docmd.transfertext problem

Hi,

I am using access 97 and tried to import a csv file to the mdb table.  I run
a code as following:

            DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "Specification4", "input",
DEFAULT_PATH & "online.txt", 1

In online.txt,  there is a field which is 10 digit number and I specified it
as a double datatype in the specification4. After the import, I found out
that the 10 digit number data in the field get empty in the destined table
while other fields are all right. Therefore I import manually using
specification4 instead of running code. This time the 10 digit number data
get imported to the destined table. Can anyone please help me on how to fix
the problem so that I run the code? Thanks.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Can anyone please help? Thanks.

" 00 Hillary" <a@b.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I am using access 97 and tried to import a csv file to the mdb table.  I
> run a code as following:
>

>            DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "Specification4", "input",
> DEFAULT_PATH & "online.txt", 1
>

> In online.txt,  there is a field which is 10 digit number and I specified
> it as a double datatype in the specification4. After the import, I found
> out that the 10 digit number data in the field get empty in the destined
> table while other fields are all right. Therefore I import manually using
> specification4 instead of running code. This time the 10 digit number data
> get imported to the destined table. Can anyone please help me on how to
> fix the problem so that I run the code? Thanks.

Two network interface cards problem
Hi, In my machine,I have two network iterface cards.One for Internet,and the other for local area network.I want to bind the second card to send and receive data with UDP.I have try to use bind() function to bind its IP address,but failed because sometimes I can receive data.Who can help me,thanks in advance. bind() does not bind an IP address; it binds a port number, and "binding" means "publishes to the Internet as a connectable port number". There have been previous discussions of how to make a port available only on a particular network segment, but as far as I kn...

Replacement hard drive problem/ account access
Hi there, This is my first post so please be gentle! My family computer is an old Dell Inspiron and for a while its been very slow, then it stopped booting alltogether. The problem turned out to be the hard drive was degenerating so we bought a new one, installed it and kept the old one as the F drive so that we could access all the old files. My brother then reinstalled windows onto the machine. So far so good. Until I tried to access my old files. My old user account was password protected and Im assuming that this is the problem as when I try to get into it I get F:...

re-post of .stm problem (unable to resolve)
Thanks all. No luck yet. It turns out tape back up had a defective tape so no luck getting a back up copy. As to suggestion below, here is what I am doing: 1. at dos prompt, go to \progra~1\exchsrvr\bin 2. type in: eseutil /p c:\progra~1\exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb /createstm Doesn't run and message is: Usage error: Invalid option '/createstm'. I must be making a mistake somewhere? Any help is appreciated. btw, this is exchange 2000 Dan > >> danno <danno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >> > >> >somehow our priv1.stm file got del...

Item Wizard for Matrix Item, 2.0, Attributes Problem, Fix w/SQL co
Next on my list......when we used new item wizard in 1.2, and set attributes for a matrix item (always color, size and style, in our case), the computer automatically plugged those into the individual attribute field for each item. They then showed up on our label format (we have 3 boxes at the bottom where the color, size and style would be plugged into). After upgrading to 2.0, those attributes no longer go into the individual item fields automatically (although they do get plugged into the description). Any idea how to fix this? Ideally, I'd like them back on the label as well.....

Problem setting BackStyle on Label
I have a problem with Properties on Label in particular, when added by a script. The sequence below works on CommandButton1 and Frame1 objects but behaves strangely with Label1 Public Sub addLabel() Sheet2.OLEObjects.Add "Forms.Label.1", _ Left:=100, Top:=75, Height:=15, Width:=200 End Sub Public Sub nameLabel() Sheet2.Label1.Name = "title1" End Sub Public Sub setLabel() Sheet2.title1.BackStyle = 0 Sheet2.title1.Caption = "My Text" Sheet2.title1.Font.Bold = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Italic = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Size = 12 End Sub The one property that doesn&...

Problems with Passport/Money Sign-in
Not sure if anyone else has had this issue with Money: I use MS Money 2004 Deluxe. About every six months or so my password just stops working. I use MSN bill pay and the download features for my bank. First, the online service sign in stops working, then my MS Money login stops working. When I call customer service, they told me "Sorry, you have lost your money file and you have to recreate your passport and start a new Money File." This has happened to me THREE times and only once were they able to fix it. They suggested I buy Money 2007 and it should fix the problem. ...

