Do I need a licence to distribute MSFLXGRD.OCX?

I wish to use the MS FlexGrid control in my Access database.

Do I need a licence to distribute MSFLXGRD.OCX?

Pual

0
Paul
5/16/2007 10:56:41 AM
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

Paul H wrote:
> I wish to use the MS FlexGrid control in my Access database.
>
> Do I need a licence to distribute MSFLXGRD.OCX?

If you also use a VB application, the answer is no. But you will need to
build and deploy a VB application to distribute and register the OCX. You
cannot distribute it with an Office application alone.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin
5/16/2007 12:44:56 PM
"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a@m.com> wrote in message
> Paul H wrote:
>> I wish to use the MS FlexGrid control in my Access database.
>>
>> Do I need a licence to distribute MSFLXGRD.OCX?
>
> If you also use a VB application, the answer is no. But you will need to
> build and deploy a VB application to distribute and register the OCX. You
> cannot distribute it with an Office application alone.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com

Thanks Arvin,

I just dug out my Office 2000 Developer Tools CDROM which contains a version
of MSFLXGRD.OCX. So does that mean I can develop the app and distribute the
OCX with it, as long as I use Access 2000 as the development platform? Does
it also restrict client to having to run the app in Access 2000 (runtime and
full version)?

Man this is confusing. :O)

Paul

0
Paul
5/16/2007 1:11:33 PM
Paul H wrote:
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <a@m.com> wrote in message
>> Paul H wrote:
>>> I wish to use the MS FlexGrid control in my Access database.
>>>
>>> Do I need a licence to distribute MSFLXGRD.OCX?
>>
>> If you also use a VB application, the answer is no. But you will
>> need to build and deploy a VB application to distribute and register
>> the OCX. You cannot distribute it with an Office application alone.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>
> Thanks Arvin,
>
> I just dug out my Office 2000 Developer Tools CDROM which contains a
> version of MSFLXGRD.OCX. So does that mean I can develop the app and
> distribute the OCX with it, as long as I use Access 2000 as the
> development platform? Does it also restrict client to having to run
> the app in Access 2000 (runtime and full version)?
>
> Man this is confusing. :O)

Yeah it is confusing. If it was distributed with the developer's kit, you
can distribute it with an install of your Access 2000 app. Once it is on the
machine and properly registered, you can use it for other versions by
setting a reference to it. You cannot put it on a machine as part of an
install which does not properly register it. That's confusing, so let me
add. If you have a later Developer's version that doesn't include it, the
answer is no, unless you first install something that legally allows you to
use it.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin

>>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>
>> Thanks Arvin,
>>
>> I just dug out my Office 2000 Developer Tools CDROM which contains a
>> version of MSFLXGRD.OCX. So does that mean I can develop the app and
>> distribute the OCX with it, as long as I use Access 2000 as the
>> development platform? Does it also restrict client to having to run
>> the app in Access 2000 (runtime and full version)?
>>
>> Man this is confusing. :O)
>
> Yeah it is confusing. If it was distributed with the developer's kit, you
> can distribute it with an install of your Access 2000 app. Once it is on
> the machine and properly registered, you can use it for other versions by
> setting a reference to it. You cannot put it on a machine as part of an
> install which does not properly register it. That's confusing, so let me
> add. If you have a later Developer's version that doesn't include it, the
> answer is no, unless you first install something that legally allows you
> to use it.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com

I need my blue blanket.

:O)

Thanks

0
Paul
5/16/2007 3:37:02 PM
"Paul H" <paul@nospam.com> wrote in message

> I need my blue blanket.

I think it was washed! <g>
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin

FUTA / SUTA Distributions
When you post your FUTA/SUTA liabilities, do the distributions go into the Payroll Distribution History table? If not, where do they go? ------=_NextPart_0001_81E6B13B Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When period end liabilities are posted, they do appear in the Payroll Distribution History Header and Payroll Distribution History Detail tables (UPR30400 and UPR30401). The period end information can be identified by the UPRPE audit trail codes. Please let me know if you have additional information regarding the FUTA and SUTA posting process. Thanks! Kirsten M...

XmlSchema classes help needed
Hi All, I am having hard time figuring out how to programmatically construct a schema with following comple type: <xs:complexType name="A"> <xs:sequence> <xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="B" type="B" /> <xs:element minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" name="C" type="C" /> </xs:sequence> <xs:anyAttribute> </xs:complexType> Specifically I can not find any way to insert the "XmlSchemaAnyAttribute" instance into the complex type I have. A...

sending emails to distribution lists in outlook 2002
How do I send an email to a distribution list in outlook 2002? The HELP instructuions tell me to click on the insert menu and chose ITEM However when I click on INSERT it does not give me ITEM as an option. You have to create your distribution list first in your "Contact" folder. It will then appear bold. You will then be able to choose the list just as you do a contact. >-----Original Message----- >How do I send an email to a distribution list in outlook >2002? The HELP instructuions tell me to click on the >insert menu and chose ITEM However when I click on I...

