display text with button

I have multiple buttons and one text field (unbound).  What I want to do is
when user click on the button.  It will display a message in the unbound text
field.

ie. My first button is Product and when the user click on the product button
to open the product tab control the unbound text field will show Product.
When the user click another button label Milk, the unboud text will show only
Milk.  Thanks.
access 16762 articles. 3 followers. Follow

attribute display names
I am trying to find the corresponding display names for each attribute. I have a case where the schema names and the actual CRM field names are very different. I want to put a spreadsheet together with the field name from the form and its actual database name. Which table holds the display name? I have looked in the metabase and have not found it yet. Thanks, Ryan See the StringMap table in the MSCRM DB. HTH, Dave Ryan wrote: > I am trying to find the corresponding display names for each attribute. I > have a case where the schema names and the actual CRM field names are ver...

Excel 2003 SP2 Cells text color pbs
hi, I have a problem with excel 2003 sp2: When I tape a text in cells, and after I colorize this text in RED for exemple and put enter, my cells sem to be red. But if I put pagedown touch on this sheet to write other cell and push pageup my cell was blue on the screen. If I print my sheet the text of the blue cell was red !!!!!!!! This problem seem to work only when the police is in bold !!!!! Have you see the same problem for other user ???? Have you a solution ?? thank you regard SFX ...

Display worksheet with prompt/button
I was wondering if there is a way to have Excel prompt the user with question, then open up a worksheet based on the answer to tha question? For example, when Excel opens it could ask the user to make th appropriate choice about what part of the workbook they want to use then open up the corresponding worksheet....ie. if the user wants th "apples" worksheet they could select the apples button and if they wan the "oranges" worksheet they could select the oranges button and woul be taken to the appropriate worksheet based on the button they select -- Message posted from h...

Excel-Export a file as a Fixed Length Text file
Can anyone advise on how to export/save an Excel file to a fixed length text file? Here's a thread that offers a couple of alternatives: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40E61859.7071CC5A%40msn.com RJM wrote: > > Can anyone advise on how to export/save an Excel file to a fixed length text file? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Highlighting text in Outlook 2003
Is there any way to highlight text in Outlook 2003 without using Word as the editor? I am using Outlook 2003 with SP3 on Win XP SP3 machine. Thanks for any information! Highlight as in yellow marker highlight? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Let's Really Fix Outlook 2010 htt...

Display Full Headers?
How does one view the full message headers in OE? I need to see what IP a message originated from. "Sue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4d9a01c473d1$9d4fac60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How does one view the full message headers in OE? I need > to see what IP a message originated from. Right-click on the message, choose Properties, then Details BTW, please note this group is for Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 and 2003, part of the Office suite. Not Outlook EXPRESS, which despite its name is in fact a completely different program. For OE support try...

justify text in a text box in excel
Hi, I need to justify text (like a newspaper column) in a text box in Excel. The other Office programs have 4 options (left, right, center, justify); Excel only has 3... is there a way to do this with programming? Excel has 4 too. Click View/Toolbars, then Customize. In the right part of the window, you'll see all available icons. Just drag the one you need to your existing toolbar. "Christine" <Christine@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:B5EC81B8-C66C-49D2-ABD2-93F6EF8C99E6@microsoft.com... > Hi, I need to justify text (like a newspaper column) ...

Moving Text Box with Data
I have an excel chart that is updated with two new data points per day. On the chart I have text boxes indicating points of interest for a particular day. As data is added to the chart, the text box stays in the same location and eventually need to be manually moved back to the correct date. Is there any way to link the text box (or a comment) to a particular point on a chart, such that it moves with the data? Thanks in advance. Anyone? Can it be done? "Greg White" wrote: > I have an excel chart that is updated with two new data points per day. On > the chart I ha...

Importing text to chart based on link to cell
I am attempting to link a cell from my spread sheet to a text box in my chart, but have been unable to do so. Does anyone know how or if this is possible. On Fri, 7 Nov 2003 12:59:29 -0800, Stephen <stephen.szyndrowski@telus.co= m> = wrote: > I am attempting to link a cell from my spread sheet to a > text box in my chart, but have been unable to do so. Does > anyone know how or if this is possible. Select the chart, then click in the formula bar (above the chart, next t= o = the little "fx"), type the equal sign, then click on the cell that you = wish to refe...

Outlook 2002 Voting button tracking info pblm.
Scenario - Client sent message using voting buttons. Then went to track the responses, but found it was tracking a previous message using voting buttons. Has anyone experienced this porblem, & if so what was the cause\resolution?? Tankx, Virgin Poster. ...

Outlook displaying HTML weirdly and attachments as plain text?? Help.
Hi, All of a sudden my SBS 2003 box is passing me emails from people who are sending me email in HTML format but I see it like this: This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------_=_NextPart_001_01C89B01.1EE51FF9 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C89B01.1EE51FF9" ------_=_NextPart_002_01C89B01.1EE51FF9 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Attachments appear like this: ------_=_NextPart_001_01C89B01.1EE51FF9 Content-Type: application/vnd.ms-excel; name="ACCORD 2007-8....

Mouse up event in a button
Hi, Can you help me with this onw, I need an active-x control button that fire event in mouse down click on the button and in the mouse up click, The default button control send only click event in the mouse down pressing on it but ther is no way to know when the user release the mouse click, There is a new active x control that do that?? Can i build a new button control like a class the that derived from CButton and implement the mouse up event? how can you send me an example code??? Thanks! ...

