docmd.transfertext problem

Hi,

I am using access 97 and tried to import a csv file to the mdb table.  I run
a code as following:

            DoCmd.TransferText acImportDelim, "Specification4", "input",
DEFAULT_PATH & "online.txt", 1

In online.txt,  there is a field which is 10 digit number and I specified it
as a double datatype in the specification4. After the import, I found out
that the 10 digit number data in the field get empty in the destined table
while other fields are all right. Therefore I import manually using
specification4 instead of running code. This time the 10 digit number data
get imported to the destined table. Can anyone please help me on how to fix
the problem so that I run the code? Thanks.

access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Can anyone please help? Thanks.