Formula Format problem
I am using the following format to query another sheet and return data. =(SUMIF('Assignments Formulas'!B$5:B$251,B4,'Assignments Formulas'!R$5:R$251))/2 It works great for part of my needs, but not for all. In the next column I need to do essentially the same thing plus divide R$5:R$251 by Q$5:Q$251 but everything I have tried comes back as an error. I'd really appreciate some help with the syntax since I am pretty sure it can all be done, but I just don't know what I am doing! If not- I realize I can add additonal columns and then hide them to simplify the fo...

OWA Problem #14
When the users log in to owa from within the domain, they get in no problem and can read, send, reply etc to emails. However, when they access owa from outside the domain, they can log in and see their email, but when they actually try to read an email they get a you do not have permission to view this page error. Any thoughts? On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:23:03 -0800, jaymac <jaymac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When the users log in to owa from within the domain, they get in no problem >and can read, send, reply etc to emails. However, when they access owa from >outside...

Problem with memory allocation
Hi, I have a multi-threaded application where in one of the functions that is called inside one of the threads, I have declared a CString variable called ErrorText. I leave the application to run overnight in the Debug mode. Somehow, the application runs successfully for a few hours and then freezes at a random time and displays a message box " User Breakpoint called from code at 0x10212ad0". I see this message when I come back in the morning. It stops at one of the statements in dbgheap.c... then I step through the code and it goes through many functions of which one of ...

Outlook Archive problem
I had Microsoft Outlook 98 installed on a previous computer I owned. (I no longer have the computer, nor the software).... When I was reinstalling XP very recently, I found I had backed up my Outlook data folder, with it's complete outlook.pst file.. I attempted to import the mail into OE, but that fails (apparently you have to have Outlook also installed for that function to work in OE). I have also downloaded the latest Eudora, and attempted to import the outlook.pst file into Eudora, and nothing occurs.. (no error message, Eudora just sits there and does nothing) I then attemp...

Excel
Since the worm blaster virus has hit our office, I'm having a lot of problems with the subtotal function. The file hangs up then I save it and close the file - when I go back into the file, the data has been subtotaled. Does anyone know what's going on? I actually had the IT guy uninstall and reinstall excel and that did not fix the problem. Could this be related to the fact that they just installed service pack 2 yesterday?!! >-----Original Message----- >MSBlaster didn't do anything to the Office load that I >know of... this has to be unrelated to the worm. I...

Just more problems with IE 8
I have IE 8 as my default web browser and from time to time it won't do things and I get messages telling me it won't do it. The only problem is the reasons are not valid, I know this because I have checked and my and I do have the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. The page works in Firefox and also in Google Chrome but not in IE 8 , I get this message when I try to open this webpage in my default browser IE 8 "The Camtasia Studio video content presented here requires JavaScript to be enabled and the latest version of the Macromedia Flash Player. If y...

Sending problem #3
For the last few days, I'll be working online, press Send on an e-mail, and it just sits in the Outbox. Opening the e-mail from the Outbox and pressing Send yields the same result. Pressing Send and Receive on the toolbar has become the only way to send e-mail. I still have "Send immediately when connected" selected in my Options. I ran a virus scan with no results. These e-mails don't have large attachments or anything else unusual. Any ideas? Thanks, Ben ...

PrintDialog problem
Hi Guys, Can you someone take a look at my post from 4/21 about Customizing Print Dialog to see if I am overlooking something? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_frm/thread/5a21b58df5ee38fb/aba928da7a50ed50#aba928da7a50ed50 Thanks AliR. Hi AliR, We have already reviewed that issue, currently we need more detailed information to research the problem. Would you please check it there? Thanks for your understanding. Best regards, Gary Chang Microsoft Online Community Support ================================================== When responding to posts, please &...

Problem with Huge PST File
When I went to start up Outlook 2003, I got a message that my PST file was not closed properly last time. Outlook went through it's process. Now, my PST file is 823MB, even though when I do a folder size on it within outlook, it says the PST file shou be about 10MB. Does anyone have some suggestions? --Nicholas Are you checking the .pst file size from the root of your personal folders? If you search your hard drive for the .pst file, what does Windows report as the file size? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Sw...