Excel 2007: Lines not displaying on Scatter Plots #2
I have equipment that spits out system variables every minute for weeks/months at a time. There are numerous gaps in the data when the system is not "sampling", from minutes to days at a time, though I maintain continuity of the Date/Time stamp that I use as the x-axis. So the data sets I use are enormous, maximizing the capabilities of Excel (i.e. 30,000 points per data series and typically no more than 6 data series per plot). The chart data references multiple worksheets, so a Scatter Plot is the only appropriate option. I have recently installed Office 2007, though som...

How do I get Excel to display a negative value for time?
I am creating a set of worksheets analyzed with pivot tables and charts that track time delays in starting office procedures. Some of the procedures were begun before the scheduled time. How do I get Excel to show those as negatives or any other useful format? I am using Excell 2003. ...

VLOOKUP formula displays in cell, will not return data
I had an older version of Excel (97 maybe?) and our office updated to 2007. Now my vlookup will not return data. The vlookup formula appears in the cell or I get the NA#. I've formatted my lookup cells and table to General but still get the same result. After formatting the cell as General, re-enter it (F2/Enter) - if you're still seeing the formula, press Ctrl/~ -- you're looking at the formula layer instead of the value layer. "Chaps" wrote: > I had an older version of Excel (97 maybe?) and our office updated to 2007. > > Now my vloo...

Change Text
In Cell A1 I have two types of text: 5/3 or 15/2 In Cell A2 I want a formula that changes the A1 text to 053 or 152. Cheers GK Try in A2: =TEXT(SUBSTITUTE(A1,"/",""),"000") -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- GMT+8, 1� 22' N 103� 45' E xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "gregork" <gregork@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message news:421ee495@clear.net.nz... > In Cell A1 I have two types of text: 5/3 or 15/2 > In Cell A2 I want a formula that changes the A1 text to 053 or 152. > > Cheers > GK > > > Thanks for your ...

missing text #2
When replaying or forwarding email from Outlook, half of new text is missing when recipient receive email. Does anybody know what can cause this? Thanks, Billie ...

adding text in front of
Hi, I would like to insert a common beginning in front of all my lines of text on a certain collum . How do I do that , my text being different on each lines example from Bob to - Bob -- Our website : http://timmins22.adventistchurchconnect.org/index.php Our Bible School : http://www.discoveronline.org/schools/647 try Sub adddash() mc=activecell.column lr=cells(rows.count,mc).end(xlup).row For Each c In range(cells(2,mc),cells(lr,mc)) If Len(c) > 1 Then c.Value = "- " & c Next c End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austi...

I want to bold selected text, entire document is bolded?
I'm working in Word. When I highlight a section of text to be bolded, italicized, etc. the entire document gets bolded italicized, etc. How do I stop that from happening? Might try a Word group... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Seeker" <Seeker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A39826B2-75E3-4C9E-ACBC-9DD230741F28@microsoft.com... > I'm working in Word. When I highlight a section of text to be bolded, > italicized, etc. the entire document gets bolded italicized, etc. ...

Is there any way to make the format (General, Number, Text) of the cells visible?
Is there any way to make the format (General, Number, Text) of the cells visible? I always have to rightclick > Format to check it. Bart Ex2003 Hi Bart There's a way to create a formula to display the number format using an XLM4 macro function: 1. Go Insert>Name>Define and name the formula you are about to create something like NumFmt (you have to do it this 'indirect' way when using XLM4 macros) and in the refers to box type: =GET.CELL(7,OFFSET(INDIRECT("RC",FALSE),0,-1)) and click OK. 2. Now this formula can be used in any worksheets in this workbook a...

Simulate hold button down? Can anybody help me?
Hello, I want to holddown a button. I use the win32 API like this: private const int WM_LBUTTONDOWN = 0x0201; private const int WM_MOUSEACTIVATE = 0x21; private const int MK_LBUTTON = 0x0001; [DllImport("user32.dll", SetLastError = true)] public static extern bool PostMessage(IntPtr hWnd, [MarshalAs(UnmanagedType.U4)] int Msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam); I tryed post en sendmessage: bool t = PostMessage(this.buttonHandle, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, System.IntPtr.Zero, System.IntPtr.Zero); The method returns true, but nothing happend. I d...

How to: text color depend on value
Anyone know how to make the text change colors, depending on what valu certain data is? I'm sure it's easy... -- bobsmith58 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bobsmith58d's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1452 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26148 bobsmith58d Wrote: > Anyone know how to make the text change colors, depending on what valu > certain data is? I'm sure it's easy.... Go to Format/Cells/Custom and inside the "Type" box, choose th...

creating pushable buttons
I wish to create a simple table where for ten different fields of information the user will have 5 choices of answer that can be selected by pushing a button labeled with the correct answer. I have seen many forms that use this type of button but have no clue what the process is. If someone can tell me some basics of how this is done or knows of a good reference it will be much appreciated. After putting a button on to a worksheet you assign a macro to run when it is clicked. REgards BrianB ============================================== "CK" <dodge54@shaw.ca> wrote in me...

Do we have a software which can export text to excel perfectly?
do we have such software frnds??? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you mean Import into excel? And if you can tell excel that the data is either fixed width or has a common separator, then excel will be pretty close to perfect! If you can't tell excel that stuff, then I think you'll need to do some data cleansing after you import it. "vikram <" wrote: > > do we have such software frnds???? > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

HELP! How to extract information in inbox/sentbox into a text file
Can any one tell me how to extract the information of new mails in m inbox/sentbox, including the sender name, message subject and messag time, into a text file ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...