanreminders in the run program after not having any luck with outlook / clean reminders. I still cannot get a task reminder to come up with a reminder even though I have designated a time and checked the box. When the appointed reminder time has passed, I look at the reminder again and the box is no longer checked. I am frustrated!!! My task folder is listed on the left-hand side: mail, calendar, contacts, tasks. I have never moved the folder to another location. Any other suggestions or ideas would be greatl...

Visual Basic for Applications Help not working right.
OS = WinXP Home and Pro with SP2. Under Office 2003 Professional Edition with SP1, if I open the VBA Editor and search for a function (say Msgbox) I get a whole list of things that can be displayed. All selections respond to a mouse click and provide a wealth of information except for those noted as (Visual Basic for Applications.) For those, nothing happens -- the system just sits there with the mouse cursor changed to a hand. I have gone to Control Panel/Add Remove Programs and followed the instructions that appear in several places on the web for adding the VBA help files. The ...

Allow work order deposits to be paid for using store credits
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ed16e74f-2d3a-4689-9444-cfa2cb09e82a&dg=microsoft.public.pos ...

Will my 32-bit Add-in work in 64-bit Windows?
Hi, I have an Excel add-in that uses MSXML v3.0 for reading/writing XML files. It also uses a few libraries, including Microsoft Office Runtime, OLE Automation, Excel Object Library, etc. The add-in was developed in (and works fine on) Windows XP Professional (32-bit), Excel 2000. Would like to know if this add-in would work fine on a PC with Windows XP Professional (64-bit) and Excel 2000 (9.0.8980 SP-3). Will I have to modify any aspects of my code, such as the XML function calls? Thank you, Shankar ...

OWA Access #8
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5AD64.535CE960 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I added a new server to my exchange site and moved some users to the = server they now can not access there mail with OWA. Externally the url = indicates that they are on the new server but they get the page can not = be displayed message. Internally the page loads but your prompted to log = on twice. how do I resolve this.=20 ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C5AD64.535CE960 Content-Type: text/html; char...

Access 2007 database hosted on Share Point 2007 server
I would love to see an example of an Access 2007 database hosted on a Share Point 2007 Server. I hear thatyou can actually host the database on the Share Point Server...but I would love to if all of the functionality is truly there, most importantly Forms. If anyone knows of an example that I could check out...that would be FANTASTIC!!! H0MELY, I don't think it is as you envisage. Yes, you can publish an Access 2007 database to a SharePoint site. This makes the application available to anyone who has access to the site. *But*... it is really just stored in a document librar...

Canadian Mutual Fund Updates
I hold a Canadian Mutual fund with a back load, with the symbol TCM201. Money 2006 never updated the prices automatically. As a workaround, I changed the symbol in Money to the no-load version of the same fund, TCM202. Now the prices, which are the same as the back load version of the fund, DO update automatically. Why would Money recognize one symbol and not the other? Is there a cleaner solution to the problem than the one I used? ...

Any way to suppress flickering of a datasheet? (Access 2003)
Hi, This is about an alternative to the property Painting of the Form class. As documentation says, this property has no effect when the form is in datasheet view. It is very sad (for example, because our users are getting sick of unnecessary flickering in response to a call to Recalc method). Is there any reasonably maintainable and reliable trick (like using Windows API or something) to circumvent this problem? Thanks, Yarik. I have never noticed any flickering of the screen, but that may be because I have lots of memory and a good video card. You might try using: Echo Off to procee...

Beter WEB Access Login page like OWA
Is there a third party add-on or a option from Microsoft to add a better web access login page like Exchange OWA has? I want to publish this via the internet for remote sales users, but wont do this until I can secure it via SSL. I am working right now on a SSL certificate for this process but would rather use a process like Forms Authentication in OWA. Any ideas? ...

Workflow Manager not working (anymore).Any quick hint where to look at?
Hi, somehow, when starting the workflow manager on a specific CRM -demo- installation, I get an error saying "indicated crm server not responding". Without going into details: Did this occur in any of your installations (maybe after having changed something in SQL server)? Any "quick" hint where to look at? Thanks a lot! Achim ...

ON_NOTIFY > NM_RCLICK for CListBox doesn't work
Hi there. I have an owner draw CListBox derived control. Now I would like to handle right click of mouse on my control. In my dialog class I set a handle just like this ON_NOTIFY(NM_RCLICK, IDC_PHONEBOOK, OnRclickPhonebook) The declaration of function is afx_msg void OnRclickPhonebook(NMHDR* pNotifyStruct, LRESULT* result); Now all this crap does't work and I'm trying to figure out wats going on and wat's wrong with it. Is there some problem handling WM_NOTIFY messages in case of CListBox control or something? Your help is needed. Thank you! German Koninin As far as I know ...

"CreateObject("Outlook.Application")" does not work
It was suggested in the Access newsgroup that I post this question to an Outlook newsgroup. I am Attempting to send e-mails to muultiple individuals from MS Access 2003. I use Outlook 2003 with an Exchange 2003 account. I also run Norton Enterpise Antivirus. I have Microsoft Outlook 11.0 Object Library checked in References. My code compiles fine. However when I try to run it I the following: Private Sub CreateMail() ' Customize a message for each contact and then send or save the message Dim intMessageCount As Integer Dim mobjOutlook As Object 'Declare and i...