Problem coonectiing to SSL WebServices
We have a valid SSL Certificat issued to www.mycompany.com and installed on our web server. Our web services are on that server too. We have imported the certificat on the client. We have two subdomain pointing to the same server: ws.mycompany.com & www.mycompnay.com. Here is the problem: When we acces a webservice with ws.mycompany.com we have the following connection error: System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship with remote server. -- Dany Couillard, ing. ...

message size problem.
Exchange 2003 server Sp2 can't receive messages over 10Mb. Message delivery defaults as follows Sending message size 5000 Kb Receiving message size 30270 Kb Recipients limits 5000 SMTP virtual server settings Limit message size to 30000Kb Limit session size to 30720 Kb Limit number of messages per connection 20 Limit number of recipients per message 64000 Does anybody know what I am missing, the user accounts are all set to use defaults for message size and when amending a user to receive 30720 Kb they are still unable to receive messages over 10 Mb. Is there another setting that I...

Outlook 2003
I've noticed that periodically when I try to open a message in my Inbox that the email window opens behind the Outlook window so I have to minimize Outlook to see the message. Essentially, the message window does not become the active window on top when I open a message. I found no help in the Knowledge Base, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Vicky Sandvig ...

Problem with IMF and Safe sender list
I don't know where can I create a Safe sender list that affect to all the users in the Exchange Organization ? Could you help me ? Thanks in advance Safe Sender list at the mailbox level does not operate at the SCL threshold set at the Gateway level. Safe Sender is only applicable to the mailbox SCL threshold. The link from the document provided by Microsoft states the following. http://www.nemx.com/products/powertools/ExchangeIMF.asp =====From the Microsoft Exchange IMF Deployment Guide===== "An administrator sets two thresholds that determine ho...

Problems with Historical Aged Trial Balance Report
I want to use this report in Reports>Sales>Trial Balance After I configured it but there are some customer that appear with the data in the wrong column (current/0-30 days) according their payment’s form. Thank in advance, Jose G. Jose, Could you provide more infomation? What data appears in the wrong column, invoices? credit memos? Also, what payment methods are you referring to? How are they setup? Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "jose garcia" wrote: > I want to use this repo...

Form feeding a table problem
I am a newer user of Access and inherited a database from a person no longer with the company. I am using a form to input invoice amounts into an invoice table. The form uses a parameter query to ask for invoice number. When the form opens, I have it pulling customer info from a customer table, which it displays on the form. I then enter more invoice info. When I look at the invoice table after I close the form, the info I typed (invoice update) is there, but the customer info that is automatically pulled doesn't load from the customer table to the invoice table. How can I g...

Filtered list & maximum no columns problem
Hi I have a filtered list with a considerable amount of associated data, which I am performing calculations on. I have run out of columns for this data. It is not practical to split the data into other sheets, as I am making frequent changes to the filter criteria. Any suggestions? Bertie -- claytorm ------------------------------------------------------------------------ claytorm's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=11610 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=398516 ...

Tab Key problems
Help - All of a sudden my Tab key will not work in a worksheet. If another program is open, when I press Tab the other program opens. If nothing but Excel is open, nothing happens. I am lost without the use of my Tab key! I already checked Tools-Options-Transition key - that wasn't the problem. Thanks. ESL, Do you have a stuck Alt or Ctrl key? Jim Cone San Francisco, USA ----- Original Message ----- From: "ESL in Tyler" <ESL in Tyler@discussions.microsoft.com> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.excel.misc Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 1:53 PM Subject: Tab Key problems...

problem deleting items from outlook 2003 search folders
Every time I try and delete an item out of my "unread mail" search folder, I get the following error message: "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." I can delete email messages from standard outlook folders, but not search folders. I am NOT connected to an exchange server. I only download email from several pop3 email accounts. Does anyone have any idea why Outlook would be giving me this error message? Thanks. ...

TransferText
Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? Please advise. Thank you. "Brig Siton" <bnospamsiton@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e0wzJZZ1KHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and > APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? TransferText will always overwrite the target file. If you still want to use TransferText, you can export to a temporary file, then use one of seve...