Thread advice needed
I am new to C++ and Windows programming and I am developing a client-server application. The application has an MFC dialog client app which speaks to a remote server application. As it involves communicating over the Internet my initial thoughts are to have the client-side communication being done in a thread of its own. The client application has the GUI dialog class which instantiates a "manager" class. All network communication is done via methods in the manager class. How do I implement threading in this network communication (so that the program doesn't freeze when...

Is Doc/View Architecture really needed?
Hi I wanted to try some codes last night and start a default MFC app. with Doc/view support. But it gives so much compiler and run-time error because of doc/view, i forgot what i want then began to correct the code. Do you really need Doc/view or do you use doc/view architecture in your projects? Or you begin with empty project? I want to learn when it is not necessary and when it is. Have you ever faced Doc/View archtecture become painful in your recent projects? I am looking for your opinions. Thanks. If you are going to have "data" and represent it on the "screen"...

What is Microsoft Office Basics 2003? And do I need it?
This program contains 4094.00MB. I would like to remove it from my computer. Is it needed? It is used rarely and the last time it was used was 01/28/2006. It is taking up more space than all my other programs. I would like to delete it if it is not necessary to run work or excel. HELP! Microsoft Office suite containing Word, Excel, and Outlook. Only you know if you use/need it but if you delete it, you will no longer have those programs. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Helpless&quo...

i am new to excel and need help thanks!
first off thanks you guys for taking the time to help. i have got alot of info from the forums. ok here is my latest adventure! i am trying to create a list of phone numbers for my boss. he asked me to pull out every phone number on his phone bills and make a list using excel. now his bills are in PDF formatt and i have purchased a PDF to excel converter and it works great, my issue is once im in excel i want to extract or copy all the phone numbers, is that possible? so far ive just been able to delete alot of unwanted text and contect that carries over from the PDF and narrow it down ...

Need trailing zeroes to show for range of numbers....
The file I pulled into Excel for some reason cut off 2 trailing zeroes, no matter how I format it they will not show up. There are thousands of them and I can't see typing in each one over just to get two zeroes on the end. Does anyone know of a way to format this so they will show up? I have searched Microsoft online with no help. Not too much information, but try this (after saving your workbook!) In an empty cell enter the numner 100. Edit>Copy Select your data Edit>Paste Special, check Multiply -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Sueshe" &...

Need CRM 3.0 SB Cals
If anyone has extra CALs for 3.0 Small Business please let me know. ...

How do I stop using data source no longer needed for charts?
HOW DO I DELETE AN AUTOMATIC LINK which is no longer there? I have copied a chart from one workbook to create a new workbook. Now it always says this wkbk contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Grace - You can unlink a chart from its source data. This web page describes several ways: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Grace wrote: > HOW DO I DELETE AN AUTOMATIC LINK which is no longer there? &g...

Serious Email Retrieval Needed
Here's my problem. My motherboard blew up last week. I have since replaced it, but now m o/s doesn't recognize my harddrive. I have replaced my harddrive wit a formatted one, and reloaded my o/s and Microsoft Office (includin Outlook). Using the new formatted drive with the new o/s, etc. is there any wa that I can find a copy of all of my emails on the old drive and cop them to the new harddrive. I have never archived my email, but ca only imagine that there must be a file somewhere..... Please someone smack me lightly upside the head and help me with this. Thanks Dav -------...

Help needed arranging data for a pivot table
I have a very large table in excel that I need to create a pivot tabl for, but can't seem to arrange the data correctly. Here's what th table looks like: There are about 20 "type" columns across the top and down the side are dates. For each day each of the columns ha about 20 prices. So a big block of mostly price data is added eac day. Do I have to have all of the prices in one column if I want t view different "types" side by side in a pivot table? If so, I woul have many many times the 65,000 rows that excel allows. This als seems ridiculously redundant. ...

Can not run money2004, Need Help!
I installed money2004 standard in my laptop with windows xp OS (SP1) successfully. But when I can not run it. The money report "Microsoft Money has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.". And the error detail is "AppName: msmoney.exe AppVer: 12.0.0.613 ModName: ofdutil.dll ModVer: 12.0.0.613 Offset: 0000ce2d". I try every thing I can,"restart windows","uninstall it and installed it again","uninstall it and install money deluxe demo (download from microsoft website). But it is still not reporting th...

Need help with tables
I have a table created where one of my fields in called "Completed" with a Yes/No command option. I would like to know if there is a way that when I check that box, the whole record can be automatically transferred to another table where I can store records that are "completed". Essentially I would have two tables, one with records where the "Completed" check box is not checked and another table where the "completed" box is checked. I'm fairly new to Access so I cannot figure this one out. Any help or suggestions would be very much app...

Mutual fund split ratio needed
Can someone please provide a reduced split ratio for a mutual fund. I am trying to split: 170798 for 153103. Thanks in advance, Perry Lentine Try 24015:21527. "Perry Lentine" <lentino@comcast.net> wrote in message news:IcydnT0M8JWefrbfRVn-qw@comcast.com... > Can someone please provide a reduced split ratio for a mutual fund. > > I am trying to split: 170798 for 153103. ...

Need help recovering emails
My husband deleted all my emails. Can anyone tell me how to restore them? Thanks. Windows Mail or Windows Live Mail..this is the Windows Live Mail newsgroup ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Paul & Lois" <pjhildman1@msn.com> wrote in message news:O5QOl7OjKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > My husband deleted all my emails. Can anyone tell me how to restore them? > Thanks. When emails are deleted they go into the Deleted Items folder. Did you look there? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/prof...

columns to include in a software licence tracking spreadsheet
I'm trying to set up a spreadsheet to track the multiple software agreements held by my company. I need to be able to see at a glance when licences are due for renewal, which versions I have, etc etc. I'm not sure which columns to include and how best to present the information. ...

gmail address shows distribution list
After sending a meeting invitation to a gmail user from outlook, the distrbution list that was set as private, is displayed. Anyone know the fix for this? Did you put it in the To or CC Field? If so, that is to be expected. Use the BCC Field next time. (In Meeting requests, it’s the Resources field) See http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/ccmeeting.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Need advice on updating changes made to Exchange server
I have been looking for this answer and cant seem to find it anywhere on the internet. Its simply; how does one immediately update changes made to stmpvs or smtp connectors and have it applied right away? The problem I have is once changes are made to message limit size, it doesnt kick in right away and takes sometimes for it to update the changes I made throughtout the network. Thank you, -Theo restart the smtp service "Theo" <Theo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED67F57C-F6F2-46C3-9756-0B6DCBB36F2F@microsoft.com... >I have been looking for thi...

3 Register Licence
I have a licence for 3 registers...I have two set up in the front, and in the back office is the 3rd, also acting as the server. How difficult would it be to install the software on a different computer, have it act as the server and bring register 3 out onto the floor? Having all of my info go to the new back office computerl, and have the computer in the back office acting as the server? -- Thank You Vince :) No problem at all just install RMS on a computer make a backup of the database then make a database from the backup on the new server. You will also have to point all the...

I need to issue a credit
I have a company that I bill that sends me a check to deposit and then work off. It is like a retainer. I am not sure how to get the amount of the money into their account and then how to make it show on the invoice. Anyone had any experience with this type set up? ...

Need help with VBA
Hi, I have to start developing VBA applications in Excel as a job assignment. I therefore require a nice starting point to learn VBA in Excel. Can nebody suggest some good books/links from where I can get complete and thorough tutorials on Excel VBA? I need the resource to cover all topics from beginner to the advanced level. Regards MPG Hi. Try www.VBAExpress.com. Lesson 1 of VBA Training is free. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Mayank Prakash Gupta" <mayank.prakash@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eeN87JOkFHA.2916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >...

Consultant needed
We have deployed Dynamics 10 in the US and our now looking to deploy in our CAN company. Can anyone out here recommend a consultant that could work with us on this? It will involve French/English invoicing and the usual international issues. Hi, I have been working with GP in the UK since 1999 and am an independant. I am about to start an implementation of the French Canadian version in Algeria so will be up to speed with all the issues by the time we finish... but that won't be until after December so depends when you need someone.. Regards Katie "GPgirl" wrote: > ...

Events 9153 and 9188, need some help
Greetings, having an issue here would like some advice on. Running Exchange SP1 2003 server. Every 13 mins and 15 mins I get event ID's 9153 and 9188, respectively. The Exchange Domain Servers and Exchange Enterprise Server groups are in the Users container and have always been in that container, never moved. The errors apparently appear because it cannot read the group memberships. The local computer object of the server is a member of the Exchange Domain servers group as well. Everything is as it should be according to the KB on MS support. After much digging I found an interestin...

Hosting Tournament, need formula.
Ok, Here's my story. I am currently hosting a tournament among friends which are split into different groups (32 people, 8 groups of 4). Anyway I am making a spreadsheet to make it all 'easier.' Using Excel 2002 Anyway: [image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v158/stevendgates/ss4.jpg] Where: FORMULA FOR R4 IS: =IF(M4=\"\",\"\",IF(M4>Q4,K4,P4)) FORMULA FOR S4 IS: =IF(R4=\"\",\"\",IF(R4=K4,P4,K4)) Ok, here's my problem. If a Draw was to happen, the R4 field will always give me the P4 Field and the S4 field will make the K4 value...